It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dark figure by my bed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ms_Bhavn
Nalatroz.... I check out chaosmatrix.org, wasn't sure what a servitor was.
Interesting read. If I understand it correctly it is like a cross between mind imaging and astral projection???

So if this is the case it was created by someone.?? Very strange. Can this also be likened to a witch's black cat. ??

Somewhat, the servitor is sort of living spirtual entity created for one purpose(Never get complex thats when things go truely wrong), but like all entitys it needs to feed. Some are allowed to take energy from there creator if the creator does not allow them to take energy from there victims, or what ever they have been assigned to do(like the guy in the essay below created a servitor to pursuade the mailman to get his checks faster to him). Then some feed on there victims they have been assigned to.
Many people have thought ronald mcdonald into existance and it frightens me and he is just a marketing tool. The power of the human mind can be amazing.

chaosmatrix.org...

Well in a sense, a witchs black cat can be a servitor, but the black cat story came from Wiccans closeness with nature. And Cats are magical of course, and somewhat pyschic.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
This may sound silly, but let me ask it anyways ...
Do you have any mirrors on 'outside' walls of your home?

umm...what does that have to do with anything?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
OK. I understand what you are saying. I am aware of this biblical view. I also believe not all is told thur the bible. There are things we do not need to know, or better put would not enlighten us any.... Here is a question to ponder. ..If we are energy and some is good energy and some is bad energy. Energy doesn't die. What if God doesn't want the bad energy?? Where does it go?? Does it stay here on earth?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Nalatroz ...This sounds scarry if used in an evil manner. I hope this is not something the average person can master.

jerseydev......my thoughts exactly!!

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you mean by the "energy" term. People(humans) are body soul and spirit. Our body is obvious and when death comes the soul and spirit leave it and it decomposes. Our soul is who we are, mind, will, emotions, intellect, personality. Our spirit is what enables people to have a relationship with God. A christian's soul/spirit go to be with the Lord. Someone unsaved, their soul/spirit(their spirit is dead since they never accepted Christ) is placed in hell. Both christians and the unsaved cannot return from either place to go to earth.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hello dlbrandt. I agree and somewhat agree. What I meant is energy is the essence of the spirit. I may be wrong. I am open minded, but there are many who believe this.
It is believed by many that the soul/spirit is made up of energy, and that the aura around a person is the seen and unseen effect of this energy/spirit. And science teaches energy never dies, and yes the body does, this energy/spirit/soul where does it go. Alot of ancient religions believed energy/soul of the dead went to a certain place. The druids I believe, thought it went into the trees, thus the" knock on wood "phrase
I am not saying I agree with this I am saying it has long been a belief of many ancient religions and maybe is a carry over for today.

sweatmonicaIdo....Yes, I have a cat, a tom. Not good for much.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
A cat is PUUURFECT! (that is so corny)

Like I said, cats are far more aggressive, so if they see something, they will attack it with a vengeance. It won't do much, but it'll wake you up!

Try keeping it in your room. If the figure is nearby, your cat will respond. Hell, get four parakeets, a Golden Retriever, a African Mamba, a rabbit, and some hamsters! I am not kidding here. If that figure enters your room again, those animals will know it and they will wake you up so you can turn on the light and scream at it. Maybe the animals will scare it away.

Anyway, I just want to let you know I'm not playing around. Animals do see more than we do, so if that figure comes back, your animals will know it before you do.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I was just reading over the posts on this thread to catch myself up before I posted something and I was just about to say the exact same thing regarding the cat!!

They can somehow sense things coming or even prevent them from happening. Rest assured, my cat is always with me at night.

I've never really had a paranormal experience, but I'm the type of person who loves to read about them and think of what I would do...*turns on all the lights in the house and looks over shoulder as he types* - lol

I hope you can resolve this - knock it upside the head with a friggin baseball bat and see what that things made out of! If something is going to take the time to scare me it better be ready to take the time to fight me too! And my cat ain't declawed, if ya know what I'm saying

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
sweatmonicaIdo....I agree. Animals will sense a spirits presence before we will.

EnronOutrunHomerun...Wouldn't a bat just pass through them...kinda like swingin at a breeze

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ms_BhavnEnronOutrunHomerun...Wouldn't a bat just pass through them...kinda like swingin at a breeze

hey - don't knock it till you've tried it - lol - especially one of those metal bats...ouch!

Maybe you can describe a little more about the feeling of being snapped on the back of your neck...was it just a quick sharp sting and did anything else accompany it?

[edit on 7/6/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This thread proves why one should NEVER mistreat animals.

An animal has very little fear, and they will protect you. Always.

Actually, snakes, cats and birds are the best. Dogs have been known to cower and run away if they see a spirit.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The snap on my back was felt and I heard it too!! Too weird. Glad you mentioned it. It was a large one..... I figured a poltergeist. Had one turn on the microwave once. Strangest thing it cleared, then set the time,then started it.all in perfect order. Mischievious little devils!!!

Cats are cool!!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hi Ms. Bhavn,

A poltergeist is another word for a Group Entity, which can be abusive to anybody from ANY religious denomination. They are on a path of evil that leads to their eventual destruction from lessening away from The Light to the void of nonexistence. No soul can exist eternally without The Light.

Christians are not immune from astral abuse, which is why there are exorcists in the Roman Catholic Church.

I'd like to offer you a quick and easy solution to your problem.

Tell them to come over and see me.

Seriously.

I'll be happy to amend the situation for you, quickly and efficiently.

Let me know what happens and if the abusive influence seems to remain.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I don�t mean to knock any-one�s boat out of the water here, but I am a Polysomnographic technician (a sleep tech), and I think that I have a logical answer for you. As much as it may not please the doom Sayers out there, I work around many patients every night, I monitor them, and have yet to be knocked on the head, stunned, or otherwise manipulated by the following:

Aliens
Incubi
Succubi
Sons of Osiris
The Grey Ghost

When people sleep their perception of what is going on is REALLY different then what is actually going on. Usually when something like this happens it is not an alien, Daemon, or Ghost. It has a simple answer.

When the human body goes into REM (rapid-eye movement) sleep, the brainwaves are in an active state. This means that you could easily get up and act out what you are dreaming. The body, however; has a way to deal with this; it emits a Neuro Inhibitor that paralyses the non-essential muscles. If someone wakes prior to this Neuro-inhibitor wearing off, they experience sleep paralysis. It is well known and documented that when this happens people are unable to move, and often feel an evil presence in the room with them, often of a dark or gray nature. They often feel, but not always, that the entity is sitting over them and strangling them.

If you know anyone that has ever had a sleep study done, you can ask them. They should tell you that there are electrodes attached to their chin, and next to each eye. This is because the EEG that is displayed during REM is difficult to differentiate from someone being awake and looking around the room. We check muscle tone in the chin and eye movements from each eye.

If you choose not to believe me, make an appointment with a Doctor, and tell him what happened. Nine in ten bet says he will schedule you for a sleep study to check to see if you have apnea that woke you out of REM suddenly. Other indications are sweating while you are asleep, snoring, waking with a headache, lapses in memory, and feeling tired or run down.

THIS IS WHERE 90% OF THE ALIEN ABDUCTION STUFF COMES FROM

By the way prior to becoming a member I saw a thread that mentioned someone being pushed down in the bed by a dark daemon. If anyone comes across this thread, send it my way. This person is most likely having sleep apnea with Periodic Limb Movements. This is something that the body does to stop sleep apnea and cause a sleep stage change to where the person is able to breathe more efficiently, normally caused by O2 desaturations.

Anyway here is a link to a sleep paralysis site I came across on a quick search, it looked good at a browse, but I don�t have time to read the entire thing:

watarts.uwaterloo.ca...

[edit on 7/7/2004 by defcon5]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The original problem, as stated, is as follows:

The other night I woke and saw a dark figure standing at my bed. It disappeared through the wall....then days after this I was alone in my house and something snapped me on the back, sounded and felt like a rubber band, there was none in sight.

Traditional doctors and psychologists are of the dialectical materialistic mindset. They do not embrace the reality of discarnate dimensions or that consciousness can exist outside the body. Their observations and conclusions are therefore distorted by this prejudice.

The inherent limitations of traditional psychology and psychiatry as well as traditional western medicine force people that have problems like this to seek out alternative remedies for that which these disciplines offer neither a good explanation or a viable solution.

There's a lot more to this and related issues than just sleep paralysis derived through one or more internally-generated causes.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well, I have seen things that are out of the realm of the ordinary, I have worked in a hospital that was MOST defiantly haunted, but that does not change anything about what I have posted about the thing standing next to you. I am not sure on the �being snapped on the back� part of it, but like I said, if you want to proceed in a logical fashion to have your problem solved, I would have a sleep study done. If you want to be believed, I would eliminate ALL explicable factors FIRST.

I don�t think that I am saying anything that is unreasonable here. It is simple scientific process; eliminate factors one at a time. If you get to the end and there is no reasonable explanation, then your answer may be right. Or is it better to throw out reasonable explanations and head directly into some paranormal thing?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
�Traditional doctors and psychologists are of the dialectical materialistic mindset. They do not embrace the reality of discarnate dimensions or that consciousness can exist outside the body. Their observations and conclusions are therefore distorted by this prejudice.

The inherent limitations of traditional psychology and psychiatry as well as traditional western medicine force people that have problems like this to seek out alternative remedies for that which these disciplines offer neither a good explanation or a viable solution.�

Well hospital personnel see way more weird stuff then you can ever imagine. People shaking hands with NO ONE while dying, elevators that open for no reason when they approach, call lights turning on in rooms where no-one is, orbs of light on room cameras, your name it�..

They deal with death on a daily basis, hospitals are a junction between life and death, but have to put it into some folder in which their brains can cope with it, each in their own way. I would step back and give them a break prior to picking on them. They have a tough job, and they do the best they can under the circumstances. 75% of the time they bring people back from the brink of death. I am not a critical patient care practioner, but have nothing but RESPECT for those who are�..

I find your defamation of the medical field to be VERY insulting.

I have patients that regularly tell me that they have insomnia, they are SURE and CERTAIN of this, but when put under the controlled environment of a lab they are actually bouncing back and forth between stage 1 sleep and awake due to sleep apnea�.

If you would rather believe that you where abducted, that you where accosted by a ghost, daemon, or alien, or pixies where in your room; then so be it. If you want an answer then follow the steps�.

Oh��By the way most doctors I know are way more spiritual then you would think.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
What�� I have been sitting and waiting, no answers to this; I am watching it fall down the post list��. You have not seen any NON-conventional doctors stick some guy�s brains back in their head after a motorcycle accident and them live? Maybe that is why we see so many psychic ER rooms around?

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5I would have a sleep study done.

As I mentioned before, I've never really had the experience described on this thread, but I have suffered from sleeplessness...far be it from me to deter anyone from fully diagnosing their problems by electing to have a sleep study, but my experience with it was far more horrible than tossing and turning throughout the night...and I'm sorry to go a little off topic here or to insult this medical field, but...

I must have had about 50 wires attached to me...I could not move in the hard and lumpy bed without unplugging some wire...In my "sleep study" I only slept one hour, and that was under these horrible conditions...I see sleep studies as a barbaric form of over analyzing a very uncomfortable and unnatural sleeping session that only makes me more fatigued the next day, requiring me to catch up on the sleep I missed...and furthermore, if you become diagnosed you are supposed to return for another session were they fine-tune a machine that assists your breathing during the night, which most people become dependent upon until they recover from their sleep apnea, if they even can recover

I don't see the value in becoming dependant upon a machine for the supposed relief of fatigue as opposed to getting the sleep I've been used to without having to rely on some machine for one of life's most vital needs...if I need to sleep I don't want my next thought to be, were's my machine...I think the science behind sleep studies is truly amazing and revolutionary, but the way they go about obtaining information is like something out of the middle ages - It took me almost a week just to get the sticky crap off my body where the sensors were...

But there's my rant about sleep studies, lol - I swear against them, but some people are able to gain more out of them - I was only diagnosed with a lighter form of sleep apnea, but I guess those that truly need it have no other choice...and like I said, it's nothing personal defcon5, just my take on the subject...

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
defcon5,

We are here to discuss and debate. If you find that you are insulted by having your views opposed, then you should not participate in these discussions.

Are your "spiritual" medical personnel aware or even open to the idea that all dreams come from discarnate entities?

I highly doubt it.

Contrary to the Freudian paradigm, and I know this from many years of direct experience, when people go to sleep at night, one part of the brain does not �turn on� to create their dreams. What really happens is that when people sleep, they become more receptive to telepathic messages from discarnates which are usually represented symbolically.

Tell me where they teach that in your medical curriculum?

Doctors hardly even have any nutritional education taught to them in med school, with the general focus espoused of what drug to prescribe for what ailment (which greatly pleases the pharmaceutical industry).

Try asking most doctors what vitamins to take to prevent illness and in what dosages.

Additionally, med school education about metaphysical awareness is at best laughable and usually nonexistent.

*ROFLOL*

Tell us how your elimination of scientific factors allows you to even consider that all nightmares come from spirits?

Cite ONE study in the medical community that points to this.

Just one.

*LOL*

The dialectical materialistic bias is obvious. You will never come to the conclusions stated above because as a general rule, the traditional scientific and medical community at large does not embrace the idea that all dreams are channeled and that consciousness can exist outside of a physical body.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join