It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Spirits of Universe speaking to us through Artists and Musicians ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i like to think of myself as an artist and musician, i make lots of art and play lots of music.
but i totally suck. is this 'divine' inspiration' fussy?
technically i'm good at whatever i try but i'm 100% devoid of imagination. maybe i'm a bad person and his divine'ness doesnt want me to create anythin origional.
ugh... if there is a god, thanks for reminding me of how much i hate him.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by sbctinfantry

That's the way it works. You know it, I know it, every artist knows it.

I have never held a schedule for music, with the exception of scheduled practices. When writing, I prefer zero distraction to focus myself, on myself. I prefer that no one watches, listens or even thinks about what I am doing, so you will never catch me rushing anyone out to write or practice. Music is just a very personal expression of the soul.

I think that we as humans don't give ourselves enough credit. We are molded in the image of our maker, the ultimate creator. To grant all accomplishments, especially personal ones, credit to an outside source is just selling ourselves short.

In short, OP, be proud of your work and aspirations. Never look back, or accept any shame for what you choose in life.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Shame? What's that?

I have it on good authority that I am essentially the source as well as the conduit. There really isn't a huge difference, 5 levels up from meat-puppet.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
reply to post by Deckard666

Yes i agree that this is not just something that artists experience. I applies to all us of who are inspired with a passion or a calling to improve ourselves and the world around us.

It could apply to many hobbies and occupations. Such as teaching, preaching, politics, environmental preservation, charity work and a large number of and in fact probably almost all the important work that is being done by our fellow human beings.

I focused on art and music because that is what I personally relate to the most and also it is Artists who most often try to convey these messages to as many people as they can.

Ah no I think I didn't make my position very clear. Sorry. When I said I know what you mean it wasn't because I am "creative" in any form myself. My calling was that to be an information collector and puzzler. Sounds boring but it is fun in a way. You may not be able to put in works how that inspiration works that results in a poem or song lyrics and I cannot explain how the right information comes to me and gets separated from the disinformation but it works and the puzzle comes together (ok that is not totally true ... I could try to explain how it works but nobody would believe it anyway because it is ... THAT kind of straight jacket crazy).

Is there a force that inspires you to produce art? Yes there is. It uses you as it's "tool".
Is the art you produce connected to your personal experiences/knowledge - yes but that's just a "trick" of that force for the real message that it wants to send out. It uses your story to tell it's story woven into it.

And here comes the big question I have for you: Are you aware of the message it wants to send out? Do you see that message in your art and in the art of others maybe?

It is the final piece in my music puzzle: Of how much is the artist himelf aware of the big picture?

It's not only music btw. It is in every novel, comic, movie ... everything is used by that force through it's creative "tools" to send out the same message over and over again in a million different variations. The question is only: Does the "tool" know?

Namaste,

Deckard666

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I can't speak for him, but I know precisely what message I am crafting when I write my stuff.

Awake is awake is awake, after all.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I know what you mean. You cannot force it. You WANT to be like others and you can learn the technique as long as you want but you will never be able to be creative. Hating that force for that will only throw you back even further. The lesson in that is finding what you're good in and going with that and not wasting your life with trying to be good in something that you can never accomplish. I cannot put 4 notes together that sound good even if my life would depend on it. You're not a bad person.

Namaste,

Deckard666

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The universe speaks to us in many ways

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hi OP nice post.

I think there are two forms of musicians those that the industry creates for marketing purposes and those who consider themselves artists.

For the latter your OP describes them well. If you look at the many messages in music that have shaped our current reality you can easily see the power of influence words and music, poerty and art have over us.

To say that these moments of creative energy filter down into us in my opinion is certainly true.

I went through a very spiritual transformation in 2009 and i had an intense realationship with higer energies.
I have had moment before and since 2009 where my music and lyrics came from sources outside of myself but 2009 for me creativly was a peek in itself.

I will post 3 of the songs i made from my album on 2009. I know they are unlikely to be eveyones cup of tea but hopefully they will give you some insight into how these higher energies come through us and manifest through our art.

Peace and blessings.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

they speak through Snoop Dog for sure

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalpr

they speak through Snoop Dog for sure

No laughing matter...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
God speaks through Björk.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
Hi I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I am a musician/poet/songwriter and I believe that much of my inspiration and expressions are coming to me and through me from a higher source other than just my own intellectual mind, my personal experiences and my personal opinions.

Merry Christmas!

Yes I think the same thing happens to me playing guitar sometimes or writing literature. Its a really good feeling.

"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best.."

- Frank Zappa

who deliver all their sublime messages without knowing in the least what they mean."
Socrates

Agreed.

-B.M

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
When you have a message, being creative isn't putting that message to a medium that you force it into. It is allowing that message to flow through every part of your being and become part of who you are. The rest just falls into place.

Some men and women wake up and have a vision of a future they feel must be made manifest. Do they all write poetry? Music? Do they all paint ornate canvas? Sculpt masterpieces?

My point is that you can learn music if you feel that it is the best medium, but the point isn't to learn music. The point is to spread your message, to plant your seeds. To bring forth enlightenment. To share yourself.

You can do that through your heart, your soul and your every day life. If your message is love, must you write a song about love? What if you are an excellent people person, why not volunteer? Because there is no fame?

If your message has stipulations, demands of success, it is not genuine. If it is not genuine, it is surely not divine. Not to say I believe that messages are divine, but that it would merely be a small indicator to you if you believe they are.
edit on 2010/12/24 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
i agree. checkout my band kid jerusalem and fight the power. www.myspace.com...

Reported the Post.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You don't give yourself enough credit where credit is due. You just have a very creative mind. As a musician I know exactly what your saying. Its like someone just turns on my creative switch and I just go to work. I attribute this to experience. As the years have gone by the more I have learned, not just about music, but about life in general. Sometimes, I'll be sitting around just daydreaming and I can find inspiration in everything around me, moods, sights, experiences. I call this playing from the heart. And when I get this inspiration the only thing to do is pick up a guitar and transfer my feelings and this creative energy onto the fretboard. I can hear it play out in my head before I write it or even before I play it. But again, this has to do with experience. The more scales i've learned and played my fingertips to the bone, the more chord progressions i've played, the more I know what sounds right, harmonically and emotionally. This is just me personally anyways.

Music is such an incredibly powerful thing. When you get on stage and you can create beautiful music for an entire audience to enjoy its a more powerful feeling than that of any drug can induce. It just becomes surreal. The overwhelming joy you get from an entire audience reading your heart through an amplifier and making a whole mass of people move around an enjoy each others company and life itself, and connect on an emotional level, its a feeling that is too great for words.

At any rate, stay creative. Share your music with the world, enlighten, and enjoy yourself doing it. Others will enjoy and appreciate you in the same respect.

Peace
edit on 24-12-2010 by DevilDog0311 because: Spelled a word incorrectly

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Hello, I will need some time to respond to some of the previous posts. I just got back home from having dinner with family and exchanging gifts. And I am pretty tired. Thank you for all the good feedback and I will try to respond to all who posted here.

I think to prevent some of the repeat ideas and advice, I need to be a bit more candid with my own situation and point of view. First off I must say that I posted this thread as a question. But it was really a statement.

Second I do give myself credit for listening to my heart, my own thoughts and my inner voice and also in creating my own art and music. And I do weave my own messages into my art and music.

I'm not saying that every song or work of art comes from a divine source other than the person creating it. Or even that every part of a particular piece of work has been entirely channeled from a divine source.

It's not something you can pin down, recreate at will, tap into or apply to any and all situations.
It is something that I am quite positive occurs.And can only be explained at least in my mind as a phenomenon.

It comes as from a feeling and develops into an idea or thought. It then takes shape and a physical form that is sculpted and molded by each individual artist to eventually become the finished works.

As it is happening the artist quite often isn't aware of what they are creating or the affect it's going to have.
For myself the moments of realization come much later when reflecting upon the many different meanings
and messages that can be found in that particular piece. Some of the best art is not clearly defined.
and it has many meanings to different people and also many meanings that one person can see.

It is more of a collaborative effort on all parts of the process. The artist and the viewer create a moment where every part of the puzzle comes together and clicks. And then thats when that work of art becomes divine for the viewer and sometimes the creator as well.

Sometimes a simple love song at the right moment fills the emptiness in a persons heart. Or an angry song allows a person to release their frustrations and feel better. Over the years you may like a song at one point in time and actually hate it during another. Maybe you hear a song the first time and don't like it. But later on at the right time you get something from and appreciate it more.

It's those prophetic moments when the Universe is in sync and sometimes just hit you out of the blue that makes everything finally come together and make sense. A song that could of been made 100 years ago that might of gone unnoticed until now might finally be serving it's divine purpose that the creator intended.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Thanks for sharing the songs and lyrics. I'm glad you are finding the secrets and messages intend to inspire you in your purpose and meaning of life from our creator

I enjoy all types of music from Classical symphonies to Heavy Metal and Rap. I am at a moment in my life where I find meaning and inspiration from the silliest to most profound, from the saddest to the most joyful, from the most loving to the angry sources,

I believe in the cycles of development and that all things shall pass and come full circle once again .
I find the messages of a call to arms and the rise and fall of power. To reflect ones inner battle and struggle with the Self and personal demons. As well as reflecting upon the sign of the times in world today.

I think it is important to look at both aspects of these messages because both sides are always at play here. And many people miss the opportunities presented by just focusing on one side or the other and never really hearing the broader duality that these messages are telling us. It never just applies to one or the other it always applies to both at the same time.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
agree 100% mate, been playing electric and acoustic guitar for about 9 years since i was 12 and I find that nowadays it come's to me in a moment of inspiration.

It seem's that if I try and deliberately write songs they come out a bit bland and it takes effort to make it good, but then one day I will just puck up my electric and make the most insane riff just improvising/not, because it feels different to improvising. I'd say its like improvising but you have this strange sensation that you know what you are doing even when you don't! very odd but being spiritually inclined I have always thought of some of my music coming from a different source , all of the work I am doing with my band Sixth Dimension (progressive metal) has all been wrote in these moments of greatness and tbh I have never made anything as catchy and amazing- it truly is a gift

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
If they are, they are pretty horny and violent spirits.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join