It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only by sound could their [Serpent] faces be seen.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I was looking at the Emerald Tablets by Thoth and I found this interesting part.

Source Emerald Tablet 8:

In the form of man they amongst us,
but only to sight were they as are men.
Serpent-headed when the glamour was lifted
but appearing to man as men among men.
Crept they into the Councils,
taking forms that were like unto men.
Slaying by their arts
the chiefs of the kingdoms,
taking their form and ruling o'er man.
Only by magic could they be discovered.
Only by sound could their faces be seen.
Sought they from the Kingdom of shadows
to destroy man and rule in his place.

But, know ye, the Masters were mighty in magic,
able to lift the Veil from the face of the serpent,
able to send him back to his place.
Came they to man and taught him the secret,
the WORD that only a man can pronounce.
Swift then they lifted the Veil from the serpent
and cast him forth from the place among men.

Know ye, O my brother,
that fear is an obstacle great.
Be master of all in the brightness,
the shadow will soon disappear.
Hear ye and heed my wisdom,
the voice of LIGHT is clear.
Seek not the valley of shadow,
and LIGHT will only appear.

List ye, O man,
to the depth of my wisdom.
Speak I of knowledge hidden from man.
Far have I been
on my journey through SPACE-TIME,
even to the end of space of this cycle.
Aye, glimpsed the HOUNDS of the Barrier,
lying in wait for he who would pass them.
In that space where time exists not,
faintly I sensed the guardians of cycles.
Move they only through angles.
Free are they not of the curved dimensions.

When thou hath entered the form thou hast dwelt in,
use thou the cross and the circle combined.
Open thy mouth and use thou thy Voice.
Utter the WORD and thou shalt be free.
Only the one who of LIGHT has the fullest
can hope to pass by the guards of the way.
And then must he move
through strange curves and angles
that are formed in direction not know to man.

I know there was a movie in 88 called They Live in which a sound frequency was used to cover up the faces of humans being possessed by aliens/evil. This is kind of the reverse concept Thoth speaks of. The Emerald Tablets were supposedly found in South America and translated in 1925.

Listen, O man, and heed ye my warning;
seek ye to move not in angles but curves,
And if while free from thy body,
though hearest the sound like the bay of a hound
ringing clear and bell-like through thy being,
flee back to thy body through circles,
penetrate not the midst mist before.

Their sound is like "the bay of a hound," which rings clear and like a bell. This may just refer to the resonation of their sound because a bay of a hound would be fairly low-pitch. So I'm guessing the sound would be somewhat high-pitch bordering on becoming light.

So, to lift the veil, there is SOUND, WORD, voice of LIGHT, CURVES. This is a word or sound that only man can make. Anyone have an idea of what this sound may be, only speakable by through the light of man?

A sound like light itself...

[edit on 4-7-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Here are the relevant parts to unveling the true form:

Only by sound could their faces be seen.

Came they to man and taught him the secret,
the WORD that only a man can pronounce

Hear ye and heed my wisdom,
the voice of LIGHT is clear.

Move they only through angles.
Free are they not of the curved dimensions.

Open thy mouth and use thou thy Voice.
Utter the WORD and thou shalt be free.

Their sound:
And if while free from thy body,
though hearest the sound like the bay of a hound
ringing clear and bell-like through thy being,

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ignore this post.

I'm reading over them write now, I'll get back to you when Im done.

Deep

[edit on 4-7-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

The history of the tablets translated in the following pages is strange and beyond the belief of modern scientists. Their antiquity is stupendous, dating back some 36,000 years B.C. The writer is Thoth, an Atlantean Priest-King, who founded a colony in ancient Egypt after the sinking of the mother country.

He was the builder of the Great Pyramid of Giza, erroneously attributed to Cheops. In it he incorporated his knowledge of the ancient wisdom and also securely secreted records and instruments of ancient Atlantis.

For some 16,000 years, he ruled the ancient race of Egypt, from approximately 52,000 B.C. to 36,000 B.C. At that time, the ancient barbarous race among which he and his followers had settled had been raised to a high degree of civilization.

I'm sorry but I am having a hard time believing this, and I hope that I am not the only one.

Was man even capable of such achievments of thought 36000 years ago?

Deep

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Thoth is deified as the God of Wisdom in Egypt. So whether the dates are correct or not is up for debate, but I'd be more concerned with where are these tablets now.

Here is some background on the tablets:
www.crystalinks.com...

These tablets were supposedly translated by Doreal in 1925. Alexander the Great is supposedly the last one to have seen them before this and their wherabouts were hidden for a time with his death. Apparently now, they are somewhere in the Giza pyramid after being taken to South America.

Here's another link of the background and such:
www.marsearthconnection.com...

Here's a background on Thoth:
touregypt.net...

Here is a link regarding the Book of Thoth:
touregypt.net...

One day he read in a crumbling scroll about another son of another pharaoh who had been a scribe and magician: Nefrekeptah, the son of Amenhotep. He had lived three hundred years earlier and had been regarded as the mightiest magician in Egypt, for he had found and read the Book of Thoth, the secrets of the god of wisdom. The Book of Thoth was a collection of magics that would enable the reader to know the language of the animals, to cast great spells, even to enchant the sky and the earth itself!

This may refer to the Book of the Dead though.

Here's a big one....we may actually be searching for the Tablets by Hermes!!! Hermes is the Greek equivalent of the Egyptian Thoth and they are considered pseudonyms. Here is a link to Hermes tablets and their translations:

www.sacred-texts.com...

From Tablet 8 8) With great capacity it ascends from earth to heaven. Again it descends to earth, and takes back the power of the above and the below.

This is from a translation written in 650. Many translations came from around Greece where Alexander the Great was. So there is a set of emerald tablets written right after christianity started.

Many skeptics argue that this set of emerald tablets:

Authorities do not agree as to the genuineness of this Table, some declaring it to be a post-Christian fraud, but there is much evidence that, regardless of its author, the Table is of great antiquity.

Apparently there are many translations of the Emerald Tablets of HERMES. It will take some time to put the background together. But my question still stands about the sound.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by Jamuhn]

d1k

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
What are these tablets? Can you provide any links to some more info please?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I just did, the Emerald Tablets of Hermes are widely available. Apparently Hermes and Thoth are the same person.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The history of the tablets translated in the following pages is strange and beyond the belief of modern scientists. Their antiquity is stupendous, dating back some 36,000 years B.C. The writer is Thoth, an Atlantean Priest-King, who founded a colony in ancient Egypt after the sinking of the mother country.

Okay... from the top:
THOSE "emerald tablets" are a modern fake.

There's another set of documents (the ones referenced by sacredtexts.com) that are alchemical formulas and date to 1000AD or a bit earlier. They have a formula for immortality on them, they're fairly short, and the code has been interpreted in many different ways.

THESE "Atlantean Emerald Tablets" are a hoax. They were supposedly guarded by a monk who just *happened* to be the only person who could read them and just *happened* to pass on the knowledge to only one English speaking person who suddenly showed up. These huge sheets of emerald then conveniently disappear from the face of the earth.

Nor is there any evidence of Atlantis beyond Plato's tale. Even Plato's tale places Atlantis's presumed existance at no more than 9,000 BC.

He was the builder of the Great Pyramid of Giza, erroneously attributed to Cheops.

This, of course, means you have to ignore all the hieroglyphs that appear on the monuments and in the houses and in the bakeries and in the other buildings around the pyramids... where people were writing about building the pyramid and where Cheops is mentioned specifically.

Not Thoth.

You'd think that if they were building it for Thoth, they would come out and say so on the lists of things (like the load of limestone blocks... we have a lot of the overseers' lists that say when some shipment arrived and what it was for and so on and so forth and how they were used in building the pyramids.)

No. The fact that someone claims this is yet another proof that it's fraud.

For some 16,000 years, he ruled the ancient race of Egypt, from approximately 52,000 B.C. to 36,000 B.C. At that time, the ancient barbarous race among which he and his followers had settled had been raised to a high degree of civilization.

I'm afraid not. We do have some artifacts from that time period, and we do know something about the people living in the area at that time. There's no "high degree of civilization" there. They were hunter-gatherers, living in small groups, and they left a lot of traces. But there is no evidence of the wild claims this faked document makes.

There are a lot of people making up information to sell New Age books. Anything with "Atlantis" in it is a guaranteed hit... you should see some of the weird devices that people sell, claiming they're "genuine Atlantean mind-control devices" and so forth. This is just a scheme to part gullible people from money.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yea, I realize that noone has seen the original Emerald Tablets. And I don't see where the money part fits in because these articles are free from the website.

There's another set of documents (the ones referenced by sacredtexts.com) that are alchemical formulas and date to 1000AD or a bit earlier. They have a formula for immortality on them, they're fairly short, and the code has been interpreted in many different ways.

Some believe these to be a fake as well. What I am trying to find out is what these may be based upon.

You'd think that if they were building it for Thoth, they would come out and say so on the lists of things (like the load of limestone blocks... we have a lot of the overseers' lists that say when some shipment arrived and what it was for and so on and so forth and how they were used in building the pyramids.)

Noooo! I think that Thoth designed them!!

The point I am trying to get across is searching for history of the tablets throughout known artifacts. I'd rather you adress that point. While it seems they may refer to alchemy, there may be another element to them. So you think the search for evidence is pointless, is that what you are trying to get across? Bah! Anyway, I'm going to look into these alchemical formulas and see what I come up with.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
i dont know if its fake or not but

I read once some parts of the tablets but i dont trust it(not if its real but the storie behind it)

Here i think he is talking about astral-or-oobe:
i will just quote some pieces of the last tablet:

When ye have released the self from the body,
rise to the outermost bounds of your earth-plane.
Speak ye the word Dor-E-Lil-La.

Yea, to the highest worlds may ye pass.
See your own possible heights of unfoldment,
know all earthly futures of Soul.

Hear ye while I give the greatest of secrets:
how ye may enter the Halls of Amenti,
enter the place of the immortals as I did,
stand before the Lords in their places.

Pronounce the words of power I give (mentally);
Mekut-El-Shab-El Hale-Sur-Ben-El-Zabrut Zin-Efrim-Quar-El.
Relax thy mind and thy body.
Then be sure your soul will be called.

When they refuse thee, as surely they will,
command them to open by these words of power:
I am the Light. For me are no barriers.
Open, I command, by the Secret of Secrets
Edom-El-Ahim-Sabbert-Zur Adom.

What he says is that when you left your body, speak some words, spoken correctly, then for six hours you can go where you want to.
But he also says that by speaking mentally a sentence, you can pass the Halls of Amenti, now i heard some weird things about that but i cant remember what it was. I really would not recommend anyone to try it out, since he is about things such as "enter the place of the immortals as I did" which could be anything from good to evil.

Edit: i just found somethinh about Amenti

When a man dies, he passes the western horizon and descends through Atmu's abode into Amenti, the Nether World. The salvation of his personality depends, according to Egyptian belief, upon the preservation of his "double," or his "other self," which, remaining in the tomb, resides in the mummy or in any statue of his body.

[edit on 6/7/04 by Vault]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ok, so there is the Smaragdine Table of Hermes of Alchemy. First, this page contains translations of the Smaragdine that seem to be devoid of any alchemical/chemistry/physics meaning:

www.sacred-texts.com...

One literal translation describes the origin:

0) Here is that which the priest Sagijus of Nabulus has dictated concerning the entrance of Balinas into the hidden chamber... After my entrance into the chamber, where the talisman was set up, I came up to an old man sitting on a golden throne, who was holding an emerald table in one hand. And behold the following - in Syriac, the primordial language- was written thereon:

And Tablet 9, which is a theme found in tablet 9 on crystalinks.com:

9) because the light of lights within it, thus does the darkness flee before it.

All of these translation deal with the metaphysical nature of everything. It is easy to see why alchemists would attach this metaphysical nature as you will see...

Here is another article establishing that there is no chemistry meaning to the original Smaragdine:

As implied early in this article, the Table appears to contain no chemistry.

www.hexagongirl.com...

We may ask ourselves, what is alchemy? Alchemy translates to something along the lines of, "cast together." Alchemy is used to manipulate our seemingly fixed perception of our surroundings. First of all, casting together would be the process of making things one. Well, look at a translation of the second line of the Smaragdine:

2) It attests: The above from the below, and the below from the above -the work of the miracle of the One.

www.sacred-texts.com...

This seems to be a common theme among the Smaragdine. Secondly, I took this from a site about the definition of alchemy:

To understand the alchemists, it is helpful to consider how wonderfully magical the conversion of one substance into another would seem in a culture with no formal understanding of physics or chemistry. To the alchemist, there was no compelling reason to separate the chemical (material) dimension from the interpretive, symbolic or philosophical one. In those times a physics devoid of metaphysical insight would have been as partial and incomplete as a metaphysics devoid of physical manifestation. So the alchemical symbols and processes often had both an inner meaning referring to the spiritual development of the practitioner as well as a material meaning connected to physical transformation of matter.

www.wordiq.com...

As you see, Smaragdine contained a metaphysical nature to it. Alchemists were inseperable from a metaphysical nature. Their ultimate goal was to manipulate their reality based on a metaphysical understanding. Seems very akin to magik or any other spirituality. Why would they want to make gold? For money obviously, but they have other aspirations as well.

Now, in the picture we have a philosopher named Hortulanus. Hortulanus relays the information given from Hermes. Look at one of the key sentences he exclaims in his prayer:

O holy Trinitie, that art the onely one God, perfect man, I give thee thankes that having the knowledge of the transitorie things of this worlde (least I should bee provoked with the pleasures thereof) of thy abundant mercie thou hast taken mee from it.

This is very much in-line with the crystallinks.com translation establishing Thoth's words that even death is an illusion:

Man's search for understanding of the laws which regulate his life has been unending, yet always just beyond the veil which shields the higher planes from material man's vision the truth has existed, ready to be assimilated by those who enlarge their vision by turning inward, not outward, in their search.

www.crystalinks.com...

But anyway, Hortulanus established the being of the stones. The stones in the crystallinks.com translation were described as such:

They consist of twelve tablets of emerald green, formed from a substance created through alchemical transmutation.
They are imperishable, resistant to all elements and substances. In effect, the atomic and cellular structure is fixed, no change ever taking place.
In this respect, they violate the material law of ionization.

*Same link

Here is how Hortulanus describes them:

For this cause is the Stone saide to be perfect, because it hath in it the nature of Minerals, Vegetables, and Animals: for the stone is three, and one having foure natures, to wit, the foure elements, & three colours, black, white and red. It is also called a graine of corne, which if it die not, remaineth without fruit: but if it doo die (as is above said) when it is ioyned in coniunction, it bringeth forth much fruite, the aforenamed operations being accomplished

www.sacred-texts.com...

So, I think it obvious now why the tablets are considered to be a huge part of alchemy. First, the inseperation of metaphysics from alchemy and the nature of the stones themselves.

Obviously, we can now deduce that the crystal links translation is based on something of the same nature, especially if you follow this link:
www.sacred-texts.com...

Once again I point out the similarities between tablet 9 in crystal links and some of the literal translations of 9 in that website:

9) because the light of lights within it, thus does the darkness flee before it.
9) Thus you will receive the glory of the distinctiveness of the world. All obscurity will flee from you.
9) By this means you will acquire the glory of the whole world, and so you will drive away all shadows and blindness.
9) so as to posses the glory of the whole world- and beyond this man of abject fate may have nothing further.
9) By this wilt thou partake of the honours of the whole world. And Darkness will fly from thee.

So, whether the crystallinks translation is an incorrect translation, I do not know, I will address that in my next post. But the metaphysical nature of the tablet still stands.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamuhnThe point I am trying to get across is searching for history of the tablets throughout known artifacts. I'd rather you adress that point.

That was my point. It's not a "known artifact." There's no photos, no evidence. Just someone with a story of Mysterious Tablets that nobody has seen and which aren't available.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
But there is the Smaragdine of Hermes, who is the Greek God equivalent of the Egyptian God Thoth. As well, there are Arabic equivalents of this tablet in the Kitab Sirr al-Asar, Kitab Ustuqus al-Uss al-Thani, Kitab Sirr al-Khaliqa wa San`at al-Tabi`a or Kitab Balaniyus al-Hakim fi'l-`Ilal. This would be strange seeing as Hermes is a greek God. Now we have many similarities between this last book and the Syriac Book of Treasures as well as writings by bishop Nemesius of Emesa in Syria. Though, these writings do not contain the tablet.
The last book is of Balaniyus, or Balinus, and the story goes that he found the tablet.

Balinas is usually identified with Apollonius of Tyna, but there is little evidence to connect him with the Kitab Balabiyus, and even if there was,the story implies that Balinas found the tablet rather than wrote it, and the recent discoveries of the dead sea scrolls and the nag hamamdi texts suggest that hiding texts in caves is not impossible, even if we did not have the pyramids before us.

www.world-mysteries.com...

Ruska is the man who found the Arabic writings and he suggests that the tablet originally came from somewhere in the east.

Ruska has suggested an origin further east, and Needham has proposed an origin in China.

Except, that the Americas was considered a passage to the East. And what would be more east than China, the Mayas. Here is a quote from the crystallinks.com translation:

The particular group of priests bearing the tablets emigrated to South America where they found a flourishing race, the Mayas who remembered much of the ancient wisdom.
Among these, the priests settled and remained. In the tenth century, the Mayas had thoroughly settled the Yucatan, and the tablets were placed beneath the altar of one of the great temples of the Sun God.
After the conquest of the Mayas by the Spaniards, the cities were abandoned and the treasures of the temples forgotten.

So, there is a similarity in that the East could have been South America.

www.crystalinks.com...

Here is another quote, which sums up my belief about the lack of physical evidence:

the recent discoveries of the dead sea scrolls and the nag hamamdi texts suggest that hiding texts in caves is not impossible, even if we did not have the pyramids before us.

Although, this could be the case, or it is somewhere within the Gaza pyramid. Maybe you could be a little more supportive in my search seeing as 1. we are still finding artifacts and 2. the chambers and secrets in Giza could be hiding the book. Unless, you believe that archaelogists have already found all the artifacts in the world....

More to come.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
These are the books generally attributed to hermes. Most of them are debunked on the basis of the dating of the grammar. An unspecified few may be of pharonic origin. Even then, we're talking about sometime after 3000 BC, not 34,000 BC.

en.wikipedia.org...
This is the linguistic family that spawned Syriac. It isn't old enough to be relevant- 700 BC is the time it's dated to. And, of course, a Christian Bishop has nothing relevant to say about pharonic religion.

Your kitabs, the book of treasures, and the smaragdine are not mentioned in wikipedia. Considering the amount of useless knowledge available there, I tend to be initially suspicious of things nobody on wikipedia knows about.

Nobody of authority has ever attributed Hermes or Thoth to Atlantis. How do I know this? Because there'd be a whole lot of noise about an Egyptian or Greek confirmation of Atlantis!

I'm not saying there's nothing to learn about Thoth and Hermes, but I believe you are allowing fantastic claims of hoaxers to obscure more the true nature of the stories, which may still be important, and even "a good story" for we who love Indiana Jones movies.
Who knows... maybe Thoth WAS a wise man from a lost civilization, an alien, an angel, or some kind of super-man who had better use of his mind than most. For that matter maybe he left a 57 chevy and a laser gun under the pyramids (i rule out almost nothing), but let's go after EVIDENCE and present strong theories. I'm not here to trade campfire stories.

I've learned something discouraging- I'm not going to find truth for sale as part of a boxed set on some obscure web page. I'm going to have to grind minute details against eachother and follow the most obscure links in mythology to put together a story that makes since, and holds out against the evidence. (for example, i'm currently trying to use the real characters, events, and civilizations in greek mythology to establish when the events occurred that formed the basis for the mythology, and as a result to establish a timeframe for the flood, Atlantis, and other things which can be compared to other historical accounts to see if any new facts can be established, or old theories bolstered.)

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I don't think you two are understanding me. I am not agreeing with the dates of the work. If this stone work was already found to originate from that date, then there would be upheavel, and it would be the oldest work ever found. As well, I am not agreeing that Thoth was an Atlantean priest-king.

What I am interested in is discovering the true origins of Smaragdine.

Your kitabs, the book of treasures, and the smaragdine are not mentioned in wikipedia. Considering the amount of useless knowledge available there, I tend to be initially suspicious of things nobody on wikipedia knows about.

Yes, the book you refer to are The Emerald Tablets, or Smaragdine. Look here from the same website:

The "Emerald Tablet" or Hermetica of Thrice-Greatest Hermes, which is known only through Greek and Arabic translations, is generally understood to form the basis for Western alchemical philosophy and practice, called the hermetic philosophy by its early practitioners.

en.wikipedia.org...

Vagabond:

These are the books generally attributed to hermes. Most of them are debunked on the basis of the dating of the grammar. An unspecified few may be of pharonic origin. Even then, we're talking about sometime after 3000 BC, not 34,000 BC.

Yes, that is why I am trying to find what the Smaragdine/Emerald Tablets/Hermetica is based on.

The city of Alexandria in Egypt was a center of alchemical knowledge, and retained its preminence even after the decline of ancient Egyptian culture, through most of the Greek and Roman periods. Unfortunately, practically no original Egyptian documents on alchemy have survived. Those writings, if they existed, were likely lost when the emperor Diocletian ordered the burning of alchemical books after suppressing a revolt in Alexandria (296), which had been a center of Egyptian alchemy. Egyptian alchemy is known mostly through the writings of ancient (Hellenic) Greek philosophers, which in turn have often survived only in Islamic translations.

As you see, other paper documents were burned. But the Emerald Tablets themselves are said to be indestructible, that is what the tablets themselves say!!!

As well, I found it interesting that Plato is our only source of Atlantis and these works themselves are considered to be Neo-Platonic. Perhaps, it was Plato who was influenced by Thoth works.

Here is some background to show that Hermes and Thoth are the same person from your site:

Legend has it that the founder of Egyptian alchemy was the god Thoth, called Hermes-Thoth or Thrice-Great Hermes (Hermes Trismegistus) by the Greek. According to legend, he wrote what were called the forty-two Books of Knowledge, covering all fields of knowledge � including alchemy. Hermes's symbol was the caduceus or serpent-staff, which became one of many of alchemy's principal symbols.

The third incarnation is believed to be Balinus.

So please, I urge you to be supportive, this kind of UNFOUNDED attitude towards what I am doing is frankly annoying. Maybe you would like to read over what I have presented so far. These works do exist in what I believe is an abridged form, whether Dorean's translations were founded, we will see.

Once again, I am now occupying myself with discovering the true origins, which even your website showed there was something else behind.

Anyway, thanks for the links, now I can check more into Hermetica and the other wikipedia pages.

And like I said before, I have not finished, more to come...

[edit on 7-7-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with being interested in the valid works of the hermetica. There probably is something to find in ancient alchemy, even if it isn't about serpent-men being revealed by sound.
My point is that many of the things you referred to as valid sources were better left out of your search.

Also, the "emerald tablet" of hermes is known only through translations- meaning that tablet has never been found and may not be related in any way to the other tablets discussed, right?

I dont mean to be negative, because I honestly do believe in questioning established theories and researching what many ignore. It's just that when there's gold hidden in a pile of bull turds, the turds are what most people notice first. Some of the sources you started with were hiding gold in turd. Others of them might not have had any gold.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That's the whole thing though, I believe the tablets are confused with the idea of mainstream alchemy because of their metaphysical nature and of what the tablets are supposedly made of.

The philosophy revealed in the original tablets and what they are said to be made of connects the different translations IMO.

Though, the tablets are only known through translations, it is my hypothesis that they were based on something physical that is yet unfound.

And yes, I am picking out of the theories what I believe is relevant. It is just much easier to point out someone making an assumption than to reveal the whole process of how the assumption was arrived at.

Though, I am still not sure about the Doreal translation in my first post. That is just what got me started on this. The ideas presented are kind of like my hypothesis. I want to see how valid this information may be. Right now, I am looking at the Mayans to see whether there are any connections as far as the book arriving to this place at one time. In particular, I am checking out the mythology of the Mayans.

But anyway, what I want to find out is where these translations originated, as in place and time to get an understanding of the passage of the original tablet (assuming it exists).

I also want to see what connections there are to metaphysical philosophy seeing as the more recent translations are considered a rip off of Platonic philosophy, although I don't believe so. What connections there may be to Atlantis, seeing as Plato is our only source of this information.

Maybe get an idea of the last place these books were seen, whether I will use the Doreal translation or not I don't know.
And like you said, maybe lead some one to some sort of Indian Jones quest, but that is not my top priority.

And lastly, as I stated with my very first post, decide what implications there may be upon our view of reality based on the tablets.

I just want to provide detailed, comprehensive research into the Emerald Tablets/Smaragdine/Hermetica, which I think will reveal a lot in many aspects of history and our current reality.

You are more than welcome to help, I submitted a research request to ADVISOR. If you think there is something important in this research, you should second my request.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Interesting theory though.

The idea that sound waves can be used to distory and alter perception of light.

This certainly adds a little more weight (I use the phrase lightly) to the Reptile theory - altering sound and light sounds more plausable than shapeshifting (which would require altering of the DNA surely?)

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
A sound only man can make.
Laughter.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Velvetsplash opens a point I hadn't considered, but it is double edged. The idea of sound being used to distort light should be beyond any ancient culture, as it concerns the singular nature of energy (the idea that that sound and light are but different frequencies of the same force).
So, if that translation were legit, we would have to research their understanding of physics. If it were debunked, that would become an additonal point in the debunking (pointing to more modern origin).

If I'm not exceptionally busy I'd be happy to do some research on the Hermetica. (however I'm currently locked in moral combat with the legacy of an electrical engineer at Chevy, who seems to have been injesting large quantities of narcotics on the job- *the courtesy light comes on when the two positive leads to my radio come into contact!*)
Back to my point though, you subject actually interests me, so yeah I will contribute. I start my interest in simple awe at the fact that so many belief systems prominently feature serpents, but alchemy also interests me because it presents more "down to earth" possibilities for over-looked history.
I'd like it very much if we agreed to stick to verifiable subjects. (Thoth is Hermes, Enki, and Enoch = worth researching. Thoth is from Atlantis = initial skepticism.) That being said, i'll back you up with Advisor. (do i U2U him, or is there a thread for this?)

And, since I'm going to be helping Jamuhn look for wise moon gods, I'd feel a whole lot better about this if Byrd agreed to comment on my research from time to time and perhaps suggest a few questions that we should task ourselves with answering in this search. (Specifically Byrd, I'm asking what you think about Thoth/Hermes and what's the most important question you could possibly ask about him?)

Vagabond Out

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join