It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans----> You're FAT!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+111 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

To all you non Americans please feel free to read along
While I have a few words with my country folk..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e64d829f437.jpg[/atsimg]
No, this isn't going to be directed at all of you...

If you are in denial about your weight problem or are happy being fat and don't care to be criticized then you had better continue shoveling whatever it is you're eating into your pie hole at the moment and just click out of this thread! NOW!

If you're fat due to medicine that is required for life sustaining purposes. Then you are exempt from the following. If you're fat because of depression due to a recent close family member or loved one passing or anything equally as distressing, then you are exempt from the following as well. BUT I HAVE MY EYE ON YOU!

You Are a disgusting FAT-BODY America!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1374065e3a0b.jpg[/atsimg]

You aint "BIG BONED" You're FAT!

You don't have a "Gland Problem" You're FAT!

Guys, stand straight up and then look straight down. Can you see your junk?

No?

You're FAT!

Ladies, Do you need a shoe horn to get in and out of those jeans?

Yes?

You're FAT!

Obese Americans will die earlier than healthier peers, study says

The researchers said that obese Americans are now two thirds of the U.S. population and half of the people in developed nations are either overweight or obese. Other studies have linked obesity with earlier deaths but this study is the first to include overweight people and their own risk for dying.

This is directed at those individuals who are IN denial and have kept reading this as well as those who know they are fat and want to do something about it.

To those who are in denial....

With your Jimmy Dean pork linked sausage looking fingered hands push yourself away from the keyboard, stand up and then roll your fat butts over to the bathroom scale and weigh yourselves. Go on....

I'll wait here.....

Well?

Did you like what you saw?

Could you even see the scale?

No?

You're FAT!

Well what are you going to do about it? Look at your desk. Go on, Look at it! Are there any fast food wrappers on it? Any junk food wrappers or any pop cans? [Yes Diet too]

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
LMAOI!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Very funny stuff.

I myself am pretty damn fat but at least I admit it

Something needs to be done about it but obesity education, much like drug education, seems to just create educated abusers. I think it all should start with parents passing on healthy eating habits and lifestyles to the kids, in just a few generations we could have this problem licked... Eww... licking and fat people don't belong in the same sentence

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Laughing so hard I think I woke my granny ! LOL

It is true though. People should take some responsibility for their own well being.

Still.... Rolling on the floor here...

:Tell you something... I also use food places when I point someone to a certian place lol.
I love eating and food. and you know I'm not even fat Maybe a little over weight but that is speculative.

Nice wake up call.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Slayer,i have come to expect some freaky stuff from you,but that was totally random !

There was moistness..

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Tired of being fat? Join the NBA! National Belemic Association

Belemics united, "the urge to purge"

edit on 17-12-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
link   
Eat up

edit on 17-12-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

link   
There is hope for the USA. And it is what I am standing on.

Diet plays a massive part but most people also fall down in the exercise department. Over here in N.Z. we have people over 180kg using these devices ( they take up to 300kg ) I am a mortician and designed them for worse case scenario.

I have put my own money to get them into lower socio-economic areas. Overseen by a Doctor specializing in obesity. Early days yet but so far good results.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
LOFFLE
I JUST WEE'D MY PANT'S
:lol

Oh that was fantastic
, and you make a good point, I'm not American, but I could definatley lose some pounds.

The problem with the statistics though (in europe anyway) is that if your even a few pounds over their idea of the perfect weight, then you are classed as obese, and that is just wrong!

But yeah, less junk food, more exercise (and bedroom olympics
).

God i'm still crying // laughing, i'm gonna go watch full metal jacket!

CHEERS!! and merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Some people might envy me. I can eat anything I want and never gain weight.
Obesity is costing the medical system and the economy of the US many billions annually.
Why is it such a problem?
I think food is how many Americans deal with their depression. They know the system is screwed and aren't brave enough to do anything about it. They know their job is a dead end and will be replaced by foreign labor or machines.
We are constantly told how irrelevant we are, how easily we can replaced, how meaningless our lives are.
And the TV keeps showing you endless commercials of food that can take your mind off your pain for a little while.
Food keeps us social, so we eat to be around others.
Fact is, food is TOO EASY.

A survival weekend of foraging for 100% of what you eat will give you a new perspective, pronto.

I don't think the government should be butting in and telling us what to eat or not eat but they do have a role to fill in helping children establish healthy eating habits.

Our obesity is one more sign of our detachment from the natural world.

To those fighting obesity I wish you good luck and strength, the only thing to be ashamed of is not trying.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Whew for once I'm not in the target demographic
But seriously why is it that so many excuses are given for the reasons why Americans are fat? I'm from a Italian family and it's not like I don't eat! With the holidays also comes homemade X-mas cookies that are so good they will probably be illegal next year! But being a reasonably healthy male in my mid thirties means I get the fun winter exercise, I.E. shoveling snow, carrying the crates of x-mas decorations and so on. I find it somewhat sad that those who can take steps to deal with weight issues would rather try some ridiculous fad diet rather then watch what they eat and get off their seats and exert themselves. But on the other hand I'm worried by how many people need the ptb to tell them how to live their lives
Are we really becoming drones?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Anything over 33% body fat and you are clinically obese.

When it starts effecting your health ( type 2 diabetes etc.. ) you are morbidly obese.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The clincher, and the real problem imo, is the epidemic of diabetes. I think this is the true cause, which leads to a basic destruction of a person's metabolism and thyroid functions, etc. Causing inevitable obesity. Of course not all people get this way, but I think a family history of thyroid problems coupled with diabetic risk, will tip someone over the scale more than others.

Seriously, everyone is diabetic today. From Miley Cyrus and the Jonas brothers, to Halle Berry and Jim next-door. Even children, that should not have diabetes for any reason, with no family history, develop an insulin dependency. I think I'm starting to develop an insulin dependency myself, and will have to visit a doctor soon to make sure. I should really have no reason to have diabetes, which is frightening, as I am not fat and I'm one of those uber-paranoid people against HFCS, aspartame and junk-food etc.

This is the root problem.

A lot of people are diabetic and don't even know it. An estimated 20+ million or so, and easily more. When you become insulin dependent, or have diabetic symptoms, your appetite and metabolism begin to change for the worse.
edit on 17-12-2010 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
A star, and flag, from a Canadian.

Not being American, but living in the States most of the year, I will abstain from commenting on the disgraceful responses to your post.

Americans, actually think this is something to make fun of????

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm not fat.

I'm just big boned.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CerBeRus666
Americans, actually think this is something to make fun of????

Contrary to internet pop culture voodoo conspiracy opinions.
Americans can and do make fun of themselves.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Epic thread Slayer. I hope some people can follow these examples and start losing weight today. When I got out of the army after being in Iraq for a year, I was a disgusting fat body, but now that im out and at home I have been losing weight and feel a lot healthier. I use to weight 225 now I weight 208 thanks to careful eating and exercise. $&F.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm pretty slim, but that is no thanks to the mainstream. I feel really bad for Americans because they have been so abused by the system and turned into fat pigs by medications and fast foods. Not only that, the American Heart Association and other bogus groups promote an unhealthy high carb diet. Even if you try to eat "right", it's probably wrong. Not to mention fluoride and aspartame... In addition, the FDA has made any truly effective weight loss methods illegal or off-label.

Obesity was cured in the 1950s by Dr. Simeons, who used small amounts of hCG to achieve startling and sustainable weight loss in adults. His protocol, "Pounds and Inches", can be found for free on the web. Drs. who help patients follow this diet risk ostracism and have lost their license. Fortunately, hCG is easy to get from India (for now). Thousands of people have successfully lost weight and kept it off. It works for virtually everyone. Once you get your weight down, adequate rest, light exercise and a lowish carb lifestyle is all you need to stay slim.

Wake up, peeps! There is a conspiracy to MAKE you fat and KEEP you fat! It's criminal ...

Anyhow, the good news is that you don't have to be

edit on 17-12-2010 by GirlGenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That was a good one, Slayer.
Thanks, needed the laugh in the midst of this holiday madness where cookies, candies and cakes are everywhere! Oh, gotta go bake the rest of my Spritz cookies with extra cream cheese frosting and sprinkles....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
No such thing as big boned. When you strip down an obese person in a autopsy. The skeleton is the same size as everyone else's.

Even someone who is 300kg.

Using a Body Composition Analyzer is the ONLY way to have the truth put down in front of you. No old wives myths or opinions count with those things. They separate mineral bone mass , fluid, muscle fat etc...

" You want to know the truth, you cant handle the truth "

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join