It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Incest theme in Folger's Commercial?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

Or it could just be that sitting the box on the counter would have required twisting. That presents the body at an unnatural angle, and in an unnatural shape. This would actually be less appealing to humans. So, you put the box in her lap because it is the most esthetically appealing option.

Anybody that has worked as a camera operator or director understands that.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

a) You said,

I find the most disturbing thing about your OP after watching the video ... is the fact that you actually saw 'anything' sexual at all about it ... even more disturbing that you thought the family love and affection displayed in the ad must have incestuous undertones.

Maybe you should look at your own subliminal psychology a little closer ?

So, in other words, you're saying I'm sick.

Am I supposed to be impressed that you've "studied applied psychology" and now wrongly believe yourself to be capable of interpreting my "tells?"

There are few things as dangerous and irresponsible as an amateur who's taken a class or two and therefore believes himself qualified to play at being a psychologist.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by flightsuit

Right,Hypocrit.U've been attacking everyone on this post.
I read ur posts and thats the agrument you've been using when someone disagrees with you.So what are you saying??if someone disagrees with you they wanna bang their sister.Mmm,you're such gentleman.

That's bullsh*t, and you know it is! The only people I've been even a little bit unkind towards are people like you, who have stated or implied that I am a sex pervert or harbor incestuous desires for my siblings. Saying somebody is a sex pervert or desirous of incest is a personal attack. Do you really not understand this, or are you being deliberately obtuse?

I did not read the rest of your post because your grammar and spelling are too abominable to tolerate. By the way, it specifically says in the ATS rules that posters should not use the types of text message slang and abbreviations that you're using. Is it really so hard to type "you've" instead of "U've?"

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Dont' let these people get you down OP.

I have been on your side from the beginning and these folks are simply running from their own perverse thoughts that obviously frighten them, because these thoughts are all based upon fears that are found within themselves.

Never forget the Cicero quote.

"he who employs passion is unable to employ reason"

-Cicero

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23

I have been on your side from the beginning and these folks are simply running from their own perverse thoughts that obviously frighten them, because these thoughts are all based upon fears that are found within themselves.

-Cicero

What?
Youre saying that people that dont agree with the OP are the ones with the perverse thoughts?
You really must be a politician in training, the way you try to spin things and twist words because
Its my opinion that the OP is the one with the perverse thoughts.
Considering HE is the one that actually created the post and came right out and said that this
obvious tender moment between two loving family members put off an incestuous vibe.
I havent actually counted the fors and against posts but from what I can tell, the majority seem to
concur that hes kinda warped and wrong in his assumptions.

My point is and always will be this:
Who in the hell analyzes commercials, especially a Folgers commercial like this and looks for sexual innuendos?
And who are the perverse ones?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

-Cicero

Thank you kindly!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix

-Cicero

What?
Youre saying that people that dont agree with the OP are the ones with the perverse thoughts?
You really must be a politician in training, the way you try to spin things and twist words because
Its my opinion that the OP is the one with the perverse thoughts.
Considering HE is the one that actually created the post and came right out and said that this
obvious tender moment between two loving family members put off an incestuous vibe.
I havent actually counted the fors and against posts but from what I can tell, the majority seem to
concur that hes kinda warped and wrong in his assumptions.

My point is and always will be this:
Who in the hell analyzes commercials, especially a Folgers commercial like this and looks for sexual innuendos?
And who are the perverse ones?

a) Like so many of the commenters here, you are saying I'm sick. Please don't act surprised when I accuse you of a attacking me, because that's exactly what you're doing. I know I'm not sick. You do not know me, and you have absolutely no basis for making such insulting claims about me.

b) It is profoundly ironic that your username is "Animatrix," yet everything you've said in this thread has essentially boiled down to saying "Remain asleep, people! Do not question what the advertising industry is spoon-feeding you!"

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

My point is and always will be this: Who in the hell analyzes commercials, especially a Folgers commercial like this and looks for sexual innuendos? And who are the perverse ones?

You don't have to analyze the commercial, the weirdness jumps right out at you....not you, obviously, but those of us who find it strange and off-putting. I actually think those that see the weirdness are unlikely to be subliminally manipulated, whereas for those whose brains refuse to acknowledge it, it is probably working under the surface, making Folger's seem both familiar and dangerous, a symbol of home, and of taboo sexual desires. I'm sure Madison Avenue has got this all figured out, probably down to the percentages of people who will register the manipulation consciously and those who will not.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Unfortunately...
I am of the opinion that ATS has rather unfortunately been infiltrated by those that have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

Most of the detractors in this thread do not understand Psychology and wouldn't know what to do with it if they did.
This type of subliminal advertising is all about creating LATENT responses in people where their behavior is driven by irrational forces and it has little if anything to do with logical reason.

Stick to you guns mate, just as you have.

You are getting this message across to more people than you might think and the more vocally adamant and emotional the opposition...
The more that your argument is reinforced.

I could get into the actual psychology of this argument (I am a psych grad and in grad school for research psychology... What do you detractors have on me??? NOTHING FOR REAL), but I have already posted several links refuting the behavior of these "quasi-skeptics".
Links with valid research.

Keep up the good work mate.
edit on 12/18/2010 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Unfortunately...
I am of the opinion that ATS has rather unfortunately been infiltrated by those that have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

Most of the detractors in this thread do not understand Psychology and wouldn't know what to do with it if they did.
This type of subliminal advertising is all about creating LATENT responses in people where their behavior is driven by irrational forces and it has little if anything to do with logical reason.

Stick to you guns mate, just as you have.

You are getting this message across to more people than you might think and the more vocally adamant and emotional the opposition...
The more that your argument is reinforced.

I could get into the actual psychology of this argument (I am a psych grad and in grad school for research psychology... What do you detractors have on me??? NOTHING FOR REAL), but I have already posted several links refuting the behavior of these "quasi-skeptics".
Links with valid research.

Keep up the good work mate.
edit on 12/18/2010 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

Thank you, and a big "amen" to everything you just said!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

And I asked you several posts ago, what is the reason that Folgers would have to promote incest in their commercial?

Are you implying that they want to connect the morning, coffee drinking, family togetherness scene with incestuous sex with a family member?

If so, then why?
How would that sell more coffee? Are you implying that Folgers marketing scheme is focusing on a hidden perverted demographic, one that entices memories of a brother having sex with his sister, in order to sell more coffee?

I really dont get the "conspiracy" angle here.

And quit playing the victim, i never once attacked you. I was replying to the kid that claimed that it was the detractors that were perverted saps, running from their innermost desires.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

Thank you.

Totally off topic, random comment:

Up until just now, Joe, I had, for some reason, not looked directly at your avatar pic. Every time I saw your avatar pic out of the corner of my eye, my brain interpreted it as an image of Dr. Who's T.A.R.D.I.S.

Isn't that odd?

Maybe it's a subliminal T.A.R.D.I.S!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
reply to post by woodwytch

a) You said,

I find the most disturbing thing about your OP after watching the video ... is the fact that you actually saw 'anything' sexual at all about it ... even more disturbing that you thought the family love and affection displayed in the ad must have incestuous undertones.

Maybe you should look at your own subliminal psychology a little closer ?

So, in other words, you're saying I'm sick.

Am I supposed to be impressed that you've "studied applied psychology" and now wrongly believe yourself to be capable of interpreting my "tells?"

There are few things as dangerous and irresponsible as an amateur who's taken a class or two and therefore believes himself qualified to play at being a psychologist.

As I said before ... heads and brick walls ... I've tried to explain as clearly as I can but something tells me you choose to be ignorant ... and that's fine sugar, continue into oblivion and enjoy.

I would just repeat that I have never called you sick or perverted I said that what you chose to see in the ad was disturbing. The fact that you saw something bad in the advert is more of a sad reflection on the way you translate things in your mind really.

And in one of your quiet more lucid moments (you seem to be raging at shadows at the moment) you might find time to read through these 10 pages and you will see that 'you' are the one who has attacked everyone who has not agreed with you ... which you keep denying ... and in your last post alone (see above) it is 'you' who have insulted me on a personal level ... not vice-versa.

Be happy and be safe and I sincerly hope you learn how to sift between attacks and constructive criticism ... you can't seem to grasp the concept at the moment.

I can only assume that you are either very insecure in your self ... or very young ... hopefully it's the latter and you will have a chance to 'grow out of it'

Ok, bye-bye now I'm gone ... all a bit tedious and repetitive after 10 long pages no more to be said

Woody
(oh almost forgot ... sorry if I touched a nerve when I mentioned the 'tells' it was not my intent)
edit on 18-12-2010 by woodwytch because: comment

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I love me some Doctor Who! However, if you haven't read Ubik, by Philip K. Dick, (the spray can is from the novel) I highly recommend it...terribly off topic I know, but it is your OP, so I guess it's ok. I hear they are working on the movie UBIK presently...I strongly urge readers to read the book before the movie comes out, as I doubt it will compare.
Interestingly, the spray can in Ubik does have "time-restorative" properties, and in that way is somewhat similar to the tardis.
Ain't Amy Pond grand....
(sigh)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

U've only been nice towards the ones who agree with you.

I don't see how some of you can say that people who don't recognize incest are the ones harboring these dark desires.Maybe they're oblivious to it because they don't have any thoughts of having sex with their siblings.

People see what they want to see and in this case it's a good thing.Like someone asked before what would the purpose be of promoting incest in a coffee advert?What would they achieve from it.Do people who practice incest drink more coffee than people who don't?

The majority of people just can't see it and maybe that's because there really is nothing to see.
No one is denying the fact that subliminal messages are used in adverts,ect,but it doesn't seem to be in this advert.

By the way,are you even capable of admiting that you might be wrong?No one is immune to making mistakes once and a while.

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The brothers name is PETER you know...

I think people hear the name peter and come to conclusions to quick....

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

People see what they want to see and in this case it's a good thing.Like someone asked before what would the purpose be of promoting incest in a coffee advert?What would they achieve from it.Do people who practice incest drink more coffee than people who don't?
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

I don't think you get the idea behind this sort of subliminal advertising. They aren't marketing to people who practice incest. Geez. It's about appealing to the unconscious drives ALL humans share. Using death (skulls and the like) in alcohol ads works even though consciously the drinkers targeted don't necessarily have suicidal impulses. Guilt can sell. Of course we know and accept that sex can sell. Death can sell. All manner of murky human subconscious ugliness can be prodded, below the conscious threshold. Like I pointed out in an earlier post, it works below the surface of the conscious mind, unless it is noticed consciously.

edit on 18-12-2010 by joechip because: spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

So everyone with siblings has some deep dark hidden desire to have sex with them?

Well,I have 4 sisters and I didn't feel like buying folger.They failed

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Nope, Not what I was saying at all. A secret desire is not necessary at all, we're talking about drives here, and the Id. If we were our Ids the world would be a terrible place of random violence and wanton sex. I'm saying there is a part of ALL humans that wants to kill everything it doesn't already want to screw. Luckily, that is not us, but merely an animal part of our brains that can be manipulated subconsciously by unscrupulous advertisers who have no hang-ups about appealing directly to that gila monster inside ALL humans.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

That part of me must be broken because the advert didn't appeal to me at all.Or maybe it's because there is no subliminal message in the advert.
Which was what people were saying from the start.

Look...I'm trying to see what you guys are seeing but I just do not see it.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join