It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historians discover letters and numbers in Mona Lisa's eyes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Not sure if it has been posted or not, but is there any kind of info regarding if the numbers will be released?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
the guy in this picture says "HI"

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Although I find these kind of things intriguing, and I'd love it to be true, I really can't see anything.
I've noticed that these letters (especially the P) don't appear in photos of a similar scale or magnitude.

Besides - that P looks suspiciously "Helvetica" to me. San serif fonts weren't around much until the 18th century onwards. There were some san serifs around as early as the 5th century in Asia but when the gutenberg press was invented - it was predominantly blackletter, script and roman based letters - all serif fonts.
This p appears to be a rounded san serif, which made an appearance in the 18th century.

The amount of effort it would take to carve such a small letter out of metal and then the process of letterpress (for each letter he used) I would seriously consider the fact that he could have done it much quicker and just as well by using his own hand.

Apart from the P, I can't see anything else at the moment. the shape in the eyes to me look like / | which could just as easily be a subtle highlight. Open minded though - if anyone manages to find a genuine photo from the 'discovery' then I'd love to have a look..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well rest assured if this is true and has any significance at all we'll be lied to about it...

2nd line.
edit on 13-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I love these patterns

Da Vinci = Hermes = Mercury = Adam

Mona Lisa = Aphrodite = Venus = Eve

= Da Vinci was Hermaphrodite.

He is a messenger so I would expect many secrets hidden within his/her work

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Ah.. well someone said it mentioned it was a microscope. Either way, I doubt that picture is high res enough to see it. Your magnified pic is obviously much blurrier. If it was a true detail of the same rez it wouldn't be.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

saved me saying it maybe there is many mona lisa paintings,and students filled in the colours it is entirely possible

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

Could you give me a detailed outline as to how exactly you came up with those equations?

I don't believe Da Vinci was much more then a flamboyant artist, so if you have information saying otherwise, I'd love
to read it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I think he is just basing it off of the theories that the Mona Lisa is actually Da Vinci painted in drag. They rest sounds like personal opinion. If this is a previously considered philosophy, I've never heard it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Painting by numbers, what a fricken cheat!

But could that actually be the answer? What if its a forgery that a master forger used numbers for a colour system to replicate the work?

Maybe that is the real conspiracy? The original has gone??

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I can see the letters clear as day...

There's a huge B in the left eye and an equally big S in the right eye...

And someone P'ing themselves laughing in the background,,:

edit on 13-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

You beat me to it!

I just got the link to this pic on my clipboard - ready to paste, scrolling down to see if anyone else had been thinking paint by numbers.....

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
interesting ..... I don't know much about older conspiracy stuff but this is interesting if true. But it sounds fishy because no one has ever seen it before. I am sure the painting has been looked over closely before.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Thanks for the explanation, I have heard that before didn't think of it in the context though, the whole davinci in drag thing. Maybe there's something else to it but your probably right about what he was getting at.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Well keep riding that BS train because this is probably going to be much bigger news then you pissing yourself.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
very interesting but why has not someone observed this before?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Could you give me a detailed outline as to how exactly you came up with those equations?

I don't believe Da Vinci was much more then a flamboyant artist, so if you have information saying otherwise, I'd love
to read it.

The fallen Angels are the inner planets, Mercury and Venus.

Adam and Eve were kicked out of the garden, the outer planets live in the garden the inner planets do not.

Isis, Lucifer, Aphrodite, Ishtar = Venus

Osiris, Apollo, Thoth, Odin = Mercury

look for yourself, have a bite of the Apple.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Please don't come on here claiming to be an authority on images and image enhancement software when you're clearly not. It will only serve to convolute this thread with ignorant, uninformed arguments over whether current online images are clear enough to show symbols in the Mona Lisa's eyes.

Your starting image is blurry. Anything you do to it, aside from replacing it with a better image, can't change that fact. If you don't believe me, please view the following image:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56c0a7c4ec23.jpg[/atsimg]

I will not debate this with you; this image is clearer than yours. Though I doubt that these supposed letters and numbers would be visible even in this image, I invite everyone to take a close look at the eye on the right side of the image. To the left of the pupil you can clearly see what appears to be a capital "R" or "B" followed by a capital "F" or "E".

I AM NOT claiming these are the hidden letters necessarily, but what I AM trying to prove is that with a sharper image in higher resolution, we may indeed discover that there are tiny little details that aren't visible in lower quality images.

The defense rests.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Who wrote that though, I'm curious to where you found this information and how davinci gets plotted in.

2nd line.
edit on 13-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by T3hEn1337ened

Please don't come on here claiming to be an authority on images and image enhancement software when you're clearly not. It will only serve to convolute this thread with ignorant, uninformed arguments over whether current online images are clear enough to show symbols in the Mona Lisa's eyes.

Your starting image is blurry. Anything you do to it, aside from replacing it with a better image, can't change that fact. If you don't believe me, please view the following image:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56c0a7c4ec23.jpg[/atsimg]

I will not debate this with you; this image is clearer than yours. Though I doubt that these supposed letters and numbers would be visible even in this image, I invite everyone to take a close look at the eye on the right side of the image. To the left of the pupil you can clearly see what appears to be a capital "R" or "B" followed by a capital "F" or "E".

I AM NOT claiming these are the hidden letters necessarily, but what I AM trying to prove is that with a sharper image in higher resolution, we may indeed discover that there are tiny little details that aren't visible in lower quality images.

The defense rests.

Well in the same spot I can see A N M going down..
But it;s hard to know if it's letters or just the paint crackle effect..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join