It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist extremism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

But Hitler was a Christian.

Most certainly not. Don't make the same mistake of the German public, Hitler was a master at propaganda to suit his purposes best.

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"

Was Hitler a Christian?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

We can toss around things back and forth, but Hitler was most certainly not an atheist. He publicly spoke out against atheism. There is no evidence to show that he didn't believe in any deity.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I really think they need to keep a close eye on these Extremist of the Atheistic faith, for it is from this small group (very tiny group) in which the next Hitlitarian dictator may arise. If one of these people are placed in a position of power and with todays technology and nuclear weapons they will have the possibility to do great harm.

Extreme Atheists usually begin with Church burnings and defamation of Character, they have no respect for that which is love and life so they may look at other human beings as just animals... this is reflected in their sociopathy towards others and may even beget predatory instinct toward other fellow human beings.

Atheists in general feel they are their own God as it is and this gives them the self-righteous power to make their own laws and rules.

Will they be able to chisel them into stone ?

I highly doubt it...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

We can toss around things back and forth, but Hitler was most certainly not an atheist. He publicly spoke out against atheism. There is no evidence to show that he didn't believe in any deity.

it is all in perspective of viewing angle...

Theists may perceive Hitler as an Atheist by his actions and knowing in which faith his root were most likely in... regardless of his self-proclaimed title as God himself... Theists will always perceive this as Atheism in general.

All encompassing...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
I really think they need to keep a close eye on these Extremist of the Atheistic faith,

Please, provide an example of atheist extremism. Oh,and it's not a faith. It is a lack of faith. Bald is not a hair color and not collecting stamps isn't a hobby.

for it is from this small group (very tiny group)

It's at least 500-750 million people. This is according to Cambridge university's inquiries. half to three quarters of a billion people isn't a very tiny group. Ten million people? That's a tiny group. But 500-750 million people, that is not a tiny group. That's around 8-10% of the global population.

in which the next Hitlitarian dictator may arise.

Please, provide evidence for this blind bigotry.

If one of these people are placed in a position of power and with todays technology and nuclear weapons they will have the possibility to do great harm.

No, they won't. Please provide an example of a mainstream atheist being worse than a mainstream Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc.

Extreme Atheists usually begin with Church burnings

No, that's typically idiot black metal people who are devoted to one-upmanship in terms of extreme criminal actions. Or racists in the south who happen to be Christian.

and defamation of Character,

I think I should compile a list of the times you've defamed the character of atheists.

So far you've called us: Hitlers in training, ugly, heroin addicts, sub-85 IQ idiots, young, tattooed, you've claimed we all have 'bones in our noses', etc.

You've made the baseless claim that Darwin was a 'super-racist' and a 'racist dictator' and blamed him for all the atrocities of the 20th century.

they have no respect for that which is love and life

Actually, I respect truth, beauty, and (above all other things) love. I respect life, the rights of others, and the personal choices that others make.

You, on the other hand, make baseless claims against individuals. When asked for evidence you attack individuals for not formatting their posts in a manner that best suits them. You are being quite the hypocrite.

so they may look at other human beings as just animals...

But we are animals. We're not plants, are we? But whether or not we are animals isn't related to respect and love. We are animals but we treat others in the manner we'd preferred to be treated.

For example: If I made a baseless claim against 8-10% of the world population, I'd love it if someone called me out on it.

this is reflected in their sociopathy towards others

Give me any evidence that sociopathy is rampant amongst atheists.

and may even beget predatory instinct toward other fellow human beings.

Give me evidence to support this claim as well.

Atheists in general feel they are their own God as it is

Give me any evidence that this is true.

and this gives them the self-righteous power to make their own laws and rules.

Give me evidence that this is true.

Will they be able to chisel them into stone ?

I highly doubt it...

Actually, chiseling things into stone shouldn't be too hard. But I'm not going to take the time to do it to show you that. Of course, this is yet another baseless post from the anti-atheist bigot.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I didn't claim Hitler was an Atheist.

I said he certainly was not a Christian.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I would say that it is doubtful that he isn't a Christian, of course there is no way of conclusively testing this. We have conflicting quotes from the same individual, conflicting accounts of what a Christian is, and no way of going into the mind of Hitler himself to prove it.

I say the discussion should just be dropped at 'he wasn't an atheist' and we'll leave his religious persuasion as a question mark. This is somewhere that doesn't have a conclusive answer.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I would say that it is doubtful that he isn't a Christian, of course there is no way of conclusively testing this. We have conflicting quotes from the same individual, conflicting accounts of what a Christian is, and no way of going into the mind of Hitler himself to prove it.

Of course there are 'conflicting quotes', no one is denying that. But when you take into account motive the fuzziness snaps into a crystal clear stance. Ask yourself:

1. Would Hiltler's motive rest in lying to the extremely pro-Christian German populace when giving speeches?

2. Would Hitler's motive rest in lying to select inner-circle friends who he didn't need their support?

And yes, there are varying ideas some hold as to what a "true" Christian is, but none of these positions hold that Christ permitted/taught the mass murder of others. Especially considering all Bible translations state Christ teaching to love and bless one's enemies.

To the answer of the first question lets look at a quote from Hitler himself:

"To whom should propaganda be addressed? … It must be addressed always and exclusively to the masses… The function of propaganda does not lie in the scientific training of the individual, but in calling the masses' attention to certain facts, processes, necessities, etc., whose significance is thus for the first time placed within their field of vision. The whole art consists in doing this so skilfully that everyone will be convinced that the fact is real, the process necessary, the necessity correct, etc. But since propaganda is not and cannot be the necessity in itself … its effect for the most part must be aimed at the emotions and only to a very limited degree at the so-called intellect… it's soundness is to be measured exclusively by its effective result". (Main Kampf, Vol 1, Ch 6 and Ch 12)

"Always" and "exclusively" to the masses? I'm certain I know the answer to my two questions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join