It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun wheels, fire chariots and winged discs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This dude's research into the function of the "working" celtic cross will probably be of interest to ya: www.viewzone.com...

He claims the cross/sun disc was used as a navigational and architectural device, to map out the world in 3D (the device does not function for a flat, 2D planet, and thus implies the ancients knew the world was spherical long ago) as well as make incredibly precise alignments for their buildings and structures. Really cool writeup the guy has made.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Regarding the circle cross, it is probably an actual instrument not just a symbol.

Here is the a 'Celtic' circle cross.

Now compare it to this.

The instrument has been patented by Crichton E. Miller who has written a book on it. The instrument can be used to measure declination among other things and is therefore useful for construction, surveying and alongside star charts allows you to calculate longitude without a clock allowing accurate map making, navigation etc.

The author Crichton E M Miller traces the wheel cross existence from Palaeolithic and Neolithic hunter gatherers to stone age seafarers and megalith builders who used this instrument in combination with zodiacs, henge's, pyramids and water clocks. Drawing on scientific, historical and archaeological information with appendices from leading scientists and researchers, the book traces the tragic occult history of the real cross from the burning of Alexandria through to its rediscovery 500 years later by the Knights Templars , resulting in excommunication from the Roman Catholic Church and eventual torture and destruction of the leaders The work goes on to reveal the meaning of the heretical carvings used by the Freemasons who constructed the Mediaeval Cathedrals and churches such as Roslyn Chapel under the noses of the Inquisition. This work reveals the remarkable qualities and capabilities of the wheel cross and Egyptian Cross which is still in the Great Pyramid of Khufu as well as its use to find longitude without a watch long before Harrison's Chronometer. The work is illustrated, referenced and includes all patent drawings to allow the reader to experiment and research with one of the most secret and forbidden historical and spiritual artefacts to be discovered in modern times.

From Crichton's website

The book is called The Golden Thread of Time.

I just thought I'd share that with you. This information could explain the well known anomalies like the Piri Reis maps, strangely accurate ancient building and surveying in ancient times and the fact that there may have been trade and cultural links across the Atlantic (evidenced by coc aine in Egypt among many other things).

I know that was brief for so much controversial material (and maybe warrants a new thread), but I have to go do some Christmas shopping. Any questions and I'll consider a new thread on my return.

NOTE: I would have provided the actual pictures so it was easier to compare them but have not been able to log in to the media section of the site. If you can help me then please post any ideas here.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Pimander because: To add note about media problem.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

Wow! That was spooky. You posted that while I was editing mine... Weird!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The Anatolian sun cross reminded me of sacred geometry.
edit on 093131p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Those Mayan wheels, especially the 8-pointed sun, correspond perfectly to the ones shown in the OP. That might indicate some pattern or overall plan. Maybe the Sun-Gods are returning. Thanks for the Addition.

edit on 22-12-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
I'm curious, do we know if any of these "sun wheels" preceed the invention of the wheel (4500-3500 BC)?

There are stone-age "sun-wheels" carved into rock. I will look for some and post them later.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Very welcome my friend and mabey. I guess if any strang activity begins to happen near center of Milky Way resembling a rope or snake then we have early detection of what the Mayan speak of... Just thought of the 50 light year bubbles in the middle of galaxy?!?!?!?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Btw: What is that wheel all the way at the bottom of your first post?
edit on 22-12-2010 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Hiya Sky. No doubt the thread will generate scores of flags and an overwhelming level of agreement with the notion that all these symbols were flying devices and space craft.
I guess the 'abridged version' of my argument is this; either we were flying around in stuff for thousands of years or these symbols are representations of the Sun.

I can understand your point of view and from a certain approach it makes perfect sense. I disagree with it, though.

There is nothing to suggest that the flying machines that are being depicted are indeed human craft or that they were made, maintained, or fueled from Terra.

Any civilization, sufficiently advanced, will vanish from the pages of history unless maintained. We are already near there, given the evidence of the "World Without People" television shows. Within 10K years, we vanish with little or no evidence we ever existed.

The ubiquitousness of the symbols across multiple civilizations and in the same form (roughly) implies, to me, that they are depictions of something that was visible, although the description may have been passed down through oral tradition.

In any case, it is interesting brain fodder. I think it is indeed important to keep various points of view in mind when considering artifacts like these.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Its another Mayan wheel from same site as one direct above it. Showing the 2 centerpoints crossing for entrance.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
As mentioned previously, celtic-crosses and sun-wheels go back to the pre-wheel stone ages:

Stone Age Celtic Cross

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuo
This dude's research into the function of the "working" celtic cross will probably be of interest to ya: www.viewzone.com...

He claims the cross/sun disc was used as a navigational and architectural device, to map out the world in 3D (the device does not function for a flat, 2D planet, and thus implies the ancients knew the world was spherical long ago) as well as make incredibly precise alignments for their buildings and structures. Really cool writeup the guy has made.

If its a spacecraft and a globe-navigator that would really be awesome. Thanks for the fascinating article.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Discovered in 2001, the Jinsha relics were the most significant archaeological discovery in the 21st century in China. Jinsha Culture 1200 BC
Gold Solar disk and a mask of its culture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/103f49af21f4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d54f4a0f8da.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 22-12-2010 by angelonholiday because: typo

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Interesting that you posted this around the same time the previous poster did. Its the first time I ever heard of it.

Re: Mediecenter: You have to log-in there with your same name and pw as on ATS.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelonholiday
Discovered in 2001, the Jinsha relics were the most significant archaeological discovery in the 21st century in China. Jinsha Culture 1200 BC
Gold Solar disk and a mask of its culture.

Check this out

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thanks for the reasonable response...the subject can create thread mayhem and hostile posts.

Whilst there's nothing to suggest that 'flying machines' were 'made, maintained or fuelled' from here, there's also no evidence that there were flying machines at all.

It's a fair point that within 10k years of our end, there'd be little or nothing left. It isn't an accurate point, but it's fair given the claims of the TV show and book in question. Nevertheless, in the OP these symbols are from civilisations dating back to ~3000BC and we're still here. Likewise, other symbols being posted are only hundreds of years old.

The symbol is ubiquitous as you point out. Then again, why wouldn't it be if it is indeed the Sun? Not only have various civilisations and cultures paid particular attention to the Sun (we have the SOHO Observatory orbiting the Sun), they've constructed monuments, passage graves and Medicine Wheels pointing to the Sun's solstice. The histories and myths speak to us of the importance of the Sun also.

There's no doubt in my mind that UFO sightings occurred in our past and it's possible that some passed into myth. Certainly, there are records of incidents that sound very much like UFO reports. The OP isn't allowing for this and isn't allowing for the facts that these symbols represent the Sun and deities associated in mythology with the Sun (Ra, Shamash, Apollo etc). The OP is making the claim that 'sun wheels' are the depiction of flying machines from parts unknown.

For this to be somewhere close to possible, we'd need to ignore the human fascination and dependence on the Sun as an intrinsic part of the fabric of our whole existence. We'd need to explain why these 'flying machines' haven't been a predominant feature of ancient and not so ancient texts and art. We'd need to recognise that they haven't been part of oral traditions either.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why depict the sun with spokes in it? Why not a solid circle, or just a circle without a center? It's the spokes that literally make these ancient items a wheel, and a wheel moves, so my thinking is these things in the sky moved.

Lazily doing a Google Image search of "representation of sun" brings depictions from modern man that have the rays coming outwards and there are no spokes.

Link to Google Image search: ow.ly...

Note in that search you'll see these ancient relics, but look for the modern representations... it's not like the ancients didn't have paint and tools, so why after many millenium has man's representation of the sun changed?

edit on 22-12-2010 by Jason88 because: cleaned up messy URL, added more thought

edit on 22-12-2010 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Excellent job sky!!...You never cease to amaze me with your collaboration of information. I can honestly say you are THE best poster her on ATS. Thank you so much for all the research and time you put in on this website.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sky,

For the past few years I was getting a symbol in my lucid dreams, upon waking I would try to draw the circular symbol but would fall short due to my artistic abilities.

I searched the net on my spare time trying to come up with the exact circular symbol, but mandalas were as close as I could come. Nothing seemed to fit.

The reason for my search is this particular circular symbol upon gazing on it, revealed more information, knowledge and emotions then I could actually handle, bringing me to tears in my dreams. And upon waking the information was not able to be transposed into words, which furthered my frustrations.

One day I was searching for something unrelated to the object of my dreams, and there it was.

It's called the flower of life.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3bd8e00608d4.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join