It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans----> You're FAT!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This amused me and inspired me. I myself am over weight but I'm lucky I have a pretty face! For me to lose weight i have to basically starve myself, thats why i am still over weight. I am actually going to enter into the Biggest Loser! When I have someone in front of me yelling in my face "Don't you dare stop running on that mudafukin treadmill!" It motivates me to keep going. lol

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Fat people are a beacon of "Consumerism"
They are environmentally bad for the Earth on many levels.

Brainwashing the Fat people is easy.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Last time I checked, obesity wasn't nation exclusive.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
A short story to show you its not all genetics...

I have been lean all my life, good genetics. And while doing experiments on machines I design for weight loss I went down to 11% ( BCA tests ) . Because I am mortician that deal among other things with infectious cases, decided to get deliberate exposure to Swine Flu . This will give me natural immunity for life as opposed to limited immunity from injection. ( I also do not trust most drug companies )

My Doctor said no because I had no extra body fat to help my body fight it off. So he recommended I add an extra meal to my day, and reduce my exercise.

I added in a big morning tea and went down to only 2 workouts a week ( usually every second day @ 10 mins )

I put on 1- 2% body fat per month . I was soon up to 22% body fat. And it certainly did not feel like I was overeating, it was scary how fast it went on. I also started to feel sluggish and sleepy, and developed a back problem.

After the flu I simply reversed my eating and exercise habits and it came off in exactly the same order it went on in. But I have no doubt now I could be well above 33% body fat with only two years of putting in only minimal effort.

Imagine if I put in zero effort ? I could be the size of a house in no time.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Jeez you said the magic word Army lol everytime I was oversees I came back home grossley under weight my last deployment to Iraq wasnt so bad as I was doing a different task but my one before that in ramadi and the one before that I went over weighing between 180-188 and came back around 135 both times and I was never even close to being fat i always had a first class PFT ranging between 280's and high 290's in the corp. The USMC infantry will most definatley 110% kick your ass don't be the one to ask for more chow, problem is, is when you carry it on your back you think twice about them skittles.

cheers, stay thirsty my friends

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I would like to rescind my prior post, and in no way make it appear as if I am trying to hurt the overweight. I thought about this a lil bit, and I do understand the op made this thread as a joke, but I have met quite a number of people with such low self esteem, I am concerned. It is not America you are fat, it is America your unhealthy. As I stated I would never try to insult or hurt anyone's feeling out here in 4d world but I will not admire either such a definition of an instinct to try to be something you are not as well. So in essence I do regret sounding so much better, their is a quality in the human mind, even if it is half witted..

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
WOW, this thread really took off. Nicely put, slayer.

If I could retort, however...

How does a boot camp/peer pressure/calling someone lazy help those people that are genuinely trying to lose fat but fall short every time? Whose fault is it then?

Slayer, don't ever think obese people are fat because they're lazy, complacent and have no self-control. It's not a psychological issue of "Put down the fork" or "get off your lazy ass and hit the pavement". Obesity is almost entirely, in most cases, a physiological issue.

Ask the average obese patient how many diets they've tried and they'll probably say, "So many, I can't even remember..." They've probably tried all kinds of exercises. Exercise can help if done correctly, but obesity isn't caused by a lack of exercise.

Until nutritionists and doctors and personal trainers realize WHY people get fat, they'll just keep giving horrible advice to suffering individuals that get told they're lazy fat-asses...further damaging a broken self-esteem which undoubtedly leads to more fat gain. It's not fair.

So, while I agree with the message you're sending, slayer, it's not fair to assume that it's a simple phsychological problem to fix, insinuating fat people are weak minded.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Maybe you should have waited with this thread until after the holidays? I was planning to gain 5 kilos eating german sweets and then starve myself in January... Now I suddenly lost my appetite for chocolate
Thanks a lot.

Well it's not just Americans. It's everywhere, sadly. I saw plenty of obese kids here in Germany munching on chocolate bars. I can't imagine what their parents are thinking. Reminds me of Wall-E, I can imagine that we're heading there...

Another thing that I noticed: the poorer the neighbourhood the more obese people on the streets. The more educated the environment, the less fat people. You walk in a university, there are literally no fat people.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
see im fat but im doing stuff to fix it i was 6'2 310lb in the beginning of the summer now im down to 263 and the only thing i do is watch what i eat n exercise i owe all of my weight loss to wiifit lol it really did help lol

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I live in the U.S. and I'm not fat. I travel the world for a living and let me tell you, everyone's fat!
So what's the point of this stupid thread?????

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You did make one mistake in your post you mentioned Subway and we all know that sexy son of a b###h Jared S. Fogle lost tons of weight eating at Subway so touche my friend...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
reply to post by Chai_An

I need to apologize to you for a very rude and i`ll mannered post from yesterday.
I said..." You are judgemental and a religous nut" I was way out of line and disrespected you to the highest level, for this I humbly apologize.

I accept your apology in the spirit in which it was given.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think some things needs to be cleared up.......

(1) You only need to exercise for weight control, if you over-eat. And considering most of us over-eat, because food is cheap and plentiful, exercise is the price we pay.

Go back 50 years and see what the average person weighed . Food was quite expensive and big meals only happened once a week on a Sunday. What we think of as a regular meal nowadays was literally a feast for them.

(2) You eat to your lifestyle and basic metabolic rate. You never compare yourself to someone else, that's as daft as comparing fingerprints.

(3) Not a single person failed to lose weight in the concentration camps in Europe. All different ages, races and genetic backgrounds. No reports of one person "just failing to lose weight" was ever recorded to my knowledge.

Out of how many deaths. 6 million +

Now I am not saying people should stave themselves, it is just very apparent that anybody saying that excess calories has nothing to do with being overweight, are clearly wrong based on a history of evidence.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar

You did make one mistake in your post you mentioned Subway and we all know that sexy son of a b###h Jared S. Fogle lost tons of weight eating at Subway so touche my friend...

Well SEXY wasnt part of the topic.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
One thing i really really hate is this: there is this chick at my school, and she like a whale.
Shes always making fun of me for being a little skinny (though perfectly healthy) and when i called her fat people were like ohhh thats so mean you shouldnt say that

WHAT THE F?? She shouldnt be so fat and she shouldnt be such a hypocrite/

I hate when fat people make retarded excuses for being fat, i hate when they get upset when someone tells them the truth and i hate it when theyre hypocrites
Good post S&F

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
I think some things needs to be cleared up.......

(1) You only need to exercise for weight control, if you over-eat. And considering most of us over-eat, because food is cheap and plentiful, exercise is the price we pay.

I understand your point. Yes this may be the case for some.

Go back 50 years and see what the average person weighed . Food was quite expensive and big meals only happened once a week on a Sunday. What we think of as a regular meal nowadays was literally a feast for them.

Funny you should say that. My family have always been farmers here in Texas and Louisiana. Big meals were everyday. They ate things called harmful today such as butter, rich cakes, lard, coconut oil, palm oil, fatty meats, smoked meats for long winter months, cannings of their summer harvests of veggies and fruits. My family never had illnesses and obesity until members moved to the city and stopped eating that way. Country family members are just as healthy as the forefathers because they are still eating those so-called heavy unhealthy meals and are healthy and good spirited. I recommend people look at their family's histories and trace back when illnesses and obesity entered the picture they would be surprised how their ancestors ate.

(2) You eat to your lifestyle and basic metabolic rate. You never compare yourself to someone else, that's as daft as comparing fingerprints.

Again I understand your point. However, if you read a majority of the post on this thread this is what that's being spouted, "if I did it everybody can do it, otherwise they're just lazy" comments. People are talking about their journeys, while most folks can be congratulated for their efforts thinking their program is a one size fit all is the problem.

(3) Not a single person failed to lose weight in the concentration camps in Europe. All different ages, races and genetic backgrounds. No reports of one person "just failing to lose weight" was ever recorded to my knowledge.

Yes but you fail to realize once those people who had been starved in the concentration camps finally started eating proper meals they gained back their weight plus some in many cases due to their bodies being in starvation mode for an extended period.

Now I am not saying people should stave themselves, it is just very apparent that anybody saying that excess calories has nothing to do with being overweight, are clearly wrong based on a history of evidence.

Obesity and just being overweight is not always a matter of cutting caloric intake or working out. If a person has adrenal exhaustion working out is not good for them until their endocrine system is in balance. Stressful living is one of the causes for adrenal exhaustion.

For some people they are tired of hearing excuses as to why some don't lose weight but unfortunately reality is not as clear cut as we may think.
edit on 18-12-2010 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
S&F!!

The most hilarious and factual thread ever started on ATS!

But Slayer, you forgot to mention that Americans are lazy! Americans wouldn't have this fat problem if they'd at least exercise!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
yup, I'm overweight. according to the VA I'm morbidly obese. There are so many things in this world that can kill us. If my heart, kidneys, or whatever does me in oh well. I'm a fat fat fatty fat fat lard *** but I don't mind, I'm happy. I can still see "my junk" so it's all good. The only point I have with this post, is that I want that pink Klingons Email

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The cause of obesity in America is very easy to pinpoint. As a non-American who has been to the US a number of times, I can say that the food serving in the US is simply enormous! One serving there is equivalent to my three meals! That is just too much calories taken to the body in one eating. If Americans can only eat less than usual, then obesity will surely go down dramatically. Of course, try to eat real foods during meal times and not just fast foods all the time.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Hahahaha.
Check it.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join