It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

The irony is if you always need a source, you are much like the religious, he he. And that post sounded perfectly reasonable to me. Times change. Without the systematic infrastructure we have today, people are in a much more desperate need of territorialism. Religions formed large tribes so at least these people wouldn't be so much internally territorial. Of course, there were multiple religions. So they fought. Go figure. This need for protection and an edge did fuel technological growth and, at least, the growth of unified cultures. They were necessary stepping stones in history. You couldn't say religion was so awful if it had never existed, no?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
No one can't end religions. It is not a thing that happens overnight - it is not a thing that can be easily changed.

In human nature is to believe something, to be part of a group and so on.

Religions are not necessarily a bad thing. It is part of human evolution.

Also although religions have bad influences it has had good influences through history too.

Architecture, literature - art in generally has gone hand in hand with religion.

Ending religions - it is just an idea of people who think that it is ultimately better to not be part of any religion and they bring only bad influences to humanity.

People should acknowledge that we are different - and respect anyone else for their point of view - because every opinion is subjective. Roughly everything is subjective - and to enforce one's thought on another is bad. It's like a crusade against crusaders themselves. By trying to convert them religious people to nonreligious people is the same thing as to enforce any other thought.

If humanity comes to the point where it needs no religions - shall be it. But I do not approve of any artificial interferences in humanities's evolution. By suppressing religions people are making them stronger. Religious people start to fundamentalists. Oppressors are always creating a beast.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I've waded through most of the 18 pages. I feel dirty now.

Religion as defined in "belief in a deity" is hard to overthrow because we have limited knowledge. Once you get to the end of that road and veer onto the unknown, the majority of humans start attributing the unknown to a deity. As we build more and more of that road of knowledge, we have more answers, but we still don't reach our final destination. We still reach the cloud of the unknown. That's where we live. We build more road, but never reach full understanding.

Now, there are plenty of people that reach the cloud and just say "We don't know what lies beyond, but we sure aren't attributing everything we don't know to the Flying Spaghetti Monster". (although they're wrong.
)

That's ok.

Some people upon reaching the cloud say "This must be the work of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!". That too is ok, but conditionally. If you're belief in the FSM prevents someone else from building that road, then your belief in the FSM can be seen as detrimental.

So, the answer is...believe in what you want as long as it does no harm. If you belief leads you to act as a detriment to someone else, you've overstepped. No reason to get rid of religion if we can abide by that.

With that said...BELIEVE!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e2e05179d63.png[/atsimg]

Kidding.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
No true Christian would pose a question like that to those who don't believe because what others think shouldn't affect you. You shouldn't be sick and tried of it if you understand who you are and why it comes. Are you really a son of God or just religious?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brood

Originally posted by Mark10
Kill everyone and everything that relates to religion. Then make a system of control for everyone. When they have children, you make a form of control information that this or that doesn't exist or whatever it is to convince the children. Or you create or establish yourself a religion of your choice and make everyone convert to whatever you believe. Oh wait, this already happened and still is happening.

In about 17 pages this post will be deleted because the mods will be fed up with whiney pseudo-"Christians" alerting it because it hurt their feelings, just like the first reply to this thread.

Sorry, Mark, you're not allowed to have feelings or an opinion unless you subscribe to their Creator.

I can't help but stare at the logs in all of their eyes as it all happens.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

You put a narrow pinpoint view on how you think others experience the world and their faith. In atheism, as well as any religion, you run the risk of thinking you actually know what you are talking about. And thereby giving into the very thing you have been speaking so fervently against. Its just doubt-based, instead of faith-based. but, you probably have faith in your doubt, no?

I ask again, as im suspecting you may not have actual points yourself, only counterpoints (which are fun to an extent, i guess);

"Has anyone, in the history of humanity, ever done a violent act for something other than religion?"

I am asking for your perspective on this, not more ramblings about the "christ man keepin ya down!"
It almost seems like this dicussion has already played out in your head and you are just along for the ride...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SoundTheory

To the contrary, all the technology that mankind has devised has been perverted and twisted into finding better, more efficient ways to kill people and destroy the environment. Mankind has a propensity for perverting most everything he/she creates.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo
Lord Jesus Christ Saved My Life .....
Don't #ing Think All Christians Are Pussies[ Who Give a # If Your Saved Or Not, Personally I'm Here To Save My Creators Perfect Children ... Animals...
Heres To The Coming Darkness .... Enjoy

By golly, and Peter Pan saved mine!! If you do not believe in Peter Pan as I do, then it is YOU who will be in the "coming darkness" that you mention.

Sound silly? Makes us both equal then!!

edit on 14-12-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

I have do doubt what so ever about my salvation,
my fellowship is another question.
Most true christians should be as bold as lions.
I wrote this thread,BASICALLY,for others to vent on.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

I am the op of this thread,I am assuming you are
referring to me, as the whining, pseudo-christian.
I did alert the mods on a member, because he wrote
something I won't tolerate on any of my threads.
I am woman enough to handle any barrage you people
think you can sling at me.I have had years of practice
before joining here!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I am getting so sick and tired of everyones' constant rantings
against christianity and all religions.Why don't you all decide
what to do about all of us "religious" nutjobs.
Go on,I dare you all! Just how would you end all religions on
this planet?
What would be your final solution to all persons of faith?

this planet?

No - Not the "final solution" (well done on getting that in, as if religion equals freedom
) people of faith, but ridding the world of religious doctrine.

Islam: Teaches you to beath your wife, kill those who leave the faith, stone women (but not men) for adultery, death to gays, no abortion, opress women with burkas and no vote, and you'r taught to hate Jews for being Jews.

And they call it the religion of PEACE, no less. Of course they do.

Christianity (Catholicism): No to abortion - particularly when it comes to rape victims, contraception is evil, while fiddling with your kids ISN'T and don't you DARE ask any questions abotu that (at least give us time to move those guilty to other parishes and for our Pope to cover everythign up) and then there is the guilt for, well, being human. You dirty things, you - repent at once. Oh and the crusades.

Oh and the Bible is true because it says it's true, so don't you be having rational, cognitive thoughts of your own now, unless you want to go to hell, you hear???

You're right, religion is the only way... I mean look at the purpose they have served so well.

What's wrong with not believeing that if there is a God, which there isn't any proof of, he doesn't care about us, which means we may as well believe in nothing.

I mean he cares THAT MUCH that he moralises about worshipping others, covering women's faces, not eating certain foods, working on certain days of the week, not being promiscuous, yet he DIDN'T stop two world wars, the trenches, the AIDS virus (unless he meant it for gays), the black plague, vietnam war, slavery, apartheid, the crusades, women being burnt at the stake for "witchcraft", the holocaust, the spanish inquisition and an illegal war in Iraq..........................................

Is the possibility a God doesn't exist THAT scary or implausible???

Your answer, please?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

if those who want to end religion also believe in democracy, free speech , free wil etc..etc...

then i would say they are pretty big hypocrites

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Misquote?
Internet communication really is a minefield

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus

Originally posted by Brood

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by satron
I can't help but feel that if religion was wiped off the planet, that we'd find something else to fight and kill each other over. It's just apart of human nature. Would the change from killing ourselves over things that don't exist be a step up if we started killing ourselves over things that do exist?

Southpark did an excellent satire on that very scenario....it will happen. If not for a God, for whatever we put above ourselves and hold sacred.

Right, preach this from the rooftops.

With a satirical cartoon as your only source.

South Park also predicted that New Jersey will take over the United States with hair gel and sleazy outfits. "It's a Jersey thing."

Stop and think about what you're saying... if we have nothing to fight about... we'll fight for the sake of fighting? Anyone who believes that nonsense must be pretty sociopathic. What is so wrong with harmony in humanity?

Southpark didn't predict anything it merely does comedy, but they're right.

It's animal instinct to have war, humans believe it or not aren't the only species who has them on earth.

Anytime someone holds something above all else and claims it to be sacred that will be something they are willing to die and kill over, I'm honestly amazed how some people lack the slightest common sense.

I just wanted to clarify that, even thought South Park is very funny, it had no bearing on my opinion. Yeesh

edit on 14-12-2010 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

this planet?

I would probably destroy your institutions, so you can practice your faith from your own heart instead of under the strict orders of a superior.

Religion belongs to a home, not a state.

This is where they went wrong.

You remind me of one of those Crusader types, "Bold as Lions" ??

Spare me...

There is only one faith, and that is the freedom of all faiths, all paths to god lead us home.

You are welcome in our house, but we ask you not to make a mess of things.

Good thing god beleives in second, third, fourth, fix (ect ect) chances.

-G

edit on 14-12-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Just my five pennies upon subject
Any of us has had own Religion, to kill Idea of Religion in very roots is impossible, & have no the least sense. Religion Always & Ever has been useful instrument:
1. to separate Good from Evil;
2. to motivate human makes/does Good;
3. to fuel Hope against troubles of the World.
-----------------------
w/o useful Religion, No one & Never can build the stable society

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

this planet?

You make an inappropriate appeal to emotion by using the phrase "final solution." You obviously made a poorly veiled reference to the holocaust in order to preemptively classify critics of religion as Nazis. I would eliminate religion gradually with a few hundred years of scientific advancement and widespread education. Ignorance is a breeding ground for organized religion. The more we learn about the natural world, the less we attribute to magical sky wizards. If religion was gone, half of all wars would be eliminated. If religion was gone, no destructive zionism, radical islam, Jehovah's witnesses refusing blood transfusions, and, most importantly, no war on terror designed and sold by Neocons killing hundreds of thousands of civilians.

All atrocities coming as a result of religion could be wiped out in a single generation if people stopped brainwashing their little kids. If God exists independently of oral tradition, then why not simply not tell your kids about him? If no one told kids fairytales, the idea of "God" would vanish without a trace.
edit on 14-12-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Well put sir! and eloquently stated. I think Orwell's 1984 gave us a hint of this, among other things. As well as a few other "literary" works.

Thanks Klassified, so glad someone saw the "1984" connotations in what I was saying. Orwell was way ahead of his time, but he understood rather well the most pertinent aspects of people-control, and his book ranks as one of my all time favorites.

The funny thing is though, over the years I realize that probably "most" who read that book actually miss the substance, and don't quite "get" that the main theme has to do with the nature of people. It's so easy to visualize that dreary world of gray, with tasteless food and drudgery, but it may not be so easy to see "ourselves" in O'Brien and Winston Smith.

The most important task that future society had impacting the individual was to get his mind right. Yes, there was constant observation, limited freedom, controlled information, but all that was hardly even required, as long as the target was thinking as desired. Everything else would surely follow. I'm pretty sure that our masters understand this issue far more than we would dare imagine.

At the macro level in 1984, all tasks collectively aimed to make the human organism one completely obedient machine, where even the language would ever evolve (devolve) into only what was strictly necessary for that purpose.

This last element, that of language is actually very important, and from what I can tell, our masters do indeed have a plan in the works to address this concern of theirs as well. I have written about the "Coming Slave Religion" often enough, but so few seem to be interested in such a thing, that I rarely get the opportunity to talk about support systems that are designed to go with it!

Well, I have been meaning to start a thread on the whole thing, but am so busy most of the time, I usually manage to convince myself that I don't have the time. We'll see. Thanks for taking the time to read my post, I am long winded!

JR

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Ahhh,I see what you mean.You were responding
to Mark and I answered to his part of your post.
I am sorry!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
I can honestly say that many people on ATS officially worry me more than many of those running the world today.

Talk about lack of tolerance for so many that one has never met. Nothing like the smell of fresh bloodshed, fear, and pain in the morning I guess. Guess all of that “education” has been helpful for the cause.

Raist

Thank you,

Voices of reason are getting lost in the din of insanity.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

this planet?

If no one told kids fairytales, the idea of "God" would vanish without a trace.
edit on 14-12-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

Oh geez...Let me tell you something.

There is more to life then carbon atoms and H2O anomalies.

I know its hard for you scientific types to recognize a concept as vast as god, but I'll have to burst your bubble here. The whole of existence spins around us in a marvel of creation with an endlessly complex inward and outward structure.

God is everything, and even if we stop telling the old stories, new ones will be written because through the epiphanies of those who remember, god is reaching out to us.

I hope one day when you're sipping your coffee on a balcony overlooking beautiful spring flowers and listening to birds and the wind that you dont still think its all for nothing.

I sincerely hope everyone in that situation doesnt assume its all by accident.

Because you will be fooling yourself to a grand degree.

-G

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join