It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Spirits of Universe speaking to us through Artists and Musicians ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
To the artists out there. It is the unique method of observation that differentiates how the artist processes information, and ‘sees’ what others may overlook. It may be the part of the whole, or the whole of the parts that the artist may see that others may overlook. It is also the attempts to depict that unique observation to tangible crafts that the artist is intrigued to express, maybe for their own understanding of things observed to satisfy their own curiosity, or maybe to communicate their own unique way of seeing what it is around them.

Creativity is not exclusive to the artists; engineers, physicists, and scientists are unique in their methods of ‘creating’ what it is they measure from what they observe, though be it in a different way than an artist might go about things. The mystical wonder of our world is only enhanced by the billions of different ways us humans process information we observe, for different reasons of understanding and use for our benefits or pleasures.

Oh what a boring world we would have if everyone thinks alike.

Continue to wonder, express, and enhance the ones around you. That is the gift of life you have, to be counted, to be noticed, and to have a unique view of things you see and experience. You may never know when your experiences expressed may enhance the observations of those you have touched. That is where God lives.

Excuse me for streaming off the top of my head for what may be an incomprehensible ramble, but I felt the urge to express what I tried to be a bit of encouragement for the artists out there to continue to create.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Your "ramble" which to me is a "preamble" makes perfect sense in my mind.. Thank you for your contributions to this thread and please feel free to ramble on we're buying a stairway to heaven.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
There are no spirits in the universe. just a slowly eroding away pile of mass. Anything spiritual is not of the universe. And yes, all skills come from someplace, because DNA certainly doesn't do much, but I'd say it's human desire. God let you do it. There isn't anyone speaking through it.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Good thread, I been thinking about making a similar thread for awhile because I have had a few scary experiences jamming alone by myself or with others. Where I was doing something on the keyboard that was out of my realm of knowledge to do with it. For me when I get those moments instead of thinking of chords, notes, scales I start seeing the keyboard visually in chunks, usually shapes, and images start forming. Once when I was having a feeling of higher conciousness or divine coming through me I made a jam on these elephant and pipe shapes on the piano. Its a really weird feeling that comes out once in awhile its one thing that has kept motivating me to learn other instruments to experience it that way. Its almost like a runners high but by playing instruments.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Through effort and constant execution, one does come across 'happy accidents'. Stay thirsty my friends.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hi mate, i apologize i havent read though the whole thread but ill just drop in my 2 cents anyway

I do believe music has a lot of spiritual influence, be they in form of actual music, sound and notes to actual lyrics and meanings.

A lot of the mainstream pop music and artist have strong beliefs in the superstitious and spirits. Major famous music idols too many to name have all got some spiritual elements in their music, be it by having deep lyrics, repetitive chanting type sounds, visual imagery to reflect those beliefs, a lot of these same artists in interviews have said they do believe in supernatural forces, some assuming alters that take over during a performance etc. Soo much to even get into ill just keep it brief. Music is a powerful tool, a spellbinding tool that has a strong effect on how people live and what they regard as enjoyable.

Lastly to add, im nto sure about christianity's take on Satans profession or anyone elses, but Islam tells us that Satans occupation before he got kicked out of heaven was that of a musician, and he was exceedingly good at it.

Not to make this sound utterly depressing lol, not saying all music is bad as that is not the case at all, but it seems that a lot of the more popular music especially the youth listen to is becoming quite dark imo.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Merry SolstiMas to you too!

I've been a musician and songwriter for over 30 years and have experienced spontaneous inspiration from the ether; a creativity beyond what consciously we compose regularly. It is humbling and wonderfully beautiful to have inventive expression from my instrument or from my mind as I compose.

I find sitting with my acoustic guitar and just playing randomly is tantamount to meditation. It brings priceless moments of serenity and inspiration, opening the chakras freeing the physical frequencies to intermingle with the spiritual.

Personally, the last few years have been off the charts with inspired songs of our political and spiritual ascension. Music is a direct connection to the cosmic mind, no doubt about it.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

OK if you want to go that way I politely ask you to prove it! - Thank you & Merry Chritmas

There is a symphony composer who started composing at a very early age. When about 15, his works were played by some of the World's most famous orchestra. He is very unusual because his process of creating a new symphony was -- He got the inspiration and wrote down the score for each instrument in the orchestra.

He didn't edit any score after the first inspiration. He said he didn't feel the need to do any editing.

You can see that most of the ATS'ers agree with the OP -- it is a shame you haven't learned about divine inspiration. How could anyone look at the world in all it's beauty and majesty and not know there is a God -- one who helps all of us in varying degrees?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nastyj

Not to make this sound utterly depressing lol, not saying all music is bad as that is not the case at all, but it seems that a lot of the more popular music especially the youth listen to is becoming quite dark imo.

Hi NJ!

I had considered addressing the dark or negative writing in my earlier posts. I thought it would just cloud my point. You've mentioned it in yours and perhaps I can say something relevant on that now.

I said in my post that we produce and create from what is in our experience, at least for me in mine. I think the onslaught of dark and foreboding creativity and expression is not necessarily from "dark forces" channeling through artists. I think (note that I attempt to always choose the word think over believe) that these artists are expressing the darkness of their experiences. For instance if one focuses on the environmental doom and gloom coming from the radio and television. If they consider all that they hear as "gospel" without knowing and experiencing. One might be prone to creating works that portend that the world is going to hell. All this without considering that the messages they are incorporating into their consciousness are being broadcast to influence for the gain fo someone or something. This sort of thing would tend to "snowball". If that's what you've been influenced to believe then you might tend toward that message and similar supporting information from all sources. And so like artists would tend to join in a common cause and one feeds off the other. We see this in the media all the time. It's human nature to move toward what we perceive is correct.

In this way, perhaps the original author might be channeling in this realm but they were not from another. More brainwashing than inspiration. I hope I've been able to express that clearly. I think most ATS members would agree that brainwashing exists. And don't think I'm anti-environment from my example. I can't be certain if that particular agenda has been promoted in such a way but I can pull together from the various sources of information I've been exposed to and form a hypothesis. You could pick any movement or agenda and come to a similar or an opposite hypothesis. Right or wrong in my/our hypotheses, I am and we are forming these from earthly sources and life experiences and not spirits, alien entities or what have you. My opinion.

Is it possible that various creative movements are forwarded in this way with like seeking out like? A sort of creative evolution with like thinkers moving out along various branches of creativity? I think so. Consider the growth of heavy metal music. Are these artists actually being guided by otherworldly entities or is their art an expression of dissatisfaction and disillusionment with the way things are and so a separate branch? Is their turning away from the other musical forms and movements just another road less taken? Is it them processing all of the information they've been exposed to? Led Zeppelin begets Black Sabbath begets Metallica etc.? (Please forgive my not knowing much of the ascendancy of metal music, it's not something I've been exposed to or drawn to. Any branch/style would work.) But yes, I think so. I think we move toward our real life influences and sources, whether we do so consciously every time is another matter. There is much that we don't understand about our brains.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Artists often look at things and people quite differently than most other people. For instance, let's say a really famous person comes walking into a club or bar you are at. An artist like me will find it more interesting to look at the responses of the other people more so than the famous person. But, the artist also notices that no one else is interested in doing that, they are all busy admiring the famous person.
I believe talent CAN be considered a sacred gift by the artist, and handled with much care. In fact, to me, it has to be developed this way to resonate with the higher spirits that bestowed this responsibility upon me. I mean, that is how I feel, but I notice it is not a requirement of some obviously very talented people. Some treat their talent like it could be purchased on sale somewhere, but I don't expect many to understand this.
It is cool if you do, though.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

"The Spirit Of Radio"

Begin the day with a friendly voice
A companion unobtrusive
Plays that song that's so elusive
And the magic music makes your morning mood

Off on your way, hit the open road
There is magic at your fingers
For the Spirit ever lingers
Undemanding contact in your happy solitude

[Chorus:]
Invisible airwaves crackle with life
Bright antennae bristle with the energy
Emotional feedback on timeless wavelength
Bearing a gift beyond price, almost free

All this machinery making modern music
Can still be open hearted
Not so coldly charted
It's really just a question of your honesty, yeah
Your honesty
One likes to believe in the freedom of music
But glittering prizes and endless compromises
Shatter the illusion of integrity

[Chorus]

For the words of the prophets were written on the studio wall
Concert hall
And echoes with the sounds of salesmen

edit on 25-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
Hi OP nice post.

I think there are two forms of musicians those that the industry creates for marketing purposes and those who consider themselves artists.

For the latter your OP describes them well. If you look at the many messages in music that have shaped our current reality you can easily see the power of influence words and music, poerty and art have over us.

To say that these moments of creative energy filter down into us in my opinion is certainly true.

I went through a very spiritual transformation in 2009 and i had an intense realationship with higer energies.
I have had moment before and since 2009 where my music and lyrics came from sources outside of myself but 2009 for me creativly was a peek in itself.

I will post 3 of the songs i made from my album on 2009. I know they are unlikely to be eveyones cup of tea but hopefully they will give you some insight into how these higher energies come through us and manifest through our art.

Peace and blessings.

I just listened to and watched all three of your videos and i must say that I am a bit speechless and I only wish that I had watched them sooner. So please forgive my crude way of acknowledging your talent and great contribution to this thread. I'm not often impressed by many rap songs lately. However yours are excellent.
I absolutely loved all three of your videos. The lyrics were tight and the hook was sharp the Imagery was scripture and the message was truth. I would definitely say you hit the nail on the head with this one as far as the experiences that I personally have been attempting to bring to light with this thread.

It was like watching a replay of my own spiritual growth and developmental process that was laid out for me over the years. And in almost the same systematic steps that I have walked through during the past 14 years of life.
Except for one element, and this is by no means a criticism, I personally have had to try to over come the darkness in the overall messages that were revealed to me along the way by transfusing quite a bit more Love, Light and Positivity into my own personal experience of acceptance to find the tranquility and stillness of heart.
To be able to repel the darkness that lies within me and the World today.
Which perhaps just slowed the process for me and created an even more exaggerated duality to manifest itself into existence due to my.own flaws and short comings being a man of wants needs and desires.

You have brought the gifts of enlightenment to the World and all of it beautifully packaged in a 10 minute box set.with hypnotic and transcendent inspirational quality..My friend in short you dropped the bomb on me.
The bomb of knowledge straight to and from the heart and crux of the matter. Whatever I was seeking in posting this thread you have brought forth with a pure funkdafied beat to back it. And I have not witnessed anything like it.in the past. A true and unique work of artistic genius for the benefit of mankind. The rest will be icing on the cake.. I just hope that my extreme flattery has not spoiled the milk for anyone else.

Not much can compare to the spirit it captures and the essence It holds which is what I have been trying to bring forth and reveal within the growth of this thread and I doubt it can be rivaled when it comes to it's potency, accuracy, symbolism and poignant significance to this discussion between all of the many highly intelligent and enlightened individuals that have already commented here thus far and I doubt it will be rivaled for some time.

Those videos have just taken this thread to the next level.and I want to thank you and your star for bringing your three Kings to this humble manger that.will hopefully give birth to quite a few immaculate conceptions on this Christmas day. We should all feel blessed by the Lord and take a moment. To listen to what accounts to me to be, with no disrespect intended to the past, a new gospel... Bravo

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I love Rush they definitely get a thumbs up in my book for the quality and directness of their messages

No doubt they are another example of the Spirit I am speaking of. Excellent choice, Thank you

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Yes. The most under-rated band in Canadian history - Rush. Another meaningful one they wrote, about the impending artistic and spiritual death of modern man, was "Subdivisions".

Perhaps it's a little outdated now, but when I listen to their songs, I am struck by the prophetic quality of their lyrics, and that "New World Man" song, I swear that I have not been patterning myself or my persona here based on that song, but there it is, a song about me, or anyone who's trying to perform The Great Work in the midst of our crazy world. Sent chills up and down my spine listening to it again.

Nice thread! S&F

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The list of great Rush songs that I personally believe have been inspired by a Holy Spirit goes on and on and is just as insightful to me today as they were when I first could realize and actually grasp the concepts and true meanings embedded within and emanating from their lyrics and songs.

Of course most would know Tom Sawyer. I also like "Working man" and "Red Barchetta"

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
Most of the art I have created seemed to come to me in a flash of inspiration and kinda just flowed out of me like I wasn't really the one creating it.

Inspiration. Now there's an underated word.

For what it's worth, I contend that it isn't cleanliness which is next to godliness, it's creativity. Without inspiration, there can be no creativity. Not in my simple mind, at least.

From the first people who shut themselves into the darkest silent recesses of caves so that they can 'see' what is hidden and to those who currently 'watch' their dreams to remember them in their waking hours, it is they who bring the greatest gifts to us all.

Where do these thoughts come from? Is it from within ourselves that we find new and exciting revelations or does it pour into us during in our weakest moments? It happens when we exhaust ourselves in dance or through fasting, cutting ourselves away in a forest or desert, completely and utterly alone with our thoughts. I've read reports of people who, in the most dire hour of their lives, gained direction from 'voices' and who encouraged them on to try a little harder to survive.

I've come close to death a few times. It's hard to explain what happened at those moments, but the old saw about 'Out of Body Experience' describes it best. Because this has happened to me, whether it's a biological or spiritual response or not, it has changed me. I cannot be convinced that there s no soul or spirit within us. I could read 1000 explanations about the chemistry of our brains, but the surity that I left my corporal body and floated above it is as fresh in my mind as if it happened yesterday and I will recognize it immediately when it happens again, as I'm certain it will eventually.

So... there it is. I believe in the spiritual realm absolutely, beyond any doubt.

If spirits exist, then in those moments when we are closest to that realm ourselves, there can be communication between those two worlds. I'm also very sure of that. Does inspiration flow from such experiences? Yes, to me it does. This is why dreams are important. As you lay asleep, drooling on your pillow, you are most at risk and reasoning fails within your mind. Helpless and completely alone, you are open to those strange whispering voices.

I've heard some say they never dream.
I'd bet the truth is that they instead chose to completely block those memories for some reason, because everyone dreams.

Sorry for rambling... I think it's the eggnog.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

if it has not yet been said...I say the act of creativity begins once one Transcends
the everyday, mundane consciousness or reality

one might wax poetically that 'spirits' are the sublime force that inspires you....
but i say that it is both ones' accumulated emotional experiences and
a trancendental moment, where one is out-of-body, that begins the process of
a Genesis of a idea/creation/song/play/story/sculpture/thesis/invention/ etc.

xīn nián hǎo, prounounced "sing nee-ann how." ~happy new year~

~~~~~~~~~~`

just went back and read the reply posts in the thread
[i do this to record my unvarnished thoughts...before the thread evolution gets too far away]

the post above mine =

masqua--->posted on 25-12-2010 @ 15:18 ===> Inspiration. Now there's an underated word.[...]

used the 'out-of-body' reference also ... hmmmmm
edit on 25-12-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

Thanks for the nice story!

it is a shame you haven't learned about divine inspiration.

Divine inspiration?. Until proven this is just a theory! Where is the evidence to support this statement?

How could anyone look at the world in all it's beauty and majesty and not know there is a God.

This type of statement has been pushed on ATS many many times!. This could hardly be used as evidence in proving the existence of the claim. Pretty weak evidence in fact!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I can't assert with any certainty or authority what if any higher inspiration, "spirit," "muse," or what have you may or may not be responsible, in part or in full, for people's artistic endeavors. All I can say with any certainty are that the songs I've composed that feel the most important to me, and that I find most beautiful, are those I've heard during intense, life-long recollection, dreams. And in those dreams, the music is always either being heard, or is being performed by someone else. They're usually very lucid dreams, and I'm not aware of any intentional creation or imagination on my part. The songs exist distinct from my (aware, at least) consciousness. Then I wake up, run to the keyboard, and learn them before I forget them.

I don't know what that means, if anything. It could be as simple as there being more levels of thought and consciousness - consciousness being so abstract as it is - than we think there are, or can ever be fully aware of. Or it might mean something more profound and ephemeral. I have no way of knowing. I can only say that it does happen, and that I am always thankful when it does.
edit on 12/25/2010 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

The evidence is all around you at all times and even within you. There is no possible way to prove it to you unless you are willing to take that trip down the rabbit hole and eat the red pill. These are all metaphors for the matrix theories and do a pretty good job of actually explaining it.

You have to be willing to accept the evidence when shown or you will begin an endless power struggle within your own mind that can be dangerous and lead to absolute insanity

I will keep trying to coax you in the right direction if you really want to see the evidence. But you may or may not have to take a few philosophy, history, astrology, religious, symbolic, political and spiritual lessons first
edit on 25-12-2010 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join