It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Pillars Of Light In Norway, As Predicted?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
First of all: this could possibly be huge.

Secondly, hi everybody! Something odd happened today/yesterday, as what I would define as strings of light appeared over a city in Norway. The authority automatically dismissed any abnormal causes, saying it's a weather phenomenon. So here's the link to an article talking about this: Lights Over Norway (if someone can translate this that'd be appreciated)

Here are the pictures:

Ok, so here's the interesting part! As odd as they look like, they were actually predicted! I know most of you aren't big fans of channeled material, but hey!

So read this channeling with the Blossom Goodchild (whoever it may be, hoax or not, he talked about this 3 days ago): Blossom Goodchild

FoL:You shall ... and they shall be unable to be called anything other than what they are. Their obvious brilliance shall not go undetected. When they present themselves in this way, do not be deterred by stories of what they may or may not be. KNOW they are from us.

Blossom: What exactly is their purpose?

FoL: Many fold. They are from us to you to 'get the party started' shall we say. They will be seen in various landmarks across your planet Earth and they shall be of such magnitude that they cannot be brushed aside or ignored by your media. They shall be given many names. Souls shall make reference to biblical scenarios for they will know of no other way to relate.

Blossom: So these shafts of Light, will they come and go? How shall they appear and for how long at any given time?

FoL: They will not be flashes of Light that one could mistake for an electrical storm. As you saw in the vision we presented you, these are shafts that contain Light. They shall stream down to your planet creating a display and no sooner has the excitement of one particular sighting settled down ... another one shall take over on another part of your world. They will not be able to be tampered with. We have protective screens that will repel any matter that may try to do so.

So what are these lights? They're actually streaming down the sky, and unmistakable with an electric storm. Is it what Blossom was talking about???

So now, let's see it on an other perspective. 2, actually. They could be a weather phenomenon. They could a HAARP experiment (remember the Norway Spiral, probably produced by HAARP?).

So, here are the choices:
A) Pillars of light predicted by Blossom Goodchild
B) Weather phenomenon
C) HAARP experiment
D) _______________ (your interpretation)

For those who think this is a weather phenomenon, what is it? I've never seen this. I'm 19, young, and ignorant, so it may not be as unique as I think.

Now, if it's unexplainable, I'll keep looking for these, as they're predicted to appear over several cities across the world, I hope we're up to something here.

Oh, by the way, the reason I put it here is that it's heavily related to the 2012 ascension theory.

EDIT: Someone mentioned it could be due to the cold. Here is the weather:
Today Min: -19 C Max -17C
Tomorrow Min -19C Max -17C
Sunday Min -18C Max -10C

EDIT2: Here's the translation, thanks to SkurkNilsen

Very early Wednesday morning some colorful light pillars could be seen in the sky over downtown Oslo. Per Christian Thoresen discovered them and took pictures out the window from his apartment in Arup Gate. - It looks like northern lights. It only lasted for ten minutes so the pillars were gone. They stood quite still, he says to NRK. This is an optical phenomenon that occurs under certain weather conditions, "he explains. It must be cold and slightly damp in the air: * When the air is cold enough (around 15 degrees below Zero C) and does not contain the mist of water droplets, but the ice crystals. Pillars are visible when light is broken into ice crystals. * An ice crystal is always hexagonal. To form the pillars of the majority of the crystals in addition to elongated and often lie horizontally in the air. * If the crystals have a different form occurs other optical phenomenon. The most common are ring around the sun. - The light is lost in the rain drops as well. But they are round and provide another form of refraction and reflection, place to Smits. Mainly there are obvious reasons why the ice crystals flying around in the air and makes Ice fog. But the crystals that are currently floating around in the streets of Oslo is most likely a different origin. - I think it has snow cannons up in Grefsenkollen ski center to do. It's a cloud of ice particles out of them. It has a bit of the blame today, "said Smits. Peer Bakke, production manager at the Oslo Ski Center, confirmed that snow cannons have been left on all night. He has previously noticed the pillar of light. - They stand straight up and down. It is similar to those lights they had in Hollywood in the 50s.

Somehow I can't get the temperature for yesterday, when it happened. Where could I find such data?

edit on 23-12-2010 by Gab1159 because: Couldn't fix the IMG tag

edit on 23-12-2010 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Give me a couple of minutes and I'll have a translation for you.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Um.....Blossom Goodchild is kinda not a good name to be throwing around in this place..

By the way, it's due to cold weather that lights seem to "beam" directly up...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
reply to post by Gab1159

By the way, it's due to cold weather that lights seem to "beam" directly up...

I've never seen or heard of this phenomenon before.

If it's due to cold weather as you state, could you please supply any physics to back that up with ?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Yeah I know it has deceived lots of people with non-events. I found it off, however, that these strings of light appeared 3 days after he said "shafts/pillars" of light would happen.

@SkurkNilsen

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Very early Wednesday morning some colorful light pillars could be seen in the sky over downtown Oslo.

Per Christian Thoresen discovered them and took pictures out the window from his apartment in Arup Gate.

- It looks like northern lights. It only lasted for ten minutes so the pillars were gone. They stood quite still, he says to NRK.

This is an optical phenomenon that occurs under certain weather conditions, "he explains. It must be cold and slightly damp in the air:

* When the air is cold enough (around 15 degrees below Zero C) and does not contain the mist of water droplets, but the ice crystals. Pillars are visible when light is broken into ice crystals.
* An ice crystal is always hexagonal. To form the pillars of the majority of the crystals in addition to elongated and often lie horizontally in the air.
* If the crystals have a different form occurs other optical phenomenon. The most common are ring around the sun.

- The light is lost in the rain drops as well. But they are round and provide another form of refraction and reflection, place to Smits.

Mainly there are obvious reasons why the ice crystals flying around in the air and makes Ice fog. But the crystals that are currently floating around in the streets of Oslo is most likely a different origin.

- I think it has snow cannons up in Grefsenkollen ski center to do. It's a cloud of ice particles out of them. It has a bit of the blame today, "said Smits.

Peer Bakke, production manager at the Oslo Ski Center, confirmed that snow cannons have been left on all night. He has previously noticed the pillar of light.

- They stand straight up and down. It is similar to those lights they had in Hollywood in the 50s.

(Google translate, a bit broken englisk, but you should get the point)

No worries btw, happy to be of assistance

edit on 23-12-2010 by SkurkNilsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

It's merely light, in this case, lights on the ground bouncing off ice crystals.

Here's a story from 2009 about it:

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I know Hellmutt posted some pics from Denmark last winter of this.. I'll see if I can find the thread..
edit on 12/23/2010 by tribewilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Well I have no clue, but that is not why I am responding. In my 54 years, I can never recall a 19 year old saying that he is young and ignorant. My compliments to you young sir. You have surpassed your peers by leaps and bounds and with that attitude you will certainly continue to grow quickly in wisdom.
Good luck on your quest to discover what these lights are.
I know that one of the prophecies contained in Matthew chapter 24 concerning the end of the age is "signs and wonders in the heavens". We have certainly had no shortage in that area of late.
Again sir, "a tip of the hat" on your maturity.
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

It's merely light, in this case, lights on the ground bouncing off ice crystals.

Thanks Chadwickus.
Excellent link and explanation ... I'm now satisfied

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Wow, what's the light source that makes them all go straight up like lasers?
Surely the moon doesn't give off enough light to do that..

What a light show though..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
for me it looks like the weird "cellphone cam" phenomena...

smelly cams at night
...nothing more

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well, IF that takes care of the pillars, I wonder why someone hasn't (at least to my knowledge), explained away the spirals?
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
They remind me of those video's from Iraq, filmed by soldiers through nightvision, when they show a heap of similar pillars, or beams of light, seemingly dissapearing into the clouds, and not reaching the ground.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

That should do the trick for now. IF it is the right explanation, I find the coincidence awesome! I understand it is quite unusual from the way your article has been written, so yeah, quite an odd situation. I'll still keep an eye open if it happens somewhere else, especially in a warm location. If eventually it starts to happen like...weekly, then I think it will be legitimate to look further for an answer.

Thanks for the article.
S

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's easy to see these are products of the environment, the shades are very congruent with other colors in the pictures. Although there is a solid scientific explanation for this, I wouldn't discard the prediction.

These channelings and related mind games will only increase in popularity. Albeit, I've seen many 'displays' myself that go without scientific explanation. Just keep in mind OP, that the public is in the process of being desensitized to ET presence. I mean, here we are talking about it... right?

Now, the intentions of ET disclosure, who they are, 2012, it's purpose, and the many fake versions of ascension are another topic altogether.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

I've read several channeled material, and there are some problems with them:

-No way to know if it's a hoax/mind game/deception until the outcome of a prediction is known
-If they are real channeling entities: how can we know they're not deceiving us?

And a minor one, their way of talking. Sometimes you just don't know if it's meant to be a metaphor or something real.

There are some channels I believe, like Ra. He told us many things about physics that are being proven today by modern science. So sometimes I ask myself, if it's a hoax, the guy who created it has to be a frickin' genius! Why did he choose to hide himself in perfect anonymousness instead of working in universities and make the world progress??

I always take channeled materials with a grain of salt, but never entirely dismiss it.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have personally seen the phenom in WY in the dead of winter (drilling rigs in the desert), always with some level of frozen fog in the atmosphere. I would imagine the show would be much cooler over a city, with all the various colors and intensities of light.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Skydivers.

...with flares.

Where's your Xenu, now!?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Yeah, some channelings are more true than others. The Ra material is pretty legit. Others are incredibly accurate with a slight twist.

The intellect only takes you so far, learning to discern from your 'heart' or higher self is rather reliable. I'm starting to be able to sense things energetically now, but that's meditation related.

Check out George Kavasilass and what he has to say about the new age movement, I just got through a couple 'ascension' programs, only to realize it is much simpler. George is a sword a truth I'd say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join