It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historians discover letters and numbers in Mona Lisa's eyes

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but 72 also refers to something to do with creation... im not sure wat the numbers in the table mean, or how they got them, but 72 occurs in the creation of man and animals... www.teachinghearts.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
What's bugging me is that artists have had magnifying glasses to this painting for so long, and nobody else has realized it? An artist would have been able to easily distinguish some writing from a brush stroke. That's what you are doing, is actually studying the brush strokes, how each color blended into the load on each bristle, how the brush was swashed to bled colors.

Other than that, this is awesome!

This was exactly what I thought ... this is one of the most scrutinized paintings in the world ... why has this only been spotted now ?

Unless it has been added during one of it's more recent outings !
(does anyone know the last time the she was taken down from the wall for any reason) ?

Can you imagine the uproar if this turned out to be an immaculate fake and none of the experts had noticed ?

Watching with interest. Woody

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What a great find its just fascinating,Da Vinci was a extraordinary man for his time he was full of codes and secrets..wonderful find thanks so much for shareing...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I see the number 21 in one of the eyes when i searched for high resolution pics of Mona Lisa on Bing and then zoomed in. I tried to post a link but it didn't work. I didn't see anything in the other eye though.
edit on 13-12-2010 by ucantcme because: Link i posted didnt work

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't see any #'s.
Just 2 i's

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Leonardo was more than a painter he was a scientist, painter, writer, enginner, sculptor...need me to keep goin or do u get the picture? He was a genious pure and simple

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
A Thought

But the Devil is linked with 72 ... Leaders of the Fallen Angels
Baphomet is the devil as a hermaprodite

Mona Lisa is Da Vinci as a woman

Other letters according to press were LV for leonardo and DE for devil maybe....

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

Could you provide me with a link please? I'd be interested in seeing it for real!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is just French crap to get tourism. Pardon my French I'm super cold right now. Seriously though....numbers in the eyes? It's taken 20 fricken years to discover this? Absolute BS for more Davinci code movies staring Tom hanks.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Psssssst Pssssssst look into my eyes....what do you see...I see a 3....ummmm maybe a 7.....ummm maybe....a....hmmmmm....damn...how did that fly S%^T get on the damn painting.....

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I was very curious after reading this, so I thought I'd check it out. I downloaded a high resolution pic of the Mona Lisa, and instead of looking at the eyes, I looked everywhere else. I don't know if anyone has found other interesting things in this painting, so I'm not sure what I found. I'm putting it out here for other members to check out. I've also found other stuff in the painting, but I'm not sure what is, if anything.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/109e3a21c224.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d99e1dfa1063.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 13-12-2010 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Since I haven't been within 6000 miles of the actual painting, I'll have to take their word for it for now. I would sure hope that if they get a chance, they'll write an article about it, including the numbers and letters, or an image to such. I would not be suprised though. I painted for a while, and I used to throw in Shht all over the place. I once painted a painting with just the same brush stroke over and over again until it formed the image I wanted. Artists do wierd things, especially the wierdest of all the artists, EVER.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I've read through quite a lot of the pages & haven't seen below mentioned;

“I can’t offer any comment on the scientific value of this 'finding' since the scientific basis to support it are missing,” Carlo Pedretti, the world's leading scholar in Leonardo studies, told Discovery News.

“Under the microscope, the eyes of the original Mona Lisa -- not those appearing in magnifying high-resolution images -- do not present any cryptic sign, such as numbers or letters, but only the craquelure (or cracking) also visible to the naked eye,” Pedretti, who heads the Armand Hammer Center for Leonardo Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles, said.

And from the same website -

Alessandro Vezzosi, the director of the Museo Ideale in the Tuscan town of Vinci, where Leonardo was born in 1452, agrees.

“Scientific tests such as non-invasive X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy have revealed many interesting features, but certainly no letters and numbers,” Vezzosi told Discovery News.

“People are so fascinated by this painting that they can see everything in it,” said Vezzosi, the curator of a traveling exhibition called “Mona Lisa Is Naked,” which explores the impact of the enigmatic lady on art while gathering portraits of a half-naked women with clear links to the famous (and clothed) Mona Lisa.

Discovery

According to these guys there are no numbers or symbols & until I see high res pictures from Vinceti showing where they are, I'm siding with these guys

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Looks like a blurry scene with one of the figures being crucified

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I was reading about Leonardo and he is a odd person and he would seem like the type of person to hide numbers and letters in paintings.

Listen to this... he was left handed and at times he would write backwards. The only way to decipher it, was to hold it up to a mirror. So that should tell you he liked writing secret codes.

You can read about it here at this site www.mos.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by Nameless Hussy
...72 virgins, 72 is also how many conspired with Set to kill Osiris...

Leonardo was not interested in Islam or other religions. He was mostly interested and loyal to Catholicism and Christianity.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

If you say so. Since I didn't know him, I personally can't say for sure. But, he was closely associated with the Medici family, who were very interested in esoteric ideas that were considered heretical at the time. Also, considering the power of the Church, and their tendency to crush anyone/anything that smacked of blasphemy (like aforementioned esoteric ideas), I will venture a guess that anyone would seem "interested and loyal to Catholicism (but definitely not Protestant Christianity)" back then. Unless you were wealthy and powerful in your own right, like the Medicis were.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Katie

Reverse image the mona lisa
and see if we can find anything

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wow, what a great find.

S + F. We have a new Da Vincie Code....

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31His name is Leonardo da Vinci not LD.

Oh... sorry. I used a short form. Can I just call him Lenny instead?

Leonardo's use of symbols came in the form of objects, colors, body language, and religious artifacts. As a result of his sister being a nun, Leonardo was able to get commissioned work from the Vatican. Even though he had some reservations about the church, da Vinci did not pass up a chance to be creative. He was mostly interested in capturing the human form, biblical scripture, and still life projects.

Outside of his personal feeling being injected into paintings, you will not find anything secretly 'coded' within his works.

Yes... he was interested in the human form, especially in relation to the Golden Section:

the Golden Section]

Leonardo Da Vinci explored the human body involving in the ratios of the lengths of various body parts. He called this ratio the "divine proportion" and featured it in many of his paintings.
jwilson.coe.uga.edu...

Leonardo da Vinci's drawings of the human body emphasised its proportion. The ratio of the following distances is the Golden Ratio:

(foot to navel) : (navel to head)
Similarly, buildings are more attractive if the proportions used follow the Golden Ratio
www.intmath.com...

"...no human inquiry can be called science unless it pursues its path through mathematical exposition and demonstration." -Leonardo Da Vinci

milan.milanovic.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Quick G-search on "mona lisa brush strokes" pulled up this:

'Mona Lisa' Decoded - ABC News

"Art historians are most curious to know how da Vinci created the painting's soft, slightly misty look.

The technique is known as "sfumato" -- borrowing from the Italian word for "smoke" -- and it adds to the painting's air of mystery.

So far, the researchers concede, da Vinci has kept his secrets.

They can tell he applied layers of translucent color on top of each other, something many other painters have tried to copy.

But just how did he do it?

Even with the laser scanner's power -- able to show details smaller than the width of a human hair -- they see no brush strokes, and none of da Vinci's fingerprints.

In other works of his, it is clear that he sometimes applied paint with his fingertips.

Most painters also leave clear evidence of brush strokes. Not da Vinci, and not on the "Mona Lisa."

The subject of the painting is said to be a young woman from Florence, Italy, named Lisa Gherardini, wife of a merchant named Francesco de Giocondo.

The "Mona Lisa" is sometimes known as "La Gioconda."

The Canadian researchers say they still have a great deal of work to do to interpret the data from their scan."

That's why I'm leery about their findings... I fear they may be finding pictures in smoke, but considering the mysteries of the Mona Lisa as a whole, it's still plausible to me that they found something truly relevant.

Also, do a search for "mona lisa scan" and you'll find lots of interesting articles relating to this.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Earthscum because: added info

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join