It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Lashes Out Amid Calls to Free Assange

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Obama Lashes Out Amid Calls to Free Assange

www.commondreams.org

In a call to the Turkish Prime Minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the US President ''expressed his regrets for the deplorable action by WikiLeaks'', the White House said.

The comments, and similar statements in a call to his Mexican counterpart, Felipe Calderon, were Mr Obama's most forceful yet against the website, whose disclosure of a trove of secret US diplomatic cables has won it international condemnation and praise.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+65 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
LOL, I bet he did.

Mr. 'transparency' himself.

Only the transparency is not with he and the rest of his team. The transparency is in his servitude to the Mega-corporation / bankster / M.I.C. enterprises, usually at the expense of the rest of the population.

How funny he refers to WIKILEAKS as "deplorable", and yet refrains from adressing the CRIMES they EXPOSED as such.

Deflection, much?

What a laughing stock our entire gov has become anymore. Nothing but hypocritical criminals and thugs.

www.commondreams.org
edit on 13-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
He's angry at being exposed, like all gangsters.

second.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I agree. Obama ran on the "Hope and Change with Transparency" platform and it was all lies. Wikileaks is showing their true colors and they can't stand it.

+54 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
On January 21, 2009 (the day after his inauguration) Obama declared:

"For a long time now, there's been too much secrecy in this city. The old rules said that if there was a defensible argument for not disclosing something to the American people, then it should not be disclosed. That era is now over. Starting today, every agency and department should know that this administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information but of those who seek to make it known."

And from 8 August: www.abovetopsecret.com...
"Obama abolished the position in his White House dedicated to transparency and shunted those duties into the portfolio of a partisan ex-lobbyist who is openly antagonistic to the notion of disclosure by government and politicians"

Now - he wants to assassinate those who seek the truth!

Wow, this man can lie!

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
LOL, I bet he did.

Mr. 'transparency' himself. Only the transparency is not with he and the rest of his team. The transparency is in his servitude to the Mega-corporation / bankster / M.I.C. enterprises, usually at the expense of the rest of the population.

How funny he refers to WIKILEAKS as "deplorable", and yet refrains from adressing the CRIMES they EXPOSED as such.

What a laughing stock our entire gov has become anymore. Nothing but hypocritical criminals and thugs.

www.commondreams.org
edit on 13-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

What do you mean? You got the transparency he promised. Just look at the new TSA screening methods!

In all seriousness, however, Obama has shown himself to be one of the "good old boys". His refusal to consider any investigations into misdeeds by prior administrations, for example. What that said to me is, "Well, if i pursue Bush that will just mean that the next POTUS will pursue me for the shenanigans that I plan on doing."

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

EXACTLY.

He has become nothing more than Dubyas third term. A continuance, and even an ESCALATION of all the same criminality.

And I suspect with the current system we have in place, we are going to see nothing but the exact same thing in the future, regardless of which member of the 2 party crime family gets 'chosen' to rule us.

The corporations and banksters completely control our political paradigm.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

i suspect that it is not even bankers but rather the same people that control the banks.

Bush, Sr (from what i understand) would be one such person.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

its only deplorable because they got caught with their pants down

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The Obama Administration has been one giant Rick-Roll since he got into office. But in all honesty he has lived up to his campaign slogan of: "Change we can believe in." Only those changes were changes of his mind. I wouldn't go as far as to call him a "flip-flopper" but a "Croc-er": Seems like a good idea at first then... not so much.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

EXACTLY.

He has become nothing more than Dubyas third term. A continuance, and even an ESCALATION of all the same criminality.

And I suspect with the current system we have in place, we are going to see nothing but the exact same thing in the future, regardless of which member of the 2 party crime family gets 'chosen' to rule us.

The corporations and banksters completely control our political paradigm.

The Bushes and the Obamas are no different from the Clintons and the other political crime syndicates. Employees for Rockefeller crime family. The Greed/Power virus is running rampant in the TPTBuilderberg Club Ltd. and they are losing their grip on reality.

That's why they hate anarchy. They cannot control anarchy. They hate not being in control.They hate having to play on equal footing with the "cattle". Kind of like what you see in rapists,pedophiles or a psychopaths. So they can though control governments and use that institution to oppress and subjugate the people. No I want MY country to be the UNITED states of america NOT the soviet union of america.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

i suspect that it is not even bankers but rather the same people that control the banks.

Like the Rothschilds,sheifs,rockefellers,etc. These same ultra-elites that took over our country.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
'Deplorable' ? For standing up like a man, saying it as it truly is, abeit not in public, that our forefathers were to take action in order to free and built a new civilisation that save the world during WW2?????

And this man is the role model for all children to behave???? What are we really teaching our children, the inheritors, protectors of our world and humanity????

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Like the Rothschilds,sheifs,rockefellers,etc. These same ultra-elites that took over our country.

Haha, you took the reply I was going to give to Texan right out of my mouth.

Sure enough...The "R" family names will always have their tenticles in oppressionary global activity, as well as trying to crush the flow of any light being SHOWN on such activity.

The same groups just always continue the same behavior. The only way to stifle this stranglehold IS by exposing the truth of what they are doing for all to see.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
On January 21, 2009 (the day after his inauguration) Obama declared:

"For a long time now, there's been too much secrecy in this city. The old rules said that if there was a defensible argument for not disclosing something to the American people, then it should not be disclosed. That era is now over. Starting today, every agency and department should know that this administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information but of those who seek to make it known."

I'm curious...has any reporter ever called him out on this quote? He needs to be held accountable for misleading the American public. Or do we have any reporters that have the spine to take him onto the carpet for this? ...probably not, they all work for the government one way or another.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm sure there's lots of vital reasons to keep secrecy

Whoring out bacha bazi children to paedophiles is crucial to economic and political stabilty I'm sure.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

-Obama during 2008 presidential campaign.

(quote from above)

Complete 180 ? Typical of most politicians.
edit on 13-12-2010 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yup. It's part of the game.

When a Republican is elected, the rhetoric is all about shrinking government. But during his tenure, government grows.

When a Democrat is elected, the rhetoric is all about civil liberties and in this case "transparency". But during his tenure, civil liberties and transparency are further degraded.

They all lie. Realizing this is the first step toward getting over your pathological belief in your "participation" in government via voting.

Eventually you'll see that it's all a sham, and learn that in reality you cannot make a good decision about whether to trust someone until you know him personally, face-to-face, looked into his eyes. That pretty much precludes all national-level politicians.

At that point you stop giving a damn about politics and stop voting. And start focusing on what matters, in spite of what's going on politically. The political situation becomes just one of many factors in life that might affect you, like the weather. It stops being something you're emotionally attached to in any way. It's just there, a factor you must take into account but which you now realize you cannot control in any way whatsoever. And that's a step toward awakening, because it's the truth.

edit on 13-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

He has done everything short of declaring Fox a "terrorist organization". I mean, he even tried to have them blackballed.

Now, we can debate the validity of Fox (I say they are pure BS like all other news on TV), but if the White House would treat a legitimate news organization (with such a strong following) in such a manner, there is no doubt in my mind that challenging him on broken promises will lead to a full on assault. Smear campaign, loss of career, etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Im wondering whats still left, wouldnt they be parading this guy around a bit more if they were so confident. Maybe Assage isnt far off the hook when he said it would change the tide of the world???

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join