It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dark figure by my bed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Good, Finally someone that has had the experience�..

It does suck. I have had them done to me for years (as a test subject), because my mother was one of the first people registered in the field. I started being a tech during collage, which I attended to become a computer engineering major (due to my bad spelling, HA!).

The EEG paste is a bit on the hard side to get off, but if you put shampoo (before using water) directly on the spots it comes off fairly easily. If they used Kolonien on you it only comes off with time and Acetone.

The machine you are referring too is called a CPAP machine and it is used to open your airway to allow you to breath properly at night. It is difficult to become used to. If you where diagnosed with sleep apnea (if they sent you back for a second night, then you where), then I suggest that you go back and start the process over. Sleep medicine like any other field moves along and there better machines out there now like the C-FLEX units.

If there is anyone out there that has ever had a CPR class, they can show you that one of the first things that needs to be done prior to rescue breathing is to open the airway. This is the same thing that happens when you have apnea, the muscles relax (just like if you where unconscious), and the airway closes up. The CPAP or Constant Positive Airway Pressure machine is used to create a static pressure pocket in your esophagus and keep your airway open. This allows you to maintain a proper level of sleep staging, and remain asleep in REM (when the muscles are most relaxed). It works in a manner similar to the way that they use air to upright flipped over semi-trucks. It uses air pressure to lift the tissue out of the way of your breathing. You do, however; have to become used to breathing out against the incoming pressure, like scuba diving. If you felt the air, if you felt like you where suffocating, or if you felt burning it was due to mask/oral leakage.

If you do not follow your doctor�s orders and continue the way you are, then you will slowly have more and more health problems over the years (including cardiac). NOW not all sleep technicians are the same, just like anything else, some take the time to explain all this to their patients and some don�t. Some just want to stick wires on someone and put them to bed as fast as possible so they can go post stuff on the internet (joke, HAHA..). Some like me try and explain this stuff to people because it makes both their, and the patients life easier in the long run. I don�t know where you had your study done, but I can try and help you find someone who is a worth while tech, and will explain stuff to you if it helps, you can speak to me through my personal e-mail if you wish.

Sleep is a big part of your life; you spend 1/3 of your existence here doing it. If you have problems with it then its most assuredly going to affect the other 2/3�s of the time you spend here.

Like I said, I am not slamming anyone, you can bad mouth sleep medicine to your hearts content, but I bet I can describe you to a T. If you don�t believe me, try me�..

I am open minded about stuff, and am willing to help anyone that is honestly looking for it, but if you would rather find help in some alternative solution, then the choice is yours�..

Oh, but don�t expect it to solve much

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Paul_Richard

Thanks! If they come back I'll send them to you. LOL

I always thought poltergeist were harmless.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well this is to Paul_Richard.

�Contrary to the Freudian paradigm, and I know this from many years of direct experience, when people go to sleep at night, one part of the brain does not �turn on� to create their dreams. What really happens is that when people sleep, they become more receptive to telepathic messages from discarnate which are usually represented symbolically.�

First let me say that what EEG and MRI scans show, is that NO part of the brain shuts down in sleep or REM sleep. I know this because I HAVE PERSONNALLY SEEN IT FIRST HAND, have you?

�Tell me where they teach that in your medical curriculum?�

To this I say that they do not need to, its nonsense. They do not teach it because it is not true. I have given sound information that may be tracked or cross checked logically and scientifically, you are throwing out nonsense to try and win an argument.

�Try asking most doctors what vitamins to take to prevent illness and in what dosages.�

Most doctors I know, in this country, say that it is good to take a multi-vitamin once a day. You should not over-do the Iron; it is not too good for you.

�Tell us how your elimination of scientific factors allows you to even consider that all nightmares come from spirits?
Cite ONE study in the medical community that points to this.�

I don�t have to I can site many medical documents that show that nightmares are a common and frequent thing, that often have a mundane trigger mechanism. Most dreams in general (not, all but most) are a transferring of short to long term memory and occur in REM sleep (hence the memory problems with long term sleep apnea patients). The truly significant Nightmares (what those of us, with some education refer to as night-terrors) are often related to seizure activity in the brain.

I guess that this is a loosing argument, I can now see how people with any common sense are labeled as disinformation agents, with you guys, there is no wining. With those that still believe that the world is flat, or any other who-do nonsense out there��

Your right it was a ghost, alien, or maybe just peter pan looking for his shadow�..

I challenge you to come spend a few nights where I work and see for yourself, first hand, but you will not, DENIAL is what you believe; it is what you want to hear. You will not learn fact, you only want to hear fiction, and if you cannot find it, you make it up.

You have my email if you choose to learn something real. There are many things out there much more deserving then this to be talked about or studied. This is a waste of time and typing�..

OR better yet, take up the thrown down gauntlet and have a sleep study done, post the results, I can tell by the info posted if you did or not, if your study is negative I will eat crow�� The worst that could happen is that your problem will be fixed.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Defcon5.... Sleep Tech, that's an interesting field. Thanks for your reply. I have a respect for the medical and science field, but I don't think I have a sleeping disorder. Alot happens thats science can't explain. I do not believe this was imagined.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thank you, I hope I did not annoy you with the posts. I just cannot stand when someone throws ration out the window because it does not go along with what they want so desperately to believe in. They would rather make up things then believe what science or research has learned. Believe me there are many things that are unexplained, without having to make stuff up. Sleep like any field still has its unexplained events, but then some are cut and dry.

Well you got my message, good luck to you and if you change your mind, drop me a line�..

Oh by the way I still cannot explain the rubber band thing, might be related, might just be coincidence, or who knows�...

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Defcon5...... Thanks ! I'm not annoyed.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by ms_Bhavn]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well good luck then.

Peace

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
One time I had this experience when I was laying in bed and I felt a hand on the small of my back. I didn't think it was a threatening experience, just a gentle reminder, because I had been taking care of a neighbor's elderly mother. I think maybe this was "their" way of saying job well done.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hi Ms. Bhavn,

Yes, send them my way.

After I made that offer to you, I was told that that particular influence had already dissipated. This you probably already know.

I don't think you have a sleep disorder either. *L*

defcon5,

You stated:

First let me say that what EEG and MRI scans show, is that NO part of the brain shuts down in sleep or REM sleep. I know this because I HAVE PERSONNALLY SEEN IT FIRST HAND, have you?

You misquoted or perhaps just didn't understand me. What I stated was that when one sleeps, one part of the brain (what many like to call the subconscious) does not "turn on" to create dreams.

See the difference?

I inquired:

�Tell me where they teach that in your medical curriculum?�

And you replied:

To this I say that they do not need to, its nonsense. They do not teach it because it is not true. I have given sound information that may be tracked or cross checked logically and scientifically, you are throwing out nonsense to try and win an argument.

Ah, there we have that dialectical materialistic mindset peeking through again. The conclusions are slanted in accordance to the prejudice of the investigators.

I said:

�Try asking most doctors what vitamins to take to prevent illness and in what dosages.�

And you replied:

Most doctors I know, in this country, say that it is good to take a multi-vitamin once a day. You should not over-do the Iron; it is not too good for you.

One multi-vitamin a day, especially the worthless synthetic versions, is not enough. (I have also found that when you take vitamins individually they are more potent than when in a multi-vitamin � something that one learns simply through experience.) The tip about iron is true especially for men, not so much for women as they generally lose iron in their system comparatively faster. If you want to know about preventative nutrition, it is always a good idea to go to an expert in the field; in this case, we are not talking about a medical practitioner but a doctor of nutrition. This I have done in addition to using and researching vitamin supplementation for many years.

There is also a political and economic facet to all this. The American Medical Association (AMA) and the pharmaceutical companies know that vitamin supplements represent a multibillion dollar industry. They can't get their greedy little hands on that money anymore but they sure are lobbying intensely to take away the consumer power to purchase vitamins without a doctor's authorization.

I remember a classic court case whereby the AMA tried to stop the manufacture of vitamin pills that contained a certain degree of beta-carotene, stating that it was damaging to the body. A nutritionist countered their argument by holding up a carrot and stated that it contained the same amount of beta-carotene.

The lawsuit was thrown out of court. *L*

I stated:

�Tell us how your elimination of scientific factors allows you to even consider that all nightmares come from spirits? Cite ONE study in the medical community that points to this.�

I don�t have to...

You don't have to? *L*

I can site many medical documents that show that nightmares are a common and frequent thing, that often have a mundane trigger mechanism.

That is neither here nor there, as I am dubious of the accuracy of what you define as a "mundane trigger mechanism."

Most dreams in general (not, all but most) are a transferring of short to long term memory and occur in REM sleep (hence the memory problems with long term sleep apnea patients).

And how was that conclusion derived? How come it happens to some and not to others?

The truly significant Nightmares (what those of us, with some education refer to as night-terrors) are often related to seizure activity in the brain.

True, but that doesn't explain WHY nightmares occur.

I guess that this is a loosing argument, I can now see how people with any common sense are labeled as disinformation agents, with you guys, there is no wining. With those that still believe that the world is flat, or any other who-do nonsense out there��

Aw, come on, it was just starting to get fun!

We didn't get a chance to discuss near death experiences! *L*

Your right it was a ghost, alien, or maybe just peter pan looking for his shadow�..

There are conditions that can help bring on a nightmare, but the true cause of them are usually not one, but a group of spiritually indifferent discarnates.

I have personally experienced many incidents whereby I would have a dream, wake up from it, and continue on with the thread or conversation in the dream with those who orchestrated it.

I challenge you to come spend a few nights where I work and see for yourself, first hand, but you will not, DENIAL is what you believe; it is what you want to hear. You will not learn fact, you only want to hear fiction, and if you cannot find it, you make it up.

I have counseled many people about their dreams, about discarnate demonic attack which they have experienced, and also a number of people that have suffered from one or more alien abductions. If I happen to come across one of the poorly misguided patients in your facility, I would be happy to give them a few pointers; the first of which is to get them off of the debilitating drugs and boost their nutritional supplementation, as well as change their diet to eating more raw vegetables.

OR better yet, take up the thrown down gauntlet and have a sleep study done, post the results, I can tell by the info posted if you did or not, if your study is negative I will eat crow�� The worst that could happen is that your problem will be fixed.

Better yet, just telling people the true nature of dreams, as I am now, can greatly help them cope and understand them. It is also important to know that all dream symbolism is of a highly personal nature. One cannot purchase a book on dreams and expect those symbols to be the ones you receive or to be interpreted as they are on the printed page; it doesn't work that way.

Oftentimes, a dream that superficially appears to be erratic and not making sense, contains within it a profound insight that can only be uncovered if the dream symbolism is interpreted correctly.

One really good approach to this is to sincerely pray for an answer to a question before retiring. Do it every day until you receive an answer in the dream state. Write down in detail every single dream you have and then carefully go through each one.

The answers can often be quite surprising.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaskedAvatar
One time I had this experience when I was laying in bed and I felt a hand on the small of my back. I didn't think it was a threatening experience, just a gentle reminder, because I had been taking care of a neighbor's elderly mother. I think maybe this was "their" way of saying job well done.

This is a logical conclusion.

It probably was exactly what you have determined it to be.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well, I am rather busy as we speak dealing with work issues, so this is going to be brief. As I have already said there is plenty of medical and scientific data that is readily available on the net that shows what I am talking about. Between the two of us I have stated SPECIFIC language, data and equipment that are used in this field of profession. If you feel that my patients are misguided, then I would like to here from you what your PROFESSIONAL credentials are to be diagnosing anyone about anything. I have a VERY high success rate as a technician and have many facilities that want me to work for them.
How do find out what happens in the brain during such time as REM, well through a lot of years of research. Most of the time dealing with various patients that have different parts of their brains damaged, and by observing the effects that different disorders have on people over time. As a matter of fact there was one study that was preformed on cats where they cut the hypothaimus and the cats got up and acted out their dreams. I have stated fact; all I seem coming from you is conjecture and nonsense. You argue like a child that just keeps going, �I know your are but what am I?�
As far as vitamins go, well I am not a Doctor, nor do I have the YEARS of training that they do, or the ability to prescribe medications. So what you take for vitamins is up to you, but there is little proof that most vitamins are ingested into your system during the digestion process.
If you want to discuss near death experiences, there is a lab in Canada that can induce both the alien abduction scenario and near death experience by using the same equipment we use coupled with electromagnetic inductors placed in various EEG locations. So there is no further proof for you here either, it�s not spiritual when we can cause it to happen, it�s chemical or electrical.
If you think that I am arguing with you simply because I am a total advocate of science and medicine, and have no spirituality, then you are wrong. I am actually VERY spiritual, as I have already stated I have seen things that I cannot explain. But sometimes a duck is simply a duck��..

[edit on 7/7/2004 by defcon5]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
defcon5,

Experience is indeed often the best teacher. But if one has a biased perspective, one�s conclusions will always be off the mark.

Most of the doctors and scientists that have studied REM sleep do not truly know what causes it, despite their assertions that it is caused by a part of the brain. That brain facet which is stimulated during REM sleep is ONLY the RECEIVER, NOT the SOURCE.

Ah, there you have the crux of the situation!

If you are of the dialectical materialistic mindset, you say that a part of the brain is causing the REM sleep and dreams in general.

Spiritual mediums can tell you experientially that discarnates telepathically communicate with people through dreams and that this is the true cause of REM sleep.

In this instance, the "scientific" line of reasoning is tantamount to saying that a radar dish on an airport control tower is what causes the stimulus of "planes" to be received on the radar screen because they refuse to believe that �planes� exist independently of the control tower.

*LMAO*

Oh, this is far too much fun! *L*

...there is little proof that most vitamins are ingested into your system during the digestion process.

You believe that because you were taught that from the same people that have had very little nutritional education in med school.

Now, if you were to talk to a doctor of nutrition you would learn otherwise.

If you want to discuss near death experiences, there is a lab in Canada that can induce both the alien abduction scenario and near death experience by using the same equipment we use coupled with electromagnetic inductors placed in various EEG locations. So there is no further proof for you here either, it�s not spiritual when we can cause it to happen, it�s chemical or electrical.

What about the instances whereby people who are pronounced clinically dead by doctors and then come back, relay in detail what went on in the operating room between the doctors and nurses? Or when people are pronounced dead and then come back with stories and items of information about their surroundings that they could not possibly have known unless they actually left their body?

Ah, but the dialectical materialists ignore such data because it does not conform to their biased conclusions!

There are many NDE sites on the Net (a number of which have been referred to in this forum by TheBandit795 -- do a search), that have evidence supportive that near death experiences are valid and that consciousness can and does survive when the physical body dies.

If you think that I am arguing with you simply because I am a total advocate of science and medicine, and have no spirituality, then you are wrong. I am actually VERY spiritual, as I have already stated I have seen things that I cannot explain. But sometimes a duck is simply a duck��..

I didn't assert that you have no spirituality per se, only that you are misled (apparently in a number of areas) by the traditional medical community.

A duck is indeed a duck unless you are wearing glasses that make it look like a giraffe!

Fortunately, we all have something called a brain and it too can be used on occasion to ascertain truth.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here's a good reference site on Near Death Experiences:

Visions and memories can be created while the brain is dead.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have had an odd experience with a dark figure stood by my bed.

It was about 4 years ago so i would have been 12, me and my mum used to lodge at this house and i had no idea of any ghost.

One night i was in my mums room ( she was out so i decided to sleep in her room) and at about 6 am i woke up and just saw a dark figure stood at the end of my bed- the funny thing is i felt so calm and safe, it didnt freak me at all.

The next night i slept in the same room and believe it or not i woke up at 6am again and yes there was the figure.

I also had some starnge experiences when my grandma died and things still go missing now and just turn up in the most obvious places.

I really believe in the afterlife and that we just die and thats it... its a nicer thought anyway!

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well, lets back up here, you have actually managed to loose me, and I am not sure what you are talking about anymore, or perhaps I misunderstood you from the start.

I am sorry but I am not familiar with what you mean by saying that I have a,� dialectical materialistic mindset�. Are you saying that I only see things through worldly eyes, that I am materialistic, what?

Second you keep mentioning that, �discarnates telepathically communicate with people through dreams�. Alright what is a discarnate? A spirit, a ghost, an alien, what??? (Even my spell checker does not know what this means)

As far as the whole subject of vitamins and diet goes, it is not my field, and I am not qualified to speak with any level of credence on the subject, and should have let it go when it first came up.

Most of the doctors and scientists that have studied REM sleep do not truly know what causes it. "
This is the first thing that you have said that actually holds some water and can be researched. It is true that all the nuances of REM are not understood, that is why it is referred to as paradoxal sleep. This said though there are physical aspects of sleep that are known, and when a person falls into the category where their physical systems are not functioning correctly during sleep, they have a problem. Its really pretty basic, it would take me about 10 minutes to show you a study on paper, explain what is happening, and this aspect of the argument would be over. When a person has no airflow, O2 desaturations, and arousals they have apnea. When a person has nocturnal seizures it is plainly evident in the EEG of the patient. How can you argue with these things they are seen every night at thousands of sleep labs all around the world?

OK actually I just thought of the perfect answer to you here. There are sleep patients that have such a high respiratory disturbance index that they are unable to maintain REM sleep and thus never dream. So what is going on with them, are the discarnates ticked off at them and refusing to speak with them telepathically. But the dialectical materialistic CPAP machine helps them maintain REM sleep and they go into REM rebound often remaining in REM for up to 50% of the night, as opposed to the normal 20%. Let me guess then the CPAP machine must be acting as a communication conduit to allow the discarnates to telepathically communicate with that person, and they just have a lot to suddenly say�..

What about the instances whereby people who are pronounced clinically dead by doctors and then come back, relay in detail what went on in the operating room between the doctors and nurses? Or when people are pronounced dead and then come back with stories and items of information about their surroundings that they could not possibly have known unless they actually left their body?"

Again you�re into an area that is not one I am an expert on. It does happen, and to say doctors dismiss it is crap. They deal with this stuff a lot more then you ever will, so do most medical personnel. As a spiritual person and a Christian I would say that God does not let the veil between this world and the next be lifted and anyone come back to tell about it. The brain does not die the second that the body does, and continues on until the O2 to it ceases and the cells begin to die. If you have ever held your breath until you have seen colors, it does not mean that you are having a spiritual experience, simply that you are depriving your brain of oxygen.
Let me give you an example of something that a patient perceived that was going on and reality. I had a patient tell me about how they died, and had to be brought back by the doctor using the paddles on them. According to that patient they where in asystolle (sp?). Sounds good eh? Well the only problem with this story is that they don�t bring anyone back from asystolle with the paddles, this only happens on TV.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Miss Pickle,

Sounds like you've been involved in this area of life for a long time.

What or who do you think the dark figure was?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
defcon5,

Dialectical materialism is the philosophy that nothing exists beyond the body and the brain, which means no higher dimensions, no life after death and/or life before birth, and that consciousness cannot exist outside of a physical body.

A "discarnate" is a disembodied spirit.

You stated:

>

I know of an excellent nutritional doctor. U2U me and I'll give you her phone number. (That goes for anybody interested.)

I stated:

What about the instances whereby people who are pronounced clinically dead by doctors and then come back, relay in detail what went on in the operating room between the doctors and nurses? Or when people are pronounced dead and then come back with stories and items of information about their surroundings that they could not possibly have known unless they actually left their body?

And you replied:

>

If most did not dismiss it as "crap" then we would not be having this debate.

>

You really need to read more on this topic. There are cases whereby the patient is declared brain dead and then they come back. Like this case that is documented by Dr. Michael Sabom, a cardiologist:

Visions and memories can be created while the brain is dead

>

Were you trying to type the word "astral?"

NDE's happen in many ways. One of the more famous cases is that of Dannion Brinkley. I saw him lecture on more than one occasion. In one of his NDE's he experienced the paddles and found himself in and out of his body. So whatever TV show you were referring to was accurate in their depiction.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The Masked Avatar....that's creepy. Ever have something/someone sit at the end of your bed and you see no nothing.?? In your case it was probably friendly

Wait till it snaps you with a rubber band.!! LOL

[edit on 7-7-2004 by ms_Bhavn]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Miss Pickle,... Who, are what, did you think the dark figure you saw was?

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
To Paul_Richard and Ms_Bhavn( I am very sorry if either are spelt wrong, i cant see the post at the moment!!).

Well after that happend I said something to the owners of the building and they said that other people that lived there had had some sort of experience- I have no idea who or what it was- but i wasnt threatend obviously otherwise i would have stayed there a second night.

I have heard that young teenagers can be quite suseptable to 'Paranormal encounters' and at the time I was 12- I never actualy asked for any history of the house ( i should have)- but i forgot to say that if you were in the house on your own you would clearly hear the toilet flushing again which strangley i wasnt bothered about.

I havent had alot of experience of paranormal encounters- but my mum used be very into spirtulism and i would go along for the meeting and to see the mediums( again i appologise if wrongly spelt)- that was arond the time i saw the figure actualy! I have also had healing which i personaly thought was amazing.

Like i said one of the reasons i believe in reincarnation or life after death- is that it cant just end like that or it could be the fact i cant get my head round it

My thought is that what you do in your current life effects what you are going to be in your next life- so if you are a criminal and have done loads wrong then you would come back as a bug or something and if you had done well in your currnet life then you go on to become something great- please tell me what you think.

Anyway thank you both for showing interest in my experience!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join