It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just left my wife because she is a climate change denier (I'm not kidding)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Was she diagnosed with NPD or is this your self diagnosis? No offense but from the posts of yours that I've read you sound like you might have NPD yourself. Actually most people on Earth would fit the description of NPD quite well.

Also, saying you only stayed with her because of "her looks" and because "she could hide her personality" makes you sound kind of like a douche. That's just my opinion though.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Jesse Ventura has a great Conspiracy episode on "Global Warming".
Some guy in Canada actually ran for the hills after being threatened for suggesting that the sun
causes global warming.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
"Did you really buy the apple for her, or for yourself?"

A couple notes:

He got a gift for him self under the guise of something for her and then was surprised and hurt when she did not love it.

Calls her a narcisit when shows many of the same traits in his own post

His thread title was a complete lie.

As somone else said, get help.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Guys.. would you have given this much attention if some random blog made a statement like this and provided no evidence? Either this guy is just a startroller or he was hoping he could get some people on his side. Either way it's a worthless thread. All I want is to see a pic of his wife so I can see if she really is good looking as stated and then you know.. hit on her. Liberator, you haven't even attempted to hide how big of a douche you have been. It's insane.

How about use your common sense and don't bring up crazy b.s. that you know will start a fight. You have no idea how satisfying it is when you both realize you circumvented a fight because you know it is pointless and you can look past it and immediately talk about something enjoyable.
Instead you come at her with b.s. and argue with her if she doesn't agree. Are either the global warming matter or the t.v. thing worth bringing up?
Also, don't believe everything that you read.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

That's not a disorder. That's just how all women on the planet operate. So it's normal.

I remember she questioned my love because i forgot to butter her toast............ YOU FORGOT THE BUTTER!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to just suck it up and talk to her like a man. Tell her that her behavior is not acceptable. And you're not comming back till she learns to behave like a rational adult. You're not putting up with it anymore and that you've already taken the first step to leave. If she behaves like that again you're gone.

Sounds like she has self esteem issues.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Liberator
reply to post by vkturbo

As I said, it's not the sun. The sun has nothing to do with AGW.

Well that's the most ignorant statement uttered by a human being I have ever heard.!

Where do you think the "heat: from Global "Warming comes from??? You wonder why we ("deniers"discredit all the fanaticism in this subject?

I
As for my tone, I have considered everything and come to the conclusion that there was nothing I could do. She is crazy and I am sane and that is that.

edit on 20-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The climate is indeed changing, alot of the replys you got are really funny, and I am one of those "sun" people. We were in an abnormally stable climate period, now we are not. Our climate is not always our friend, then again why should it be. Living with mental illness is difficult, living with a "normal person" is also difficult. She is probably as relieved as you are that you took your Apple and split. You appear in great need of being right, this is not an endearing trait.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberator

Poor Liberator. Things have been hard for you over the last few months, haven't they? First you discover (through hours of conscientious objective research) that we only have very limited time left to live due to the fast-approaching apocalypse known as CAGW and are arrogantly opposed by people with contrary viewpoints, even credible scientists with hundreds of peer-reviewed papers to their name, like Richard Lindzen, and then to top it off, your wife, who happens to suffer from mental issues starts to exhibit similar characteristics to these supercilious close-minded deniers. You just can't catch a break, can you? My heart goes out to you. What would you do if your Mum happened to disagree with you on CAGW? Would you authoritatively tell her she is a "denier" and never speak to her ever again? I can picture it now.

Liberator's Mum: "I am skeptical that a gas which constitutes 0.038% of the atmosphere is the primary driver of the planet's temperature."

Liberator: "ARGGGGGG! DENIER! HAVE YOU READ THE SKEPTICAL SCIENCE WEBSITE?"

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
what do you want us to do OP? pat you on the back and take your side?

you just cherry picked some arguments yourself, to make yourself look like a winner.

she probably got pissed off about you mentioning that article, because believe it or not you were being passive aggressive.

whats with the rant about climate change, what that got to do with your wife?...

I don't know whose right or wrong, but maybe you are better apart.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Good for you!
As for those who are in a state of denial i.e. "It's just a couple of flakes....nothing to worry about", WAKE UP!

a"couple of flakes?"the only flakes I see are people screaming about the weather changing...
a"couple of flakes?" You should try "head and shoulders" dandruff shampoo!

"wakeup" and DO WHAT exactly???

tell us or go away...infact just go away this thread is another bid for attention.like the guy who keeps reposting about the changing jet stream.
edit on 20-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Liberator's Mum: "I am skeptical that a gas which constitutes 0.038% of the atmosphere is the primary driver of the planet's temperature."

Liberator: "ARGGGGGG! DENIER! HAVE YOU READ THE SKEPTICAL SCIENCE WEBSITE?"

He's gonna bloody love that Nathan (but not as much as you did posting it!!!). Congrats on the chuckle.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well, if it benefits both of your lives then I guess it's for the best.

But I have to say, so much for "in sickness and in health"...

Did you not know these things (personality disorder) before you married her? I just feel sorry for any child that has to watch their parents split. Sad stuff.

By mentioning the article to her, you were in a way passively accusing her of doing something wrong. NOT fully accusing! Maybe not even intentionally on your part. But saying that to her implies that the responsibility is HERS alone to control the baby and TV. Perhaps she was thinking in her head something like, "You have just as much ability as I to turn off the TV or stop the baby from watching TV."

If it went how you said it did, then it does kind of come off as you saying she is irresponsible, in a way. It would have been better to say something like "I just read this article about babies and TV and it really made me want to make sure our baby watches less of it, what do you think (insert wife's name here)?" That would have allowed room for her opinion, instead you kind of assumed and directed her to a conclusion. Women don't like feeling like they aren't allowed an opinion in a matter.

I think the most important part about marriage is CIVIL discussion. No communication and the marriage goes down the toilet.
edit on 12/20/2010 by SpaceJ because: more

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by GirlGenius

I haven't COMPLETELY given up hope yet.....just 99%.

On the off chance you guys get back together, I sure hope she gets wind of this thread. She will make your life Pure Hell!

And, you know what ... you will deserve it for posting this.

And how the hell would she ever know that this thread is about her? I am completely anonymous here.....and by the way, thanks for the support!

I dont think your cover is as good as you think...

www.ecologicalinternet.org...

If I can find it, she can find it.

You should try and talk things through as hard as it seems, theres always a way.

edit on 20-12-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

if this IS him.....then that explains everything. stop trying to convince him that he is wrong. for this person to admit that, he then has to admit he has WASTED years of his life in education and research. if i had put that much time and effort into learning about something, and then had the slightest inkling that i was wrong i would have gone mad too. NO ONE will get him to admit he is wrong. can you imagine having to admit you wasted that much of your life. for years and years she probably had to sit around and listen to his crap thinking only to herself "im married to a crackpot". " why doesnt he go out and get a real job". You my friend are now the one i feel sorry for. education can sometimes be a very dangerous thing......it will take HEAPS of time to undo the brainwashing you have undergone.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

^^^^^^^^above post ftw. i rlly hope its him. i bet even if it is, he doesnt give a rat's @$$ about all of the underwater plants, the fields of kelp the produce tons of oxygen bubbles. i bet he is a tree-hugger, and if he really really cared, he would probably be dead or have gulf war syndrome from cleaning oil/ oily animals. i quit. there is no respirator that i can buy in the private sector that can filter oil. i wanted a scuba style respirator built to cover the nose as well, so that there is extremely low chances of inhalation, but they dont care. they want workers getting poisoned i swear, they wont let you do it if you promise to build it your self, test it, and show plausibility of its functionality, and i get the middle finger. tree-huggers scare me now, idk for sure

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Why do you suppose this link is the same as liberator?

Well spoken as to why this guy is headed for a bad breakdown. One needs to feel reassured after all that 'study' that one has been correct all along. I'll never forget when my sister handed me a 'life in the balance' book written by al gore (I think), and as a gift.... It felt like a chasm had been wedged between us. So sad. The problem is that the gov has used up all it's goodwill, and must now rely on technology and fascism. global warming is a large part of it. I suspect that many of the followers are simply trying to avoid persecution by worshiping this false god. No one in their right mind would trust or enable the 'authorities' with the sort of tax schemes that are in tow behind this monster. You would have to be stupid, gullible, and braindead all in one package to swallow a word of it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Not him, he told me on his other thread he was a dropout musician (did 2 years of a music degree).

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm sorry but that was one of the most idiotic things I've read on ATS this year. Probably in top3.
Let me get this straight..If I disagree with you about something, I'm Narcissistic?
To me..That sounds kind of arrogant. Not to mention I saw some of your replies to people who disagreed with you and you called them names straight away just further proves my point.
You sir, have a problem.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
In my opinion, most, if not all, females do this. I call it the persecution complex. It's a valuable tool they utilize to break the will of men and "tame" men into submission. You can easily pick out the women that have succeeded with this tactic by looking around public places and seeing the couples, in which, the man hangs his head low, dragging his feet while exhibiting a look of despair and/or defeat on his face. The male may come a cross as having been lobotomized too; although, that has more to do with the man's wishful thinking.

Seriously though, OP, your relationship certainly sounds like it was toxic to your mental well-being. Sorry for your troubles.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Okay everyone we gotta stop. As much as I've enjoyed this thread pulling apart poor Libby's attitudes and I really have, we are supposed to be a community here and this is not now... erm...communal.

BUT OF COURSE IF THE GENERAL CONSENSUS IS TO CONTINUE TO RIP HIM APART THEN, HEY, SO BE IT!

edit on 20/12/2010 by Mez353 because: !

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

well guy global warming is fake its supposed to happen gets hot freezes ove gets hot freezes ove i dont even think the govt supports global warming ny more scientists have already said it was a big scam to get more tax payers money into millitaly and what the hell else they need it for jeeeeeeezeee dude get with the program there is no proof of global warming none the earth automaticaly corrects its self so wen the SUN gets to hot there will be some enviromental socket wrench to fix it

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join