It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Ok not saying that what someone earlier was suggesting wasnt suggesting what someone thought they were suggesting but by suggesting it they were suggesting... well never mind

Anyway, not to suggest to hit a panic mode or predict anything "worse" is going to happen, I just wanted to throw a little something out there, for nothing more, a "just in case" scenario. Looking into March of this year prior to the 9.0.

March

1)Easter Island region was struck by a magnitude 6.0 earthquake that occurred on March 1.[32]

2) Tarapacá region was struck by a magnitude 6.2 earthquake that occurred on March 6.[33]

3) South Sandwich Islands region was struck by a magnitude 6.5 earthquake that occurred on March 6.[34]

4)Solomon Islands was struck by a magnitude 6.6 earthquake that occurred on March 7.[35]

5) A magnitude 7.3 earthquake struck near the East Coast of Honshu on March 9.[36]

6)Papua New Guinea was struck by a magnitude 6.5 earthquake that occurred on March 9.[37]

7) Myanmar-China border region was struck by a magnitude 5.4 earthquake that occurred on March 10.[38]

8) Bali Sea was struck by a magnitude 6.5 earthquake that occurred on March 10.[39]

Honshu was struck by a magnitude 9.0 earthquake on March 11, triggering a deadly tsunami and causing widespread destruction and fatalities.[40]

Link

Now I numbered 1-8 for a reason. Then I went to the USGS current list of quakes:

1) Couldnt find one unless you wanted to count Mexico, Columbia, and Argentina all had one recently. (All on 7/9)
2) Same as number 1
3) The general area of the Ascension Island Region? (7/9)
4) Kermadec Island area? (7/6)
5) Honshu Japan (7/10)
6) Papua, Indonesia (7/10)
7) Myanmar (7/10)
8) Java and Kepulauan Barat Daya, Indonesia, Banda Sea (7/9)

Not predicting anything or saying anyone was suggesting something or having a bad feeling is wrong but comparing March first 10 days to July first 10 days. Well, they do seem similar..

edit on 10-7-2011 by sdebunker because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2011 by sdebunker because: Its late

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sdebunker

nice find.... perhaps you can also figure out were the moon stands on that table....his position is significant on the events....

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Full moon, July 15th
Apogee was July 07th
Perigee is July 21st
edit on 10-7-2011 by sdebunker because: Add content

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

if it wasn't for the Russians I think this one was likely for a downgrade below 7.0

I am with ye on that one. I got too tired to finish all the 'package' details last night, and half expected to see it downgraded this morning.

Anyway here it is for those of you who are interested:

PDF Package for Mag 6.x in xxxx now available. (2.0 Mb download)

Japan Honshu 2011-07-10 usc0004sg6.zip

Web site images only (7zipped) 0.7 Mb
Japan Honshu 2011-07-10 usc0004sg6_Images.7z

View web version of page here

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

LOL .. your post man . I just LOL'd coz i understand it

good post I dont know if it was directed towards me, I am a moon nut.

I am glad someone else is noticing a pattern. I dont know if you have seen my moon thread but i updated it a few days ago. these last volcano eruptions happened on this years greatest apogee and the sun was a tits apogee to earth for this year aswell so there was less gravitational impact from both sun and moon when these thought to be extinct or dormant volcanoes went hot. then we had the larger quake in NZ almost right before perigee a day or 2 if i remember right...

I love this forum keeps me grounded in my wild theories with all the experienced watchers here I think we need a quake/ volcano forum to keep the madness organized...

stay safe and prepared.
edit on 7/10/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

LOL .. your post man . I just LOL'd coz i understand it

good post I dont know if it was directed towards me, I am a moon nut.

I am glad someone else is noticing a pattern. I dont know if you have seen my moon thread but i updated it a few days ago. these last volcano eruptions happened on this years greatest apogee and the sun was a tits apogee to earth for this year aswell so there was less gravitational impact from both sun and moon when these thought to be extinct or dormant volcanoes went hot. then we had the larger quake in NZ almost right before perigee a day or 2 if i remember right...

I love this forum keeps me grounded in my wild theories with all the experienced watchers here I think we need a quake/ volcano forum to keep the madness organized...

stay safe and prepared.
edit on 7/10/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

Is a tit's apogee one that has little bump atteched to it?!?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie

?Por que?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Anyway, not to suggest to hit a panic mode or predict anything "worse" is going to happen, I just wanted to throw a little something out there, for nothing more, a "just in case" scenario. Looking into March of this year prior to the 9.0.

From your Wikipedia list as referenced:

March

1)Easter Island magnitude 6.0 March 1.

2) Tarapacá magnitude 6.2 March 6.

3) South Sandwich Islands magnitude 6.5 March 6.

4)Solomon Islands 6.6 March 7.

5) magnitude 7.3 East Coast of Honshu March 9.

6)Papua New Guinea magnitude 6.5 March 9.

7) Myanmar-China magnitude 5.4 March 10.

8) Bali Sea 6.5 March 10.

Honshu magnitude 9.0 earthquake on March 11

I am having a little difficulty understanding what you are describing here.

1) Couldnt find one unless you wanted to count Mexico, Columbia, and Argentina all had one recently. (All on 7/9)

Columbia 4.3, Argentina 4.7, Mexico 4.9

I can't quite equate these to Easter Island, neither are any of them on the 1st, or of a similar magnitude?

2) Same as number 1

Are you saying Tarapaca Mag 6.2 in March equates to ?? at Easter Island on 1st July? I can't find one there on that date, nor on the 6th July BUT there was a 7.6 the other side - Kermedecs and several more in that area.

3) The general area of the Ascension Island Region? (7/9)

2 x mag 4.7 about 3,500 miles away?

4) Kermadec Island area? (7/6)

OK, a day out but yes.

5) Honshu Japan (7/10)

OK, a day out but yes.

6) Papua, Indonesia (7/10)

A 4.7 a day different?

7) Myanmar (7/10)

A 4.9 ~ 5.4, yes close enough.

8) Java and Kepulauan Barat Daya, Indonesia, Banda Sea (7/9)

Date/Time UTC,Latitude,Longitude,Magnitude,Depth(Km),Location
2011-07-10 00:38:12, -2.879, 136.736, 4.7, 47.4, Nr. N. Coast Of Papua. Ind.
2011-07-09 19:02:55, -7.428, 128.607, 5.0, 150.8, Kepulauan Barat Daya. Ind.
2011-07-09 13:57:22, -7.374, 128.814, 4.9, 146.5, Kepulauan Barat Daya. Ind.
2011-07-09 13:26:59, -8.974, 108.428, 4.8, 36.8, Java. Ind.
2011-07-09 05:51:38, -4.111, 129.435, 5.5, 19.6, Banda Sea
2011-07-09 01:36:33, 3.911, 126.704, 4.6, 83.8, Kepulauan Talaud. Ind.

The largest at 5.5 is getting closer to the 6.5 cited, but the rest? Just too small I think.

Charting JUST the Mag 6+ so that the comparison is as the March list I get this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49e589b35160.png[/atsimg]

I have to say that personally I can't see a similarity any more than you would get from any time comparison with these areas considering they are all active, but maybe I just don't get the bigger picture.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

What other difference?

Well you actually found the difference. The web address is not quite the same. It is not just the bits tagged on the end.

Re LISS, yes I would love to know how they are producing those. It should be possible to do if you have the SEED or SAC file, but surely isn't the LISS SNZO doing what you are looking for anyway or am I not understanding what you are suggesting?

ETA:

Just reading what you said again are you saying one trace for each earthquake in a separate graph - a bit like the overall drums page?

Just for a moment assuming that this is what you are saying, you would have to:
  • identify the earthquake from the list
  • get the SAC file portion for a defined time span around the quake
  • Hi pass/Lo pass filter the file for 1 to 6 Hz say (preferably on a 1 Hz sample rate)
  • Create a seismo plot from that
  • Stitch them all together into a larger image
  • Relax and have a cuppa

Quite a lot of work without it being done in a program! I will think about it!
edit on 10/7/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Forgive me if I have reposted this one, I did have a scoot over the last few pages and didn't see it.

Earthquake Details
This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude

Date-Time
Sunday, July 10, 2011 at 05:34:33 UTC
Saturday, July 09, 2011 at 08:34:33 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Depth
10.2 km (6.3 miles)

Region
OFF THE COAST OF OREGON

Distances
360 km (223 miles) WNW of Coos Bay, Oregon
364 km (226 miles) W of Newport, Oregon
417 km (259 miles) NW of Brookings, Oregon
450 km (279 miles) W of SALEM, Oregon

Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 19.9 km (12.4 miles); depth +/- 3.5 km (2.2 miles)

Parameters
NST= 57, Nph= 57, Dmin=438.6 km, Rmss=1.01 sec, Gp=194°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=5

Source
USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID
usc0004siu

USGS Link

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hi Folks, hopefully this can be somewhere I can learn a few things. I have been taking an increasing interest in earthquake watch over the past month. I watch the Global Incident Map and check on threads when I get a chance.

I never actually realised how active the earth was, be it only small 1.2's and things, but still I did not realise.
Although I knew California was a hot spot and around the "ring of fire", but watching the incident map update as it does, the amount of murmours California area has is mad, well not mad, but for me who has no real idea, it's mad.

Anyway, I'm sure it's all normal but thought I would put down my pipe for a wee type.

Peace and all that

SIB

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilSIB

Welcome to Quake Watch

Hi Folks, hopefully this can be somewhere I can learn a few things.

Well I certainly hope so. We have a good collection of experts and amateurs here and some that are sort of in between!

Anyway, I'm sure it's all normal but thought I would put down my pipe for a wee type.

Normal. Yes nothing happening, move along!

As long as it's no yer lumb that's reekin' that's fine. Hamilton eh? I think I know your Motherwell.

I used to stay in Narin for about 6 years.

Peace and all that

Yup, and to you to.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thank you for the welcome PuterMan, indeed Motherwell is just over the road in this land.

I have been going through some of the info around here and it is indeed very interesting. I am not one for predicting anything so I leave that to the others, nice to get an answer as to the California stuff, much what I expected.

I read and saw the "massive 10.3" on the map and in a thread here the other day and had a bit of a head scratch at that for 5 mins, I think we would have a few problems if that hit on the Canadian shores as the glitch said it had. Indeed though that was quickly determined a glitch.

I am learning new things which is always good and nice to know there is folks who I can direct any questions I may have.

Indeed peace out for now.

SIB

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

sorry...I was joking with you..I think you had a typo in your post and wrote "a tits apogee" rather than "at it's apogee".. made me chuckle

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Not directed towards anyone

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

No, thus is why I said " I couldnt find one unless you counted those", Number 2 said "same as 1. and 3 ended with a question mark.

My point was being that in March preceeding the big one, there were quakes in March in similar general areas in the 2 or 3 days prior just like what just happened this past 2 or 3 days of July. I wasnt going by exact magnitudes or exact lon/lat points. I was going by general areas. And was just having tongue and cheek with the exchange with the berkleygal conversation and her having a bad feeling and made the post showing some similarities that she may have reason to feel that way is all. Going by science alone, you said ok to 5 of the 8, I believe. Scientifically that is what, 63%.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

That's fair enough then. I probably took you too literally. I do that!

63%? Yes, probably a C but a pass!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

That's fair enough then. I probably took you too literally. I do that!

63%? Yes, probably a C but a pass!

I would take a pass or look at it a different way, if NASA told me an asteroid had a 63% chance of impacting Earth, be kinda worrisome. But, yeah, I think you was taking me too literally.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Btw, does Australia normally have earthquakes off the southwest coast or not very often at all? Just curious, not familar with this area.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie

So funny

As long as the mountain doesn't erupt I'm ok with it.

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join