It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2011

page: 110
<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Haven't been able to access Badan Meteorologi, Klimatologi dan Geofisika Indonesia for a couple of days
This is the address I normally go to www.bmkg.go.id...

Off line, have they moved or is it just me

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

Loads OK for me muzzy.

(Using your link above)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

An interesting question. Probably not but the official answer will be "telemetry errors". I am not sure if a solar flare would do that.

You could try asking them? It would be interesting to see what they say.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Don't know whether this is the right place to post this but thought it may be relevant.

I came accross this article:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Apologies if the link doesn't work. I am still trying to figure out how to work this posting thing.

Anyway, my thinking is that if a pair of tectonic plates grind to halt, or even change direction, then there has to be a domino effect throughout all the other plate interfaces.

I know geological timescales are vast but could this explain some of the unusual stuff we are seeing?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
They are blowing things up again

map 2011 04 20 13 12 01.9 52.039 2.047 677.5 245.6 0.0 2.5 SOUTHERN NORTH SEA PROBABLE EXPLOSION

map 2011 04 20 07 38 49.5 51.758 1.892 668.6 213.8 0.0 2.5 SOUTHERN NORTH SEA PROBABLE EXPLOSION

BGS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29dc0ffa1435.png[/atsimg]

Probably WWII ordinance again. I will see if I can find out from my contact in BGS.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Magnitude 4.3 - CHIHUAHUA, MEXICO

A little activity on the Texas - Mexico border.

Two 4.3 and one 4.1 in the last week is a little out of the ordinary, but nothing major.

Not much activity over the last 20 years in the area.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Not that far from me, sort of. We do still have lots of WW2 mines in the sea and bombs/other exploding things on the beaches. Quite common to hear the explosions and to find things. After all these years they are still very dangerouse.

Just to add, HR.MS.SNELLIUS and two others are in that area, or were. Lat/Lon: 52.345421 / 4.2581801
Vessel's Details
Ship Type: Military Ops
Length x Breadth: 82 m X 13 m
Speed recorded (Max / Average): 9.8 / 8.7 knots

edit on 2-5-2011 by Tzavros because: Added info

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I see that the other week. There have been about five or six, I took a screen shot of them as I was going to post it here and ask. But never got round to it!
Was wondering what they meant by "explosion"
Thanks

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Last time when there were two off Le Havre it was eventually confirmed as being WWII ordinance that was destroyed.

This is more of the same I have no doubt.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude

Date-Time
Monday, May 02, 2011 at 19:07:15 UTC
Monday, May 02, 2011 at 02:07:15 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Depth
5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program

Region
WESTERN TEXAS

Distances
40 km (24 miles) NNE of Snyder, Texas
74 km (45 miles) SW of Guthrie, Texas
115 km (71 miles) ESE of Lubbock, Texas
424 km (263 miles) NW of AUSTIN, Texas

Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 7.5 km (4.7 miles); depth fixed by location program

Parameters
NST= 29, Nph= 29, Dmin=117.1 km, Rmss=1.18 sec, Gp= 90°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=5

Source
USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID
us2011kkbu

USGS

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I can't get there for some reason.
Have tried on IE and Chrome, as well as Firefox.

Nutting

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Debunking the Lunar Phase Connection

Well for New Zealand anyway.

I keep track of the Lunar Phases on my Time/Mag graph on NZ EQ's Blog, but I was looking for some way of presenting the info at a glance to be able to analyse it.

Came up with this.
Its pretty self explanatory, the chance of a Lunar Phase matching even 3 x Mag 4+ quakes or a single Mag 5 is less than 33.3% max., for 2011 anyway.
I might go back and do the same for 2010 later in the week.

Note the Feb 21 Lyttelton quake doesn't match any phase. The Aftershocks might skew the % calculation for that month abit, but hey thats the way the earth moved.

Lot of 5+'s in April

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm having an issue with my favorite earthquake map

quakes.globalincidentmap

Is there a global map out there preferably using the Google interface that shows all of the 2+M and greater?
Even better have an adjustable filter that you can select which magnitudes to show?

It seems that on said map only the smaller magnitudes are shown in the US. I would like to monitor the EQ's throughout the Cascadia range from California to Alaska and not have the large gap where BC is.

Right now I have to hybrid the not so great Earthquakes Canada map with the Global one.

See what i'm talking about below:

Any better maps that are not so racist?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Dinkle

No

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Evening Puterman and everyone!

Question, did the blasting of the levee register on the shake maps? Please keep a close eye out through this night as more blasts are going to be happening and I just feel awful, feel terrible really. Do not have the links or knowledge to look for myself. Something is wrong, I sense it .

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Dinkle

Yes, here is the program that let's you select the magnitude and by days with easy navigation sliders

Earthquake - 3D

Enjoy

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

good work,

my problem is "working out" when the most pressure is "built up " +/or "released"...
at what point is "MAX"???

ie

is the theory...that an earthquake is more likely when certain "pressures" are BUILDING UP (via moon interaction),
OR
is it at EXACT moon phase,

OR is it AFTER, when "pressure" is "relieved"...?

any thoughts?

cause i was thinking that there may be a correlation between moon activity and E/Qs,
but perhaps a day or so AFTER "max" has passed...+ pressure released...?
but only guessing...

also i think high/low pressure changes may have an effect...especially LOW..

seeya

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure ho precise the theory is, from memory the pundits who promote it allow 5 days either side of a phase and that just about covers the whole month

The thing is you tend to just note the days that something happens and forget about the other 66% of the time when quakes happen outside of a phase day

Like today is a New Moon ( see post below)
edit on 3-5-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Reference Number 3506816
Universal Time May 3 2011 at 6:55
NZ Standard Time Tuesday, May 3 2011 at 6:55 pm
Latitude, Longitude 41.35°S, 173.23°E
Focal Depth 110 km
Richter magnitude 5.0 (4.979)
Region Nelson
* 10 km south-west of Nelson
* 130 km west of Wellington
Felt in;
MM5 Strong 7 Atawhai, Marahau, Marlborough, Nelson [3], Richmond
MM4 Largely observed 933 Anakiwa [3], Annesbrook [4], Appleby, Arapawa Island, Aro Valley [2], Ascot Park, Atawhai [46], Avalon, Berhampore, Bishopdale [3], Blenheim [53], Brightwater [4], Broadmeadows, Brooklands [2], Brooklyn, Brooklyn [3], Cannons Creek, Canvastown [4], Christchurch, Churton Park [4], Crofton Downs [3], Days Bay, Dodson Valley, Dovedale [2], Eastbourne [2], Enner Glynn [6], Fairhall, Featherston, Geraldine, Golden Bay, Gowanbridge, Grovetown [6], Hataitai [2], Havelock [19], Hawarden, Highbury, Hira [10], Hope, Howard, Island Bay [3], Johnsonville [4], Kaiteriteri [4], Karamea, Karori [8], Kelburn [9], Kelson, Khandallah [13], Korere, Koromiko [2], Levin, Linden, Little River, Lower Hutt [3], Lower Moutere [3], Lyall Bay, Mahau Sound, Mapua [19], Marahau, Mariri, Marlborough [4], Marybank [9], Maungaraki, Mayfield [6], Miramar [4], Moana [2], Monaco, Motueka [66], Mount Cook [4], Mount Victoria [4], Murchison, Nelson [104], Nelson South [11], Newlands [3], Newtown [6], Ngaio [11], Ngatimoti [3], Northland [2], Okaramio, Okiwi, Okiwi Bay, Orinoco, Otaihanga, Owhiro Bay, Paekakariki, Paparangi, Paraparaumu [5], Paraparaumu Beach [6], Parnassus, Pauatahanui, Pelorus Bridge [3], Petone [2], Picton [46], Plimmerton [2], Pohara, Pokororo, Porirua [5], Port Ligar, Pukerua Bay, Rai Valley [12], Rangihaeata [2], Ranui Heights, Rapaura, Rarangi [5], Raumati, Raumati Beach, Raumati South [3], Redwood, Redwood Valley [3], Redwoodtown [11], Reefton, Renwick [4], Richmond [28], Riverlands [2], Riversdale [4], Riwaka [7], Rockville, Ruakokoputuna, Ruby Bay [4], Saint Omer Bay, Seatoun [2], Seddonville, Silverstream [2], Spring Creek [3], Springlands [10], St Arnaud [2], Stoke [31], Stokes Valley, Strathmore Park, Tahunanui [23], Takaka [7], Takamatua, Tapawera [2], Tasman [7], Tata Beach, Tawa [16], Te Aro [15], Te Rawa, Thorndon [2], Tirohanga, Titahi Bay, Tuamarina [3], Upper Hutt [4], Upper Moutere [6], Wadestown [3], Waikanae, Waikawa [4], Wainui Bay, Wainuiomata [2], Wakapuaka [2], Wakatu [3], Wakefield [10], Warwick, Washington Valley, Waterloo, Wellington [33], Wellington Cbd [6], Whitby [18], Wilton [2], Witherlea [4], Woodbourne [2], Woodstock
MM3 Weak 175 Akaroa, Aro Valley, Atawhai [2], Birchville, Bishopdale [2], Blenheim [6], Brown Owl, Christchurch, Churton Park, Dannevirke, Eastbourne, Enner Glynn [2], Fairfield [2], Featherston, French Pass, Hampstead, Highbury, Island Bay, Johnsonville [2], Kaiapoi, Karamea, Karori [6], Kelburn [3], Khandallah [4], Korokoro, Levin, Linkwater, Lower Hutt [3], Mapua [2], Marybank, Miramar [2], Monaco, Motueka [9], Mount Cook [4], Naenae, Nelson [19], Nelson South [2], Newlands [2], Newtown [2], Ngaio, Northland, Paekakariki [2], Pakuratahi, Paraparaumu, Petone, Picton [4], Pinehaven [2], Pipitea [2], Ranui Heights, Rarangi, Raumati South, Redwoodtown, Renwick [2], Richmond [3], Ruby Bay, Saint Albans [2], Seatoun, Silverstream [3], Southgate, Springlands [2], Stoke [8], Stokes Valley, Tahunanui, Tawa [4], Te Aro [5], Thorndon [3], Titahi Bay, Upper Hutt, Upper Moutere, Wadestown [2], Waikawa, Wainuiomata [3], Wairau, Wanganui East, Waterloo, Wellington [5], Whitby [4], Wilton, Witherlea, Woburn
Total 1115

I didn't notice it here at Raumati Beach.

edit on 3-5-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

I haven't downloaded that, as I have too much junk on my computer already.

Does it include Canadian ( and New Zealand for that matter ) quakes?

Thats what the question was

top topics

<< 107  108  109    111  112  113 >>

join