It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Wikileaks WWIII???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Is this the opening shots of World War Three?

Its global

The Powers That Be [most world governments and corporations] vs Wikileaks, Hackers, possibly some countries and internet geeks from Guam to Timbuktu and The Press.

It has organized attacks and defenses.

Economic warfare

Cyber Warfare

It has groups choosing sides with offensive and defensive capabilities.

A Prisoner has been captured.

Both sides propaganda machines are in full swing.

There will be more casualties. Political careers and some corporation could be ruined, possibly physical war between countries, possible civil war or revolution for other countries.

Will it Change the World when its over?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

When I think of World War III, I think of a bunch of men in a room saying "Everything is going according to plan" - The way this is turning out, doesn't appear to be the case. But we don't know that either.

There are definitely some main ingredients, but I think it's safe to say we should wait at least until tomorrow (lol) before we pull out our war horns.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Will it Change the World when its over?

We can only hope my dear friend, and hopefully without violence.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Nah, its only the beginning....

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

When I think of World War III, I think of a bunch of men in a room saying "Everything is going according to plan" - The way this is turning out, doesn't appear to be the case. But we don't know that either.

Ain't war hell!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Creating the internet was like creating another world. It's freedom is under attack.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Can 4chan organize an attack on the stock market and crash it somehow?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Could this be another phoney/twilight/sitting war I ask myself?

(for those that don't know those where the terms coined for the initial phases of WW2)

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The internet has provided a new arena in which to conduct war. I am inclined to think that yes, this might be WW3. The good guys/common folk fighting the bad guys/corporate elite.

Except that this should remain on the internet and not spill over into bloodshed in the streets. There is no need for that. We can topple the enemy in his own realm -- the economy -- and bring about a better existence for everyone.

Go hacktivists.!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Meh, I figure the War on Terror is WW3 and this is just another battle within the war

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sallamy
Can 4chan organize an attack on the stock market and crash it somehow?

Nope. They can only organise attacks on everyday people for shiggles.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Meh, I figure the War on Terror is WW3 and this is just another battle within the war

The war on terror isn't a real war insofar as there is an legitimate targetable "enemy". Its fictitious from from the word "go". Ironically, real people are dying because of it; mostly innocents.

At least here there is a tangible enemy -- the corporate oligarchy.

Instead of being a war between nations, it is a world wide class struggle between the "haves", that's them, and "have-nots", that's us.
edit on 12/8/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It sure seems to be in full swing.

Its funny that cnn keeps giving then taking away wikileaks own section on the breaking news front page. It seems they would like this story to fade away.

Viva!! revolution!!!!

You think the government threats are going to slow or stop the leaks? Or are they going to shut down the net??

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

This thing is snowballing like crazy. Even Sarah Palin has been targeted!

www.rawstory.com...

It feels like there is real momentum developing in the effort to take shots at any one and any company that puts themselves on the side of squashing truth and freedom of speech.

I can get real excited about that -- fantastic -- but, I do wonder when the clamps are going to come down hard in terms of government trying to shut things down. On the other hand, if they do, then I think the rest of the sheeple might just be wakened up by the thud and actually pay attention.

At least we could hope so.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

funny Albert Einstein said that technology would mean that WWIII would be the last war (we'd all be radiated dust by the end of it), perhaps this IS WWIII and technology has advanced enough that we can all chill without having to worry about bombs dropping.

new topics

top topics

join