It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martin Luther King Womanizer? Plariarist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
before i start i want to you to know im not a hater and im not a racist if it weren't for king i wouldnt have the same rights as everyone else or probably even be here. Martin luther king. is the only american to be honoured by an annual US national holiday held in his name every year. He's known as a national hero and icon of freedom and justice, and its been growing ever since his death. Given how elements of the FBI tried to destroy and discredit king while he was alive, there is a natural assumption that any negative accusations about him must be fake. However, behind this heroic icon many people beleave that he has two if not more dark secrets in his life, that many still deny to this very day. since the FBI was afraid that MLK was a communist, wiretaps were made on him. While J. edgar hoover after hundreds of hours of surveillance could not prove king was a red, they provide ample evidence that he was a serial womanizer and that he regularly used money coming in to his civil rights organization to hire prostitutes. a journalist named carl rowen described how hoover played a tape they had when they were wiretapping him of king and his close friend ralph albernathy holding a sex party in a hotel to a congressional comitee. in the tape mlk could be heard having sex with two women and making comments like "im #ing for god!". in 1990 reasearcher theodore pappas discovered that MLK had plagiarized more than a third of his docteral thesis from the work of an earlier student. king had even repeated the students errors. the plagerism continued after he had been falsely awarded his docterate many of his famous civil rights speeches and papers were heavily plagerized and the rousing end of his "i have a dream" speech was stolen directly from a 1950s speechmade by a black preacher named archibald carey. but i bealeave the biggest truth anout him is that he preached racial equality, tolerance, endurance, and peace in a time of massive injustice, extreme hatred and violence. no plagerism or predilection for prostitutes can deny the reality that voice and resistance to prejudice helped bring about the landmark civil reoghts, legislation that america still benifits from to this very day.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I like this saying from Batman the animated series. Rupert Thorne quipped:

The brighter the picture, the darker the negative.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
oh yes he was very much a womanizer
second line.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think it's been well established that he wasn't a saint and did some "bad" things. That only makes him human, no different than JFK who so many here seem to idolize. He was still a leader and a brave man, and as such deserves respect.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

and a well noted anti semite well all have flaws i am not taking anythin away from this man but we all have predjudices some are just hidden

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

I am surprised to hear this about MLK. If he likes his woman so be it... he still did a lot of good in a really bad time.

As for JFK, are you calling him an anti semite for publicly denouncing Israeli nuclear ambitions and spying on the USA? I am curious, could you please provide some sources of him being anti semite? I will search as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

really sorry not JFK but martin luther king

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Oh I see, no worries. I won't go on about this out of respect for the OP so we can keep this tread on their original topic. I also never heard of the plagerism aspect before. It seems that every person that does any good gets publicly humiliated, killed, or both.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

the dudes dead we cant question his intentions its just well known and i find it highly cynical personally because for the black movement he done wonders, great but hes kinda a racist too so pot kettle??

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Well I was just wondering where you heard he was a racist. I heard he had a dream, that we could all get along. If I am wrong please correct me. You called him an anti semite and I was wondering where you heard this from. That is all, I would still like to know if you do not mind answering.

You say it is well known and I am not in the know, figured maybe you can enlighten me.

Thanks in advance.
edit on 17-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: correction

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

from wiki. Luther became strongly Antisemitic, writing that Jewish homes should be destroyed, their synagogues burned, money confiscated and liberty curtailed. These statements have made Luther a controversial figure among many historians and religious scholars

no pride in this hun

as long as every day you learn something then everyday yo will be a better person
edit on 17-12-2010 by nonetruegod because: (no reason given)

DEAD and i believe corrected
edit on 17-12-2010 by nonetruegod because: all good things come to an end

edit on 17-12-2010 by nonetruegod because: (no reason given)

top topics

join