It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans----> You're FAT!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Yes, fat people are an easy target, whatever makes you feel more superior.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
Also look at The Biggest Loser. Look at some of the transformations those guys make.
edit on 18-12-2010 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

You also have to look at the amount of weight they lose week to week. It is a completely unhealthy way to lose it, and if you watch follow ups, the guy who won a few years ago is right back to his big fat self.

I also don't agree with the humiliating tactics that they use on that show. All it's saying is: let's make fun of fat people like circus freaks for the other couch potato Americans' pleasure.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

HCG? really?!..

I was scared to try that....that is losing the weight too fast!! and fast may feel good, but the body cannot normally deal with all the toxins released!

How did you manage? How long ago has it been and for how long did you take it? detail details..please!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Have you discovered cooking with and eating coconut oil/cream?

It is excellent for energy production, digestion and insulin production!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Ok you win most of the people in America who are fat eat right, they exercise. When they go to the buffet they only eat two small plates.

They are just fat cause they are destined to be. Nothng they do or no way they eat can change that.

better?

PS glad i didnt believe that or id be fat. My dad has a big ole beer belly, all of his brothers do. He has 6 brothers all over 220 lbs

When i dont exercise and eat right i start to look like them, yes I have their genetics!!! Difference is i do something about it. Ill never be as ripped as LL Cool J but i look damned good compared to the average male.

So maybe im the 1 in a million who can look decent despite genetics to a predisposed beer belly
even at 37 years old.
You play the cards you were dealt.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Why exactly should we care what anyone else chooses to do, especially if it doesn't affect us? I used to be against so-called "fat" people and then I had to ponder the source of my animosity. So what if there are fat people? They should be able to be just as fat as they want, so long as their fatness doesn't directly affect me.

Sure, some are having a problem with it because we as tax-payers are being forced to pay for their medical bills, though there are some problems with that notion. For one, many fat people pay their own medical bills or insurence premiums. Second, we should find fault with the government for such a policy, not the fat people.

Then there are issues of having to sit next to these people on modes of transport, such as commercial flights but again, that issue should be taken up with the airline, not the fat people themselves. Well okay, I give in, maybe we can blame the fat people a little, though the majority of that blame should go the policy setters.

Being perturbed by someone who is fat is the same as being perturbed by someone who isn't Christian or someone who dresses thuggish. The point being, that if someone wants to be fat, then it should be none of our business, in the same way that it shouldn;t be any of our business if someone wants to worship the devil or dress funny. It's called liberty and without liberty, we do not have freedom.

--airspoon

link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
There is hope for the USA. And it is what I am standing on.

Diet plays a massive part but most people also fall down in the exercise department. Over here in N.Z. we have people over 180kg using these devices ( they take up to 300kg ) I am a mortician and designed them for worse case scenario.

I have put my own money to get them into lower socio-economic areas. Overseen by a Doctor specializing in obesity. Early days yet but so far good results.

Diet doesn't do much when you don't look into the chemicals IN the food. MSG, High Fructose Corn Syrup and many others contribute greatly to weight gain. It has been found that high fructose corn syrup when ingested turns straight into fat as the metabolism of the body can not process it, so it turns to fat. It is in almost everyhting in various quantities. I look at every label and demand NO MSG if I eat out with the wife and kids. We drink Mona Vie every day and buy from local farmers who do not use hormones or GMO seeds. The don;t believe in organic and grow in greenhouses to keep the bugs away. Simple really and very easy to do.

link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
There is hope for the USA. And it is what I am standing on.

Diet plays a massive part but most people also fall down in the exercise department. Over here in N.Z. we have people over 180kg using these devices ( they take up to 300kg ) I am a mortician and designed them for worse case scenario.

I have put my own money to get them into lower socio-economic areas. Overseen by a Doctor specializing in obesity. Early days yet but so far good results.

Diet doesn't do much when you don't look into the chemicals IN the food. MSG, High Fructose Corn Syrup and many others contribute greatly to weight gain. It has been found that high fructose corn syrup when ingested turns straight into fat as the metabolism of the body can not process it, so it turns to fat. It is in almost everyhting in various quantities. I look at every label and demand NO MSG if I eat out with the wife and kids. We drink Mona Vie every day and buy from local farmers who do not use hormones or GMO seeds. The don;t believe in organic and grow in greenhouses to keep the bugs away. Simple really and very easy to do.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

True but say your fat cause you choose to be dont lie and say its cause you cant be healthier

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

I need to apologize to you for a very rude and i`ll mannered post from yesterday.
I said..." You are judgemental and a religous nut" I was way out of line and disrespected you to the highest level, for this I humbly apologize.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
wow, another anti-American thread. Another thread jumping on another bandwagon targeting the easiest thing possible. How original.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

True but say your fat cause you choose to be dont lie and say you its cause you cant be healthier

What do you care of the reason that anyone would think or say that they are fat? If someone chooses to be fat, then that is their choice, in the same way that someone would choose to worship a particular god, or refrain from worshipping any god.

In other words, people shouldn't have to give you or I any excuse as to why they would make such a choice. It's none of our business.

You know, several years ago, before I started subscribing to the teachings of Hayek and Mises or the Austrian school of economics, I also had a problem with people being fat, though mainly because it indirectly affected me, whether it be through tax-money or a squenched seat on the airplane. However, that was misplaced blame and oddly enough, it fed right into the problems of a system that is the anti-thesis of liberty and instead forces the will of some, on others.

Again, someone's choice should matter not to anyone else, when that choice doesn't directly affect them and the mistake of placing blame on the wrong entity, only makes things worse. If being fat isn't an uncontrollable medical condition, then it is a choice (which is the majority of the case), a choice that rarely, if ever, directly affects anyone else.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by airspoon

True but say your fat cause you choose to be dont lie and say you its cause you cant be healthier

But ker2010, what some of you aren't understanding is that someone can be overweight and healthy at the same time. I am proof of that. Am I going to run a marathon any time soon? Nope. Don't want to, don't need to. But could I hold my own in a situation where I need to defend myself or someone else? Yup. Weight training does wonders to physical strength.

Like I stated before, my BP, cholesterol, heart function, etc. are all normal and within acceptable parameters, which really baffles the hell outta my GP. I have a history of type II Diabetes in my family. You think I would be afflicted with that? Nope. Will I ever? Probably not. Most of my family members afflicted with it started getting it at the age of 20 or earlier. I've dodged that bullet for a number of years now. Will it catch up to me? I have no idea. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I'm probably the exception to a lot of "rules" about overweight people, and there are many that are my weight that look like complete blobs. I'm glad I don't, and I'm glad that my heritage has helped me in that respect.

Anyway, I'm done for real this time. Going out sledding for some "physical activity" for the day.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Comical that we are the head runners in the Olympics all the time. Suppose it goes to show our small percent of healthy people are still stronger then most of the world... funny how that works.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

haha awesome thread. when i was 18 just out of highschool i weighed 298 pounds i guess you could just say 300!!! I was in denial about my weight all through my life untill i got out of highschool then i happend to have somewhat of an epiphany one of my close friends was a weight lifter and really good at picking diets and supplement routine i asked him for help and he became my personal trainer for 8 months. in those 8 months i went from 298poundss down to 210. then he moved away and we did before pictures before i started my program and i looked at it and cried a little at how happy i was of myself to lose so much weight and he wrote me a chart for the next 3 months and in the next 1.5 month i had dropped my weight down to 175 and that is where i stopped i am 6feet 3 inches tall. i no longer work out and i am now back to 205 my doctor said he would like to see me lose about 20 pounds and he said that 1 week ago and i have now restarted to lose weight. I love those R Lee Emery pics from full metal jacket i have to say that guy is my freakin hero he is awesome!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Great post, at least i'm not the only one that thinks this way.

The ex was quite big, and it caused many problems, no not because i was judgmental, but because she could not admit that she was fat.

I''m the type you ask or say something i'm going to give you a honest response, no sugar coating it.

One time that sticks out, she put on a outfit, and asked if it made her look fat, my response was, Hmmm i don't know, take your clothes off, and stand in front of a mirror, do you look fat then?

Needless to say that didn't go over well, One of the other major ones was in your post.. Big boned.. That is the largest cop out i have ever known... She tried that on me once.. my reply was 'really you have bones in your A$$ cheeks' .

I fully agree with your post, take responsibility for who you are, you made your self this way, either accept it or change it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation

You can't categorize an entire country for others lack of self respect. I'm 39, in shape and excersize daily. You may want to check out the rest of the globe. These countries aren't off by far but mere points.

Behold: The world's 10 Fattest Countries

In countries around the world, waistlines are expanding so rapidly that health experts recently coined a term for the epidemic:GLOBESITY.

By Laurie Cunningham — Special to Global Post
Published: November 25, 2009

1) American Samoa, 93.5 percent (of population that's overweight)
2) Kiribati, 81.5 percent
3) U.S., 66.7 percent
4) Germany, 66.5 percent
5) Egypt, 66 percent
6) Bosnia-Herzegovina, 62.9 percent
7) New Zealand, 62.7 percent
8) Israel, 61.9 percent
9) Croatia, 61.4 percent
10) United Kingdom, 61 percent

(Other countries to look out for: Australia, Chile, Mexico)

I singled out the US becuase it's my country and fellow countrymen who I have to deal with most of the time.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Dioxins are put into body fat as your body tries to get them away from organs:

www.environment.gov.au/settlements/chemicals/dioxins/factsheet3.html

EPA test showing US Pork has more dioxins than pigs in Europe:

www.epa.gov/ncea/pdfs/pork.pdf

Bioaccumulation- when pollutants build up in organisms

Pig eats grass/corn with pcb's/dioxins...pig ends up with X amount of dioxins.
You eat 100 pigs and end up with 100 times X in your body.

Pollution is worse in the top of the food chain--humans--. From eating polluted chickens, pigs, beef, vegetables.

We accumulated all those animals dioxins. That's why Americans are fat. Our food is the worst in the world due to our polluted environment.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
To all the threads detractors this is nothing more than a comical reality check.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Of course there is a problem,god bless her she is my sister after all,but you have to be immensely irresponsible and selfish to shove all that # in yourself everyday.She is very educated and has highly paid job so she know is not exactly ignorant to the dangers of morbid obesity.From what i have seen so far it's easier to overcome heroin addiction than food addiction.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join