It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Oh I'm sorry it came off that way. I completely agree with you and I'm ALL about freedom of speech. Thanks for the reply! =p

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
When our american government begins its depopulation, when it THINKS it will fema camp us. We citizens will come out in masses stand side by side, bearing our arms. Those who are unarmed will be standing behind us thinking back to the days of critsizing me, thankful we have our weapons. We will fight with intent we will prevail, for when pushed to the point we americans have will. How will I know They began this distructive deed? Our land she has mass she is wide from sea to sea. Quietly and innerly we know -we see, we wait we ready, let them see, Who are we....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

The million $$$ question is will they? All this does us no good if we are not going to stand up to them. If we dont we deserve to lose the guns and our rights

I would like to add that while it may seem I am wanting a bloody revolt I would stress using everything else first, the vote, protests, writings just like this etc. Personally I think if we just said NO loud enough they would back down
edit on 15-12-2010 by lastrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Now to me I can understand why a farmer might own a few shotguns or a hunter might own a few hunting rifles but why does anyone need a semi-automatic, unless their objective is to kill.

It helps to understand the history of the second amendment...

These are the reasons given below (according to numerous State constitutions which further clarify)

deterring undemocratic government;
repelling invasion;
suppressing insurrection;
facilitating a natural right of self-defense;
participating in law enforcement;
enabling the people to organize a militia system,

In colonial America, the English sought to disarm the populace, so this amendment simply codified an existing right. A disarmed populace is ripe for complete control by a tyrannical government.

Now, it can be argued that any weapon owned by a private citizen is nothing compared to the modern military machine (and I'd agree), but the spirit of the law is still valid I believe.

In the Revolutionary War, the use of local militias (made up of citizens with their own arms) was crucial to victory.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

What is it with people saying that the second amendment is no good unless there's bloodshed?

No one wants a civil war. No one actually wants a revolution. The Second Amendment isn't about going hog wild whenever government steps out of line..The Second Amendment is a remedy of absolute last resort. It is so at the individual level as well as the national level.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I agree 100% that is why I stress standing up to them NOW and not when they decide to finish off the few rights we have left. A new civil war would make the last one look like a lovefest and would probably result in deaths in the millions not to even mention the disruption in society that would kill even more and possibly collaspe governments across the globe.

No sane person would want that. Even the founding fathers tried to avoid the revolution, using protests and information first and that is where it shouild start here

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'm Armed to the Teeth & loving it...

Not even gonna have this discussion
Those who know ....Know

And those who don't, can go Ahead

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Anyone arguing against the second amendment just disgusts me. Wake up and look at the reality all around you.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
reply to post by 547000

The million $$$ question is will they? All this does us no good if we are not going to stand up to them. If we dont we deserve to lose the guns and our rights

I would like to add that while it may seem I am wanting a bloody revolt I would stress using everything else first, the vote, protests, writings just like this etc. Personally I think if we just said NO loud enough they would back down
edit on 15-12-2010 by lastrebel because: (no reason given)

I totally agree and this is why I said, we are armed and if need be we WILL come out in mass to defend ourselves

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

If you had any understanding of the forefathers or the reason they added the second ammendment, you would know why it is paramount for the citizenry to have a right to self-defense in the face of tyranny.

If you had any understanding of history from this past decade, you would know that Hitler and Stalin BOTH disarmed the citizenry BEFORE they advanced their radical tyranny.

If you had any common sense, you would understand that the only thing keeping you from servitude to the state are those very guns that you describe as "evil".

If all guns WERE outlawed, then only the government and criminals would own them and you would be at the mercy of both...and, I might add, this website would no longer exist!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Here is the perfect reason why you need a gun in the USA.
If this guy in the vid did not have a gun he would probably be dead and or his family raped.

Irregardless of your point of view. A gun is simply a tool. It's not evil. In the right hands it can be a force for good. In the wrong hands. well just watch the video.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Americans have the right to bear arms so that if the government ever becomes too oppressive or tyrannic, that we as a people can rise up and fight them off. Now, surely, the writers of the constitution did not anticipate the inventions that came about in the world wars and afterward, but the concept is the same. We need to be able to have weapons so that we can fight off our government, which is an institution created BY THE PEOPLE for the sole purpose of serving THE PEOPLE. The moment that government becomes about taking from the people and not offering service in return, that is when government is no longer effective and needs to be shut down.

That's why we need guns, in the truest sense of why it is in the constitution.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Most anti-gun people will say- just declare them illegal and take them away. This would prevent gun violence. Uh huh-right. Owning a gun is a right, and one that I will never give up. If you make firearms illegal, the only people that would give the guns (by force - ha ha) would be the law biding citizens. If you really think that criminals would give up guns, your are seriously misinformed. The only thing this would accomplish is limiting lawful people from protecting themselves. Criminals would never give up guns.
I woke up numerous occasions when I was a kid to the sound of gunfire. I would go outside and my dad would have 6 loaded guns lined up on the porch. He would be firing at cattle rustlers. He would unload one on the tractor trailer full of screaming criminals as my mother was loading the previously spent rifles.
That bunch of rustlers never came back. We had guns everywhere growing up. We took safety classes and never ever messed with them.
People are killed with knives and baseball bats all the time. So no more turkey dinner or baseball-right?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
A little history on "Gun Control"...
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20
million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. >From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians,
unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million
Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and
exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political
dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan
Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians,
unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated
people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun
control: 56 million.

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
And then this which I love:

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to
be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk
somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate,
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by glimmerman

I don’t have a gun, I am a citizen, not a subject.

Why is it that America is so different, why is that other countries can do without them yet America cant. You should have ripped up the second amendment in the 50’s.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

I don’t have a gun, I am a citizen, not a subject.

Why is it that America is so different, why is that other countries can do without them yet America cant. You should have ripped up the second amendment in the 50’s.

Thank God you're in Scotland. Please stay there.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

They didn't die because of gun control, they died because there are some evil bastards in this world who will stop at nothing to impose their will, control people and gain power, usually in the name of one political or religious belief or another!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

It's easy to follow flawed logic to the OP's conclusion; if no one has guns, no one will need guns and no one will get shot. Well, once you take all of the guns away from good, law abiding, honest citizens through laws and regulations, who is left with all of the weaponry? Criminals, cops and military. So before you had people who could at least TRY to defend themselves against any attacker, govt funded or otherwise, now you've got a powerless proletariat who has to just do anything the guys with guns tell them to.
Now, why is it so far fetched an idea that the government may one day come into your home and take your guns? Because you say it is?
Should the folks who fought the revolutionary war just have handed their guns over to the Brits? That would have saved many lives if we had just gotten on our knees and let the Crown have its way with our virgin nation. Instead, we wrote the right to bear arms into our constitution and kicked the redcoats off our newly acquired land. America also slipped into a civil war once. Now, under the OP's guidance, we would have no guns, so if Civil War 2 broke out, you would be forced to pick a side and enlist in the official fight if you wanted to defend your family and your home. You wouldn't be able to sit on the sidelines and let the barbarians hammer it out. Is it just some paranoid fantasy to think that REAL things that have REALLY happened in history may happen again? Is it so far fetched that the American people might not want to be debt-slaves, and might finally stand up to the FED and the banks and do something about it one day? Or that the American govt might continue their crusade against Islamic boogeymen and start attacking any Americans that don't worship Washington?
OP- when you are ready to come to the real world, where bad men have lots of guns, we will have a shotty and ammo boxes waiting for you. I just hope it doesn't take you getting shot in the face to come to your senses.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

Hey badgered1!

Do you agree with Kevin,that the 2nd amendment[ADOPTED:1st Session of Congress IN FORCE: December 15, 1791]. should be ripped up? Read it mate! "to keep and bear arms" plural as I see it. See, it's not only water that seperates us, it's our freedoms. We don't bow to any Queen or King like you have to do, when your in their presence. Right? You say you have been living in my country for 20yrs and that you are a Brit. Right? Why is that? We will not become the Lord Chamberlains of your country. I don't give a rats arse whether you think the ratio of guns to gun owners is SILLY and QUITE OFFENSIVE. Don't forget,we saved your arses with all our guns. You guys are probably tired of hearing that. Oh yes, lets set the record straight.You have been living in my country,the one that my Father and Uncle fought for, for 20yrs and your not a U.S. citizen? What gives you that right? Freedom is afforded to me by MY CONSTITUTION, not yours. Your either with us or against us. As Meatloaf says "What's it gonna be boy, yes or no"? If you don't like this right go back across the pond and bow to your Queen! I'd say by the responses from my Bretheren, that you might not want to pick a fight with us! God Bless America!

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join