It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexist Female Oppression? Cleavage In The Workplace

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

(Scrotum, a sentence containg that word can never be not hillarious)

Having worked in professional environments my entire career I can say that there really is no place for cleavage in such an environment.The tired argument of nothing fits is so outdated, there are so many stores that cater specificlly to larger figures, or with a simple sewing machine you can alter any garment to fit correctly.

At work i wore an average office shirt/skirt combo,and I still got so much unwanted attention from male clients.Marriage proposals, someone brought in a freakin guitar to sing me a terrible love song, unwanted offers for dinner never ended,unwanted gifts, and guess what I did not show cleavage,NOR do i have large breasts!.
Why with all that would I want to throw (my modest) cleavage in the mix?

Being looked at in a sexual way made me nervous and self concious at work, and that is when i made mistakes, when I was being studdied by a leering perve.That is not an ideal outcome, it restricts productivity, and i had to use more time fixing mistakes.
At work I had no power to say get nicked creep, my boss would not have been happy if I shunned his valuble clients so i was powerless, you could even say oppressed.Unable to confront clients about their unacceptable behaviour because I was representing a certain image of professionalism.I had no choice but to be objectified, in neck to knee atire and all.

I can't understand why women like to wear cleavage personally, don't you feel you are already over ogled in clothes as it is? I do, i don't need anymore unwanted admiration.

I already felt humiliated and ogled just getting my job done in covered clothing.There was always some lecherous onlooker watching me work.Our office didn't have a cleaner either, so if I didn't keep the place clean no one else would bother, there is nothing more humiliating then cleaning windows with a bevy of male onlookers, I cannot imagine how much worse it would have been had I actually been exposed.

Unless your job is to display your breasts then don't do it.
If you really are that proud of your breasts,and feel they are so tied to your identity that you juts have to show them in the workplace then just work somewhere where your breast will be a celebrated focal point.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

Originally posted by Shikamaru

I'm sorry but the posters in here seem to be acting more toolish than I suspected at first glance... you'll never let a woman show cleavage in the workplace. We got it, you run your business that way, you have all the right in the world. Just don't expect it to be civil law across the board.

"Breasts are sexual" and comparing cleavage to showing the top of a man's shaft...

I believe the comparison of showing the shaft of the penis to cleavage is a bit of a stretch

but...

as a man, if I went into a professional workplace wearing a tanktop, wouldn't that be considered unprofessional?

all it does is show my shoulders and is tight around my chest... 2 things I am proud to display when I goto the beach or out to a club

oh, but wait,,,, that would be unprofessional of me, so I don't do it... I wear attire that is approved by my employer and dress the way I enjoy dressing, showing off my goods, on MY time....

its the same as a woman showing cleavage in the workplace

its simply unprofessional

Agreed!

Work is work, not a place for people to display their body and cause distraction.
I have seen these distractions and sooner or later, that person ends up under the magnifying glass and is soon fired. And rightly so. We are in a litigious time where sexual harassment reaps big rewards and any office, the manager will find a way to eliminate this threat without repercussions.
To the OP, you've been given notice.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
I soon realized that these women were watching and observing the other women.....they were not observing the men. What was transpiring as reflected in their faces and eyes..was cold...wild..and feral. It was a primordial pecking order being established. I realized I was observing a privileged moment..unguarded...wild and feral.
I knew that a couple of these women had degrees in business..were educated but it made no difference in the pecking order business...they were reverting back to what I considered uncivilized behaviors...primitive...base.
There was a ritual being carried out here..a primordial pecking order..with the nod of the head or shake of disapproval. A status ladder was being established. Ohh...that I had a video camera..this would have been a very interesting video for a psychology class.
I have never forgotten this occurrence.

Very true. Women dress to compete with other women.

But the ultimate goal is still the man.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
36 B here.

I got nothing to say

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
36 B here.

I got nothing to say

I for one, have always prefered small breasts...

and your input is as valid as any of ours.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
36 B here.

I got nothing to say

Rejoice in the fact that your breasts will not be swinging at your waist when you're 60'ish.
Lol...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm sorry but this really isn't going to change anyone's mind, the fact is you won't be taken seriously as a professional nor should you if you dress like a floozy.

Continue to dress like one and don't be surprised when you're treated as nothing more than a air-head, you don't deserve to be treated as anything better.

Again it all boils down to professionalism if you can't comprehend that, than it's no wonder why you won't ever get ahead in any work environment.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I personally think we should be allowed to wear what ever we want. Unfortunately I have yet to be in that situation. I don't care if I see a female showing cleavage, wearing short skirts, boots, and even thigh highs. That's me though.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
one more example for comparison...

I LOVE wearing a full beard, I can grow it in completely and keep it well trimmed and maintained...

however, my company's policy on facial hair is that it can't be a full beard and a mustache and/or goatee must be kept short and trimmed...

is this sexual discrimination or oppression? I love growing it out and showing it off to friends and family that think it looks good on me??

however, it is comapny POLICY that disallows me to express this physical characteristic that I enjoy so much

how is this any different from a company disallowing cleavage to be displayed as part of their policy?

its not... and I want to keep my job, so I comply with their wishes...
edit on 17-12-2010 by kalisdad because: grammar

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticalzoe

I personally think we should be allowed to wear what ever we want. Unfortunately I have yet to be in that situation. I don't care if I see a female showing cleavage, wearing short skirts, boots, and even thigh highs. That's me though.

I agree completely... we should be allowed to wear whatever we want

but this isn't about our opinion on the matter

this is about a company's dress code...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Alright, my last example was a little bit much...

But moving on, realize that both men and women are oppressed in many ways.

If you are going to work for a company, there are terms and conditions set in place that you must abide by.

Showing cleavage in a professional setting detracts from your professionalism, it is really as simple as that.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Don't get me started. I am so tired of women talking about being oppressed when they are GIVEN EVERYTHING all through life and sexual control over men right from birth! In this particular case (wah, wah,) you can't show your boobs...so you're being oppressed???? Women have been spoiled for so long it has come to this has it? Women these days are such hypocrites. What if a man wanted to come in and show the top half of his genitals? I mean, after all, that's the only sexual ace card we have (if you can call it that). We are usually proud of that and we have been oppressed by women for so long.....it's about time we get to show our private parts in public and be proud of who we are and not be oppressed by women who claim to be creeped out. Of course, I am being facecious. But it seems a bit hypocritical to me for you to be able to sport your sexual attributes and a man get punished for doing the same. I know what you're thinking...a woman's breast are not a sex object, they are mother natures milk jugs for children and they are a beautiful part of a woman's anatomy......BLAH, BLAH BLAH. That doesn't matter unless you are having sex with a woman. Ask a man if he thinks that breasts are an object of his sexual desire and see what he says. I'll bet you WON'T be surprised by the answer. Considering it would be the men that you sexually excite with your breast in the workforce, who cares what the women think about them..baby or no baby? I have seen many women in my job in retail that have come in and even creeped me out with their low cut tops, and some were intriguing......do I get to go to the cops? NO! Do I slap them for making me look at them? (they can do it to you and usually get by with it but can you? NO!) Yes, women expect men to look and then they get offended and say "hey my eyes are up here", MORE GAMES FOR YOU GUYS! This is why they really wear low cut shirts, it's about power over men...if you women say otherwise, you have lied yet again. Do I get to say "indecent exposure" when these women come in looking like this? No! Women have always gotten to do and say what they want and still claim to be victims and men......if we do anything at all, we get burned for it. Women have been handed everything at birth and they are spoiled brats now. All they do is walk around and wear sexy clothes and (ignorant) guys fall like flies around them and follow them like zombie puppies, buy them stuff, tell them how pretty and sexy they are and sometimes women get job opportunities and placement more because they are more attractive (when is the last time you have seen an attractive male receptionist?)....just ask and i'll give you a list of jobs where women are chosen over men because of their sexual qualities. Women are doing better in recessions because they are eye candy....there are no jobs left so there's no work...yet women still get to stay...WONDER WHY? Women do nothing and get everything simply because of their sexual attributes and attractiveness...then they claim to have earned the position by hard work and that sexuality played no part...NO GUY BELIEVES THIS! Men have to work for everything.....we don't walk around and women fall at our feet, we CAN'T wear anything sexy because women say "im offended" and then the guy either gets taken to court, goes to jail or loses his job for sexual misconduct or sexual harassment, sometimes over just something that the woman miscontrued.....but if a woman dresses sexy or even sexually harrases a guy....he is honored by it and she is just another chick with a larger ego, nothing happens to her at all, other than her head getting bigger. I have seen a growing trend where men are called "creepers" if we are attracted to a younger female........but women are called "cougars"! Insinuating that they have the god-given right to go on the prowl for teenage boys and them be respected for it in the female circle. Hypocrites! Men have to read books and discover how women think, how they operate, how to talk to them, how to approach them to get a date, buy them dinner, get them a stupid engagement ring before marriage....a marriage ring after marriage and more often than not, these days, just piss the woman off and you lose (not just half anymore) but ALL of your stuff and any kids if you have them, just becasue she wants to punish you for not letting her be a spoiled brat....and the Judges accomadate this behavior just to further a government agenda that is funding Feminism...to split families apart so our country can be taken without a fight from the men. The women are the only ones who gain from this agenda and are more than happy to punish you good for not letting them do what they want...when they want. Even if you are the better parent, you still lose your children, simply because she's female.The judge GIVES THEM (once again) everything that they don't have to work for. Women, however, have to do NOTHING AT ALL but walk around and show their "cleavage" to get what they want...when they want. This is truly what you are so offended about isn't it OP? You are offended because you won't get to use your sexuality to make a better life for yourself during this recession right? I'll answer for you, because you'll just lie...the answer would be an emphatic, YES.. Most women today are nothing but cry babies and liars. Women are also the ones who are the masters of the double standard ....not men as always blamed. Again men, you took the blame for their clandestine efforts to "blame the willing" because you are all to willing to take the blame, as men.....then say that you're sorry..for something you didn't even do, because you don't want to hurt their feelings.They don't give a crap about your feelings, why should you..theirs?. Men, have you ever heard the saying women have "us women have to stick together?" Well, it's true, they actually conspire against us, this is why they go to the bathroom together at a bar or wherever and leave you at the table. Have you noticed no woman can seem to go by herself? It's because they are talking about you behind your back and sometimes even conspiring to escape from you. This happens everywhere, I have actually heard recordings of women alone in a room together and all they do is talk about us men and how to handle us. It's scary, almost like a secret society roundtable session sometimes (that we are not privy to, no doubt). Women embarass men sometimes just to make them look foolish....JUST BECAUSE SHE CAN! Just for her own entertainment or the entertainment of their girlfriends. We have to stop this foolishness men, if we let these women continue to act like this OP here...then there is nothing that they won't be able to do, at your expense, of course. If this continues we men deserve everything we DON'T get. Yes, unlike them,we men will just be left with nothing, kind of like what has been happening for a few years now. Men, stop coming to their aid to fight truth tellers like me as well. You will get nothing from her for it....you will always be considered "THE FRIEND", you will not get what you think for taking HER side.Truth is truth and this OP just demonsrated the female ego at it's finest. She actually thinks that she can manipulate the whole internet by using her "sexual excuses". I am supposed to feel sorry for her because she can't show her cleavage at work, in a professional atmosphere? The nerve. Women today only get away with deception, lies and dangerous games because we men LET THEM do it to us. They think of men as idiots and easily controlled and they are right! We must stop this though, we are losing it all. They are attractive and they know it, so they lead men on by enticing them to believe that they will get sex if we give them everything they want. yet, it never happens does it? Most women are like a desert oasis, they will keep leading you on, but will never deliver. How many empires in history have been taken down by a womans sexual betrayal? We men, build empires..they are notorious for tearing them down by sexual destruction and betrayal. I know it's not easy, it goes against everything we men are, but we have to stop showing these spoiled crybabies attention....and they will then, and only then, be truly EQUAL! Right now they are way above us in equality bonuses...what you hear from feminism and Oprah and the like are nothing but designed lies! Designed to oppress men and elevate women, while telling the world that men are the ones doing the opressing.....again so that we can take the blame while they rake in the bonuses. They will not stop because it is working for them. Why would they? We have to stop them. We men have to organize unions and organizations to protect us...not from women, but from government subsidized feminism. This OP has shown just how far they are willing to raise the bar to get it all. Until we recognize this problem, men....you will continue to lose everything until they have no use for you at all. [James 4:7 "..Resist the devil, and he will flee from you "]

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'm gonna be a huge bitch right now but i have to say that not all huge breasts are attractive,and most of the women with breasts that large are obese,or overweight.And i can't stand excuses like nothing suits me,clothes don't fit.I mean please,i can't stop rolling my eyes at some of the posts in this thread.We have made huge progress in technology and science but we haven't figured out how to sew a decent t-shirt.Maybe you would find some clothes that fit if you lost some pounds.And don't tell me that you are not aware of the reactions from the guys when you wear something very low cut,and believe me they are not always out of admiration.There are lot of intelligent and very attractive women who don't feel the need to hear wolf whistles,and who dress appropriately for the environment,and believe me they are so much more appreciated by men.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad
one more example for comparison...

I LOVE wearing a full beard, I can grow it in completely and keep it well trimmed and maintained...

however, my company's policy on facial hair is that it can't be a full beard and a mustache and/or goatee must be kept short and trimmed...

is this sexual discrimination or oppression? I love growing it out and showing it off to friends and family that think it looks good on me??

however, it is comapny POLICY that disallows me to express this physical characteristic that I enjoy so much

how is this any different from a company disallowing cleavage to be displayed as part of their policy?

its not... and I want to keep my job, so I comply with their wishes...
edit on 17-12-2010 by kalisdad because: grammar

A beard is hardly a comparison to a woman's breast. The better question what would happen is we showed half of our "SEXUAL" attribute at a workplace? Yeah, we would get into big trouble. I personally, dont want to,....but then this begs the question, why would a woman want to show her sexual attributes in public?
edit on 17-12-2010 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I am beyond words at this point.

Such bull. Why must most women be so difficult and so F************* passive agressive!????

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shikamaru

That's why I believe it partially pisses women off.
Their boss won't say it's because they have a massive shaboing right now because of the cleavage.
They'll claim the EMPLOYEE is simply being unprofessional.

Who's really unprofessional, the employee wearing clothes that show cleavage?
Or the guy who can't control his sexual desires, and for that matter his happy-stick?
It's almost accusing women of a crime because they have big breasts.
What's next manditory breast reduction for C-size and up?

Thankyou for proving my point, you are everything thats wrong with modern "feminists". Say no to woman and its all about oppression and how oppressive men just can't control our sexual urges so they take it out on woman, but say no to a man FOR THE SAME EXACT THING and its fine. The simple fact is MEN HAVE TO COVER THEIR CHESTS AND OTHER BODY PARTS TOO. WHERE IS THERE ANY INEQUALITY OR OPPRESSION HERE? Men have to wear suits and often ties in a professional environment, if they come in wearing short testicle hugging shorts showing off their "assets" or white beaters showing off their arms they not only wont be promoted, they will be FIRED. So you pathetic men haters want "rights" GREATER than a man's not equal. You want to be able to wear lowcut shirts showing off your breasts in the same office where men have to wear suits. FAIL. Read this again maybe your hypocrisy will sink in:

Feminists are the worlds biggest hypocrites. This is one of the silliest posts I've ever read. Ok so you want to "showcase" (thus draw attention to) your "big breast assets" which, are a part of the body which obviously have sexual appeal (or grossing people out) to the opposite sex (or you wouldn't consider them an "asset" unless you're a professional baby breast-feeder or something because thats the only other function of breasts), but you don't want to ever be negatively judged for that in a work place which is not supposed to be about sex/sex appeal or grossing people out (trust me just cause you have big breasts doesn't mean all guys want to see them, I myself don't even like big ole droopy boobs, taking one look at your profile tells me Id much rather see you in a snow suit than naked, thankyou very much so even more reason to keep those suckers covered up just like a hairy fat man has the decency not to dangle his ass in front of your face).

So basically you want to flaunt your sexual "asset" breasts with low cut tops but its "sexist" and "a conspiracy oppressing women" for the opposite sex to notice them and find them a distraction and in some cases (I say in some cases because I'm sure plenty of risque dressing woman have also been promoted because a boss enjoyed the show) a negative distraction that may count against you in the office place...? Furthermore you want "rights" to wear things MEN ARENT ALLOWED TO. We wear suits, not low cut beaters showing off our chests and arms and tight shorts showing off our bulging wangs. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHH. The hypocrisy is so ridiculous.

If men have to wear suits or other professional COVERING attire instead of white beaters to show off their big biceps and tight minishorts showing off their packages, then why shouldn't woman be expected to do the same and simply wear a non-low cut top (no ones saying you have to tape the suckers down or anything)? You want equality, then you got it, wear professional, COVERING, attire in a professional office just like we do. But no, most feminists dont really want equality, they want all the benefits of being a woman with none of the disadvantages and they wan't men to worship them at the same time. Woman have all the legal rights men do, shutup already and stop trying to blame men for any issue you have. Not to mention I bet your tone would be alot different if men were walking around the office with tight elastic pants on so you can see the full size and definition of their penis or testicle "assets". I'm sure that would be "sexual harassment" or a "conspiracy to oppress woman through masculine flaunting".

PS- To the pathetic attempt by some woman here to try to say we are saying people shouldn't be promoted cause they are attractive or cause they have big breasts, UH NO. READ THE OP. It specifically says woman intentionally revealing their breasts, regardless of size, with LOW CUT shirts to as the OP says herself "show off her best assets." Stop trying to change the arguement or put words in peoples mouths, no one said woman should try to look ugly or something ridiculous like that they simply say cover your chest with cloth like men do.

Bleh, barely even worth wasting my breath, pathetic.
edit on 17-12-2010 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I see it as being like this........

Say if a woman you have hired has large breast, and all she does is use her cleavage to get by on. That's gonna come back on you, since you are the boss, like your not being fair to her coworkers that are actually doing their job to get that promotion. If that happen's, then it's going to make you look like a fool for promoting someone that doesn't even perform like you would want them to just to promote them a higher position. All the while passing over someone who has shown that they are capable of doing their job like they should. If that person who you gave the promotion to in the first place is having complaints being filed on them constantly, then yes you do have a right to fire them for under performance. Now I do realize that some women can't help with covering up their cleavage. However, if someone complains about some woman showing their cleavage at work. Take the complaint and the time to check the complainee's perfomance record. If the person that is being complained on has a superb performance and on time record, then just throw the complaint aside.

The only other thing I have to say about is this.
If someone doesn't want to see a woman's cleavage, then turn the other way and don't look.

If I offended anyone, which I probably did. I apologize.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I am going to put this as nicely as I can. In my opinion women who want to sport cleavage can go to work in a strip club or Hooters...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

Thank you. I am glad I am not the only one severely irritated by this ludicrous and severely hypocritical thread.

Sighs and grrs at this point.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

A beard is hardly a comparison to a woman's breast. The better question what would happen is we showed half of our "SEXUAL" attribute at a workplace? Yeah, we would get into big trouble. I personally, dont want to,....but then this begs the question, why would a woman want to show her sexual attributes in public?

actually I consider it a damn good comparison

how many posters have stated that the breasts are not a sex part of the body? neither is a beard

both are part of the human body that are considered in a professional dress code

me not being able to have a full trimmed and well maintained beard is no different than a woman being asked to cover her cleavage in the workplace

its part of a company's dress code and as an employee you are expected to comply with this or find another place of employment

edit on 17-12-2010 by kalisdad because: formating

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join