It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Coup may happen in Saudi Arabia'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Yes, quite a credible messenger quoted from inside the credible source. He was the offficial spokesperson for the Muslim Brotherhood.

www.csidonline.org...
edit on 19-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by oozyism

I'm sorry.....Arabs needed to be taught to torture? Did you miss the part about with the people on hooks or something?

The average lifespan of a leader during the great Caliphate was like 4 years, before he was offed in some inter-cine coup. I really don't think that anyone there needs any encouragement. Left to their own devices, Islamic leaders and their families seem to do it all just fine if that's the goal.

Go read about CIA and Egypt.

Effective torture, how to retrive information etc.

People don't just torture for no reason, they try to change people psychologically.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
reply to post by oozyism

Yes, quite a credible source quoted from inside the credible source. He was the offficial spokesperson for the Muslim Brotherhood.

Everyone and everything is not credible if it doesn't go your way right

Except Bush, Obama, NATO and other Western officials lol

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Everyone and everything is not credible if it doesn't go your way right

Except Bush, Obama, NATO and other Western officials lol

And just where was that stated? lol,,,

I thought we were talking about Saudi Arabia, not Bush, Obama, etc., have you lost your mind or are you kissing up because Ahmeddinenajad is monitoring your internet connections?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

And just where was that stated? lol,,,

I thought we were talking about Saudi Arabia, not Bush, Obama, etc., have you lost your mind or are you kissing up because Ahmeddinenajad is monitoring your internet connections?

Nope, I'm trying to figure out why the source is not credible?

And how does credibility effect the message?

1. The King is sick.

2. The King's replacement has cancer.

3. A prince warns his family of a popular uprising, or a coupe.

How does any of the above need a credible source?

They are all facts.

Have you lost it?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The messenger, The Muslim Brotherhood, is not credible because at one time or another, it has predicted the failure of almost Arab country...Syria, Jordan, Egypt, etc.

And speaking of puppet organizations, said Muslim Brotherhood was encouraged to be established by the British before they left the Arab countries to continue the policy of divide and conquer. A united Arab world was not in their (Brits) best interest.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Ah PressTV. This source has for some time been associated with the Iranian regime. Furthermore, the House of Saud has a shaky relationship with Iran and it's growing resurgence as a regional power. I take what PressTV reports with a grain of salt. However, their claims are not unfounded because it is widely known that the Saudi monarchy face threats within the kingdom from the Wahhabis and other militant groups. One of the major sticklers would be the Royal Family's close relationship with the US and other western powers.

I am fairly certain that if the crap hits the fan and there is a threat to the oil supply, the US would flood the country with military forces to lock up key infrastructure until more support can arrive. That is my shot in the dark. As some have said, there are military bases in Saudi Arabia, and there are still military forces in Iraq. As I see it, the US will never allow what happened in Iran with the Shah to happen in Saudi Arabia. It would send the world economy into a tailspin.

I am not saying a coup could not happen from fundamentalists, the military, or even disgruntle members of the Royal Family. Still, if some are seeing a scenario happen as was the case with Shah fleeing Iran with only the cloths on his back is simply not the case in regards to Saudi Arabia. Some drastic intervention will be taken in the event there is even a whiff of a possible coup. Now, the Saudi King is getting old and is in the US for medical treatment. As a result of this, I would be fairly certain that the Saudi security services would be at high alert during this period. A coup seems highly unlikely, because it would devastate the world economy. However, it is still a possibility in this crazy world of ours.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Here is why this is the bad timing.

What will US do, if a coup happens and an anti-US government is formed?

The chance is huge.

US troops and bases are heavily present in Saudi Arabia, so what would US do if an anti-US regime pops up? Will US risk going to another war? This time against Saudi Arabia, what will the consequence of such a war be?

Thoughts

From a link from OP quoted source

presstv.com...
Mohammad bin Nayef is becoming the ruler of Saudi Arabia as he is controlling the most critical sections of the kingdom, an analyst says.

“He is a prince in (the) shadows. Mohammad bin Nayef is now the real king of Saudi Arabia,” Ali al-Ahmed, Director of IGA (Institute for [Persian] Gulf Affairs) said in an interview with Press TV on Monday.

“He is in control of security forces and he has now been basically gaining more control of the country and even he is controlling his father (Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz),” who is currently in charge of the kingdom's affairs, the analyst further explained.

If this guy takes over, I don't think there would be much change in Saudi-US relations if he has in fact been running the affairs of the kingdom already. But I don't remember having read anything about Mohammad bin Nayef.

edit on 19-12-2010 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

The messenger, The Muslim Brotherhood, is not credible because at one time or another, it has predicted the failure of almost Arab country...Syria, Jordan, Egypt, etc.

And speaking of puppet organizations, said Muslim Brotherhood was encouraged to be established by the British before they left the Arab countries to continue the policy of divide and conquer. A united Arab world was not in their (Brits) best interest.

If you can't kill the message, kill the messenger lol:

1. The King is sick.

They are all facts.

Have you lost it?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Imagine that.
An Iranian Government Controlled news outlet spreading possible doom about Saudi Arabia.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

It is not about the source, but the message. I will keep repeating until people realize.

Hey did you guys hear that Ahmadinijad has rectal cancer?

See, I can do that too, doesnt matter what my source is, just matters the message......I guess it doesnt matter that the message could be completely false right?

Weve been telling you forever Ooz , having credible sources and back up to your claims DOES matter.......its EVERYTHING when trying to prove a point.........

PressTV is a mouthpiece for the iranian government..........this story probably holds as much water as a shotgunned paper sack.........

I find it strange how you use sources like that , for your posts, yet when people over in the US use one of their news sources, its just "American Propaganda"

So whats with the hypocrisy?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by oozyism

Imagine that.
An Iranian Government Controlled news outlet spreading possible doom about Saudi Arabia.

Funny, the same exact message applies to you:

1. The King is sick.

They are all facts.

Have you lost it?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash
Too bad they have so much oil over there. If they'd didn't we'd be nowhere near the place.

Well of course. Isn't that the smart thing to do? Use up all the other supplies of oil in the world and save your domestic supplies for a rainy day. It would be stupid to do anything different, except alternative energy of course.
edit on 19-12-2010 by nonnez because: To fix quote

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

oozy, plain and simple.

Since you seem to be an avid PressTV reader/viewer. When was the last time or first time for that matter that they have said anything critical or revealing about the Iranian Government? If you go to their web page and click on the middle east link you will see that about 60% of the stories they cover are about Israel or the US or both.

They never expose anything about the Iranian Government. It's a front ooz.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

oozy, plain and simple.

Since you seem to be an avid PressTV reader/viewer. When was the last time or first time for that matter that they have said anything critical or revealing about the Iranian Government? If you go to their web page and click on the middle east link you will see that about 60% of the stories they cover are about Israel or the US or both.

They never expose anything about the Iranian Government. It's a front ooz.

I know very much that PressTV has its own bias.

But I also know, the messenger doesn't effect the message.

I concentrate on the message rather than the messenger.

What is the point of even replying if you don't want to read, nor discuss the content of the Alternative News?

Are you saying a coup is not possible?

Hasn't the prince sent a warning already?

Isn't the King sick?

And doesn't the King's replacement have cancer?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

They never expose anything about the Iranian Government.

Well isn't that the Western Media's job?

Why do you need to go to PressTV to hear about Iran's dirt, when the rest of the media are already recycling the same old Iran is an opressive regime motto for years.

And i agree Iran is an opressive regime, but it's childs play compared to Saudi Arabia for example, and yet you see nothing about it by the same media outlets who are so outraged at Iran.

I wonder wich "get out of jail free card" SA has...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

I wonder wich "get out of jail free card" SA has...

That's an easy one..They do what the US/Israel ask them to do...

In exchange they get to stay filthy rich and treat their people like dogs..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The current royalty is pretty much the only reason that the US and Saudi-Arabia are "buddies".

If a new person or group takes control of the country with an anti-American agenda (and the vast majority of Saudi-Arabians most likely are), than the US could lose one of their most important oil and geo-political strategic buddies.

I hope it happens.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
The current royalty is pretty much the only reason that the US and Saudi-Arabia are "buddies".

If a new person or group takes control of the country with an anti-American agenda (and the vast majority of Saudi-Arabians most likely are), than the US could lose one of their most important oil and geo-political strategic buddies.

I hope it happens.

I would hope for it too if I lived in Canada, especially in Edmonton, Alberta.

All of that new money coming into Canada as it fully replaces Arabia.

We'll have to start calling the place Saudi Albertia.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i stead of spinning our wheels in afganistan or iraq we should have hit saudi arabia and did regime change there instead. they planned 911 ,they funded 911, there citizens attacked us on 911, there ambassadors were the only flight allowed to leave on 912,on 912 they had a nation telephone that raised 23 million dollars for the families of the hijackers. so if they have a coup i say good riddance to the faud royal line . and when we get attacked by them again maybe we will bring our righteous wraith down upon them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join