It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historians discover letters and numbers in Mona Lisa's eyes

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
hi all.

72?

someone told me that she read from a profound channing [maybe] site that this guide says that "the asension/end times would result in a "best" harvest of mankind if the world's population is 7.2 billion.
I read just now the population is about 7.07 billion people.

[I cannot find this info in google.]

freestone

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hello, this is my first post and I decided to post it here
. This might just be my imagination but I tried to find numbers and letters in the painting. But as I said, it´s probably just my imagination. Tell me what you think about the picture. I uploaded it to imageshack and the link is below.

img88.imageshack.us...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
reply to post by CanadianDream420

There is a ton of mystery in that painting. I have taken hi res images from it and blown them up to study it inch by inch. The most fascinating part though does not even need to be enlarged The folds of her sleeves, especially the right sleeve are just TOO precise. In addition the angle of her fingers seem to mirror the folds in the sleeves, all pointing toward nothing and "something" at the same time.

wow i know right:

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Wow! 72 again!

Anyone else just finish playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood?

The simialrities are eerie to say the least.

"Nothing is True. Everything is permitted."

This.

There are some seriously creepy coincidinces going on here.

For those who don't know the game, the Assassin's Creed series is about a centuries old battle between the Knights Templar and the Assassins Order, continuing into modern day. Basically the Knights Templar still exist, run everything, are searching for technology from a previous civilisation that will give them ultimate power, and the Assassins are out too stop them

Some of the coincidences: the last two games have been based in Renaissance Italy and feature Leonardo DaVinci as one of the main characters, helping the Assassins. One of the main parts of the games is finding hidden messages in art and decoding them. In the last game the number 72 is hugely important, and is a vital code (without wanting to give away spoilers). Oh, and the main villians in the last two episodes, the two Templars who were striving for world domination, are Rodrigio Borgia and Cesare Borgia. Who discovered this real life hidden message in the Mona Lisa? Luigi Borgia.....

If I didn't know better I'd think it was all just a marketing ploy on behalf of Ubisoft.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NomDeGuerre

Exactly..
If it isn't some sort of joke or marketing ploy or anything along those lines, I can guarantee that the devs at Ubisoft are basically in a semi state of shock. It's just entirely too coincidental. Sychronicity or whatever you want to call it; it's friggin weird weird weird.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Is the "7" here a number or a symbol? Symbol of what then; Tree of Life and Death, Saturn's Syth, weapon of change?

Is she smiling because she knows our future?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
i can't believe i didn't post the following when i posted here about a week ago. I apologize if this has already been discussed.

It appears that Leonardo could have been a member of the Prior of Sion, which, if the group is true, was created by the knights templars.

I also found that Leonardo actually lived the last 3 years of his life in France. Why is this important? All of the Knights Templars came from france and after the capture of jerusalem during the first crusades they decided to let a man from southern france rule the kingdom. If you are familiar with southern france's history, you may know about the heavy influence of judaism on the land. The merovingians were jewish kings and the Septimanias was heavily influenced by the jews, if not mostly jews.

I believe that there is something very important in southern france. I honestly think that Mary Magdalene had Jesus' child and came to southern france where they would try to reclaim jerusalem, which they did almost exactly 1000 years after the fall of jerusalem.

NOW, with all that being said, let me talk about the number 72 regarding the Knights Templars. If Leonardo was part of secret societies, he would have most certainly known about the Templars and probably venerated them.

en.wikipedia.org...

It was Bernard de Clairvaux and founder Hugues de Payens who devised the specific code of behavior for the Templar Order, known to modern historians as the Latin Rule. Its 72 clauses defined the ideal behavior for the Knights, such as the types of garments they were to wear and how many horses they could have. Knights were to take their meals in silence, eat meat no more than three times per week, and not have physical contact of any kind with women, even members of their own family. A Master of the Order was assigned "4 horses, and one chaplain-brother and one clerk with three horses, and one sergeant brother with two horses, and one gentleman valet to carry his shield and lance, with one horse."[42] As the Order grew, more guidelines were added, and the original list of 72 clauses was expanded to several hundred in its final form.[43][44]

Bernard de Clairvaux and Hugues de Payens supposidely made up a number of rules which equaled 72. Could this be related to the number?

And one last thing about Leonardo in France. He spent his last 3 years there and brought the Mona Lisa to France. I was also not aware that France actually "recaptured" milan. Francis 1 of France recaptured it and Leonardo appears to have a role in this bit of history. After the recapture, Leonardo was comissioned by Francis 1 to build a lion that could walk and it's chest would open up to show a bunch of lilies. This was presented to the pope, i'm not sure if it was actually built. After this, Leonardo left for France where he lived until his death.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by tauristercus

Well, 5x magnification of a pix-elated copy isn't the same as viewing the original under a microscope.
2nd

They used a simple magnifying glass and NOT a microscope.
The original image I used was high resolution and would be good enough to show the presence of small painted characters within the eye structures.

Nothing there .....
edit on 13/12/10 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

old thread maybe but had to comment on this outburst. you wont see a great deal even at high resolution on a pc screen, its 70dpi, even standard print (which is more like the hand of a great and technical artist) is 300dpi.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

That is one of the many reasons I absolutely love Ubi Soft. The Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed series have some profound underlying messages in my view. These guys and gals seem to get it. And Splinter Cell Chaos Theory as well. I loved that one. The BioShock creators also seem to have a profound understanding of some of the webs that envelop society. Some of these video game developers are quite clever, and they are using that cleverness to spread the memes they want spread.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nexusferox

old thread maybe but had to comment on this outburst. you wont see a great deal even at high resolution on a pc screen, its 70dpi, even standard print (which is more like the hand of a great and technical artist) is 300dpi.
old thread yes, but if you come back to read this, you're completely wrong here and shouldn't use this argument.
-
While a typical display varies from 72 to 96 dpi, an original high res photo can be zoomed into. dpi is a non issue if you display a 1200 dpi drum scan and ZOOM into a portion of a drop of paint across a HDI screen, you could possibly see dust on the paint if they were to let such an item get dust on it..

Also, modern digital cameras are sensitive enough to read infra-red if you simply remove some parts in the camera
- Digitally develop in a RAW environment and you can get HUGE amounts of never before seen detail from photos.

You just have to know what the heck yer doing

b
edit on 31-12-2010 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

i dont know if anyone has discussed this, but 72 is the angle in a pentagram. I have a book on Venus and in another thread i had brought up the following:

Freemasons - the 72 degree compass is the emblem of virtue and duty. Also the women's division of the masons is known as Eastern Star - the daughters of Venus.

www.easy-drawings-and-sketches.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just saw this on the Daily Mail's website. A historian is claiming the letters signifies the identity of the Mona Lisa.

Art Historian Claims To Know Mona Lisa Identity

Seems she is the daughter of a nobleman who was in charge of the region where the painting apparently depicts.

That's IF the letters are to be attributed to them being her initials.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I also always admired leonardo!
Lets see what he is hiding this time.
Im posting to subscribe.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by CanadianDream420

I hate things like this!As if we don't have enought mysteries in the world,that old fart had to go and put tiny numbers in the painting!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Reply to post by glen200376

I hope its something incredible!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here is why the number 72 is in the painting.

“If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.”
-Nikola Tesla

www.redicecreations.com...

What Are The Ancient Solfeggio Frequencies?

These original sound frequencies were apparently used in Ancient Gregorian Chants, such as the great hymn to St. John the Baptist, along with others that church authorities say were lost centuries ago. The chants and their special tones were believed to impart tremendous spiritual blessings when sung in harmony during religious masses. These powerful frequencies were rediscovered by Dr. Joseph Puleo as described in the book Healing Codes for the Biological Apocalypse by Dr. Leonard Horowitz. I give honor to both of these gentleman for the part they’ve played in helping return these lost frequencies back to humanity.

The Six Solfeggio Frequencies include:

UT – 396 Hz – Liberating Guilt and Fear
RE – 417 Hz – Undoing Situations and Facilitating Change
MI – 528 Hz – Transformation and Miracles (DNA Repair)
FA – 639 Hz – Connecting/Relationships
SOL – 741 Hz – Awakening Intuition
LA – 852 Hz – Returning to Spiritual Order

For example, the third note, frequency 528, relates to the note MI on the scale and derives from the phrase "MI-ra gestorum" in Latin meaning "miracle." Stunningly, this is the exact frequency used by genetic biochemists to repair broken DNA – the genetic blueprint upon which life is based!

All the numbers on the Solfeggio scale add up to either 3, 6, or 9. So this relates to 72 because 7+2=9. Given who Leonardo was, he must have known how important this information is, and I guess that's why he included it in the painting.
This is also why ancient buildings all around the world have 72 of something or 144 of something

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join