It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your pocket knife? What ya suggest to go with?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by StyloMercenaire
For a sheath knife for camping or whatever, I actually love the old school Ka-Bar as you can beat the holy heck out of it and not worry that you invested a gazillion dollars into it like a Randall or something.

Now I trust your post after you referenced Randall. Here is my classic 1950's Randal.

Full Size Image:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7a7db952754.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 12/30/2010 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/30/2010 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Spyderco Harpy and Spyderco Civilian

2 of my most favorite knives, good for anything, and sexxxy too.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Now I trust your post after you referenced Randall. Here is my classic 1950's Randal.

Sigh,...It's against the law to covet, isn't it.

vera nice.

edit on 30-12-2010 by StyloMercenaire because: just punctuation

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Put the spartan in your pocket.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i say do not get that knife. I've bought a butterfly knife of of some random websites and its not good quality. it squeaks and its just really dangerous. i recommend a spyderco. i just got another for christmas and its amazing still!!!!! spiderco has many different knife models and there all great quality.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by I B Dazzlin
Good post op. I love knives
personaly I carry a Gerber Evo Tanto knife. It is all black, has a quick open notch that can be flipped open with your finger, the blade is constructed from surgical steel and the handle is made from anodized aluminum. The anodized aluminum handle makes it super light and most people that pick up my knife think the handle is some kind of plastic, but it is not.

There are other Gerber Evos with out the tanto tip and they are made the exact same. I really like these knives they are sharp and will last a long time. I have put the tip into metal and carved with it and it did not mess the tip of the blade up at all. This knife is not terribley expensive, as you should be able to get a Evo knife for around $20-25 or cheaper if you look on ebay. They come in a few different sizes and it comes with a limited lifetime warranty. All in all I really like Gerbers products they have some great tools and survival knives, the LMF II. Also always remember when buying a knife to check the quality of the blade you are buying, because those with less carbon in the blade do not keep their edge as long.

Gerber Knives

Careful carrying that as most states, a blade longer than 3 inches is a big no no. Unless its not concealed.

Deebo

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by I B Dazzlin
Good post op. I love knives
personaly I carry a Gerber Evo Tanto knife. It is all black, has a quick open notch that can be flipped open with your finger, the blade is constructed from surgical steel and the handle is made from anodized aluminum. The anodized aluminum handle makes it super light and most people that pick up my knife think the handle is some kind of plastic, but it is not.

There are other Gerber Evos with out the tanto tip and they are made the exact same. I really like these knives they are sharp and will last a long time. I have put the tip into metal and carved with it and it did not mess the tip of the blade up at all. This knife is not terribley expensive, as you should be able to get a Evo knife for around $20-25 or cheaper if you look on ebay. They come in a few different sizes and it comes with a limited lifetime warranty. All in all I really like Gerbers products they have some great tools and survival knives, the LMF II. Also always remember when buying a knife to check the quality of the blade you are buying, because those with less carbon in the blade do not keep their edge as long.

Gerber Knives

Careful carrying that as most states, a blade longer than 3 inches is a big no no. Unless its not concealed.

Deebo

Thats actually what the "money clip" on these knives and others like it are for. Its not concealed, if its clips to your pocket or belt.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Yes for self protection now days you better make DAMN sure they don't have a gun before you pull it.... because they got a gun and you don't know and you pull a knife on them their going to shoot you and say self defense....

My state your not allowed to have over a 3 inch blade on you...

www.allthingsjeep.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bfc8eb93bfe5.jpg[/atsimg]

i carry the jeep 3 inch on me at all times and right under 20 bucks it works great for what ever..

If you did need it in a pinch for self protection it's better then NOTHING...

Lol, if you think they are unarmed and you pull your knife on them, they have every right to shoot you and claim self defense, because it is.

Deebo
edit on 4-1-2011 by Deebo because: added

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Relatively simple means of pocket knives here...

I have four that I switch between/have in various places just to have 'em.

A Gerber folder that's only about four inches opened. I have two assisted openers, I think one's a gerber and one is a different brand but they are amazing. Then finally I have a smith & wesson folder. My S&W is out in the car, or else it would be there too. It's nothing special.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3c3d58a008b.jpg[/atsimg]

Very simple. Very inexpensive. Suits me just fine.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
For a pocket knife I carry a Kabar Dozier. They are inexpensive and made of a good AUS 8 stainless steel. They come right out of the box razor sharp. In my opinion you can't get a better pocket knife for the price.
www.knifecenter.com... ier%26wnDESCRIPTIONdatarq%3Dbobcat%26eqWWWCAT_1datarq%3Dfolder

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Deebo

My knife has a 3.5 inch blade. And yes, btw, a "money clip" is to get around these laws, like the other guys said.
I stick my "money clip" in the pocket in the pocket (what's that called?), so it's completely concealed. I break the TPTB's laws.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Don't even look at cheap knifes that they sell at the sporting shops... waist of money. I would recommend Cold Steel any day. Cold Steel offers high quality knifes. Their lock mechanism are a top notch. The amount of torture testing they do on their own knifes is unbelievable... I personally have not seen any other companies show their products in this way.
I carry this baby at work and at home. Its a bit bigger than 3" but if i need to use it... I need to use it! I love the way handle feels, with ruff texture even with gloves on you will be able to feel the knife in your hand. Blade does not play at all and the lock I believe can withstand 200 pounds of pressure on it. Check out the tests they do...

Cold Steel Recon 1 Tanto Point offers above and beyond my everyday needs... another words I am happy! You can pick them up around $60 now days...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I carry a machete.

It is suffecient for most purposes.

VvV

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

edit on 13-1-2011 by ac3rr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Got a SOG Vulcan myself honed it once in two years. Got two SOG knives actually. They really are good quality but kind of expensive. I like the ARC lock system of theirs for those who can't get an automatic knife it is the closest thing to it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by philosearcher
Relatively simple means of pocket knives here...

I have four that I switch between/have in various places just to have 'em.

A Gerber folder that's only about four inches opened. I have two assisted openers, I think one's a gerber and one is a different brand but they are amazing. Then finally I have a smith & wesson folder. My S&W is out in the car, or else it would be there too. It's nothing special.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3c3d58a008b.jpg[/atsimg]

Very simple. Very inexpensive. Suits me just fine.

your knife is so amazing. nice taste.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
In today's world, you better have a cheap knife that simply suits your needs.

ditto.

I have a cheapo pocket knife in each glove box. A cheapo pocket in my sock drawer. A cheapo in my night stand, a cheapo in the barn, a cheapo in each tool box, and a cheapo in the kitchen.

One of my nicest cheapos is a gerber that I found on the road... it cuts cord as well as any other and will probably have the same fate as my last "nicest" knife: a buck that I also "found" but now I haven't seen in a few years.

A personal favorite cheapo these days is the new stanley-bostitch double blade razor knife that holds a hook blade and traditional razor blade at the same time.... $12 last month they came with a free bostitch hammer at lowes. So I bought 3. I like to keep a hammer everywhere I keep a knife.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The SOG Pentagon Elite II

This baby is, "balanced and feature ergonomic glass-reinforced Zytel handles, ambidextrous slotted thumb studs, machine screw construction, a low-reflective bead-blasted blade and clip" that can't be beat.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hello guys! All I have is a Swiss Champ from Victorinox (www.myswissarmyknife.com.au...), but I'm interested in a pocket knife, could somebody suggest me one? Is there any good from the same brand, Victorinox? Thanks..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kimkim3074

had this one for a while now

has not let me down yet

i use it at work most of the time

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join