It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I love how the atheists completely ignore the Samson connection.

I think Rael makes this point in his original book, that hair acts as antenae.
That's the reason why Einstein wore his hair long.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
in response to those who feel that spiritual individuals cutting their hair contradicts the hypothesis in the OP:

If i am to understand the OP correctly, long hair acts as an extension of the nervous system, and therefor connects the individual more vividly to the sensations of the external world.

many monks and spiritual seekers do not wish to be connected more vividly to the external world and instead seek to turn their awareness to the internal world. they cut themselves off from the external world of sensation by fasting, celibacy, meek lifestyles, vows of silence, and other ascetic practices.

if long hair increases ones sensitivities to the external world and its cavalcade of sensations, it would make sense they would wish to cut it off... to ease the distractions.

additionally, if long hair increases sexual sensation (as the OP proposed), that would be a thing most monks would assuredly wish to eliminate. no sense in teasing the temptations, eh.

my two cents.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Sorry I didn't have time to read the entire thread, but some observant ATSer must have used the Shaolin monks as a glaringly obvious counterclaim to the OP's story. They shave their heads from the time they're knee-high to a Grasshopper, and they're arguably stealthier and more "intuitive" than 99% of us.

OP:

Hair is an extension of the nervous system, it can be correctly seen as exteriorized nerves, a type of highly evolved 'feelers' or 'antennae' that transmit vast amounts of important information to the brainstem, the limbic system, and the neocortex.

As opposed to "incorrectly seen"? "Exteriorized nerves"??? This stuff is priceless! The statement would be far more accurate in describing insects, not humans. The hair fiber (the part we can see) is in fact dead. The follicle (the living tissue) is below the skin. The statement about 'hair transmitting vast amounts of information to the brainstem' is silly. Any physical sensation, be it touch, taste or smell sends 'vast amounts' of information to given receptors within the brain and nervous system.

Not only does hair in people, including facial hair in men, provide an information highway reaching the brain, hair also emits energy, the electromagnetic energy emitted by the brain into the outer environment. This has been seen in Kirlian photography when a person is photographed with long hair and then rephotographed after the hair is cut.

I laugh that statement off as pseudo-scientific nonsense. (And I'm not a science-worshipper by any means)

When hair is cut, receiving and sending transmissions to and from the environment are greatly hampered. This results in numbing-out . Cutting of hair is a contributing factor to unawareness of environmental distress in local ecosystems. It is also a contributing factor to insensitivity in relationships of all kinds. It contributes to sexual frustration.

THAT statement is absolute balderdash. It's just ridiculous. It's worded even goofier than the others. " A contributing factor to unawareness" ....LMAO! Whoever is making these remarks seems to think that human hair functions like an insect's antennae or filiform, processing external stimuli. Whoever writes this stuff seems to get their scientific news from Spiderman comic books. These wannabe scientists really crack me up. It's some of the best comedy out there.

(Please don't take this personally, I noted said you were merely relating the story from an email you received.)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Sounds fishy, but who knows

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think hair has some kinda more spiritual background and meaning, in a weird way.

I mean whenever someone listens to a powerful, meaningful song.

Or a powerful, epic part of a movie wether sad or courageous, who's hairs stick up on their back and neck which for some reasons give you a really weird deep feeling.

It happens to me time to time, and I feel good and all odd.

Just sayin', I think the hairs around our body have a deeper meaning within us all.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm a girl,and i have very long hair,i love my hair.I have intuition that almost scares me,and i can feel even the smallest changes in the environment.Here is a question to anybody with long hair.Do you feel pleasure when somebody touches or fondles your hair.If our hair is dead how come i have this warm felling,like falling asleep whenever somebody fondles,or brushes my hair,it's a beautiful feeling.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
my sister in law was troubled by her ability to sense and see spirit until a year ago when she sought help from a chinese temple and the temple guru ask her to cut her hair short and after that she lost the much troubled ability.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

OMG?! That's exactly what I'm takling about! Holy Rollin' turned into super science fiction!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
If this is true.. I do wonder if there's a connection to all the 'hair cosmetics' (as I'd like to call them) that we see today.. Especially for people with long hair ofcourse. It seems like Schampoo ain't even enough. We have hairspray, gel, balm and all sorts of things filled with 'strange substances'. Don't forget to mention the shaving gel..

If someone is serious in their beliefs in this hair thing they should atleast take these things into consideration..

Also I don't see why our hair wouldn't have these capabilities as I'm sure there must me some 'metals' and fibres which could possibly catch some electricity, remember static electricity?

Wikipedia Static Electricity
edit on 7-12-2010 by Triztheone because: Added Link.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think pubic hair is to send and receive sexual signals. The bigger the bush you have the more women you will get.

Thats my theory anyways lol.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
STAR and FLAG. VERY interesting, even if the emailed story is/was a hoax. Either way, it is indeed worthy of investigation. The thing that would really prove this is to find a tracker and see if the story about keeping hair is true, and/or finding an official regulation that states that trackers must maintain long hair. All of that being said...

If enough men (and some women, I imagine) buy into the "No Shave November," then by the end of November, we should expect test results on college campuses to be effectively higher. I had my hair long, recently (cut now), and did have a spike in creativity (now that I think back about it). I had my hair cut recently, and didn't notice a sharp decline, but then again, I haven't produced as much artwork either (I'm a graphic artist).

Another slant: perhaps BIGFOOT creatures have the right idea: don't get rid of your hair. They are VERY hairy and some legends say they are forest/wilderness spirits, so highly attuned to nature. It's interesting to think about how Sasquatch creatures might be sending and receiving information via their hair, if indeed we look at hair as an extension of the nervous system. Further, is it on a conscious level?

As for monks shaving themselves to be more highly attuned... Perhaps they shave in order to eliminate the distraction and excess information that they would be unconsciously sending and receiving via hair. Monks also meditate and go into trances ---excluding themselves from their surroundings. From what the story/article/email says, having more hair provides information about surroundings (the trackers' instincts). Monks having hair would thus have to work harder to enter their zen states. So, if you intend to meditate and enter a trance, having no hair is a plus. Hmmmm... perhaps this is why stage hypnotists tend to select people with a lot hair, facial and otherwise. And, LOL, this train of thought leads me to another topic ---that I won't venture into on ATS. I will just tease that the entire body is covered with hair, usually, and that how much (and where) might have effects, too.

ADDED COMMENT(S): I just read the comment above mine, by mayabong, and it looks like he beat me to the observation about hair in "certain regions" of the human body.

SINCE I'M HERE, ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS: As people age, especially men, hair tends to leave areas like the head (many men go bald or have increasingly larger foreheads from receding hair). As if to keep this in balance, hair tends to grow elsewhere, places that aren't sexy. Like on their backs, the backs of their arms, from the ear, on the earlobe, and the nose. Nasal hair is a big thing if not kept-up with. Some people wax, some people shave, some people PLUCK nasal and ear hair. Plucking seems painful. What if these additional hairs were helping to increase the "intuition" --or whatever-- abilities might lie dormant until a certain amount of hair has been reached? What if nose hairs help provide information about the environment? What if how much (and what kind of) hair you have interacts with the unsensed pheremones floating through the air?

edit on 7-12-2010 by GhostLancer because: Additional thoughts.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
in response to those who feel that spiritual individuals cutting their hair contradicts the hypothesis in the OP:

If i am to understand the OP correctly, long hair acts as an extension of the nervous system, and therefor connects the individual more vividly to the sensations of the external world.

many monks and spiritual seekers do not wish to be connected more vividly to the external world and instead seek to turn their awareness to the internal world. they cut themselves off from the external world of sensation by fasting, celibacy, meek lifestyles, vows of silence, and other ascetic practices.

if long hair increases ones sensitivities to the external world and its cavalcade of sensations, it would make sense they would wish to cut it off... to ease the distractions.

additionally, if long hair increases sexual sensation (as the OP proposed), that would be a thing most monks would assuredly wish to eliminate. no sense in teasing the temptations, eh.

my two cents.

Very interesting.. That does make alot of sense. Thanks

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I still know a lot of dumb blondes with long hair :\

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

lol maybe that's why they say 'women don't like sex', well people we have the asnwer! most of them are shaved down there so! Hurry up and eliminate all their shaving products immideatly brothers!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaCommando5

My sister is one of them. There goes that theory haha

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by PsychNurse

he didnt say the bible told us so go away u troll

Well, I'm not going to insult by calling names, it's my view. Seriously, Onehuman and Majestic23 made a bible reference. Read...read... stop getting so offended. It's just a conversation. Sometimes I wonder how the non- believers would be treated today if the church still had as much influence in society and politics as it had in the past. we'd be getting burned at the stake for these conversations. Thanks be that we have progressed in society and can have different views and "live and let live."

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Darkseid > Samson

Just kidding.

... Or am I?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaCommando5

LOL... Now, we're entering VERY DANGEROUS terrain... Hahahahahhaha. My take on "dumb blondes" (and yes, there are SMART ONES out there, too): I imagine they might be ditsy, but all that long, thick, luscious blonde hair keeps them attuned to their surroundings and other people. Attractive blonde women with large eyes of any color other than brown tend to CAPTIVATE men (and many women). Therefore, these pretty blondes go through life not having to work so much for the attention that most people crave and rarely get (at least on the level that these blondes get). The reason they're ditsy is because they are rarely ever truly *challenged* in life. Men seeking their favors bring them things, do things for them. These blondes possess a different kind of power. Even women, the ones who aren't jealous, help them out through life. Further, their "dumb ditsy blonde" persona is an act they fall into and then it really becomes them over time. It's also very, very cute. Heck, who are we kidding, unless you flat out don't like blondes, it's pretty adorable.

So, the end result is: why cultivate your senses, your unconscious interaction with the world via hair, when you don't have to? But, these "ditsy" blondes still have their thick, long hair, and are usually in tune with the emotions of the people around them ---er, I should say, the people around them that they care about or need something from. However, their inherent abilitiy to make men instantly stupid and thus easily manipulated, many times blinds them to their own intuition --unless it serves them in some way during the act of manipulation. Power tends to corrupt, and I'm sure that there are many attractive blondes out there who see themselves as if on a pedastal. Of course, there are probably just as many kind-hearted and good-natured ones, too, who have resisted the temptation of the Dark Side.

In the end, the world is a better place because of hair, blondes and properly manicured "hairy" blonde women. Wow... I never thought I'd actually be going through a thought-stream-of-consciousness process about attractive blone women. I love ATS and you guys/gals who post interesting thoughts. Hat's off. Now, back to splitting hairs.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychNurse

Originally posted by Majestic23

Originally posted by PsychNurse

Originally posted by onehuman
The story of Sampson and Delilah from the Bible has a lot of encoded truth to tell us. When Delilah cut Sampson's hair, the once undefeatable Sampson was defeated."

You had my interest until the Holy Roller reference at the end. How is it some people always seem to find a way to say "See... the bible tells us so." I'm not trying to judge you, I respect your beliefs. But seriously... what credible evidence is there to any of it? Faith, eh!?

Uhhhhhh.......you dont consider the bible to have encoded information?

The evidence is that ancient cultures used to consider hair to have some higher significance then we presume. Their evidence was presumably based on observable occourances.

Uhhhh. No I don't. The bible is encoded now!? What? A release of information from the vatican , selected by men of the cloth out of thousands of unreleased books. No I don't buy into it. The bible is more of a historical Wikileaks that never released all of the files. History is written by the winners. The church hasn't lost many wars in history that I know of. I'm not saying I didn't find the OP interesting but, evidense. No not likely. I did give a star for the OP though.

You called the OP a holy roller and suggested that it makes the other point (which is no more or less valid than the biblical one you might notice) moot.

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water. The Samson story is much more ancient than Catholocism and it is clearly entwined with other religions. Yes the Bible has encoded truth. You think its just a long standing story book?

All the spiritual info comes from one source in the end.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I read years ago that the ancient ones kept their long hair because it enhanced psychic abilities. If I didn't look so bad in long hair today I'd have a foot long beard...lol I think there's alot of truth in this.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join