It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Coup may happen in Saudi Arabia'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This won't happen. In Saudia Arabia the whole country lives off subsidies from oil revenue. They all live like millionaires. Nobody really has a job and they bring in foreign workers to do the menial jobs.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
The current royalty is pretty much the only reason that the US and Saudi-Arabia are "buddies".

If a new person or group takes control of the country with an anti-American agenda (and the vast majority of Saudi-Arabians most likely are), than the US could lose one of their most important oil and geo-political strategic buddies.

I hope it happens.

People dont understand the Saudis at all with out western world no oil would leave Saudi Arabia and they know it. Most people dont realize there oil exploration and production is handled by companies not the Saudis. They just set back and collect checks.The Saudis dont do menial labor at all 1/3rd and by some estimates half of the workforce is foreign labor.

Saudi Arabia has such a young population - 45% are under 15. Most of today's foreign workers come from the Asian subcontinent, the Philippines and other Arab countries. Many of these people are employed in unskilled jobs traditionally shunned by Saudis.There other problem is they still dont allow women to work even though 80 percent of there college students are women they make up only 5 percent of there workforce.

So bottom line no matter who takes control would face the reality of either shutting down there oil and financial industries or continue to play the game and make bank! And guess what money all ways wins sad as that is.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

True but I consider PressTV about as unbiased as I do HAARETZ.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Good, that's your opinion, and i respect it.

I for One, believe that NO source is 100% unbiased, regardless on wich end of the spectrum it lands.

The only certainty is the Unknown.

trustno1

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

If you can't kill the message, kill the messenger lol:

Nope, I'm trying to figure out why the source is not credible?

And how does credibility effect the message?

1. The King is sick.

2. The King's replacement has cancer.

3. A prince warns his family of a popular uprising, or a coupe.

How does any of the above need a credible source?

They are all facts.

Have you lost it?

OK, Mr./Ms. Oozyism.

We will talk about the *message* only (from your favorite source).

In a letter published by Wagze news agency on Tuesday, the Cairo-based prince warned Saudi Arabia's ruling family of a fate similar to that of Iraq's executed dictator Saddam Hussein and the ousted Iranian Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, calling on them to escape before people "cut off our heads in streets."

Prince Turki is a member of the liberal Free Princes movement founded in the 1950s amid tensions between King Faisal and his brother King Saud, requesting the Saudi authorities to implement political reforms and set out a constitution.

The late King Faisal expelled members of the civil rights group to Egypt but later on pardoned them.

So the message indicates that Prince Turki still lives in Egypt, even though he is not required to do so...sounds strange to me; as if he has ulterior motives.

And from your same source, this *message*:

Saudi Arabia is one of the 55 countries that Iran has taken power in.

The true Islam began in Mecca, and the brother of the prophet Ali ran to Iran and started a new religion, taking the teachings of the prohet Mohammed but expanding it far beyond by allowing 11 Clerics to write it's holy words as if they were prophets themselves.

Those Clerics fulfilled the prophesies of a coming false prophet that would lead the world to destruction.

Well we are entering the end time battles and the Jews and Christians are not even a part of the battle, the final struggle will be between the 2 branches of Islam.

Iran is the ram that had it's horns tangled with the Bush...

Saudi Arabia is the white goat meant to ride in breaking the horns from the rams head allowing the world to finally move towards peace.

The Royal family must be protected from Iran...

I am calling every true Muslim to stand up for the guardians of Mecca...

Now do you see why Iranian media would spread propoganda?

Care to discuss?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

OK, funny you only addressed one point.

What happened to King being sick and his replacement having cancer?

By the way, ofcourse the prince who warned his family have an agenda. The agenda is to save his family's life, he probably knows they will be hanged like the USSR's puppet of Afghanistan from a barrel of a Tank

Why don't you tell us what agenda you are talking about lol

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I acknowledge those facts, but there are plenty of others who could provide appropriate succession; and to say, "Oh there is a big chance for a coup" as in your OP, is not supported by any source other than the "black sheep" Prince in Egypt.

By the way, ofcourse the prince who warned his family have an agenda. The agenda is to save his family's life, he probably knows they will be hanged like the USSR's puppet of Afghanistan from a barrel of a Tank

His ties to his "family" seem weak. He *appears* to be fear-mongering and stirring the pot, so that he can find a way to more power, perhaps?

As you are fond of saying, read, read, read--it's all in the message!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
reply to post by oozyism

I acknowledge those facts, but there are plenty of others who could provide appropriate succession; and to say, "Oh there is a big chance for a coup" as in your OP, is not supported by any source other than the "black sheep" Prince in Egypt.

It is great you acknowledge those facts. Is it OK to say that those facts could cause a coup? I mean the King has a huge family, and a huge number of princes.

His ties to his "family" seem weak. He *appears* to be fear-mongering and stirring the pot, so that he can find a way to more power, perhaps?

He is a prince, he looks like he knows what he is talking about. You look like have already made your mind up. No matter what, his words as a prince does make one think, how many more princes have the same mind set as him?

As you are fond of saying, read, read, read--it's all in the message!

so that he can find a way to more power, perhaps?

Your own words. Doesn't that means their could be a coup? Maybe the prince will set up a coup? What do you think? Based on your own words./

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by Monts
The current royalty is pretty much the only reason that the US and Saudi-Arabia are "buddies".

If a new person or group takes control of the country with an anti-American agenda (and the vast majority of Saudi-Arabians most likely are), than the US could lose one of their most important oil and geo-political strategic buddies.

I hope it happens.

I would hope for it too if I lived in Canada, especially in Edmonton, Alberta.

All of that new money coming into Canada as it fully replaces Arabia.

We'll have to start calling the place Saudi Albertia.

We already give the vast majority of our oil to the US...

In fact... most of the companies here in Alberta aren't even Canadian.

We already are Saudi Albertia

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by sonjah1

So it seems your saying theres no replacements for the crown prince?????????????????

The following surviving sons of Abdul Aziz Ibn Saud, ranked by age, are considered candidates following Crown Prince Sultan:
Nayef bin Abdul Aziz Second Deputy Premier, Sudairi Seven
Salman bin Abdul Aziz Governor of Riyadh, Sudairi Seven
Grandsons who appear to have the necessary support and experience to be considered candidates include:
Saud Al-Faisal, Foreign Minister
Khalid Al Faisal, Governor of Makkah Province
Turki Al Faisal, former Director of General Intelligence
Khalid bin Sultan, Deputy Defense Minister
Mishal bin Abdullah, Governor of Najran Province
Mutaib bin Abdullah, Commander of National Guard
Muhammad bin Nayef, Deputy Interior Minister
Muhammad bin Fahd, Governor of Eastern Province

Trust me the House of Saud has the ability to replace there king.
Do you realize there family controls everything? I am beginning to suspect everything you know about Saudi Arabis is from Iranian news outlets! In case you didnt know they dont like the Saudis.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Your own words. Doesn't that means their could be a coup? Maybe the prince will set up a coup? What do you think? Based on your own words./

As I have stated throughout the thread, I don't think there will be a coup.

However, if this particular prince chooses to align himself with Iran, or perhaps a radical faction such as The Muslim Brotherhood; thus continuing to betray the Saud family--perhaps he/they will *attempt*. But he is on records as saying such...so I'm sure the King and his loyal members have their eyes on him.

Now, you have ignored my post regarding why the Iranian media might be spreading propoganda on this issue. Can you provide your thoughts as to why?

And are you Mr. or Ms.?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
You read it wrong. There is nothing indicating that the coup is EXTERIOR to the Saud family. There are enough of them, that they quite nicely span the range of all potential power and religious sects all by themselves.

i disagree...a coup could be within the house of Saud...after all there are 1,000's of 'Princes'
all making out famously in the wealth areas.

the Saudi's give succor to most every sect of their religion...including the Whabbists' that grouped
together for 911 (unfounded rumor)...the Saudi also funded the early enterprises of Osama bin Laden...

the Saudi also buy & get granted Billions in missile defenses and cutting-edge Fighter aircrafts...
they would be the last leadership in a nation i would think of as 'in-danger'

look towards the elected of Pakistan to be the first coup...
but who knows?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

The following surviving sons of Abdul Aziz Ibn Saud, ranked by age, are considered candidates following Crown Prince Sultan:
Nayef bin Abdul Aziz Second Deputy Premier, Sudairi Seven
Salman bin Abdul Aziz Governor of Riyadh, Sudairi Seven
Grandsons who appear to have the necessary support and experience to be considered candidates include:
Saud Al-Faisal, Foreign Minister
Khalid Al Faisal, Governor of Makkah Province
Turki Al Faisal, former Director of General Intelligence
Khalid bin Sultan, Deputy Defense Minister
Mishal bin Abdullah, Governor of Najran Province
Mutaib bin Abdullah, Commander of National Guard
Muhammad bin Nayef, Deputy Interior Minister
Muhammad bin Fahd, Governor of Eastern Province

That's where the idea of coup comes.

If the replacement, who has cancer is weak, there might be a coup.

You have no idea how this works do you?

Power dude, humans wants more power.

Sons have killed their own dads to get to power (in kingdoms.)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I'm Mr.

The brutal policies of the Saudi regime has caused much hate for it, not just in Saudi Arabia, but through out the Muslim world, calling them US puppets etc.

If a coup has the backing of the people, the Saudi Royal will be left helpless. That is why I suspect US troops are there.

But

Are US troops willing to fight? Will US be willing to destabilize the world's largest oil producer?

There is huge support for an uprising against the Royals in and outside Saudi Arabia.

This is evident.

Not governmental support, but people support.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The brutal policies of the Saudi regime has caused much hate for it, not just in Saudi Arabia, but through out the Muslim world, calling them US puppets etc.

Funny, the Saudi university students that I know who are studying here in the US are quite happy that the Kingdom (you say, regime) is paying for their education and much more. They are living better than the bulk of the domestic college students here.

There is huge support for an uprising against the Royals in and outside Saudi Arabia.

Source, please. Other than Iranian, please.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Same source as yours, the University students in NZ.

Don't put yourself in the corner.

Thousands of people haven't been arrested for no reason you know.
uk.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Thousands of people haven't been arrested for no reason you know.
uk.reuters.com...

Many Arab countries do this because of terrorism. I'm sure they have reasons/surveilance for arresting them.

At least they are not arresting innocent hikers and then releasing them for money!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Case Closed :shk:

Thanks for the discussion

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by oozyism
If you can't kill the message, kill the messenger lol:

Nope, I'm trying to figure out why the source is not credible?

And how does credibility effect the message?

oozy, plain and simple.

Since you seem to be an avid PressTV reader/viewer. When was the last time or first time for that matter that they have said anything critical or revealing about the Iranian Government? If you go to their web page and click on the middle east link you will see that about 60% of the stories they cover are about Israel or the US or both.

They never expose anything about the Iranian Government. It's a front ooz.

Rather like the US MSM, then.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Rather like the US MSM, then.

YES and At least I can admit it.

Can many Iranian apologists say the same thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join