It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just left my wife because she is a climate change denier (I'm not kidding)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374

p.s. What makes me so mad at the deniers is that they don't care about
our environment. if they did, they would see that humans have been r@ping
our environment for the past 200 years. All the nasty stuff we have done
to this Earth is starting to catch up to us. But climate change deniers
forget that we've destroyed 90% of the forests. I love when they say
"but plants eat CO2, so more CO2 is better." They leave out the fact
that we've destroyed most of the plants on this planet.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Ghost374 because: addendum

Sorry to break it to you, but I'm one of those "climate change deniers" (BTW, it started out as "global warming" and when they got egg on their face because it started cooling, they switched it to "climate change," so now it covers anything, whether it gets warmer or colder -- how convenient), but I do care deeply about our environment.

I'm all for reducing air, water, and soil pollution. I'm all for replanting the forests and reviving our depleted soil in natural ways (read the book Secrets of the Soil for some truly eye-opening natural remedies). I would like to lead a more sustainable lifestyle, and am extending my organic veggie garden this year and will plant some fruit trees and berry bushes. I'm all for recycling and reducing industrial and vehicle emissions.

Problem is that "manmade global warming" is just a ruse to squeeze an ever-increasing amount of money out of everyone; remember that Big Industry, under "Cap & Trade," can buy "carbon credits" and just keep polluting as they see fit. And declaring that CO2 itself is a poisonous substance is just ridiculous and opens the way for all manner of evil schemes: Cows and sheep fart a lot -- so we have to keep them indoors in farm factories instead of letting them graze out in the pasture; humans exhale CO2, so we need to cull the world population to save the Earth; etc.

If we replaced the many, many trees that have been thoughtlessly cut down, we'd be in much better shape altogether. We're poisoning the planet with industrial slush and toxic fumes, brainwash the farmers into thinking that the only way they can exist is by poisoning the soil with Monsanto's chemicals, get our natural ecosystems that are self-regulating completely out of whack, and then wonder why things are going to sh**.

I think that many of us are on the same page here, but I refuse to buy into the CO2 fearmongering. Maybe we should agree to disagree and focus on a common goal.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Liberator

Sounds like you married my ex wife. And yes I am being serious.

Been there done that, and I feel for you dude, I really do!

On the topic of climate change, I think that there are a great number of us who do believe the climate is changing, but its a naturally occuring phenomena and not a direct result of anything mankind is doing, as TPTB would have us believe and are using to further their goals.

Yes we may be polluting the environment, and yes we may be spewing carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, but even if we shut down every factory and smashed every internal combustion engine, guess what? the climate is still going to change and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it!

I remember in the mid 1970's, when I was just a kid, TPTB and media were telling us that we were entering into another ice age and it scared the crap out of me. Fast forward 25 years and their preaching Global Warming. Huh, WTF?

Then, when their theories and evidence started falling apart and the lies were exposed, it becomes Global Climate Change. Just how stupid do TPTB think we are? OK, the sheeple didn't buy our Global Warming bull*, lets change the name and push forward with our agenda anyway.

Do I think we need to clean up our act and cut down on polluting the environment? Absolutely, smog sucks! But, do I think carbon taxes and other government programs to steal our wealth and further control us are the way to do it? No!

If they put the time and money they have spent into alternative energy research, instead of trying to convince us that we werre responsible for melting the ice caps and killing the planet, we'd probably be well on the way to weaning ourselves entirely away from our fossil fuel dependency.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
look around you - it is a massive global cooling.

Oh, by the way - have you checked average temps for last 10 years?
No.
You should, if you like evidence.

Climate is changing all the time - get used to it - it is called SEASONS!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

She's upset because of the size of your penis. She told me. I wish she'd be more honest about all of this, but like you said, she's difficult.

The good news is that when the whole planet bursts into flames and spins off into the sun, the deniers will get to fry along with everyone else. Since I'm going to have to die eventually anyway, I'm all for the big meltdown. I believe in an afterlife, and I have my plans to enjoy torturing these idiots when we all get to the promise land. Oh sure, eventually I'll get bored with making them believe that I'm their own personal Lord Satan, but I'm still looking forward to it. It's almost as if I can already hear their screams and gnashing of teeth. (sigh)
edit on 12/20/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Well she sounds like a royal pain in the backside. I don't know about the psycholgical interpretation but choose better next time.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Liberator
I have studied the topic of global warming almost obsessively for 2 years now and I know more about the topic than I care to admit (that's just my personality). It's bad, it's getting worse, and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

maybe you need to step back and look at yourself for a minute.

"and there is nothing we can do to stop it." so why does it even matter who believes you or not? Do you feel it's important to die being right? If I told you that your life would end in 5 years, would you
a. spend the next 5 years looking for someone to blame all the while feeling sorry for yourself?
b. spend as much time as you could with your loved ones doing all the things you wished you had done earlier?

Let it go. I don't care who is right about climate change. In a few years it will be obvious. I think it will subside and go back towards normal, and you think we are all gonna die. One way or the other, we will see in a few years. Go back and fix your family. there is nothing more important in life.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
im going to go out on a limb and say that there is no wife.

this thread was a lure for a climate change debate. and not a very good one at that.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Furthermore, if climate deniers are willing to accept that they may be wrong, then I am willing to continue the debate.

This stood out for me the most.

Where is your willingness to admit that you may be wrong? With both the debate over climate change, and with the debate over your wife.

Now I know none of us can truly know your full story, but from the things you have posted it seems no one else's opinion matters to you.

By the way what does it feel like to be right all the time?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Obviously that is our fault also. If you refuse to believe that you are also a denier.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I guess this site is much cheaper than a therapist. IMO, unfortunately you need to be the mature one and seek help for the both of you before your son is hurt any further, I think climate change can wait for your son's kids to worry about.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
i wonder if anybody in this thread has mentioned all the other planets heating up also.

not that this discussion is worth the effort it takes to go through the thread..........but i wonder.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
First, this thread is in wrong place , Social issues is right board.
There is circa 2 bilions mariages in this world ,so мany quarrels,so many issues, so many problems and most of them the are below the carpet for the GOOD of the children.Your children deserve two parents .punto.Divorce is last extreme measure and i advice you to use all your human and menthal resources you own to save your marriage.If you dont success is not the end of the world .Concentrate of your children and not of climate change issues.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by splittheatom

Furthermore, if climate deniers are willing to accept that they may be wrong, then I am willing to continue the debate.

This stood out for me the most.

Me too because in my posts on his other dramatically titled thread, and many other posts on there by others too, we were all saying the same thing, that we feel there’s a lot more work to do and that the science is definitely not settled. We present arguments, he dismisses them completely out of hand. Thing is, as soon as he hears that he’s off on one. And he has no shortage of hangers on with exactly the same approach. Maybe it’s an AGW thing? They’ve tried to brainwash so many people over the past decade that now it looks like they may actually have been talking out of their backside they’re getting a bit strung out, you know, leaving their wife and kids and blaming it all on AGW denial. This guys a nutjob.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Resistant to change, people are holding onto old left-brain masculine structures but they are breaking down all around us, the masses are having difficulty resonating at a higher vibration due to the indoctrinated and robotic compliant crap that BIG DADDY has created and feed them. People we can either change or die.....the choice is yours...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I see you have been instructed by your masters to switch to "climate change" instead of "global warming". There are no "climate change deniers" , there never were. The debate is on whether it is caused by man or nature. There is now no doubt it is caused by natural forces and not man made. Go back to climate-gate. Read science.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I think you did your wife a favor.

You sound like a child.

I bet YOU were the one that is abusive, with your constant putting down of your wife, the lack of credit your offer her and the buying of a tv for her birthday.....you are clearly immature and have zero sense.

What woman wants a tv for her birthday? To tight to spring for some diamonds or a romantic get away. So you get her a tv. Nice.....was her christmas pressie going to be a dishwasher or a bread maker?

You have no idea what you are talking about.

You give us YOUR manipulated side of the story and we do not get hers.

Climate Denier? Please.....who gives a sh**!!!!

I certainly do not.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
...from what i read here i have feeling that it's good that U left Your Wife, good for Her! and if i can suggest, continue with the therapy! before U ruin another relationship and do not make any more kids!
...to talk with U about climate is so much pointless same like talk with U about so many others topics...
take care!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You are obsessed with this Climate Crap. You are the cause of your wife's behavior to you. You talk complete BS. Any normal woman would just put her head in the oven with a person who keeps coming back saying "I just read another story about TV and its dangers to kids. STOP letting our kid watch TV"

Then....Mr sensible.....GOES AND BUYS HIS WIFE A TV!!!!

ARE you serious? YOU are the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
and this is what i hate about marriage these days. you couldnt figure out you were gonna go crazy with her before you got married? you didnt think about bringing up conversations to see if ur core beliefs were similar? instead you just cop out and get divorced... people are crazy these days.. luckily my wife and I wont leave each other over stupid things like this.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Wow. So you've just informed me that, myself, my partner & my whole family has 'selective' narcissistic personality disorder! ;p -

I don't mean to be rude here, but i've been in relationships before when I was a bit younger & much more immature, where I have acted like your wife - the reason i've acted like that? because I was far too gutless to leave my then partner (edit to add: even though i was DESPERATE to!) and thought if I was that horrible and negative to be around, they'd do what you did and pack up and leave, therefore leaving me without the 'should i have broken if off' battle going on up top for some time after. Know what I mean? Sorry, but If you have/had a wife, I daresay she's moved on to someone waiting in the wings, who's probably not too fussed on Global warming - oops, I mean 'climate change'

edit on 20/12/2010 by bkaust because: grammar and added a bit to the end there

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join