It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Lashes Out Amid Calls to Free Assange

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

Bravo to the British Courts. Hopefully he can continue to be afforded his rights.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
On January 21, 2009 (the day after his inauguration) Obama declared:

For a long time now, there's been too much secrecy in this city. The old rules said that if there was a defensible argument for not disclosing something to the American people, then it should not be disclosed. That era is now over. Starting today, every agency and department should know that this administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information but of those who seek to make it known.

And from 8 August: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama abolished the position in his White House dedicated to transparency and shunted those duties into the portfolio of a partisan ex-lobbyist who is openly antagonistic to the notion of disclosure by government and politicians

...Wow, this man can lie!

True but...

Governments are machines - and they run with or without a figurehead (aka President). There are powers behind that machine who do not change with every election - they have no "term of office."

Anyone who thinks that a President makes independent decisions does NOT understand the system - aka - the machine.

The best we can hope for is a President that might shift things, however slightly.

That said - and despite the relatively 'immortal' powers running the machine - any President - and the machine - are bound to respect "popular sentiment," even though they try to control it.

So Viva! La Sentiment!

Talk it up. Don't stop. Go after the issues and don't quit.

Support freedom of expression and the Free Press.

Support Wikileaks.

Sign the Petition.

...Give the President reason to follow through on his promises of transparency! Back him up!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

"For a long time now, there's been too much secrecy in this city. The old rules said that if there was a defensible argument for not disclosing something to the American people, then it should not be disclosed. That era is now over. Starting today, every agency and department should know that this administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information but of those who seek to make it known."

"Obama abolished the position in his White House dedicated to transparency and shunted those duties into the portfolio of a partisan ex-lobbyist who is openly antagonistic to the notion of disclosure by government and politicians"

Now - he wants to assassinate those who seek the truth!

Wow, this man can lie!

Funny thing is , some people like myself saw right through his nonsense. Most are guilty of putting an Obama sticker on their car and chanting his name until they fainted. He's not even a great manipulator, he was just groomed by TPTB and taught to read a teleprompter with the flair of a two bit news reporter.

I'm happy to see people are finally waking up.

Im sick of watching this country slowly swirl down the crapper (much to the glee of the rest of the world)

Obama can keep the change.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
well according too the sun "i know i know" he may be in jail for anouther 48 hour due too having trouble receiving funds

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
he shouldn't even have to make bail.

I seriously cannot believe the complete and utter lack of justice that is being shown in this case. Brits, you should be very worried. What I am seeing happen with Assange is a railroad job. Your government is really screwing up here.

I link to my blog because of the massive amount of info dropped into the comments section by Anon. If you can understand the language the links are written in, please share what you figure out:

bigfatfurrytexan.wordpress.com...

But there is ample evidence that not only is the whole thing made up by Anna Ardin, but she was just following through a plan that she had written on her blog in advance.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Some tried to point it out during the election - but it fell mostly on deaf ears and got lots of denials.

I wish there was more transparency in government but Obama was naive when he made all of those statements. He might have thought he meant it, but he really didn't know.

Imagine when he got in office -

Obama - "Ok - I'm doing to tell the world what is really going on. Ummm.. one of you guys tell me what is really going on first..."

Aide - *Whispers a secret in Obama's ear*

Obama - "Holy Crap!!! We are doing that?!?! I can't tell them that!!! There would be revolution in the streets!!!"

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
I agree. Obama ran on the "Hope and Change with Transparency" platform and it was all lies. Wikileaks is showing their true colors and they can't stand it.

I told everyone I knew back in 2006 that he was a big fat liar and everyone shunned me for saying so. Jokes on them now.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Some tried to point it out during the election - but it fell mostly on deaf ears and got lots of denials.

I wish there was more transparency in government but Obama was naive when he made all of those statements. He might have thought he meant it, but he really didn't know.

Imagine when he got in office -

Obama - "Ok - I'm doing to tell the world what is really going on. Ummm.. one of you guys tell me what is really going on first..."

Aide - *Whispers a secret in Obama's ear*

Obama - "Holy Crap!!! We are doing that?!?! I can't tell them that!!! There would be revolution in the streets!!!"

Exactly, I think he had all the good intentions in the world to do so but as president elect when you get that national security briefing before you take office and it all changes. Naive is right but he was still a liar back then before running for office.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Obama loves the law, execpt when its pointed at him, i loved the idea when he said he wanted a goverment with no secrets or lies, and all they have done is tell even more secrets and lies.
It seems in todays world every politican is a liar or a criminal.

Why cant we have someone who just tells it as it is? Not lying to us every minute of our lives, if we want to know we are f**ked and going to die, thats what we wanna know.

All any poltical figure cares about is money and public image, the rest they couldnt care less. As long as they are rich and people like them.

So you know what? I want to start my own country, a country where justice is served no matter the cost, no matter how rich or powerful you are, justice will be served. A world with no crimes, intolerance or corruption, its our world, lets take it back.

We will never get it back by whinning and complaining, a stand must be made, if things go too far, if one day you find yourself with no rights, no say . forced into a slavery program, that is when we take action. The world will know the name "new america"

A country, where health care is free, where jobs are easy to find, where homelessness is rare. Where people give a damn about one another. A country where, there are no secrets, sites like this wont be needed anymore.
A public domain, where education and science are taught to all, where you dont have to worry "am i going to live to see tomorrow?"

A world where everyone gets everything they need to survive. A world reaching for the stars.

This is the world i envision, and will bring into this world. With enough help, no one can stop us. Not even the elite, no army , no nation, no money, can stop this.

No violence, only peace. Free assange, he is a symbolic image to many, that the truth can always find a way out.

So lets bring out the truth.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

I agree mostly. My view is that the problem is that we have no real leaders left. They are all politicians.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

"Brits you should be worried"

Yes. Those of us not too far gone to be helped are worried. A legal system thats stood independent for hundreds of years is creaking under the pressure to stitch him up.

I'd be interested to know

1. In the history of sweden, has anybody ever been extradited on grounds like this, from anywhere?
2. Does the UK extradite people for things that you can do in the UK legally?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

We should be looking at who is behind these leaks.
Surely nobody believes that a bunch of computer hackers in a cave in Sweden are responsible?
Who and where are the "puppet masters" that provided the info to Wikileaks in the first place?

These 'puppet masters" very subtly but very directly told every single political leader on this planet -"we know what you are up to, we have lots more," real dirt" on you all, so behave yourself and do as we tell you"!!

Which shadowy organisation is that I wonder and the complaints from Obama and others are a smokescreen to divert attention away from these "puppet masters".
Simple really

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

"For a long time now, there's been too much secrecy in this city. The old rules said that if there was a defensible argument for not disclosing something to the American people, then it should not be disclosed. That era is now over. Starting today, every agency and department should know that this administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information but of those who seek to make it known."

"Obama abolished the position in his White House dedicated to transparency and shunted those duties into the portfolio of a partisan ex-lobbyist who is openly antagonistic to the notion of disclosure by government and politicians"

Now - he wants to assassinate those who seek the truth!

Wow, this man can lie!

Yeah, Obama would be a threat on the poker table IMO..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

If you fear the truth - it is because you have lies.

And when there are millions/billions of lives at risk - I think it is better to know those lies than to hide behind the Corporations and foreign influence that guides the lies.

Its not the man you fear - but the factual written articles of lies that he holds!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

"Brits you should be worried"

Yes. Those of us not too far gone to be helped are worried. A legal system thats stood independent for hundreds of years is creaking under the pressure to stitch him up.

I'd be interested to know

1. In the history of sweden, has anybody ever been extradited on grounds like this, from anywhere?
2. Does the UK extradite people for things that you can do in the UK legally?

Judging by the "NASA Hacker", i would say extradition from the UK is difficult on any level. But I don't know.

I think it is right now more of a "we better back off a little or the masses will be driven to revolt." I don't think that one act would do it...but they don't have much wiggle room left. I am sure I am not the only person who is just waiting for everyone else to get as pissed as I am.

Like i keep saying, i am not going to let myself be the only one in the streets with a pitchfork and torch.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz

Wow, this man can lie!

Yeah, Obama would be a threat on the poker table IMO..

Yes, and that's more where he belongs!

second
edit on 14-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Getting a little off topic here.....

I don't know who you are DimensionalDetective, but you have some of the greatests theads I've ever read on ATS. Have you thought about running for President of the USA?

You have a great following here on ATS. You have more stars than any other ATS member, and that's because of your great threads with your personal reactions and thoughts which are very similar to many of us ATSers.

Why don't you run for President next time, I'm sure you would win and we would all be living in a much better world because of it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
wait wait wait a minute!!! the kind of transparency he spoke of and ran on is totally a diff kind of transparency. those of us that voted for him werent expecting him to suddenly reveal all corruption or show us what kind of # goes on behind many closed doors. lets be real here... (even tho it would have been awesome). i support wikileaks 110% but you guys complaining about transparency and Pres. Obama are stretching it. regardless of who won, wikileaks would of still leaked material and any President would have condemned the leaks....

my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

...And a reporter that had any kind of spine would say "let's not talk about the current issue with Assange, what about answering legitimate questions by the families and architects and engineers for 9/11 truth. Why did you and Pelosi immediately after taking office did you say you were taking any investigation into 9/11 off the table? What about investigations into illegal wire taps, Halliburton, war crimes and the BP disaster. Mr. president, you have shown time and time again you are not for transparency of government." You're part of the same old government secrecy you campaigned against and reneged to millions of Americans! What do you have to say to that?"

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Talking about screening methods, India is getting pissed off with the TSA people "patting down" Indian Diplomats. If more diplomats gets harassed, it would seem that India will probably withdraw all its diplomats from US

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join