It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe the exploits were finally exploited...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Have the exploits in IIS been exploited today?? Right now Im surfing around and many sites arent responding...I believe that they are all running on Windows Servers...Google, Leoville, Suprnova, even my own site is down....any word?? Neither does ATS...but I dont think that has anything to do with the exploits because it runs on RedHat. Iv tried searching Google for a date of when the attacks were scheduled to occur...but alas it cant be accessed.

[Edited on 3-7-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
just came from google /shrug

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
None of my friends are able to access any of the sites iv listed...among others.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
just went to suprnova.org, works fine.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
All 37 sites i tried that I knew were Windows Based were down....now back up...something was up....not my end...O_o

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Have the exploits in IIS been exploited today?? Right now Im surfing around and many sites arent responding...I believe that they are all running on Windows Servers...Google, Leoville, Suprnova, even my own site is down....any word?? Neither does ATS...but I dont think that has anything to do with the exploits because it runs on RedHat. Iv tried searching Google for a date of when the attacks were scheduled to occur...but alas it cant be accessed.

From what I know, Google is not run on Windows Servers, their open-source based. (Unless they have recently switched).
But anyway... I remember another case like this, I read it in a NY newspaper when I was over there a few weeks back - can't remember the details though.
There seems to be a lot of exploits for IIS, but mainly version 5/5.1 - version 6 (Windows 2003 Server) seems to be safe from the many exploits floating around.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Nothing has made the news, I-net Traffic Report, SANS, CERT, etc. The .ORG has been experiencing some intermittent problems of the last week or two, but it only lasted a few minutes each time. There was a backbone router down in Alaska this morning - the result of a fiber cut. I got that from AT&T tech support when I was on with them this morning about another problem.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
nm

[Edited on 3-7-2004 by Lysergic]

top topics

join