It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Pillars Of Light In Norway, As Predicted?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I like the pictures personally, never seen this before but in a couple of the pictures you can see the individual lights that the pillars are coming from.

Beautiful pictures however

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Maybe the proper explanation was giving but 10 post's into the topic and I stopped reading, it's just amazing at how many people will make things fit their want's and need's for something to be there that isn't.

Those are not "predictions coming true" unless the meteorologist predicted cold temperatures somewhere around the 20 to -20 degree's fahrenheit mark.

What is happening is this, In sub-arctic regions, when the temperature dip's below freezing what takes place is that the moisture in the environment end's up freezing, and due to it's weight the frozen moisture tends to linger in the air. once this happen's any light bright/powerful enough will have it's light "focused" by the frozen moisture and produce beams of light that are visible from far distances.

How do I know this? because I lived in a sub-arctic region for a couple years and witnessed this phenomena 1st hand in the winter
edit on 24-12-2010 by Ronin22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
wow norway seems to be getting all the interesting creepy #

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
reply to post by Gab1159

Um.....Blossom Goodchild is kinda not a good name to be throwing around in this place..

By the way, it's due to cold weather that lights seem to "beam" directly up...

Canada is pretty cold. Can you show us some pics of pillars of light from Canada? This must be occurring every year in Canada because it is always cold there.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Cool thread. I like how they are in different colors.
They're actually relaxing to look at.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I see this "phenomenon" at least three times a week now that it's winter.

There's nothing mysterious or prophetic about it, and the longer people drag it out, the crazier/dumber they make this website look...

Read this thread - Strange objects hanging in night sky over Iraq
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by alaskan
The same thing happens a lot up here in the mornings when it's cold and dark.
Streetlights, house lights, anything that's sort of bright really, will put a beam straight up like that.

I figure it's either carbon monoxide from vehicles running or water in the air.

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I was going to say: Im in Alaska and I see that ALL the time. Then I noticed that your screen name is "Alaskan".

So, I will confirm what you said.....is true!

And there should be a few links to the science behind it throughout that thread

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
We're making an assumption that these shafts of light are the same as what was revealed to the channeler. It would be good if the person that received the vision could verify if these are similar to what they saw....of course then we would be taking anothers word for it. Another thing that came to my mind as i read the responses on here...this phenomena (spelling??) must have been occuring for many yrs now and there must be some early examples? Lights in areas that experience the necessary weather have been around for decades.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's a light pillar, aka "False Aurora." www.atoptics.co.uk...

I see them all the time, as it gets very cold where i live. Nature is awesome!

Once again just another naturally occuring, awesome event of nature that is automatically blamed on some sort of gov't conspiracy.
edit on 25-12-2010 by kyle12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The images are called light pillars. They are not rare sightings. The reason for these is well known.

Light Pillars

I posted this after looking only at the first page. I see the person before me also knew about light pillars and referred all to a good resource on the issue. I apologize for making a repeat post.
edit on 2-1-2011 by stereologist because: Someone else beat me to the answer.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I have read the information from the given websites. I found the explanations incomplete and unsatisfactory. A few of the questions that came to my mind regarding their explanation is (1) Why are there relatively few pillars of light in relation to the number of lights in a given city?? (2) Why does the light reflected off of the ice crystals only appear as a column of light? I may be missing something obvious and if so please point it out. But it seems to me that if the ice crystals are distributed throughout the atmosphere evenly and the light is approaching from all angles it seems it would create a different effect. What would cause us to only see the light as a column? I could see it if the Ice crystals formed columns. Or if the particular light being reflected had a narrow vertical beam. Also as I mentioned earlier has anyone seen photographic examples of this phenomena from say the 60's or 70's? Certainly all of the ingredients for such a manifestation would have been in place at that time.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just seeing tears in the fabric of reality every morning?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I love the religion of science...cant wait to see the faces of the scholarly and their followers when they have run out of the flimsey measuring methods.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I did not bother to read this thread, i will just answer that any powerful light source on the earth can cast these kinds of pilars if the air has the correct ice crystal composition. I saw similar shafts when i was skiing, and the snow cannons filled the nearby area with fine ice crystals.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

First of all, nice post
Secondly, if you want it translated, download Google Chrome and when you go on to a web page in a different language, it gives you the option to translate to English.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarryJoy

(1) Why are there relatively few pillars of light in relation to the number of lights in a given city?? (2) Why does the light reflected off of the ice crystals only appear as a column of light? I may be missing something obvious and if so please point it out. But it seems to me that if the ice crystals are distributed throughout the atmosphere evenly and the light is approaching from all angles it seems it would create a different effect. What would cause us to only see the light as a column? I could see it if the Ice crystals formed columns. Or if the particular light being reflected had a narrow vertical beam. Also as I mentioned earlier has anyone seen photographic examples of this phenomena from say the 60's or 70's? Certainly all of the ingredients for such a manifestation would have been in place at that time.

(1) The reason for less pillars than the number of lights in the city is most likely because some lights are unshielded, so their light spreads up into the sky, versus only being directed down. This is the light that creates the pillars.

(2) I would assume that has to do with two things: (1) The light is being directed more up than out, and (2) the perspective at which you are viewing the light pillars in relation to you, the light, and the ice crystals.

Here is a quote from the website that I gave in my previous reply. It pretty much says what I am trying to say with perspective:

www.atoptics.co.uk...
The pillars are not physically over the lights or anywhere else in space for that matter ~ like all halos they are purely the collected light beams from all the millions of crystals which just happen to be reflecting light towards your eyes or camera.

Plate shaped ice crystals, normally only present in high clouds, float in the air close to the ground and their horizontal facets reflect light back downwards.

The crystals producing the pillars are roughly halfway between you and the lights.

When ice crystals float in the air around you, pillars (and other halos) can even be seen around streetlights a few metres away.

]Originally posted by HarryJoy
But it seems to me that if the ice crystals are distributed throughout the atmosphere evenly and the light is approaching from all angles it seems it would create a different effect.

The ice crystals are most likely never distrubted evenly. The atmosphere is pretty much never uniform like that, ever, at all. I do a lot of flying, as I am a private pilot - I wish the atmosphere could be that stable! Again, the crystals are not formed up in columns above the light - you are perceiving that due to the angle and perspective in which you are viewing all of the ice crystals in the sky at the moment Kind of like looking into a forest, and trees that are further away from you seem to be spaced closer together and more densley populated and that trees that are not in line with each other appear to be in line with each other.

edit on 2-1-2011 by kyle12345 because: fixed quotes

edit on 2-1-2011 by kyle12345 because: fixed quotes (again)

edit on 2-1-2011 by kyle12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle12345

Thanks for the reply, I did feel that the explanations were more than likely right. They just left some unanswered questions. I did notice that Alaskan posted a link to another pillar of light sighting that took place in Iraq. I went to the youtube link but the video had been removed. I did see a picture of it later and it looks quite similar to these but is apparently being caused by a different reason. In regards to the OP it would only be natural for him to think these known sightings could be a fulfilment of the message from the channeler. But in actuality we don't know what the channeler saw in the supposed vision. I'm sure if and when the real deal starts happening we will know it. Of course at that time I will expect the entity to give a full and complete explanation of how this is happening at which time it will pull out a fully charged laser gun and say "here...let me show you".

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryJoy

You've asked a lot of good questions. It is always important to ask questions when the material appears incomplete.

(1) The pillars only appear where the light sources and the ice crystals are properly aligned. Also, the light source has to be bright enough.
(2) If you have ever looked over water you'll see that reflected lights can appear as lines on the water. This is similar to the lines seen in the sky. If you walk along you'll see that the line sin the water appear to 'follow you.' They aren't, it just that you only see a portion of the reflected light from any vantage point.

In regards to other such events in earlier times, another form of the light pillar is the solar pillar. That phenomenon is well known and described centuries ago. Atmospheric phenomena are less well recognized by modern people because they spend more time indoors. A sun dog appears on average 3 to 4 times a week. It is astonishing to me how many people are amazed to be shown one. They often ask me if this is a rare event. They tell me they have never seen this before.

Thanks kyle12345 for a nice explanation.
edit on 3-1-2011 by stereologist because: Did not see the other post before I posted.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Interesting could it be that the rapture is happening in a way. That these are teleportation beams calling out to the chosen ones in Norway?

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Why would you suppose that a normal event requires a weird explanation?

Why would a teleportation beam be visible?
Why would teleportation happen without any reported missing people?
Why would the all of the teleportation appear to be straight up? Why not at an angle?

The simpler explanation is that this is a well known and not rare optical effect.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Thank you Stereologist, Your example of the light reflecting off of the water helped greatly to explain the column effect of the light pillars. I appreciate the manner in which you responded to my queries. As you said it is important to seek further if we are not satisfied with what we are told...even if such information comes from reputed reliable sources. No source should be beyond question.
edit on 3-1-2011 by HarryJoy because: more appropriate wording

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join