It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophilia Guide Author Arrested

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lspilot6946

I think it is right on the money... Its like under cover cops buying drugs from a drug dealer.. Its not entrapment..It is a job well done.. Now lets hope the prisoners do their job and execute this guy on day 1.. You know, less cost to us tax payers to house this scum bag!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Nothing is going to happen to this man while he is in the custody of the Polk County Sheriffs office....trust me on that...been in there once with pedophiles and murderers...They are all in general population with one another. Also if the man decides to keep his mouth shut no one would ever know who he is...outside news rarely enters that place...they dont allow you to watch the news nor read newspapers..except USA today..and if there is a article about this guy..they will take it out. I've lived in Polk county Floida my whole life and the Sheriffs department does alot of controversial things all the time here....I'm glad that light is finally being shed on this County...hell the County Moto says on it Imperial Polk County...thats a great word to use...Imperial..lol
edit on 12/08/2010 by lspilot6946 because: misspelling

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

You stated:

Now of those there C is definitely a yes so he is guilty of aiding a pedophile now is that innocent?

Definitely a yes you said.

Can you prove that or not?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

i find it ironic that the same scum of the earth you want kept locked away from society,

are expected to be the hand of justice, bringing equilibrium to your reality.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Parents should stop trying to dictate to everyone else how to act, what is right or wrong etc. Parents think that because they decided to have children, all of a sudden the rest of society must do this, for the good of their kids. Don't do that, because it's for the good of the kids. Ban this, for the good of their kids, take this right away for the good of their kids. I am getting sick of it, it is your responsibility to keep your kids safe, not everyone else's. Parents are too embarrassed or too stupid to have the serious talks with their kids is the real problem here, not some guy using his right to free speech.
edit on Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:49:11 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

who else is going to buy a how to guide to pedophilia, other than the cops who are investigating it as evidence? I doubt many non-pedophiles will be buying it for a light read.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wonder what his motives were for writing it?

Some of these sickos get off on the mental torture that's brought to their victims.

Others like to have safety in numbers, they set up rings and networks.

Is he promoting this practice ?

I think he was out to shock and attention seeking, well he certainly brought himself some attention!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

That can be applied to any number of books.

The bottom line is you are speculating, yet stating it as fact.

Keep the emotion out of this and lets argue what can actually be proven.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, in an initial article I read on the book, it stated that the book was self-published by the author, for sale on Amazon. Thankfully, Amazon caved in to boycott pressure and removed the book from the site.

I also remember a lot of people crying foul, and free speech, and warning about how every controversial book would now be instantly banned and burned etc. The thing is, and the OP did point this out somewhere in the thread, people aren't that stupid. Nobody was clamoring to removed other books from Amazon, and Amazon hasn't removed anything else. But a non-fiction how-to book for pedofiles is utterly unacceptable under any circumstances. Children are helpless and it is the responsibility of every adult to protect them from harm, up to and including, books that detail how to harm them and get away with it.

This is not an issue of free speech. There are all kinds of things we aren't allowed to do. We can't threaten people, we can't harrass them with written letters or emails, we can't slander or lible them. No one is crying over those laws. So, why, are you defending what is obviously obscene illegal material? No, he's not allowed to write this revolting treatise, any more than I am able to write threatening letters or emails. It's a no-brainer. Nothing is black and white. Free-speech does not need to blanketly cover everything, including threats and harm to children. I don't want to live in a world where it does.

I'm so happy this creep is in custody.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

huge difference in a book and an email/letter.

one must seek a book, for it to become of harm.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Why oh why do we allow these cancers to breath the air...truth is murder takes life ..and that is bad enough ..yet these ..predator destroy innocent lives..and the victims have to live with it ..and the psychlogical impacts affect not only themselves ..but also their own children..

I believe these people should be put down..humane lethal injection..we as parents cannot risk ..that once they have done their time..a..these thnd that generally is not long will be back amongst the population!!..these creatures should be ..erradicated!!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

I think emotion needs to be taken into account for certain things. Instances like this, I'm sorry but I think a lot of the population would agree this man is sick and twisted. Give him a sign saying what he wrote and stick him in prison we will see what happens then that is justice.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Must one?
So, the detailed how-to steps for abusing children are not a threat?
There is no difference. It's quite simple.
You publish a threat, it should be treated as such.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

interesting theory.

are you suggesting that its a genetic malfunction?

what if your wrong, and its a conditioning or environmental issue that causes people to become like this?

then youd be killing people off, and solving nothing, as the conditions still remain to produce future "misfits".

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

not unless i read them and act upon them.

good thing ive got the option not to.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So somehow Scooter Libby can write a book about woman being trapped in a cage and forced to have sex with a bear, but this is wrong.

The double standard in American politics is an abomination.

I can not believe that anyone would say that freedom of speech has limitations.

I have three German words for you "Arbeit Macht Frei"

"So this is how liberty dies....To a thunderous round of applause"
-Star Wars Episode II

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

Emotion has no part in rational, intelligent debate.

emotion leads to irrational thinking, much of which has been shown in this thread.

Did this person hurt anyone? No.

People are free to be sick twisted freaks as much as they want as long as they dont hurt anyone.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Did this person hurt anyone? No.

People are free to be sick twisted freaks as much as they want as long as they dont hurt anyone.

For there to be a crime, you either need a victim, or a violation of a current statute, ordinance, etc.

In this case, it isn't the former, but the latter they are trying to get him on. However, his own statements in this book seem to indicate there ARE victims, and that kids DID get hurt, so I'd much rather see the authorities go after him for THESE crimes, vs. the current charges which will probably get thrown out.
edit on 21-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

I can not believe that anyone would say that freedom of speech has limitations.

Try yelling "Fire!" at a football game, and we'll see if the judge agrees with you. (part of the "Panic" exemption)
edit on 21-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Other people also write books saying they killed people as part of the story.

That doesnt automatically mean there are bodies hidden somewhere with the authors name as cause of death.
edit on 21-12-2010 by BigTimeCheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

reporting a false emergency is a crime.

writing a book is not.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join