It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Incest theme in Folger's Commercial?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I really am taken back at the attacks of the OP and others who are observing a COMMERICAL with people acting. I find the lewd and nasty comments being made completely wrong and unnecessary.

Just because one sees something odd about a COMMERICAL does not mean they are perverts or have some type of deviant issue they need to work on
Come on.
There are dozens of threads here where people pick apart things seen on TV or movies or behaviors of people. Conspiracies up the ying yang about subliminal messages in everything from TV to music....and the list could go on.

The people flaming the observers need to lay off and realize that not everyone sees things thru your eyes....which is vice versa too.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I cant believe this thread is still going but ill have my final say in it i guess.

So what if folgers is a "multi-million dollar company, they still hire the bottom of the barrel actors and it shows, its just poor acting all around.
If they really wanted to attempt an association between sex and coffee, then it wouldve made sense to have the characters portray themselves as husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend.

What possible reason would they have to associate, coffee and a brother, sister sexual relationship? Do you think
that they are following some Illuminati agenda or have they come under the influence of a large satanic organization thats trying to hasten the moral degradation of this country?
I really dont get the "conspiracy" that your trying to point out in your OP.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Apparently the 'average' person just doesn't see what the OP is seeing, saying or suggesting.
The OP doesn't need to be defended. It's his/her opinion and that's fine. And these....are ours.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

She was holding the cabinet not her vagina. If somebody sees that and has a sexual thought. . . . I don 't know what to say about that person. I had to read the line that said "check out" where her hand is. I didn't even notice it when I watched it.

Some people have too much time on their hands. Other people are so busy looking for hidden messages they miss the neon signs.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
These are ACTORS...not people with genuine family relationships. They are NOT ACTUALLY brother and sister. So even if there is some type of (sexual) chemistry there, I think it's more of a problem of poor casting. They aren't actually related...thus making this a total moot point.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It looks like a home coming to me. Older brother has been gone for some time and comes home bringing her a present. Sis says that his being home is present enough for her and is happy he's home. Seems pretty straight forward to me. Don't read so much into it.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Umm, I have a relationship just like that with my sisters, and I have absolutely no desire to "boink" them, or they me....You may have some deeper issues that you might need to look into yourself OP....All I saw was a young man returning home from being gone a while and a happy sis to see him.

Sheesh what is this world coming to

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It is unfortunate that Dr. Freud's theories have gained such a strong foothold in popular culture. Sure, sex sells, but I find it disturbing that so many of us have begun to look for sexual subtexts in absolutely everything. Meanwhile the degradation of popular culture continues to saturate the airwaves with ever more perverse innuendo.

To be clear, the majority of OP's critics don't understand that he's only saying that "perhaps" there is a subtle sexual innuendo in the commercial intended to associate the product with sexual arousal.

But at the same time, I don't see the innuendo. The commercial is innocent enough. Sex isn't the only thing that sells.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinkykoala

Umm, I have a relationship just like that with my sisters, and I have absolutely no desire to "boink" them, or they me....You may have some deeper issues that you might need to look into yourself OP....All I saw was a young man returning home from being gone a while and a happy sis to see him.

Sheesh what is this world coming to

Another person attacking me because of their own insecurities. Isn't it just as likely, if not downright probable, that you secretly want to have sex with your sisters, and that is why this conversation is making you so uncomfortable?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The only thing I noticed in this commercial is bad acting.
Seriously, I had to force myself to watch the entire thing. It was just so stupid.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Why is it that people see perversion in everything today?

It just amazes me,that our society has stooped to that level of liberal thinking.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Maybe I don't have the right attributes to decipher subliminal messages, but honestly man can't see this one!
I see a sister very happy to see her older brother who's been doing voluntary work in Africa, I mean how often do your parents jump out of bed run downstairs to greet you and they know your home by smelling the coffee.
And as for those of you who say she's holding her crotch one word Therapy.............. It's all about the love.

edit on 17-12-2010 by ramoses because: bad spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am sickened by some posters total assumptions regarding this thread.

Stop needlessly bashing other people without even understanding the freaking THREAD!

Man, ATS lately has been getting my blood boiling like no other. We are here to deny ignorance people, stop being ridiculous and do what we do best instead: discussing alternative topics in a pleasant, civilized, and educated matter. SHEESH.

Anyway, think of this thread like the simpsons november prediction thread.

It is for discussion. Of alternate ways of thinking and looking at things.

Don't attack the OP, he is just sharing the story and creating some discussion, which I think he should be applauded for. Stop thinking of this thread as just this commercial, it is more of a look at how commercials may have a subliminal effect on our mind, and the OP is sharing one possible example.

Everyone settle down and stop putting yourself above other people. It is disgusting.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Thank you, Souljah!

To anybody who wants to attack me, just remember: If you attack me, I am going to assume you're doing so because you're guilty of harboring incestuous thoughts, and this conversation is therefore hitting a little too close to home.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by toasticles

I know this is way off topic, but your name really made me laugh out loud lol

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Why is it that people see perversion in everything today?

It just amazes me,that our society has stooped to that level of liberal thinking.

How is that an example of liberal thinking? We liberals have always been champions of sexual liberation. It is you conservatives who are constantly accusing anybody whose sexual behavior differs from your own of being "perverts."

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by umokay
reply to post by toasticles

I know this is way off topic, but your name really made me laugh out loud lol

It's only funny if it's not your toast that's being burned!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So true, but Id have to use LOTS of butter

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I can't belive this is what ATS is about but it is starting to look like it is more and more everytime I come here and it made the front page .

As far as the OP if this is what you or your friend see in a commerical I can only imagine what you see out in the public everyday.

Sad ATS really sad.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join