It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Incest theme in Folger's Commercial?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by flightsuit

Na,adverts in SA aren't that bad that they would use subliminal messaging.Round here humour sells better than anything else.Only exception would be VeriMark....maybe some others I don't know about but I doubt it's as bad as in USA.

Anyway,I still don't believe there was any sibliminal message in this advert.I've given up trying to prove you otherwise.U seem pretty determined on this one so I'll just let it go.

Quite to the contrary. Refer to one of my recent posts and you'll see me acknowledging that it's possible, and perhaps even probable, that the appearance of an incestuous subtext in this commercial is due entirely to the ineptness of the advertising industry. As I said, it certainly wouldn't be the first time an advertisement accidentally came off seeming very sexual and therefore made a laughingstock of the advertiser.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Her's a funny one that I think is very intentionally ribald. They would never get away with this in the US, but I guess people in the UK aren't quite as prudish as we are:

You Know Where to Come

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

Thanks for that vid...never seen the arrivals before....I have MCIA and quite a lot of other hidden in plain site stuff...harry potter toys and the list is too long and it's been a while. But that's the first time I seen a drawing morph into an innocent cartoon character.All quite insidious.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I'm not here to argue your nutso point, though I do think you're a paranoid twit who's probably afraid to even step outside. By the way, you had better check out any diaper commercials that show "Dad" changing the baby's diaper. I'm sure that somewhere along the line you'll catch the father doing something inapropriate to the baby's genitals! Get a life!

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn

I'm not here to argue your nutso point, though I do think you're a paranoid twit who's probably afraid to even step outside. By the way, you had better check out any diaper commercials that show "Dad" changing the baby's diaper. I'm sure that somewhere along the line you'll catch the father doing something inapropriate to the baby's genitals! Get a life!

You misspelled "inappropriate."

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Thanks much for the spelling lesson! I'm the first to admit my spelling isn't the best, nor is my grammar. I shood keep a dickshunari beesyde the keebored.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
MMMi dont think it was subliminal. In america, we are so over sexed about things* IN europe, places like sweden they have nude beaches! When i was on vacation in poland, when i wa 17, my g/f thier shared a bed with her sister. It came up in convo somehow next day, and was telling her in america people will prob think somethings going on, we all have seperate beds. her answer you americans are effin paranoid* and that is my conclusion too about this video. I am aa HUGE folgers coffee drinker

As for subliminal? well about a month ago, thier was a quick Discovery credit card commercial, that aired at like i dunno 1- 130 am. It was saying something about not needing currency money anymore, kinda like getting rid of it all together, prmoted its credit card,a nd skipped to another commercial really really quick, like they tried to sneak it in thier or something.
As controversy, back in 1994, i used to watch fox5 carttons afternoon time. Sometimes, at the end of credits, they would show Gargamel, fromt he smurfs, alughing all evil out loud, clenching his fists, clsoing his eyes and laughing like an evil man into the air, holding his head up, then lightning flases would show(same ones youde see at the end of johnny carson show) paramount pictures is it?
i always thought that was evil and subliminal!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Evil and subliminal? To what end? The subliminal advertising that works is the subliminal advertising you don't notice.

There is nothing wrong with sisters sharing a bed. I have male friends who've lived together and slept in the same bed, and I never thought anything was going on other than an efficient use of limited resources.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Threads like this are what make conspiracy theorists so interesting; not the theories themselves, mind you.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtticusNoble
Threads like this are what make conspiracy theorists so interesting; not the theories themselves, mind you.

I'm not sure if my detractors even deserve to be called conspiracy theorists. Most of them don't seem imaginative enough to be called that.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Okay, I haven't read the several pages since my last visit to this thread, so I hope this hasn't already been mentioned---I finally saw the actual commercial on tv, just a minute ago, and it was different! Clearly edited to remove a few of the strange looks, and even the shot with the hand between the legs was missing (I know cuz I was looking for it.) Either they had a couple slightly different versions (call them the incest and non-incest versions, if you will) or they have been told about this thread or got a strong negative reaction from the public in other ways, at any rate, the changed commercial sort of vindicates this thread, don't you think?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
When I saw the commercial I did note that they sprinkled a few granules of 'incest' in it. It was meant to be subliminal. Nothing you could crucify Folgers for. You are supposed to be making love to the coffee. Garbage coffee that is spiced up by showing a couple in bed, then showing a glint in the eyes of the brother/sister, a nose being lowered in to the carafe with a peaceful, expectant look on the guys face. I wouldn't have threaded this, but it is there. They are ad men. They do stuff such as this in their sleep.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

IMO, you are a pervert sir. I see nothing wrong with that commercial just something wrong with how you view the world.

It's just a caring family, the sister missed her brother and is glad he is home for the holidays. Hence her saying "your my gift this year"

Oh wait I don't see the subliminal message, I must be brain washed.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdI

Read the thread why don't you...I believe the OP has been called a pervert plenty. Got anything else to offer? How about a response to my recent post where I recount having seen a different (less controversial) version of the commercial. Any thoughts on that? No? Just like insulting people and repeating the same tired old lame excuse for an argument?
Knee-jerk reactionary comments like yours are boring. Think a little before you post the same thing that's been posted 50 times, and had no business being posted even once.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Thank you Joechip, I couldn't have said it better myself!

That really is weird about the commercial appearing in a heavily edited form. I sure would like to think it vindicates the thread, but in the interest of rigorous skepticism, I will play devil's advocate and put forward an alternative theory:

Air time for commercials is very expensive. It's possible that Folger's has one version of the commercial that's its original, full length, and another version that's had a few seconds trimmed here and there so that it will fit into shorter, less expensive blocks of air time.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I must be getting old. I didn't see anything sexual in that commercial. Then again, I would have a really tough time seeing that little girl as being sexual anyway. Women are sexual. Soft, smooth, and sexual in a deliberately slow, powerful manner. That clip features a giggly kid who's letting her brother know that she missed him.

I don't know. Like I said, I'm probably too old to see whatever other guys are seeing in that clip.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Yeah you have a good point there. I wish I could find a copy of the edited version saw on tv. Perhaps it was only edited for time as you suggest, but if I remember correctly the shot where she accepts the present was different, not just cut, as she reaches up to accept the present with her left hand which is now to her side on the counter instead of between her legs...I only saw it once, but I was paying attention, and I'm pretty sure that's the case...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You dirty sod. That was a perfectly innocent and gentle add. I am the oldest of my siblings by several years and we are very affectionate to each other.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Yeah... you are really reaching here. I think you've just mistaken what was akwardly cheesy as something that was akwardly sexual. I will say the original version of the commercial was a much better commercial.

edit on 29-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

Keep in mind, I was just playing devil's advocate and trying to maintain some healthy sense of skepticism by looking at all the angles. If I was going to bet money on which explanation was correct, I'd choose yours.

Meanwhile, I am endlessly amused that people are still chiming in to call me a pervert and that so many of them believe I am opposed to brothers and sisters showing affection for each other.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join