It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Coup may happen in Saudi Arabia'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

'Coup may happen in Saudi Arabia'

presstv.com

A political analyst has said that a coup could happen in Saudi Arabia, with the health issues of the elderly monarch providing an opportunity for the plotters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is not a good timing for US

Why>?

Because US is in decline, and now this

who will get on the throne next?

It is suppose to pass to the king's step brother, but the step brother has cancer.

Here is why this is the bad timing.

What will US do, if a coup happens and an anti-US government is formed?

The chance is huge.

US troops and bases are heavily present in Saudi Arabia, so what would US do if an anti-US regime pops up? Will US risk going to another war? This time against Saudi Arabia, what will the consequence of such a war be?

Thoughts

oz

presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Too bad they have so much oil over there. If they'd didn't we'd be nowhere near the place. Of course this is always denied by the big shots. If an anti-American coup were to take over if we didn't high tail it out of there all the radical Muslims in the world would go there to fight us. Why? Because of Mecca that's why. Most of the terrorism we face around the world is simply because we westerners are in the same country as is the Holy City. Best to find out who is responsible for getting us into this fix and get them to do something about it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Knowing the factions would be WAY more helpful.

Knowing the SECTS of the factions would be VERY helpful.

Knowing which of the potential kings is married to Iran's Mullahocracy's daughters, and which are married to Hezbollah's daughters would give some idea of the interalliances forming up.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

Oil is not the only thing at stake.

The silk roads are still there. That they have pipe lines under them makes no difference.

If you gave up your interests in this area, you would be foolish beyond all measure.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
even if a coup happens i dont see an anti american faction taking over.
thats why the US troops are already there, right?

but if saudi arabia was to switch sides, i could see a dim future for the anglo-american front's geo-politic ambitions.
and their proxy state in the land once called palestine wouldn't be amused either.

Jordan and Egypt would quickly say "why not?"

but nah i think the US have their regional puppets i mean allies on a short leash.

every coup in the region has been made to further advance the american control, not the opposite way.
edit on 18/12/10 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I think the AntiChrist is supposed to take the throne.

He's supposed to be wearing a blue turban or something like that.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Silly headline from a silly source.

There will *not* be a coup in Saudi Arabia! The Saud family comes from the largest tribe. They are also the descendants of the prophet Muhammad's tribe. Furthermore, they are considered the "keepers" of Islam's two holiest shrines.

If there is a coup, it should likely happen in Iran......so don't hold your breath about a coup in Saudi Arabia.

edit on 18-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
reply to post by oozyism

Silly headline from a silly source.

There will *not* be a coup in Saudi Arabia! The Saud family comes from the largest tribe. They are also the descendants of the prophet Muhammad's tribe. Furthermore, they are considered the "keepers" of Islam's two holiest shrines.

If there is a coup, it should likely happen in Iran......so don't hold your breath about a coup in Saudi Arabia.

edit on 18-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

I heard the SA royal family had plans in case a speedy escape were neccessary..
It seems they don't share your faith...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

And where did you get your facts?

Or, do you just believe everything that you hear?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

lol, are you actually disagreeing or just ranting??
If I believed everthing I heard I would be one very confused individual....

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
You read it wrong. There is nothing indicating that the coup is EXTERIOR to the Saud family. There are enough of them, that they quite nicely span the range of all potential power and religious sects all by themselves.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

If I believed everthing I heard I would be one very confused individual....

I'm glad you recognize that.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well having lived there let me tell you whats going to happen before he dies you will see a massive roundup in Saudi Arabia of Al quida and Wahabi movement leaders, Theyll just disappear.The Saudi royal family is very effective at removing threats to there throne. But in talking with some friends there there very little threat of this happening.Keep in mind this is press tv an Iranian propaganda news outlet. Its the old Shia and Sunni battle been going on for centuries.Iran would love the Saudis to be destroyed and vice versa. Thats most of the problems still going on in Iraq these 2 are backing different horses causing alot of secular violence.

There could be an up side if true though it could actually lead to a more stable middle east just means that the United States needs to find a new oil supplier.There not even are number 1 supplier.We have countries like Russia whos goal is becoming a key partner of the United States. And With Canada refining shale oil 1000 barrels a day could be replaced easily.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Saudi Prince Turki bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud has warned the country's royal family to step down and flee before a military coup or a popular uprising overthrows the kingdom.

In a letter published by Wagze news agency on Tuesday, the Cairo-based prince warned Saudi Arabia's ruling family of a fate similar to that of Iraq's executed dictator Saddam Hussein and the ousted Iranian Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, calling on them to escape before people "cut off our heads in streets."

projectavalon.net...
edition.presstv.ir...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

The coup would probably be a military one and install a CIA backed dictator that brutally repressed the people and also made them grow drugs as well as produce oil. This country would be Israel's greatest ally and mysteriously become a nuclear power overnight. It would quickly blow all it's currency reserves and become heavily indebted to the IMF and most of it's internal infrastructure and resources would be owned by foreign corporations.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

It is not about the source, but the message. I will keep repeating until people realize.

PressTV is reporting someone else's claim.

And

Yes we know CIA has teached Saudi puppets to torture, and how to effectively murder thousands of suspects at once.

That is not the issue here, most of Muslims world wide is sick of Saudi puppets, and they believe it is a shame for Muslims world wide for Saudi Arabia to have a US puppet.

Saudi Arabians know this also, in the midst of chaos, the possibility of a coup is huge, and US is in no position to do anything, because it is getting raped in Afghanistan, and its economy has already been devestated due to internal theft.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
reply to post by sonjah1

The coup would probably be a military one and install a CIA backed dictator that brutally repressed the people and also made them grow drugs as well as produce oil. This country would be Israel's greatest ally and mysteriously become a nuclear power overnight. It would quickly blow all it's currency reserves and become heavily indebted to the IMF and most of it's internal infrastructure and resources would be owned by foreign corporations.

Good to see you understand the real idea of "developing" a country..
Developed countries MUST be in debt, or so it seems..
Even the ones rich in resources like us in Australia..

Money doesn't make the world go round, debt does..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I'm sorry.....Arabs needed to be taught to torture? Did you miss the part about with the people on hooks or something?

The average lifespan of a leader during the great Caliphate was like 4 years, before he was offed in some inter-cine coup. I really don't think that anyone there needs any encouragement. Left to their own devices, Islamic leaders and their families seem to do it all just fine if that's the goal.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Coups against the Saudis have been tried before...epic fails.

The Saud family is too powerful and has too many resources to be shaken.

There is no CIA angle. It is not in the best interest of the US to have an unstable K of SA --do you not think that they learned that from Iraq and Iran?

What do you think the US military base in Qatar is all about?

There may be family tensions for succession, but every cabinet member, every military leader, everybody of importance has the name bin Saud...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join