It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Lashes Out Amid Calls to Free Assange

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I got no doubt the Australian goverment will start saying the same things in order to keep in step with the boss.
cheers

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

The last two years of Bush43 and the first two years of Obama look pretty much the same to me.

That being said, Assange isn't the hero some people say he is. He's a tool of the NWO. This was a chess move by them. They needed to further weaken the USA and the other countries so that they could gain more manuvering power. Assange may know it and not care, or he may not know it but went along for the future $$$ and fame. Either way, this whole thing reeks of a NWO play to weaken the soverignty of nations and to make nations not willing to engage in diplomacy. See? Weaker nations without ability to engage in diplomacy opens the way for more NWO inroads ... 'we are the saviors .. we are needed' kinda thing by the NWO.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

In a call to the Turkish Prime Minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the US President ''expressed his regrets for the deplorable action by WikiLeaks'', the White House said.

On January 21, 2009 (the day after his inauguration) Obama declared: "For a long time now, there's been too much secrecy in this city. The old rules said that if there was a defensible argument for not disclosing something to the American people, then it should not be disclosed. That era is now over. Starting today, every agency and department should know that this administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information but of those who seek to make it known."

Well...what can i say?

When Obama got elected, i really thought that the US had turned a corner..put it's troubled racially motivated past behind them, and were heading for a golden era in politics and the wider benefits that would go along with that...but no.

The above quotes really tell me *all* i need to know about the pathetic, lying, corporate boot licker who has the nerve to call himself president of one of the greatest nations on the planet.

What a bloody liar.

Can't a sitting president be impeached if he is found to have made deliberate election lies?

After all, if he is elected on the strength of what he had promised to do once in office, and then cynically does the complete opposite of those promises, then surely lying his tits off to 300 million people, is grounds to kick the git out isn't it?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
On January 21, 2009 (the day after his inauguration) Obama declared:

"For a long time now, there's been too much secrecy in this city. The old rules said that if there was a defensible argument for not disclosing something to the American people, then it should not be disclosed. That era is now over. Starting today, every agency and department should know that this administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information but of those who seek to make it known."

Ah yes. The old love bombing trick. The honeymoon has been over for a long time now. I bet this chaps his hide.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ha and now they bring out there old weapon to discredit him and cull his support base, rape/sex crimes, because lets face it who want`s to support a rapist!, they did it to tu pac and then MJ to shut em up and he`s the latest victim, some government thug will visit him in jail and tell him it will all go away if he STFU and turns off the light. dogs.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I wish I could read a wiki leak saying that the peace prize winner, had brought the troops home. Or that he had closed gitmo and halted rendictions. ( he signed on to them continuing, the first week in office. ) Instead hes gearing up for another war and bailing out the banksters. Obama is just another puppet put in place by the corps.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
"I have no fear that the result of our experiment will be that men may be trusted to govern themselves without a master." ~ Thomas Jefferson

This is a rather profound statement to make, considering it had never been tried before. Although Jefferson himself did many things to help not only the nation but the government to grow. His statement lends itself to the idea that perhaps, just maybe, the walls and miles that separate all of us could eventually be torn down and that governments may just become obsolete. That, I believe, is the true nature of what the fledgling New World was supposed to bring about. The only reason government exists is because it has the world convinced that it is necessary. With the technology and the information that is available, why do you think there is a sense of 'dumbing down' the masses? Government as we know it is becoming out-dated and archaic and those in power are aware of this. This is the only logical reason to bring the world to the brink of global economic crisis... so that government can still try to convince the 6 billion inhabitants of earth that it is necessary for our existence when in fact it is not.

When the Wright Brothers flew their aircraft at Kitty Hawk, you can only imagine the kind of freedom that must have been felt. Most of the technology for that plane was simple, except for the internal combustion engine which was in its infancy at that time. Think about it though... the genius of DaVinci was only an engine away of possibly building the first aircraft. Where would we be today? Now we have the internet... a world-wide funnel of information at our fingertips to learn with and communicate. Assange is just one of the catalyst showing the world that, point blank, the government only serves itself. That computer is our internal combustion engine. Assange and others like him are trying to build an airplane for the world to ride on. That, my friends, is freedom. Knowledge is power. The internet provides knowledge. Therefore, the powers of the world want to restrict the internet. 1 + 1 = 2.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Barry is the biggest fraud I've ever seen. And this is coming from someone that donated, campaigned and voted for this man.

I still remember Barry hugging my oldest daughter as tears of joy ran down her face. He stood back after the hug, held her shoulders and said to her, "don't worry, change is coming". Needless to say, she no longer believes in that BS.

She's off to college in a year. She is going to be a civil rights attorney in an effort to combat the draconian laws this man helped usher in. That's change I can believe in.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

I'm curious cablespider, what exactly is the deal with the two names thing Obama has going on?

I mean..Barry Soweto and Barack Obama...what's with that?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Originally posted by wcitizen
On January 21, 2009 (the day after his inauguration) Obama declared:
"For a long time now, there's been too much secrecy in this city. The old rules said that if there was a defensible argument for not disclosing something to the American people, then it should not be disclosed. That era is now over. Starting today, every agency and department should know that this administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information but of those who seek to make it known."

I'm curious... has any reporter ever called him out on this quote? He needs to be held accountable for misleading the American public.

That is a reasonable question but its not like 50% of ATS members don't know what he'd say to that. He would highlight that Assange is a criminal and a fugitive responsible for jeopardizing thousands of innocent American lives in a shameful smear campaign against US in order to purposefully cause international conflicts or even incite wars. He'd then go on to say how he's a war criminal guilty of espionage and a wanted fugitive with multiple other serious charges against various international and other laws.... blablah blah... And then he'd talk about something totally unrelated and offtopic, eg how North Korea and Iran are dangerous countries on verge of causing global catastrophe..... you know, standard stuff.
These men are trained to have a politically correct response to everything and anything you can possibly ask them. And people will eat that anytime all the time.
edit on 14/12/2010 by SassyCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Not sure. Barry is what he used back in school before changing to Barak.

My need to call him that has nothing to do with the birther movement or because the right-wing uses it. I use it as a reminder that he is no better and no different from anyone else. This is a man that truly forgot where he came from. It is a sign of disrespect but until he respects human rights, I have no problem with that calling him that.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I have a question. Why is Obama expressing regret for what Wikileaks has done? Why are their actions something for him to apologize about? I could understand apologizing for what was said in a cable, or the lack of security. Those are things administration has a direct responsibility to control.

If the American government isn't involved in any way why is he apologizing for Wikileaks actions? Assange is not an American citizen. His web site isn't hosted in America. American corporations have attacked the site's ability to take donations. Am I the only one that finds an apology to be strange?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cablespider

Fair enough.

Cheers for that mate.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
Yup. It's part of the game.

When a Republican is elected, the rhetoric is all about shrinking government. But during his tenure, government grows.

When a Democrat is elected, the rhetoric is all about civil liberties and in this case "transparency". But during his tenure, civil liberties and transparency are further degraded.

They all lie. Realizing this is the first step toward getting over your pathological belief in your "participation" in government via voting.

Eventually you'll see that it's all a sham, and learn that in reality you cannot make a good decision about whether to trust someone until you know him personally, face-to-face, looked into his eyes. That pretty much precludes all national-level politicians.

At that point you stop giving a damn about politics and stop voting. And start focusing on what matters, in spite of what's going on politically. The political situation becomes just one of many factors in life that might affect you, like the weather. It stops being something you're emotionally attached to in any way. It's just there, a factor you must take into account but which you now realize you cannot control in any way whatsoever. And that's a step toward awakening, because it's the truth.

edit on 13-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

That is beautifully written, well done.

Short version: "Don't vote, it only encourages the bastards!"

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Nothing like the kettle calling the pot black, i had several choice thoughts, but several posters said it for me.
2nd line

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I wonder if good old Barry really feels this way, of if he just reeats what Michelle thinks, seems he's more concerned with her thoughts and opinions than anyone elses...........

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Well we all know he can't keep her waiting. Even if it means abandoning a presidential press conference. Makes me wonder who is really running things around there. Maybe she should have campaigned for president. At least she could get her child nutrition bill through congress.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I just hope Obama and his merry band of thugs don't get their hands on Julian Assange, I'm actually on edge today waiting to find out what is going to happen in court in Westminster, the BBC have a small piece about what's going on behind the scenes...

His lawyer Mark Stephens said he had not been given any of his post - including legal letters - since being remanded in custody."He has absolutely no access to any electronic equipment, no access to the outside world, no access to outside media," he said.

Mr Stephens said the only correspondence his client had received was a note telling him that a copy of Time magazine sent to him had been destroyed because the cover bore his photograph.

BBC

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
YES!!!! HE'S FREE!!!!

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has been freed on bail by magistrates in London

BBC

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join