It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Incest theme in Folger's Commercial?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
What brother and sister acts like this at that age..Come on people..Listen at the script writing for goodness sakes.All flirty and they are both growing up into puberty.Common sense..

Puberty? there at least 18 or so. hell now days we have children reaching puberty at 10.. this is well past puberty and there is no "flirtation" involved.
Just overzealous wishing from a (hopefully) perverted few.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Do you even listen to the script writing? Giggle laugh,I must have the wrong house..Sister is a hot girl..both giggle some more..I must have the wrong house...I brought you something all the way from Africa.more giggles and flirty action.Stirs her brother down in the eyes,Whihc is a sexual attraction to your wife or girlfreind or vice versa.How much more obvious can you get.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Forgot the sister says I waited up all night for you..Could not even sleep but somehow parents are not invovled in this waiting up all night for their son to come home in the script.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Forgot the sister says I waited up all night for you..Could not even sleep but somehow parents are not invovled in this waiting up all night for their son to come home in the script.

Oh, hell dude.. a younger person tends to always be more excited about things like christmas and such, of course her older brothers arrival would add to the excitement.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
OK, I look at the video and I see a brother and sister who love each other ( and not in some perverted way) and missed each other... The present she considers teh best is that her brother is home for Christmas.... There is nothing sexual about it and quite frankly, I question the mind of those who see something sexual about this video....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It seems like they are being flirty towards each to me,from what I watch anyways.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Just a few people understand the marketting technique,and i must say it works!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
WOW. Did you notice that the mother was waking up after spending the night with her husbands best friend!!

I also noticed there wasn't a family pet running around so the "sister" must have sexually abused it to death while waiting for the brother....

I saw nothing except a commercial showing a sisters love for a long gone brother returning home. If you read more than that into it I think you may need some help. Hopefully no young women in your family didn't send any signals that were misinterpreted by you.

Society is sliding downhill fast.

I strongly suspect that is is you who are sexually abusing the young girls in your family. Why else would you make such a sick statement?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamleGamle
I also wish to point out that the OP is written as a.

Hey look at this, could it be? What do you think kind of way.

The aggressive personal attacks and swift damming conclusions that are made by various individuals who have been posting in this thread amaze me. It is one of the reasons I left ATS for a while. Not because I was being picked on, but I spend so much time reading personal attack posts by angry judgemental people that it became harder and harder to find those jewels of information.

Maybe I just got wearry after reading the same mean, hateful, desperate things every day over and over again.

Regardless, I think it would be wise of you OP not to react to aggresively to the forcefully opininated forum dwellers. The game is rigged from the start you only stand to lose by saying something because you feel hurt about the injustice you feel is being done to you.

Thanks for brining up this interessting commercial, maybe in the end it will go a long way for people to understand each other better. Cheers.

edit on 17-12-2010 by GamleGamle because: spelling

Thank you for your support. I don't feel hurt, though, as I am quite confident about who I am, and I know the people attacking me in this thread are complete morons. I will continue to point out how stupid they are, because it will be a truly dark day for us all when you're not allowed to point at an irresponsible idiot and say, "That's an irresponsible idiot!"

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Question: Why is it that the people in this thread attacking me all have atrocious grammar and spelling?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
Thank you, Souljah!

To anybody who wants to attack me, just remember: If you attack me, I am going to assume you're doing so because you're guilty of harboring incestuous thoughts, and this conversation is therefore hitting a little too close to home.

Let me see if I have this correct.

You are saying that anyone who disagrees with your opinion that there are subliminal, incestuously suggestive undertones in the coffee advert mentioned in the OP ... must obviously have incestuous intentions towards their own family members ?

Interesting indeed !

You do realize that 'disagreeing' does not necessarily mean 'attacking' and 'bashing' as you so quaintly call it, works both ways don't you ?

My friend ... the only thing that advert is guilty of is being very cheesy ... and according to some ... advertising bad coffee

Maybe you should turn your attention to more important issues than looking for perversions in advertising ... you would find it so much more fulfilling I'm sure.

I suppose you will now label me as an incestuous thinking pervert for disagreeing with you ... but hah ... $h!t happens ... and as I don't have siblings or parents not quite sure how that will work ... no doubt you will enlighten me.

Woody

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

You are saying that anyone who disagrees with your opinion that there are subliminal, incestuously suggestive undertones in the coffee advert mentioned in the OP ... must obviously have incestuous intentions towards their own family members ?

No, absolutely not. I never said anything like that. You need to learn how to read for comprehension.

Interesting indeed !

You do realize that 'disagreeing' does not necessarily mean 'attacking' and 'bashing' as you so quaintly call it, works both ways don't you ?

But you did attack and insult me. You essentially called me a sex pervert. You owe me an apology.

My friend ...

I am not your friend. You are a complete stranger and you implied that I was a sex pervert simply because you disagreed with the premise of my OP.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Question: Why is it that the people in this thread attacking me all have atrocious grammar and spelling?

Answer: ¡¡¡ǝdʎʇ oʇ ʍoɥ ʍouʞ ʇ,uop ʎǝɥʇ ǝsnɐɔǝq ǝqʎɐɯ or ¿¿ǝpɐɹƃ pɹ3 pǝʇɐnpɐɹƃ ʇ,uǝʌɐɥ ʎǝɥʇ

Anyway flightsuit,
I like the commercial and I am not attacking you in anyway.

I wish my family was like that...my kids don't act like that.
Hell they don't even talk to me on FB!!

However, "back in the day" when I would come back from a 110 day patrol (sub cruise) especially at Christmas, (which is my birthday, by the way), my Mom and Dad and brothers were extremely happy to see I survived one surface more than dive, if you know what I mean!

S&F (
) for you because I think that there is a subliminal effect commonly used. BUT it will only resonate in your subconscious and come to the fore if you can relate to what they are trying to sell.
I think you brought up a very relevant topic and presented it very well.
BUT I still don't think incest will sell coffee.

You can't get Folgers here in the UAE so I am stuck with Nescafe!!

So they can "sublim" me all they want I can't buy it anyway!!
Take care and 73's,
Tom

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
That same arguement could go for the both of you.If u wanna bang ur sister don't play ur fantasies out in an add.

First of all, no gentleman would ever use a vulgar term like "bang" to describe the sex act.

Secondly, you're implying that I want to have sex with my sister, and so does anybody who agrees with me? Really?

ATS is an intelligent place with a fairly high standard of conduct. Perhaps you'd be happier posting your troll comments elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

Nescafe!? Oh, the horror!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Truth be told.

I more or less expected you to react in such a manner to my advice.
Being hurt was a small stretch I made from my own experience.
Hurt may be overstating, but I do not like to be called a pervert intent on incest when I only made a thread with the best of intentions.

I apreciate your view that its good to stand up to that which is wrong.
Its just I have seen it all before.

Their will be personal attacks. Do not react and you will be called out as a coward.
React to the unsavoiry opinions with your own and you set yourself open for more personal attacks.
Calling people "stupid" "idiots" "morons" is prime material for people to further there personal attacks.
IIts a bankless rivier from there on out. Who said what and what was actually meant, misinterpertation ect.
You said it yourself, ATS is for curteous, intelligent debate in alle openess.
Be the better man, I know you can.

Oke enough lecturing, just trying to preserve the quality of the thread and speaking my mind.

Just to jump into the breach here.
Nowhere do I see in the original post that he is saying that folger is trying to make people have incest.
The only thing I see pointed at, is that subtle sexual undertones could be used in this commerical to prey on our subconscious desires, that wil drive people to buy folger. Or it could all be purely accidental, as OP stated.
See my previous post for my explaination of the by me perceived sexual undertone.

But besides all that, i have thought about having sex with anything and everything at the most turned on moments in my live. And I have seen the beauty in abstenence, discipline, respecting other peoples borders ect. What I am trying to say is, a human can think about anything, doesnt matter how horrific or pure. It is all about what we proliferate into reality. I have met some sexual deviant people and I could not see corruption or evil. I only saw unresolved pain, a person feeling isolated and alone, unforgiven misunderstood.

I dare say that the intolerance and misconceptions people have about how and why people think sexually deviant and/or other non accepted behavior is far more disturbing then the sexual deviance itself. And even that is something I can understand so making it less disturbing to me.

Suggestion broaden and bask in the loving feeling of compassionate understanding.

Is there anyone out there. That can apreciate the sibling love being depicted and at the same time acknowledge why people might suspect there to be a sexual under current? Instead of being on one side of the fence or the other?

edit on 18-12-2010 by GamleGamle because: added a paragraph.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

No, absolutely not. I never said anything like that. You need to learn how to read for comprehension.

Interesting indeed !

But you did attack and insult me. You essentially called me a sex pervert. You owe me an apology.

My friend ...

I am not your friend. You are a complete stranger and you implied that I was a sex pervert simply because you disagreed with the premise of my OP.

Hello again flightsuit,

Oh dear, heads and brick walls spring to mind ... but I'll give it another go and try to clear-up your misunderstanding (I would have said misconception but you might have seen something in that, that wasn't there ... so I choose my words carefully);

Let me begin by providing the links to my posts and your replies on this thread ... just so that you and anyone else can see what you consider to be attacks and insults from me

MY 1st Post (in reply to the OP- opening post);

www.abovetopsecret.com...

YOUR 1st Reply (to the above link);

(subsequent posts between us);

#1 Ok, I strongly suggest that you check these links ... then I think you'll find that you certainly did say something just like that ... and so will anyone else who has a quick check through the links to posts specifically between you and I on this thread ... and I don't have time to count how many times you have made such comments to all the other posters who disagreed with you ... this alone shows a glaring display of contradiction on your part.

#2 Again please check the links to 'ALL' posts that I have made on this thread (prior to this one) and kindly quote me the exact words that I have used where you consider I have 'attacked' and 'insulted' you ... and also the place(s) where I have 'essentially' (according to you) called you a 'sex pervert' !

If you can show any attack (as opposed to what I call rational disagreement) then I will gladly give you a public apology here on this thread and admit my error.

I hope that you are man/woman enough to extend me the same courtesy when you discover after a re-read of my posts, that it is you who appear to be lacking in the comprehension of my words.

#3 I am disappointed but not devastated that you throw the word 'friend' back in my face because you are correct ... we are indeed strangers ... however ... you are not correct ... because I did not imply that you were a 'sex pervert' (others on the thread have but not I).

What I said was (and I quote) - "Maybe you should look at your own subliminal psychology a little closer" ! (end quote).

As someone who has studied Applied Psychology (and work in a field that deals with the workings of the human mind) I have to say that the 'tells' you display in your posts (not just to me but in general) are fascinating ... but this is not the place to discuss such.

A word of advise ... do not see slights where no slights exist ... life is a big enough struggle for most of us without adding none existing problems into the mix.

Flightsuit, I am not your enemy (even if you don't see me as a friend) ... and I think you just got more than you bargained for when you started this thread ... I don't think you thought you would get such passionate responses and harsh disagreement ... but I bet you have learned things about human nature that you didn't realise existed before this.

And don't worry ... I won't insist on an apology from you.

Woody

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Wow, i cannot understand how anyone could think of the way those two siblings are acting towards each other as flirtatious. Was it because she put the bow on his shirt? I thought that was something cute and corny that a goofy younger sister would do. I mean if im about to see a relative who has been gone for a long time I get excited and have trouble sleeping myself...maybe I care too much? Whatever the case, I feel what this thread should be about is how overly sexual everything is made. This thread is evidence that sex is thrown in our faces so much we see it when its not there, mistaking love for lust.

edit on 18-12-2010 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Right,Hypocrit.U've been attacking everyone on this post.
I read ur posts and thats the agrument you've been using when someone disagrees with you.So what are you saying??if someone disagrees with you they wanna bang their sister.Mmm,you're such gentleman.

I can't see what you see.I just don't see any form of incest in that advert.Which makes me believe your reality is skewed somehow.

Don't be so surprised that people are getting personal because that's the first answer that comes to mind as to why they can't see what you see.

Do you have a sister?Mean,what are you suggesting?that we grow up in a home where no one is allowed to express their love?expressing you're love to someone doesn't mean you wanna jump their bones(there i go being vulgar again.Boo on me!!)

I don't know what it's like where you grew up.But in most families that's pretty normal.Don't think brothers and sisters have to be separated

Maybe you've never experienced that kind of love.

No one is disproving the fact that subliminal messaging is real but in this advert I don't see it.

I'm sorry that I got personal but this is what I think.Maybe I'm wrong.Maybe society has had it all wrong when it comes to brother and sister relationships.Or maybe your wrong.Maybe there's something terribly wrong with ur view on sibling relationships.

anyz,I'll leave it at that.Think you've taken enough bashing as it is and thats probably why you're so defensive.

All the best to you,though.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This was an interesting thread. Some of the personal attacks are rather unfortunate.

I watched the video several times. The first couple times, I didn't really think it was much of anything. Like a lot of posters, my first reaction was this is pretty innocent. And on the surface it is, it's wholesome and Folgers is trying to insert the idea of their coffee as part of a wholesome, family atmosphere.

But one thing that stood out for me. After sister pulls her hand out from between her legs, the brother hands her a present with a red ribbon on it, and she holds it in her lap. The camera lingers on the present resting in her lap. Then she takes the ribbon off the box and sticks it on his chest, saying, "You're my present."

If you understand literary-cinematic symbolism, especially the Freudian interpretations, the fact that she holds the box there and the camera highlights the fact is a pretty good indication to me that yes, the director is probably deliberately using subtext here. Look up what boxes and presents symbolize, it's pretty obvious then.

For those of you who "don't see it" - that's because the conscious mind isn't supposed to see it! Maybe even the Folgers business people had no idea about the subtext when they approved the ad, either, but whoever wrote and directed it certainly seemed to understand techniques that appeal to the unconscious mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join