It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: ice age has already started - the shocking evidence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rabbigoldstein

Saying scientists support your claim is just an argument from authority the sad part being the only scientist I see mentioned by name is Vladimir Parr, a theoretical physicist NOT a climatologist.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Yes, Imagine. Do you really think man deserves to inherit this World? I
understand there are more good people than bad, it's just those who
control this World now care nothing for the poor, sick and elderly much
less for the animals and enviornment. I hope Justice will be swift and
exacting.

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth," says the Bible. That doesn't mean what most people think it does. The word translated as "meek" is the Greek word praus, which in ancient times didn't mean "weak-willed, passive, mild." Rather, it referred to great power that was under rigorous control. For example, soldiers' warhorses were considered praus. They heeded the commands of their riders, but were fierce warriors that fought with tireless fervor. In this spirit, Scorpio, I'm predicting you're about to get very "meek": offering your tremendous force of will and intelligence in disciplined service to a noble cause.
www.freewillastrology.com...

Service yes, slavery no. There is a fine line between the two that should
never and will never be crossed.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
............more shocking evidence and reports to come today

i fear we have only experienced the begining,
i wish it werent so

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The gulf stream is slowing but humans are not entirely responsible for this, the salt density in the sea is declining because of fresh waters from arctic. salt is the driving force of ocean currents, see my thread that i started on this topic. I will be waiting for your valued comments.

Humans are accelerating themselves towards an Ice Ace.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Britians just need to acclimatise.
Once a person is equiped and used to winter, it isn't such a big deal.
If Britian had spent their global warming propaganda and grant money on snow removal budgets
The problem would never even have made the news,

You know they say, make a person a fire and you keep him warm for one night.
Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
oh just saw this

www.dailymail.co.uk...

claims we`re stuck with this for at least 2 weeks (no guarantee at all it wont continue way way beyond that)

and talks about a sudden fall to potentially -18

a sudden fall in temperature of such a big nature should be enough to alarm people

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Saying scientists support your claim is just an argument from authority the sad part being the only scientist I see mentioned by name is Vladimir Parr, a theoretical physicist NOT a climatologist.

Here is a list of (known) oil spills, mind you the latest ones in the Gulf of Mexico
and China are not reported in these articles. How much oil would an oil chuck
chuck if an oil chuck could chuck oil? In other words, how many times does it
take until TPTB finally understand? How much spilled oil does it take to make
a new Ice Age? How much plastic, chemicals, trash and oil does it take to totally
F*&% up this World so that the TPTB change their ways for real? Will they do it
in time, if at all? Stay tuned for the best thing on radio and tv.......................

gcaptain.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
you know whata amusing, how even though i dont go by movies (always exagurated and rarely follow facts or logic..) but just the fact that almost every time, people doubt it right until the end.

please dont make the same mistakes its all im saying

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

How much spilled oil does it take to make a new Ice Age?

I fail to see how oil even could start an ice age. You are aware that oil, as it emerges, it usually in liquid form right? And that the ocean is extremely massive right? Don't get me wrong I don't want to see the ecosystem hurt any more than it has been but to suggest that some oil spills are going to start an ice age seems downright silly.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Thanks for your insightful post. I enjoy reading the truth when I see it. You see nothing is as it is presented to us through various channels. Watch Alice in Wonderland....Nothing is what it seems to be and you can either take the 'red' pill or take the 'blue pill'. If Global Warming is what "they" want to cram down our throats about what we should be afraid of and blame it on us with Blame, Shame, Regret, Remorse and Guilt, then more thank likely in my eyes it is definitely the opposite; so I would say we are definitely going into an Ice Age and should prepare ourselves for life as Eskimos or suffer the consequences of not knowing how to withstand very cold, chilly, frigid, weather. Minimize the suffering of loved ones and educate yourself about what if this were to happen and was warned and did absolutely nothing to prepare. Even if the messenger is not the scientist; so what, you perceive it as you like. "Disbelief does not transform Truth into falsehood." -not sure who said this....but I like it as it makes sense to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rabbigoldstein
you know whata amusing, how even though i dont go by movies (always exagurated and rarely follow facts or logic..) but just the fact that almost every time, people doubt it right until the end.

please dont make the same mistakes its all im saying

Methinks you need to HEAR this song of
Not everyone
are bound by the same rules.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

I fail to see how oil even could start an ice age. You are aware that oil, as it emerges, it usually in liquid form right? And that the ocean is extremely massive right? Don't get me wrong I don't want to see the ecosystem hurt any more than it has been but to suggest that some oil spills are going to start an ice age seems downright silly.

"I fail to see how oil even could start an ice age."

Then let me lend you a pair of my glasses my friend.

en.wikipedia.org...

Evaporation is a type of vaporization of a liquid, that occurs only on the surface of a liquid. The other type of vaporization is boiling, that instead occurs on the entire mass of the liquid. Evaporation is also part of the water cycle.

Evaporation is a type of phase transition; it is the process by which molecules in a liquid state (e.g. water) spontaneously become gaseous (e.g. water vapor). Generally, evaporation can be seen by the gradual disappearance of a liquid from a substance when exposed to a significant volume of gas. Vaporization and evaporation however, are not entirely the same processes.[citation needed]

On average, the molecules in a glass of water do not have enough heat energy to escape from the liquid. With sufficient heat, the liquid would turn into vapor quickly (see boiling point). When the molecules collide, they transfer energy to each other in varying degrees, based on how they collide. Sometimes the transfer is so one-sided for a molecule near the surface that it ends up with enough energy to escape.

Liquids that do not evaporate visibly at a given temperature in a given gas (e.g. cooking oil at room temperature) have molecules that do not tend to transfer energy to each other in a pattern sufficient to frequently give a molecule the heat energy necessary to turn into vapor. However, these liquids are evaporating. It is just that the process is much slower and thus significantly less visible.

Evaporation is an essential part of the water cycle. Solar energy drives evaporation of water from oceans, lakes, moisture in the soil, and other sources of water. In hydrology, evaporation and transpiration (which involves evaporation within plant stomata) are collectively termed evapotranspiration. Evaporation is caused when water is exposed to air and the liquid molecules turn into water vapor which rises up and forms clouds.

Contents [hide]
1 Theory
1.1 Evaporative equilibrium
2 Factors influencing the rate of evaporation
3 Applications
3.1 Combustion vaporization
3.2 Film deposition
4 See also
5 References

[edit] See also
Atmometer (evaporimeter)
Crystallisation
Desalination
Distillation
Drying
Evaporator
Evapotranspiration
Flash evaporation
Heat of vaporization
Latent heat
Pan evaporation
Transpiration
[edit] References
Sze, Simon Min. Semiconductor Devices: Physics and Technology. ISBN 0-471-33372-7. Has an especially detailed discussion of film deposition by evaporation.
1.^ a b Silberberg, Martin A. (2006). Chemistry (4th edition ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill. pp. 431–434. ISBN 0-07-296439-1.
2.^ Geotechnical, Rock and Water Resources Library - Grow Resource - Evaporation[dead link]
Look up evaporation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

Evaporation of water[dead link]
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaporation"
Categories: Atmospheric thermodynamics | Basic meteorological concepts and phenomena | Materials science | Phase changes | Thin film deposition

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Double post
sorry
edit on 7-12-2010 by rabbigoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I'm not doubting that oil could have some effect on the climate, but there are so many factors effecting the climate that I doubt the oil spill will have a noticeable effect and even if it does I doubt that it will be as noticeable as an ice age. The claim is a sensationalist one and while I'd like to see pollution diminished I don't think we need to resort to free mongering or sensationalist claims.

The oil spills do have an effect, particularly on the ecosystem of the gulf, but to suggest they're going to bring about an ice age still seems silly, even if every last drop of oil evaporated into the atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This will only be confirmed when the Ice Age starts, which it obviously hasn't.

Most people don't know that an ice age has nothing to do with global temperatures. It has to do with two things:
1) Exaggerated differences between temperatures in the tropic zones and the temperate zones.
2) Severely increased precipitation (in both rain and snow)

What's supposed to happen is once the Gulf Stream stops, the heat begins to build up in the tropics, and the temperatures drop in the temperate zones. The tropics begin to heat up and create rain storms (hurricanes and cyclones). These storms move north naturally, and they collide with the colder temperatures up north. This collision creates huge snow storms and dumps many dozens of feet of snow in one season.

During the summer, there is so much snow that it doesn't melt, and the pattern continues the next winter until the Gulf currents pick back up.
edit on 7-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

I'm not doubting that oil could have some effect on the climate, but there are so many factors effecting the climate that I doubt the oil spill will have a noticeable effect and even if it does I doubt that it will be as noticeable as an ice age. The claim is a sensationalist one and while I'd like to see pollution diminished I don't think we need to resort to free mongering or sensationalist claims.

The oil spills do have an effect, particularly on the ecosystem of the gulf, but to suggest they're going to bring about an ice age still seems silly, even if every last drop of oil evaporated into the atmosphere.

Ever hear of Cumulative effects and or the canary in the mine shaft? A canary is used
to tell the miners if poisonous gases are present to warn them if danger is present in a
mine. (ancient by the way), There are many such indicators in life, all we have to do is
see and or watch. Who watches the watchers in these circumstances?

en.wikipedia.org...

Biological indicators are species used to monitor the health of an environment or ecosystem. They are any biological species or group of species whose function, population, or status can be used to determine ecosystem or environmental integrity. An example of such a group are the copepods and other small water crustaceans present in many water bodies. Such organisms are monitored for changes (biochemical, physiological, or behavioural) that may indicate a problem within their ecosystem. Bioindicators can tell us about the cumulative effects of different pollutants in the ecosystem and about how long a problem may have been present, which physical and chemical testing cannot.[1]

Just look at the marine life that has been decimated because of said catastrophes. Look
at biblical prophecies, warning of such things. How much more proof do you want? If you don't
believe in the Bible or prophecies then for G*d's sake, at least believe your eyes. If That doesn't
work for you then listen to what your Intuition and heart says man. Sooner or later, your are going
to have to believe in something or someone, start by believing in yourself if nothing else!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Mr. D

I believe it is supposed to be that the boundary layer between the very fast moving warm stream (4mph) and the colder sea is disrupted as it passes through the oil - this causes it to break up and meader about, never reaching Europe.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I apologize if someone already posted this, as I haven't read the entire thread, but here it is anyway:

The Gulf Stream-European climate myth
The panic is based on a long held belief of the British, other Europeans, Americans and, indeed, much of the world's population that the northward heat transport by the Gulf Stream is the reason why western Europe enjoys a mild climate, much milder than, say, that of eastern North America....We now know this is a myth, the climatological equivalent of an urban legend.

Source: www.ldeo.columbia.edu...

Pretty interesting article, complete with references.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood

reply to post by Mr. D

I believe it is supposed to be that the boundary layer between the very fast moving warm stream (4mph) and the colder sea is disrupted as it passes through the oil - this causes it to break up and meader about, never reaching Europe.

You all still don't get the point that I am TRYING to get across do you? Let's just say that an
Ice age does not start, let's just say that all the prophecies stated in the bible do not happen
Physically in our world. Can we use the parallels and parables in our lives? What if our Wives
were our lakes or oceans and infidelity was the oil and the marine life were our children? What
if WE are the canaries in the mine shaft of life? What if knowledge was the resource we are
mining? Do you want me to get Raw? New school, Old school? Want to get "Shafted?".
Since when has mankind KNOWN what they really want? Anyone? I'm still learning like a
child making alot of noise
, doesn't mean I'm not trying to learn. Join me on my journey,
the only strings attached is the survival of our families and children.....long term (count).

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

Even the IPPC has finally backed down from the Gulf Stream Myth. It's not breaking down, It's stabilizing. And we are already in an ice age. We have been for the last half century.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join