It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious Thing About Wikileaks and Assange

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I can see how you guys think it's immoral of Julian to not release the documents in order to guarantee his own welfare and to build up suspense.

But here is how I look at it.
There have been quite a number of whistleblowers in the last 100 years.
Even though they had sometimes shocking information, nothing happened when they released it.
Ofcourse most of them were killed and the information was taken out of sight.

Now here is a guy that managed to get our attention. He is on the news and everything.
If he is delaying his message a bit further, so that he can maximize the effectiveness of his message, is that actually a bad thing?
What will happen after the material is disclosed? Will we live our lives like before, or are we going to do something about it?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Here is what I see. And I am a little suprised more people on ATS have not pointed this out.

Look at how much press this issue has recieved.

The entire story would literally be next to nothing if it were not for the press. It would be a website and that is about it. Maybe it would make its rounds on the internet on a few prominant websites, but the governments can and do regularly take a no comment stance to speculatory questions and sources of information. Afterall how many non corporate websites get millions of hits (excluding present copmpany of course
) on a regular basis?

What has made this story so far is the governments acknowledgement of the validity of the documents. Why not call them lies? Why not deny they know anything about them? Or as they do in many situations simply ignore the entire ordeal? But thats is not the case. These leaks are everywhere. American msm, European msm, even Asia and Australia is all over it. Governments and media. Undoubtedly some of that is due to a snowball effect, but it sure picked up steam offely fast.

Its funny also that so many people on here, ATS, call the major media outlets shills and puppets being ran by the puppetmaster governments of the world or the "NWO"
yet it is the media that has been providing the majority of the coverage about these leaks. It is the media and the governments that are giving the leaks the attention (undeserving?) that they are obviously seeking.

I find that the strangest thing of the whole ordeal. There is one thing that maybe we should be looking for while these wikileaks have the headlines and our attention. And that is anything else. Could be a diversion from other serious moves behind the scenes. The markets may reflect this. It happens whenever major shifts are occurring. See the Great Depression and other economic disasters that have taken place through history for examples of what I am talking about.

To me, it just seems like to much, to fast. Maybe it is as simple as it is being layed out to be. I don't know of course, but the most powerful question we can ask is: Why?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo
The only thing thats a threat to peace is that damned US Government, why can't they stay in their own country and sort the crap out there ... Freakin seppo's

For anyone interested this topic is to be discussed on BBC Radio 2 Jeremy Vine 12pm GMT guest will include John Pilger.

It will be interesting to hear what the UK public opinion is on this , it's a phone in show for those who don't know and fancy a moment on the radio to air your views in public

See link for more info

www.bbc.co.uk....

edit on 8-12-2010 by The Djin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Your forgetting one vital piece of information that is key to your whole thread.

Wikileaks has cables concerning governments and officials. These cables show the feelings expressed by said person. Those that have researched UFO'S / EBE's will know that this particular field of expertise is not handled by any government and most certainly will not be discussing it openly via cables.

The secrecy surrounding UFO'S comes under a completely different bracket even the so called leaders of each country are not privvy to the information. Therefore, wikileaks may have a few snippets of information about UFO's but it will be the same old thing, such as national security, strange lights in sky seen by military/pilots/police/citizens. I expect there will be some information about Gary Mckinnon aswell, but almost certainly there will be no information that will force disclosure, unless of course there is another agenda.

The whole wikileaks thing has been set up to turn countries against America and it is fulfilling its agenda nicely. The biggest empire is about to fall and I for one will be sitting in the front row.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Julian Assange is playing Poker with the world right now... and he isn't about to reveal his hand just yet.

The Cablegate (why do we always have to call conspiracies xxxxgate now, does that not annoy anyone else?) documents, are official documents, and if there is an embassy talking about UFO's, its acknowledging their existence. It's not saying "Swamp gas, shaped like a 40ft silver disk buzzed the city yesterday" or something like that.
No, its not disclosure. It's not even close, but imagine what you can do, when you have a document, that the US government CAN NOT deny is theirs, about UFO's.

The Poker reference is because i have a hunch he has more on UFO's. But its all in the Torrent/Insurance file.

The Afghan/Iraq files are the ones that got the attention of the population.
Cablegate has proved (we all know they did, yes but this is now making it FACT) that our governments lie.

They're clearly working to an agenda, otherwise if they dumped it all on us now, we'd all be so overwhelmed in everything in one go, it'd make the big stuff be the news and the lesser stuff would go unnoticed. You'd then have a VERY pissed of government who wouldn't hesitate on taking them out.

So its safe to assume, we've only just begun with Wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yepz, noticed the same.

Also VISA has blocked funding going for Wikileaks (Source, BBC news).

So if this is just somekind psy-op or such, it is somewhat curious that such notorios organizations are reacting so forcefully to the leaks.

I wouldn't cast any judgements just yet.

-v
edit on 8-12-2010 by v01i0 because: 1234121

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Curious re: the mention of UFOs and the stepped up efforts to lock down Assange and affilliates. Perhaps given what has been released so far those sitting on the fence would swing towards the existence of UFOs if alluded to by WL. The general public have been rocked by the releases so far, so does that mean it would be harder for our Governments to deny all knowledge considering they have somewhat admitted to other tidbits from WL?

Naw, I'm going with the banking releases as the catalyst. I would hedge TPTB are more interested in protecting their monopolies than whether UFOs exist and whether we believe in them.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
well...

the fact that Assange was arrested
shortly after he spoke about UFOs
been mentioned in some cables/files
might be just a coincidence
(or more likely dirty banking mentioned)

me thinks he would end up in jail
anyways (I am sorry that it happened, the
reason of the prosecutors is beyond ridiculous)...

and also, I don't think this will stop the leaks
(there is an army of pirates and awakened people
that will make sure of that)

so, let's be patient and wait for those (UFO) cables

I personally am skeptical because
the cables will probably not say anything
that we don't already know, eh?

(I sincerely hope I am wrong)

cheers

edit on 8-12-2010 by donhuangenaro because: :-D

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

Assange wasn't arrested because of alleged UFO disclosure. The manhunt has been going on few months already. The fact the first attempts of arrest was failed, was because Swedish officials made some mistakes regarding INTERPOL protocols... Or something like that.

But then there is the fact, that wikileaks hasn't revealed very much new information which (in the words of Umberto Eco) savvy observer didn't already know.

-v

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
My take on this is that TPTB took some time to come up with a strategy to try to mitigate damage about the forthcoming banking revelations that only started to come into effect around the time of the UFO comment. Pure coincidence. Maybe..

As for the contents of the UFO cables, it's possible that these could be communications informing others that reported UFO sightings were of secret test flights and not to be confused with alien UFO's. Maybe...

Hopefully we will know for sure soon.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
The whole wikileaks thing has been set up to turn countries against America and it is fulfilling its agenda nicely. The biggest empire is about to fall and I for one will be sitting in the front row.

Really? Countries are turning against us? Are they upset because we ignored their requests to attack Iran, showing restraint instead? Are they upset because we spy on everyone, just like they do?

Something else that has me wondering is the insurance file. How many people downloaded a file from a hacker, without knowing what's in it? I bet the us gov't did so they can see what's in the in the event he gives out the key. Be kind of crazy if it contained a virus of some sort but that's for another thread.

More to read and respond to but typing on a maxi pod is not fun

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vinterskogen

Its from the watergate scandal with Nixon. The watergate complex houses the DNC where the perps were caught.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Assagne was a computer Cryptographer before he became famous with wikileaks, he has the means to hide nearly anything on the insurance file, however he could have provided the cryptography for any other group he has connections with, not especially wikileaks. However by becoming a member of wikileaks this file could be distributed to far more people than would otherwise have been able to access it due to it becoming widely known through the msm.

who knows whats on there, I doubt its anything important except as a bargaining chip...?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Really? Countries are turning against us? Are they upset because we ignored their requests to attack Iran, showing restraint instead? Are they upset because we spy on everyone, just like they do?

Without going off topic, the only reason the US has not invaded Iran is not because they showed restraint but because of China. Why else have the US done one of the biggest arms deal this year with Saudi Arabia in order to set up a military installation in a strategic area of attack for when it goes down with Israel and Iran 2011. Also at this moment in time everyone around the world is secretly wanting the USA (governement not the people) to go down. Quite simply because of the corruption that took down the banks and forced the entire world in to an economic down turn, When people lose their hard earned money due to corrupt financial institutions originating from the USA, they want revenge. When rich powerful people lose their money they want blood! and they have the power to get it.

In regards to the insurace file, I am waiting with baited breath, however, I believe that we will see a trickle of more leaks in Jan 2011.

IMHO - Julian Assange is a hero and should be recognised globally for his achievement to bring us the truth,

edit on 8-12-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I have been wondering about the recent leaks Wiki. and wondering why all the world's governments have been screaming at the top of their voice to hang this guy. It may be perhaps there is more than meets the eyes concerning the U.F.O. topic There may very well be incriminating evidence, yet to be released concerning visitors from beyond. If the fact that it is found out that the world's governments have been covering the existence of visitors, it may lead to massive civil unrest. This could very well be one reason.
Taking this another step, let's say this is true. I cannot fathom what would happen to our society, and the world's main religions. I believe many people would be having a hard time trying to cope with this reality. Our society is already breaking down in front of our eyes now if people would look at that . Pile on top of it confirmation of E.T.'s and it could very well be the final straw.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Firstly, Assange has been trying to meet with the Swedish prosecutor since August. He never 'hid' from authorities, and handed himself in to the police the day after the interpol warrant was issued. (thats right- Interpol- the international police authority designed to deal with dangerous international criminals and terrorists- for two counts of 'sexual assault', which, even if he was found guilty of these charges, as another poster pointed out, the maximum fine is £750 US dollars)- he is then refused bail, effectively keeping him in custody until his trial is heard- potentially months. He was also put on the FBI most wanted list- all for these sexual assault charges. Blatant attempt to silence him??

Trouble for TPTB, and something most people are overlooking, is Assange isnt Wikileaks. He is their main spokesperson, but the organization is more than this one man, so these leaks will continue. Also, these leaks are being distributed by the mainstream media- I dont see them being persecuted in this way. The Guardian (one of the more honest papers in the UK) said the other day when questioned on this "Its not our job to stop governments from embarrassing themselves."

I applaud Assange, even though I dont particularly like the guy, for his bravery. People saying 'oh, its nothing, we dont know about this tittle tattle between diplomats' are seriously underestimating the the effect these leaks are going to have across the diplomatic world- I would love to have seen the Iranian presidents face when he found out all his supposed 'Allies' in the Arab world were secretly pleading with the US to 'cut off the head of the snake'!

Back to the matter in hand- I saw a spokesman for the Guardian saying (on the night these last leaks were released) that 'you aint seen nothing yet' and that the leaks would be more earth shattering as they went on- I really hope that this means something UFO based, which if the rumours are true, has the ability to seriously embarrass TPTB more than any diplomatic cable. Heres hoping.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Curious thing is why did`nt assange reveal any secret UFO data at the start,surely a intelligient person would start at the top and reveal more damaging stuff as he went down when Officials cornered him.I think the UFO info is`nt there as at least,seems so.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Seems to me that the last thing you would want to do to Assange, since he holds the encryption key for a possibly earth-shattering intelligence release, would be to tighten the screws on him.

Cut his means of funding, arrest him on trumped up charges?

Seems silly, if he really has the top world leadership by the gonads.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This whole thing is getting crazy. I like crazy. I agree that he is being set up to TRY to stop his leaks. We all know it will not work. He has a ton of followers and if he is locked up or even worse. They will release without thinking twice. And these CIA connections the rape accuser is suppose to have. No shock at all. I think the UFO stuff was saved for now because of how damaging it will be, not could. This man is smart. And seems to have most of the "what if's" covered. Some think the whole wikileaks is a US Govt operation. I do not see that so much. But I do love some good alternative views. Those at times turn out to be the most interesting facts. I will keep watching this story. Most obvious set up in this worlds history right here. Sheesh.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'd love nohting more than confirmation of ET in the leaks but being realistic I just can't see it - if he had that kind of info it would be Earth shattering stuff - real history making - it would have been his lead article not buried in the soon to be released junk.

I'd love to be wrong but am not holding out hope for anything special - just, as so many have already pointed out, odd remarks between people - mostly disparraging about reported sightings - at best it wil be confirmation that some of the best sightings are confimed as army high tech - my own opinion of most triangles and such.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join