It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious Thing About Wikileaks and Assange

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
You nailed it Crakeur.

2010: The Year We Make Contact.

Surely Arthur C. Clarke can't be wrong???

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I think most fail to realize that the "insurance" is for his life. Why would he release a file withheld to prevent his untimely demise? He is still human after all. He must hold something back that ensures his survival, as would anyone else in his shoes. We sit here and complain that he has unreleased information that we have a right to, but it would be suicide for him to show all of his cards. Everyone knows you hold your trump card for the final play.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

They won't be able to hold him long on the charges, eventually this information will still get out, as long as Assange is who everyone hopes him to be.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Now if only Osama Bin laden was that easy to capture

3rd

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Is this the exact time line of events?
I mean I thought paypal/amazon shut him out before that statement?
Please let me know if i'm wrong, if not, your totally on to something i believe.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Crakeur, you, for one, might be in better position to answer your own question.

And I find it interesting that you never addressed Cupocoffee's question as posted back on page three of this thread: "Did you?"

As one of the ATS trio who reviewed Sgt Clifford Stone's collection of documents, you have probably already considered what documents, referencing UFO's, might be contained in the Wikileaks "Poison Pill" cache.

As I've posted in another thread (which died soon after: I tend to kill more than my share of threads) :

The documents were originally gathered by Sgt. Clifford Stone over a period of years. The ATS team visited Sgt Stone in Arizona, reviewed all the documents collected, and noted that, when taken together, several of the documents pointed to a clear and shocking conclusion.

But to my knowledge, the actual documents in question, and how they relate to each other and/or the conclusions derived from them were never published...lack of funding, perhaps?

It was a rather prickly issue at the time, and the owners my feel hesitant at the issue being revived at this time.

Nevertheless, I thought it might be interesting to submit the possibility of a "cross-indexing" verification, should the leaked cables actually mention high level UFO discussions.

Assange's cache may not actually hold a "smoking gun" regarding the UFO issue; but then that would be too easy.

However, as I suspect you suspect, even if the damning evidence contained in those documents is merely inferential, as you and the ATS team concluded from the Stone documents, the infamous PTB might find even that possibilty too disruptive to allow into the light of day.

edit on 8-12-2010 by Bhadhidar because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

it could be nothing major but the gov't might not know what he has.

the fear of what he might have could be enough for the govt to panic.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

they only need to hold him long enough for the US to come up with something to charge him with. Then they will be able to request extradition.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

I'll go back and look at the question you refer to but, in the future, linking me to it would be far easier (for me).

As to the possibility that the stone docs might, somehow, relate, I don't know. The docs we saw dated back a ways but the items we looked at were verification that the government lies through their teeth when they say they don't investigate ufos. Stone has compiled a compelling stack of documents that indicate quite the opposite. Of course, the objects that are referenced in his docs are never declared to be alien or extraterrestrial but there are plenty of docs showing that the gov't did, indeed, investigage objects that were seen in the sky or had fallen from the sky (so called space junk).

is it possible that a document in Assange's leak refers to one of these cases? Absolutely. Will that be the smoking gun? I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

The tide is turning.

The Revolution Starts Today

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

AS I had stated in another thread,. this whole thing stinks,.
he could have stayed outta site. but he turned himself in? I dont get that.
Also, My concern is that this will be the reason the PTB use or created to gain controll of the
average users net. a tool developed to say "we will controll the internet from now on"

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
Greer already published a bunch of classified UFO documents years ago and there was no big media spectacle, no death threats, no rape charges, no arrests.

I don't know what Greer published but, based on what I do know about his past releases, it's been nothing to write home about.

We're dealing with the unknown here. The Gov't doesn't know what Assange has. They only know that he has a lot of it.

Originally posted by cupocoffee
You guys didn't get any serious heat coming down on you when you were talking about posting your big stash of UFO documents, right? (Or...... did you??
)

What we had(have) is not so cut and dry. As mentioned above, it's inference, based on stacks of documents and letters Mr. Stone received from various gov't outlets. Pieced together, we made the same connections that Mr. Stone made and, I'm guessing, most of our members would also make this connection. It doesn't prove anything other than that the government was, as late as the 1990's, still actively investigating ufos, even though they say they don't.

Truth is, it's really a silly thing for them to lie about. More so post 9/11.

Someone says there is a strange craft flying overhead and craft isn't on anyone's air traffic log, and it isn't a gov't plane of any sort, then it is unidentified. It is flying and it is an object that could very well be a threat to our security and, therefore, must be investigated.

I think it's safe to assume that the majority of society would think along those lines but, when you read in a cable that Hilary Clinton asked if some diplomat from the netherlands has any information on the unidentified flying object that was spotted last month (making this up), the public could see this as an admission that the gov't not only investigates ufos but believes we are being visited by aliens.

As mundane and silly as that might sound here, to the masses, that would be a big thing and could lead to our government's hand being forced regarding the whole issue and that, there, is why they cannot have these things come out.

Disclosure will come, not when they arrive, en masse, over every city. No, it will come via a minor nothing little thing that will be so simple but, when taken into the proper context, the whole wall will crumble, revealing everything.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo-V™

But how far do the "people " need to be pushed before the rights are taken back.
the majority are lazy unwilling to fight in fear of loosing their comforts

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Why is Wikileaks getting ALL the credit? I know they are the one spilling it but I have yet seen (unless I missed it) anyone give any credit to the young private,Bradley Manning,who hacked into the system with an ecrypt software and sent the classified file in bits(to wikileaks e-mail). He was only 22 years old and in prison, I havent heard anything about him currently but im sure it cant be good considering how much attention the files are getting. So I give props to him and he should be conisdered the hero as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This could be an interesting angle. I'm sure there are others whom have stepped back and looked at the big picture of everything going on in our world right now. Scientists stopping aging in mice, technology giving us more and more ways to "catch" unexplainable things, archeology finding more items that don't "fit" with the period of time they are found in. We are living in pretty amazing times and this may be just wishful thinking, but I really believe we will have an answer to the "are we alone" question in our lifetime.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I think that our government and others want to put Assange on ice until they can figure out if it is even possible to prevent any further releases of information. I think they are scrambling now to identify any and all possible sites that are making any future files available for download. The Governments recent power grab to control or even shut down the Internet will most likely be put to the test, especially now that they have claimed that our national security is at stake.

Personally I don't think this has anything to do with Assange's claims about info related to Aliens. But I could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have followed Julians escapades for a while now. Last summer, in an interview with Jim Clancey of CNN, Wikileaks co-founder, John Young made an interesting statement regarding how Julian makes his money. Here's the quote:

"They revealed that they were continuing to raise $5 million in the first year, and I had a problem with that scale of money raising," Young said. "So I criticized it ... the only way you could raise that kind of money that fast would be for some corrupt source of money or some government agency. So they booted me off the list."

CNN interview of John Young

So let's start to follow the money. What 'government agency', if that is the case, could possibly be funding Wikileaks and, more importantly, why?

I see a pattern here with our current US leaders with regard to crisis. They were slow to respond to the oil leak in the gulf, have had a record of denying states and cities emergency funds when a state of emergency is declared, and then try to simply dismiss any problem with a wave of the hand. Personally, I think they're trying to milk every crisis to it's fullest extent. "Never let a serious crisis go to waste…it’s an opportunity to do things you couldn’t do before" – Rohm Emanuel, April 2009.

Crisis = chaos. The more chaos, the more control the government would be able to impose on it's citizens. It would also allow the government to take away more of our freedoms so as to maintain order.

I propose and firmly believe that the US government or one of it's agencies is or has been sponsoring Wikileaks as well as Julian Assange.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Common sense tells us nothing of this nature would be sent by cable. lol

US Ambassador: Majorie, please remember to fax over those images of the Roswell crash to the White House. Before lunch, preferrably.

Majorie: Yes, sir. Shall I send the alien postmortem sheet as well?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MensaDude

raising 5 million dollars for a site with as much publicity and notoriety as wikileaks shouldn't be too hard, provided there was an endgame with regards to a return on your investment.

it should also be pointed out that the guy making the claims seems to be upset for not being included which would imply a bit of sour grapes.

lastly, did they raise the money?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I don't know... if his supposed source was a private first class in the military I doubt he/she would have been able to get access to any serious UFO and alien documents. Otherwise there'd be thousands of people in the military in the know and that wouldn't stay secret for long.

Are there supposed other sources he has?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join