It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Sorry, I don't buy it. I had long hair at Uni, but now I shave it down to a grade 3 all over.

Really can't say I've noticed an difference to be honest.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

But the occasional 'trim' (an inch, maybe) really livens up the hair! Makes me feel like a new person. Maybe it clears the channels of communication, clogged with pollution and electromagnetic onslaught...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I love this thread! Thank you so much. I knew what I felt was right about my hair all along, but it feels good to have it confirmed like this. Western pagan tradition tells that a witches power is in her hair, that it should never be cut, or touched by another without consent, and this had become part of our cultural attitude towards women, power, sexuality and their hair. Although not normally articulated, it's considered unsuitable for older women, perhaps reaching the most powerful phase of their lives spiritually and sexually, to have long hair....perhaps because it's understood that it would make them more powerful. The pressure I get to cut mine is massive, and I flat out refuse...
I also hate beyond reason when someone touches it uninvited.

A couple in interesting linkies here...

Dredlocks

The Spirituality of Hair

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
man my hair sux when it's long.

further the american tap water system with it's chlorine and shiz really makes the hair dry and f-ed up. Even with a water filter it still is the same.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

"What absolute twaddle."

LOL What a great film!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
There might be something to this theory. I've noticed about myself that the more confident I am, the longer my hair is.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

hmm to say that we are all out of our minds is wrong.. you really dont know if it is true or not, so why deny it? u gotta leave the possiblity open.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
2 post =/
edit on 7-12-2010 by donteventrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hmm. The Hulk has short hair. Superman too. I don't think Samson or any of you silly little hippies would want to get into an argument with Superman, now would you?

Also Jesus had long hair and we all know how well that turned out for him, hmm? Same goes for Julian Assange.

Short hair FTW.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Funnily enough, i was actually thinking about this today when i saw a man with absolutely gorgeous long hair. Isnt it natural for their hair to be long like womens? And then i remembered the story about some Jason guy from greek mythology and then this idea came up. lol
I know this homeless boy who is indian and he wont cut his hair or anything because he thinks hes going to lose all his spiritual power.
Also, if you look at rastafarians the reason they dreadlock their hair is because they think it improves some sort of spiritual connectivity.
But yes, it is quite contradicting when monks and the like shave their heads. lol
maybe they are trying to gain this connection without using hair as an aid to make it stronger?
Still, i think there is some truth to this hair thing.
S&F

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pikappa

Perhaps using fictional comic book characters as the bulk of your argument here isn't the best way forward, and "silly little hippies" is as rude as it is inaccurate. There is a point to this thread that merits further discussion, even is it is based on anecdotal rather than empirical evidence.

No one has claimed that this phenonemon would be present with everyone....perhaps only a certain percentage of the population would be aware of it, but this could be said of any other trait. We don't all have to have all human characteristics, all the time. Some people will be very sensitive to this, some will never notice it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Yes, good article, hair is very interesting, both in terms of the black op implants and ET ones as well. And I believe psi abilities, but also communication and an enable their HAARP tehcnology and targeting to work to on individuals. You can get some extraordinary staitic, electircal and magnetic fields with hair, and some of its connected to implants. Not all good stuff mind you, bandanas are highly recommended in some cases.

Also, the black ops, nazi's who use the haarp like technology targeting individuals, usually amp it up so your hair actually crimps and its like they're deliberately attacking a persons hair.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

I find long hair in men beautiful. And yes, it is natural.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

generally, old broads look terrible with long hair. it gets stringy and greasy, and just looks terrible. it like when the skin starts to go downhill, the hair does too.

perhaps that's why they should not have long hair.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
When I lived in Hawaii a few years back, a couple hawaiians told me never to cut my hair cause it connects me to the stars. Since then I've kept it pretty long. I've cut it but not super short. To me it makes sense, just like cats have whiskers. Then again I read a book once by a buddhist monk and he called hair "foolishness grass" lol.

Personally I believe hair is there for a reason.

Great post I have been thinking about this for years...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
reply to post by pikappa

Perhaps using fictional comic book characters as the bulk of your argument here isn't the best way forward, and "silly little hippies" is as rude as it is inaccurate. There is a point to this thread that merits further discussion, even is it is based on anecdotal rather than empirical evidence.

No one has claimed that this phenonemon would be present with everyone....perhaps only a certain percentage of the population would be aware of it, but this could be said of any other trait. We don't all have to have all human characteristics, all the time. Some people will be very sensitive to this, some will never notice it.

Well, Samson is a fictional character too, and for all we know, the e-mail might very well just be a story fabricated by some religious fanatic to validate his views. Yet you're all taking it so seriously. There's exactly 0 (zero) evidence in favour of your belief. I know lots of strongly spiritual people who have short hair or are simply bald, but I don't think a serious argument can be made in that sense.

If you're going to lower the standard of proof to fictional historical characters and anecdotal evidence, then pretty much anything goes. Sorry, I'm just playing by your rules here. ^_^"

Originally posted by caitlinfae
perhaps only a certain percentage of the population would be aware of it, but this could be said of any other trait. We don't all have to have all human characteristics, all the time. Some people will be very sensitive to this, some will never notice it

This is so very true. I can read the minds of animals (but not reptiles), and make exo-spiritual (3rd level) contact with "inanimate" objects as well, and most people think I'm crazy or just joking. It just makes me mad. And trust me, you wouldn't like me when I'm mad.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

This is so very true. I can read the minds of animals (but not reptiles), and make exo-spiritual (3rd level) contact with "inanimate" objects as well, and most people think I'm crazy or just joking. It just makes me mad. And trust me, you wouldn't like me when I'm mad.
reply to post by pikappa

Wow, want to expand on that?
Im not trying to be a smartass or anything, im actually genuinely interested.

Ive heard of empathic people who can empathise with inatimate objects but i have absolutely no idea how that works. Im a little empathic myself and i really cannot see how it works, maybe they take in energy or something? No idea

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Nonsense, my best friend is close to 60 now, and she's gorgeous, a hair dresser by trade, and a duet jazz blues singer part time. Might I recommed for middle aged and older women:

How To Layer Your Hair - Wispy Layers (Cutting your hair)

and

Quick Messy Updo Bun

Japanese Inspired Cute Volumized Braids

Buzzbeauty, has lots of messy, casual, whispy type long hairstyles that remind me so much of my friend's style, and they really suit women of ALL AGES.

Men, well they look good layered too, but long and straight is fine as well.

Hair is linked to psi.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Dubious.. 1. Never saw any docs or staff with long hair at any v.a I went to (that may have changed as was banned from ever setting foot on any v.a or govt. property years ago.. p.t.s.d and been declared "too dangerous") 2. Keep my head shaved and am aware of everyone and everything around me at all times. 3. Have been around and studied with buddhist monks who shave their heads and are even more aware of things around them than I am. Sounds more like urban legend as have seen people with medium to long hair who were aware of their surroundings as well.. Think its more an ability some have it.. many dont.. Seems stronger in people who grew up or live in the country than in people from who grew up in and live in cities..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Put me in mind of Shatner's Wig

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join