It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange objects hanging in night sky over Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I just found this interesting clip filmed by U.S soilders on patrol in Iraq, it shows a number of bright stationary objects just hanging in the night sky, the soilders have'nt got a clue as to what they are, so it's obviously not the usual sight seen when patrolling at night, could it be natural phenomenon, it's interesting because you can clearly see a planet, moon, or star visible just above the objects, but these look nothing like the objects in question, any thoughts on what these streaks of light could be.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It will start with people reporting strange lights / colours / sounds from the sky. This will get more and more frequent over the years, and more and more people will panic. The people will see pictures /events in the sky. then they will see craft and the like in the skies, culminating with a night, where people will see, in the night sky, the stars of the plough dance and shift. they will dance and shift about, and then be seen to swoop down over the heads of people in the sky forming shapes and sounds...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above quote comes from one of D4rk Kn1ght's posts in the linked thread. This issue has been fairly worked over here at ATS, but it seems that your video may be 'evidence' that may support D4rk Kn1ght.

Interesting find.
DocMoreau

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here's a closeup of one of the objects:

You can't see it here, but in the vid there's a star a bit up and to the left of this object, so it's not a blurred out star we're seeing here. I'm interested if this was only visible in the infrared spectrum, since it was clearly recorded with a nightvision cam.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nice find, Alanjw72.

Strange objects! (Let's hope they're not CGI).

I'm assuming the guy doing the filming, beig a soldier, has experience of the night sky over Iraq, so his reaction is quite telling, in that he and his troop are seeing something unusual.

If they're a meteorological phenomena, they're pretty.

If they're black ops, they're HUGE.

If they're alien, they dont care we are looking at them.

Perhaps we should approach this FordGuyInNY and invite him to elaborate on his video?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
from the conversation it sounds like it was visible even w/o night vision. One of the soldiers comments on a red haze around one of them (if I heard correctly), and trying to say it was Mars. Obviously though, Mars doesn't streak like that. Weird stuff indeed. The guy who posted the video thinks its natural phenomena, but what would make it look like that?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ah, maybe I should have turned the sound on. Would be nice to get a non-infrared view of these though.

link   
reply to post by Kruel

I agree, the characters in the audio track seem like they don't want to be seeing what they are seeing. They also make a guess at almost everything it could be, except they stop themselves short from saying anything like "UFO".

I do wonder how these images are being captured. There is a part where the night vision iris seems to close but the audio continues. So are these night vision video cams, or some other video camera held up to a night vision lens?

Did these guys only see this through night vision, or only through night vision and a video cam? That is a lot of reflective lenses...
DocMoreau

link   
Double Trouble. Sorry...
[double post]

[edit on 3/1/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau

It will start with people reporting strange lights / colours / sounds from the sky...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above quote comes from one of D4rk Kn1ght's posts in the linked thread. This issue has been fairly worked over here at ATS, but it seems that your video may be 'evidence' that may support D4rk Kn1ght.

Interesting find.
DocMoreau

Haven't strange coloured lights and sounds been seen and heard in the night sky for an awfully long time?

I am not convinced of DK's stories. They seem to demand more gravitas than they actually inspire. There are too many doomsayers on ATS, and it seems that none of them have any serious evidence other than second-hand stories and circumstantial evidence.

These lights in the Iraqi sky are (hopefully) a real phenomena and, IMO, seem to be standing like sentinels over a beleagured country. That's just a gut feeling, with nothing to back it up, and I'm not promoting it as fact.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Maybe they are spotlights....and some of the light is getting caught up in the clouds ?

Like here: SPOTLIGHTS

However, im not sure why there would be spotlights in Iraq. Usually they are used for the opening of something....or a big attraction.

If they arent spotlights, then who knows. I cant imagine this footage is edited/faked.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Spotlights or missile trails would have been my guess as well. Since the guys are using night vision you have to assume that the trails are probably a lot darker in the sky....somewhat like a chem trail or smoke trail and the night vision lens is collecting a lot more reflection of light on the trails.

-B

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Me either. But seeing that video, the first thing that popped into my head was DK's prophecy. Who knows if it is correct, a hoax, or anything. Time will tell.

DocMoreau

edit to add:
I don't think that they were missle trails, but spotlights are a possibility, but I think only the Americans would have spotlights in Iraq. And I don't think the insurgents have them... hmmm who is spotlighting, and what?

[edit on 3/1/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
this is a good find...

i doubt thos stars if thay are would be visibly though that cloud cover if thay was infact stars, plus i just notist 1.00-1:15 theres a star sitting next to the realy bright one wot ever it is and if thay was both stars or both ufos thay surely would be glowing in the same pattern/light form, so witch is witch? because there near enuff next to each other and if there was any strange atmospheric conditions there clearly not the same and not being effected in the same way as the others?

hmm

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
reply to post by Kruel

I agree, the characters in the audio track seem like they don't want to be seeing what they are seeing.

Im sure they want to keep an eye out for the enemy one guy sounds real reluctant to look maybe beause he was more afraid of what is lurking on the ground?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It looks like the ground below these bright spots is lit up too. My vote is for searchlights/ spotlights. Probably coming from the ground and reflected off a cloud. I see the Luxor hotel in vegas doing that all the time, looks cool though.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Interesting thread but one thing sticks out in my mind. (correct me if i'm wrong). These soldiers are on patrol in a live combat situation, why aren't they responding to those as possible threats? Shouldn't one of them have radio it in instead of guessing? With all that guessing there doing, they are either poorly trained soldiers which i doubt, or it is a hoax!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

Hello Chiiru, i live in central london England, & it's hard to see stars some nights with all the lighting, & i've never witnessed natrual phenomena in the night sky that's why i asked, could it be?, thery're very strange because you can clearly see a star or planet in the clip, also one of the soldiers mentions that they're all over the place, if you listen to the soldiers voices they are concerned, it's clear that they are seeing something very strange, & are trying their hardest to understand what they're seeing, one is trying convince eveyone it's mars maybe he feel a lot safer thinking it's mars lol, what do i think they are, i havent got a clue but it's obvious to me that there are mutiple objects just hanging in the night sky emitting bright light & they dont seem to me to be that far either.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Great Find !

I posted a comment on youtube with a link to here, hopefully it will work.

I am used to work with Flir infra red cams but never tried night vision, nor film in the sky so your guess is as good as mine.

Spotlights , well I doubt it.

I thought they could be "Sprites" new to science, witch are accompanied with thunderstorms, but they dissapear.

This look like stand still glowing obelisks. I do also agree it may be part of DrkNight`s prophecies.

Anyways, further investigation is surely required.

Thanks for posting !

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Grinder]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Great video!

I seem to recall not too long ago another video that was similar to this, but I can't seem to find it. Would be great to hear from the source a little more about this.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Its just balloons from a nearby wedding, illuimated by battle flares coming off nearby A10 formations. Nothing to see here move along

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join