It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historians discover letters and numbers in Mona Lisa's eyes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

All that I can see from those images is a highly pixelated representation of the original canvas, at extreme close range.

Gimme some numbers !

Is this better?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Historians discover letters and numbers in Mona Lisa's eyes

au.news.yahoo.com

Tiny numbers and letters have been discovered painted into the eyes of the Mona Lisa prompting an investigation by art historians.
(visit the link for the full news article)

WoW interesting.
So dan brown is in vogue again to decipher this message

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Left eye:

I see a small circle within a circle with an "X" behind/intersecting it.

Right eye:

hmmmmmmm

I see something totally different

I see the snake wrapped around the tree of knowledge of good and evil and Lilith.
edit on 113131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The discovery of a 50-year-old book in an antique shop was the catalyst for the discovery of the symbols.
reply to post by CanadianDream420

This statement is kind of just thrown into the article without explaining what the connection is to a 50 yr old book! I love a good mystery, but that isn't a hint, that is a tease!

Great post!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Fantastic! I have always wondered why this particular painting held such interest. Maybe this is it!

I mean seriously, out of all the paintings in the world, why has this one always created such a sensation?
(Other than the beauty of it)
There are many beautiful paintings out there. This one has just always been...intriguing!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

The discovery of a 50-year-old book in an antique shop was the catalyst for the discovery of the symbols.
reply to post by CanadianDream420

This statement is kind of just thrown into the article without explaining what the connection is to a 50 yr old book! I love a good mystery, but that isn't a hint, that is a tease!

Great post!

Yeah, the only thing I have been able to find out is that the book referenced is a 1960's book by a French Art Historian, purchased by Sylvani (sp?) at an antique store.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

In regards to your saying that there are three different Mona Lisa's on da Vinci's canvas, its quite possible as many artists reused old canvas instead of purchasing new ones. Why? Probably because of cost and availability of the type of canvas they used (although I'm not sure that type had anything to do with it).

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Not microscoptic.

Magnifying glass. You can kind of see it in a big resolution image from google images.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It would not be too far of a leap to think that artists of this time never 'reused canvases' to paint on. These artifacts could be remnants of calculations drawn up on something laid over the canvas at one time or the actual canvas itself. A lot of time has passed since it was painted. I myself paint over perfectly good canvases that have slight use or were in storage for a while, and even sometimes over paintings started but aborted.

Or it could be a Da Vinci code.

Or it could be something that happened in the last 500 years after the painting was completed.

Or these guys also see bunnies in the clouds overhead sometimes.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Please post or link.

Would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
How much tax payers' money are governments spending on these projects is fing ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

It was already posted earlier, but this high resolution one shows it. Don't know why the colors are different.

www.abanet.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Man, you are quick!

2nd line - I so wanted to say a paint by numbers kit! lol

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I was a bit to general in saying artists "reused" old canvas. Poor choice of words on my part but you got what I meant. Thanks for the info.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
WOW

How ?

even with the tip of a hair strand you would see it... so how i gods name did he do it? what would he have used ?

you can't get blobs of paint that small no matter what tiny object has been used to apply the paint Ummmmm

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
does anybody else wonder why this wasnt discovered till now??? i mean we are not talking x rays here were talking about being able to see if with just a magnifying glass. How many times would people have looked at the Mona Lisa through a microscope let alone a magnifying glass and not have seen this. if anything as it gets older cracked and faded the details are the first to go. and im betting micro numbers fall into that category. also i dont see any numbers in the eyes based on the pic provided in this thread. i see a lot of cracked paint. An official picture proving these claims would be nice to help the discussion along.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I only see a letter P in the left eye, and it doesn't appear to be authentic.

Oh and thanks for the enlargement.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Illustronic because: To thank a poster with a link.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Bro, the article says that the pic is over 500 years old, thats why some of the letters can't be seen well.

I seen the "7" I don't see a "2" or anything else. I'l be getting me a High-Res Mona Lisa.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The numbers were put in the eyes because the real paintings are stored at some ELITES home. WE ALL WERE FOOLED.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

All that I can see from those images is a highly pixelated representation of the original canvas, at extreme close range.

Gimme some numbers !

Is this better?

I see the letter P in her eye and it is in black.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join