It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historians discover letters and numbers in Mona Lisa's eyes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The thing you've all got to remember is that none of these images are life size. They're squished down pixelated versions and then squished and cropped some more. If its taken hundreds of years to see these supposed 'numbers' i highly doubt they will be large enough to see over an internet image.

I mean Da Vinci was a smart guy, if he wanted to hide some numbers in his picture i imagined he would have taken the time to hide them well, maybe even covered them up slightly. Who knows but i hope we find out.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Leornado was homosexual, and "mona lisa" is build upon it 's boyfriend.

( And moreover : many artist, and popular artist use science to let other message in their pictures )
edit on 13-12-2010 by psychederic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
oh man

a real Davinci code

kewl

it would be funny as hell to find out
the numbers were the local telephone number
for Dominos Pizza delivery.

hahahaha

or it could be the Long and Lat
coordinates for the discovery of
the Ark of the Covenant.

edit on 12/12/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
I can see the letters clear as day...

There's a huge B in the left eye and an equally big S in the right eye...

And someone P'ing themselves laughing in the background,,:

edit on 13-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)
I can't breathe.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
i'd really love to know the name of the book they got this information from. that seems like a good place to start to figure out what exactly the symbols are all about.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
great find, i wonder what this means?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Maybe it's revealed that it was all paint by number ....j/k

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Well this tidbit from the article was a teaser!
The discovery of a 50-year-old book in an antique shop was the catalyst for the discovery of the symbols.

What the hell did the book say?

Is it possible that this was an early method for "those in the know" to distinguish a fake from the real deal? Put there at some early date either by Leo himself or some owner thereafter?

This from another article

Vinceti said historians examined the painting after fellow committee member Luigi Borgia found a book in an antique shop, referring to the eyes of the Mona Lisa as being filled with secret symbols.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

That article proposes that it might be a clue to the model for the painting which has remained a mystery.

In the end I think this story is an ode to mystery and what we don't know...has there ever been a painting more scrutinized in history? Seen by more people? To have it it still hold secrets to discover...wow, what a world we live in. Awesome!
edit on 13-12-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
More good info here..

The 50 year old volume describes how the Mona Lisa's eyes are full of various signs and symbols and he added: "We are only at the start of this investigation and we hope to be able to dig deeper into this mystery and reveal further details as soon as possible.

Mr Vinceti added: ”Da Vinci put a special emphasis on the Mona Lisa and we know that in the last years of his life he took the painting with him everywhere - he didn’t like it to leave his side and carried it in a secure case.

”We also know that Da Vinci was very esoteric and used symbols in his work to give out messages and we have examined other paintings and have not found any similar numbers or letters.

”Painters we have spoken to have also said they are unlikely to have been put there by mistake so we are confident that they are a message from Da Vinci and were specifically inserted into the eyes by him.

”What adds to the intrigue is that they are in the pupils, the darkest part of the eyes, so they would only be none by him - if he had wanted them to be more widely seen then he would have put them into the more visible white parts of the eyes.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
this is like seeing sheep in the clouds

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The hidden letters/numbers are meant to decoded by The ET Corn Gods language, as is the name of Da Vinci, the word Holy Grail, and many other things.

See the websites listed in my Profile.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Seventytwo

Who wrote that though, I'm curious to where you found this information and how davinci gets plotted in.

2nd line.
edit on 13-12-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

I wrote it,
I have no references.

Original thought.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'll remain open-minded as possible on the issue, but what I find difficult to believe is the possibility that this specific portrait has not been examined extensively by instruments similar too and more powerful than magnifying lenses. What's more an intrigue with this story is the fact that the eyes are one of many features to the painting that draw interest, not just to fanaticals of historic art, but even the experts.

I'm not saying it is absolutely not possible they missed a trick here, only part of me hopes that the examination of this piece, in the past, has overlooked this detail in some way or another, hence, a ''new'' discovery lay afoot... but I'm romancing that idea a little too much.

edit on 13-12-2010 by BAZ752 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Wow! 72 again!

Anyone else just finish playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood?

The simialrities are eerie to say the least.

"Nothing is True. Everything is permitted."

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

I read a few different articles and thus far experts in art, brush strokes etc. agree that the writing is not error, happenstance or coincidence. No one is seeing a face on mars etc here. The writing is small (readable with a magnifying glass) and in the pupils of the eyes (black ink) and looks as if it was designed to stay hidden...but bottom line is that the writing is distinct and intentional rather than a curious looking brushstroke etc.

The crew that discovered it should stop reveling in the spotlight and story and release pics and full details on the book that tipped them off. Mona Lisa belongs to the world...all discoveries need to be shared realtime.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This painting is indicative of our world. There exists a "breakaway" civilization right before our eyes. They are hidden in plain sight. I imagine that in DaVinci's time there was this elite, very wealthy and living beyond the perception of the mass population. Surely some, if not most of today's hidden elite are descendants of the ones present throughout human history. Now, though, they probably have access to fantastic technology.

Finding codes in the forms of numbers and letters hidden in the eyes of the Mona Lisa and the background is extraordinary, a message in a bottle ---passed to us in this age from centuries ago. Thank you, Leonardo, for literally illustrating to us that the world has been, is, and probably always will be filled with mystery. Imagine gazing into her eyes all these years, the folks who've had the gift of having seen her in person, not knowing that the entire time they were seeing a message of sorts.

A documentary that aired on NBC, I believe, or one of the History type channels took the dimensions and measurements of the Mona Lisa and compared them to the self-portrait of Leonardo... The results were haunting. Apparently, the Mona Lisa and his self-portrait are of the same person. In other words, he painted himself as a young, thinnish woman.

Back to the point of having codes and symbols hidden in plain sight, it's literally everywhere, and I won't go into all of the locations and examples here. One notable one is the Denver Airport. Another is Washington D.C. --Masonic and "other" symbols are everywhere. The city itself is laid out in some (possibly) masonic pattern. The National Treasure movies capitalize on this sort of thing, as well as The DaVinci Code.

Perhaps there is more to "fiction" than meets the *eyes.*

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I realize the number 72 has many important, scientific and religious implications, but when a videogame character discovers it, and it parallels real life................that's just effin weird, man. The guys at Ubisoft must really be scratching their heads as well. Leonardo is a leading character in the last two games. Even the timing is right. We're on the brink of the supposed 2012 stuff, and the number has been discovered within one of Leonardo's works. It's really really weird to say the least.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
it took them long enough,

i wonder how long it will take them to find the symbols i found in the "Last Super" painting

i made a thread about it before but no one seemed to care

as far as my reaseach went the symbols i found were congruent to the symbols of the Voynich Manuscript, pretty interesting if you ask me

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Leonardo was an Alchemist, not in the sense of turning base metals into gold, but in the sense he was spiritually connected. Many back in the day who practiced alchemy conveyed information in symbols or cyphers which would be understood by other alchemists, they did it this way to alleviate the possibility of persecution from the Roman Catholic Church, penalties could be incarceration, torture or death.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Marketing for the next Da Davinci Code Movie?
It's possible!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join