It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
You hit the nail on the head.... these guys 'Buddhists' are the most Spiritual when it comes to being in touch with Spirituality.... they have practised many years and all have their heads shaved....

It has already been pointed out that they are still conformist and indoctrinated. Buddhism has been hijacked or set up by the same people who created the other religions.

If we think about it Bodidharma was said to have very long hair and beard.........then the monks learned off him.........and then the Taoists learned off the Buddhists.

So the originator had hair and those that tweaked it had hair but the monks in the middle do not have hair.

Whats to say an older abbot found out something or used his own beliefs and enforced this the shaving of head?

Anyway, what the pubic area? Do women lose their sense of sense down there? No, i don't think so
In fact most say that feel more sensual and clean... but having said this i do prefer the woman to have some pubes.... natural you know...

The sexual organs are pretty powerful in terms of spiritual energy so it would be harder to tell if there was a change, but then some would suggest the Brazilian is not something a spiritually aware person would care much about anyway.

On that tip, what do you think the intrinsic appeal of being "natural" actually is?

What about Aliens? Aren't they always percieved as having no hair at all? Yet, they are travelling around in these crafts and are way ahead of us when it comes to Technology!!

Technological advancement is to replace spiritual power if you ask me. For example it is concensus that we are less interested in the spiritual world yet of course our technology is more advanced. It is also suggested aliens progress spiritually as a hive mind, and thus are more static than humans who slide up and down the scale.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
So perhaps then having short hair connects you spiritually and having long hair gives you the nature connection. Perhaps the mullet gives you both! I have solved the secret of the power of hair!

I love this entertainment stuff. I am so growing a mullet

I actually read this outloud to my girlfriend and she agrees. We're all getting mullets. Thanks for giving my life a purpose!
edit on 7-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by solids0be
reply to post by Majestic23

If by verbally raped (classy) you mean the thread got bogged down by people who worship science getting involved in subjects they cant even begin to comprehend.

Im pretty sure science has proven itself pretty reliable since..well forever

Yeah, lol. Why base your ideas and beliefs on your own life experiences you know to be true to yourself?

Why base your ideas on spirituality on the teachings of masters of insight that come to the same conclusions despite space, time and society being totally differant in their experience when you can trust your own perception of reality to a group of socially awkward lab hermits conducting one or two contrived experiments with vested interests? lol.

If it wasn't for those "Social hermits" we wouldn't have Penecillin and a long list of other breakthrough to mankind. Im sure 100 circles of hippies with long hair snapping fingers trying to get to their higher conciousness coulden't claim as many breakthroughs

Try and answer with something that does not end with ".....because scientists said so".

Yeah because some long haired dude claiming his hair had magical powers said so is much more believeable

Was it a natural belly laugh or was it a kind of nervous, kind of programmed from the chest laugh? Answer honestly.

It was honest to goodness these people are really unbelieveable laugh

It may be "more psychological" but psychology does not explain it all. Perhaps you can get away with calling such ideas pseudoscience, but your thought process represents pseudologic.

Give me the logical reason then, why you THINK the hair-spirituality connection makes no sense.

Because the whole basis of this theroy is based on Fiction and the has no documented Tangeble proof to back it.

edit on 7-12-2010 by solids0be because: (no reason given)

So basically ......"a scientists said so".

Also may I ask why you capitalise random words?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I am starting the growth of a mullet effective immediately. I am as interested in how I would look in a mullet as I am gaining the strength of Samson!

Mullet brothers unite!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
People are actually responding to this with serious replies? even some questioning why our hairs stand on end?...I guess you want to question why you get goosebumps right? hair growth is prevalent throughout the animal kingdom and the only effect cutting it has on humans is psychological, and this is self inflicted.

I'm troubled that so many people don't even question the Ops post, people i thought were logical thinkers.

But is it not interesting that animals like chimps and even the (possible big foot) don't have long long hair grow from their head I think humans are the only ones who do?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

So scientists are no longer a reputable source?? Really?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
As a long time tracker I can assure you there is no validity to these claims that hair or lack of it affects human ability.
One of the best trackers I know is bald.
Perhaps he has extra long pubic hair.

Lay this Samson story to rest.
The nerve cells at the base of our hairs do play an important role in sensing our immediate surroundings.
If native Americans couldn;t track after getting a haircut they were never trackers to begin with.
Tracking relies heavily on visual and tactile cues which are not affected by which way the wind blows your hair.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Adnachiel
I'm a girl,and i have very long hair,i love my hair.I have intuition that almost scares me,and i can feel even the smallest changes in the environment.Here is a question to anybody with long hair.Do you feel pleasure when somebody touches or fondles your hair.If our hair is dead how come i have this warm felling,like falling asleep whenever somebody fondles,or brushes my hair,it's a beautiful feeling.

My hair is ankle length and I also have noticed how sensitive it is. I can feel if a bug lands anywhere on my hair and yet when a kid likes to tug on it it doesn't hurt me even though the scalp is so sensitive to every hair. Like you I am very intuitive, my family long agao started saying "sh's always right" if i feel strongly about something everyone listens.
Unfortunatley you can't peacfuly live the lie that so many do you see there are all these deep secrets and lies going on.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Interestingly enough, I'd have to agree with this one. My hair grows long when I spend months up in the mountains each year rock climbing; then when I return home, for professional reasons, I cut my hair short. Each time I feel lost afterwards; not just because it's my hair being different as I am used to both equally. Even when I try and remember the details of things from back then, the memories are much more vivid (as if they are encoded with a higher depth of information and observations my brain made while my hair was long due to the extra reception of my environment) as opposed to my short haired memories.

This makes sense, but why is there not a source for this? Can anyone track down more information? I do believe it though, simply because of all the oldest cultures on the planet grew their hair long...yet nearly our entire planet in this day and age grow their hair short....I've been around the world twice and it's true.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
While the email story has all the hallmarks of a science fiction/urban legend story and I highly doubt theres really any truth to it since theres no evidence which means I'll never believe it, I just wanted to come here and thank you. Why? Because you did what many others here don't have the sense or balls to do. You knew you were presenting a far out there thing so you put a question mark in your title and your very first sentence was a disclaimer saying it was an email etc. So, thank you.

I understand this board has its place for far-out-there discussions, even though I'm personally very skeptical by nature and dont "believe" in anything without proof, but my problem with the forums lately is how people typically present their out-there beliefs with eye catching titles (like "THE TRUTH THE GOVT IS HIDING" all caps or "100% proof of ETs" then its just a #ty youtube video etc) and preaching their beliefs as truths even when they have no evidence. If more people followed your example surely this would be a better place.
edit on 7-12-2010 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

link   
Hi there. Dont know if this has been mention'd (11 pages on hair is too much for me) or if anyone else had heard this 'tale' plus, its a bit off topic, but still... Kinda relevant.

Anyway, I remmember an old friend of mine used to say that if you Trimmed (cut) off a Cats whiskers, it would lose its confidence/pride.

Just thought id throw that in the mix and see if anyone's heard something similar..?

eee.

link   
Another fun fact is that the hair is isolating thehead where over 70% of our heat dissapears at all time. Same goes for the body hair wich is to protect lymph glands and other hormon producing glands.

If what you say is true, then what the hell is up with skinheads? Maybe the effect is opposite. The more you have the more "clear" evyrhing gets. Just think of cows and horses, not to mention cats.

COME ON::

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23

You called the OP a holy roller and suggested that it makes the other point (which is no more or less valid than the biblical one you might notice) moot.

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water. The Samson story is much more ancient than Catholocism and it is clearly entwined with other religions. Yes the Bible has encoded truth. You think its just a long standing story book?

All the spiritual info comes from one source in the end.

I find you amusing at best. Like I said I was interested until the biblical reference. I laugh at the "encoded truth" bit because yes, the bible has been a tool to support people in time of need and helps develop group companionship. Morals and social mores in todays society have been directly taken from ther scriptures. But out of all the scriptures ever written, we were given a select few to view, to control our society. Yes, I compare it to a long standing story book, used to control you. And it worked.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

My problem with this is, you say that the goverment was looking for native americans with exceptional wilderness tracking abilities... around the late '60s. I'm only about 30 myself, so I could be wrong, but I would think that by that time period a lot of the wilderness would have been gone already.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

I think he just threw that one in because some (not very bright) people won't believe anything unless there is some sort of biblical precedent for it. Sort of like throwing a slow pitch to a 4-year-old.

link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Sorry I didn't have time to read the entire thread, but some observant ATSer must have used the Shaolin monks as a glaringly obvious counterclaim to the OP's story. They shave their heads from the time they're knee-high to a Grasshopper, and they're arguably stealthier and more "intuitive" than 99% of us.

Well Thats Why Mohawks Cut their Hair For Battle ! if you haven't check out my previous Post!

And Maybe Mahatma Gandhi Cut his Hair for the Same Reason (resistance or to Cut him Self Off from his Surroundings) You Know Traditional Indians (INDIA)(SIKHS) Have Their Long Tucked Under the Turban Right
and in Their Religion Forbids Cutting any Head & Body Hair .. but then Again The Vikings Traditionally had their Hair Long and were Considered Feared Warriors .. I Guessing it Depends on what Origin of Race you Are?

Well Speaking of Long Hair Sexual attraction a Sick psychopath Ted Bundy...

For Woman I guess The Long Hair Reacts the Same way Attacking Men in a Sexual frenzies
Anyone Remember the 80s Heavy Metal Hair Bands! LOL Just less Violence! and more Rape!

Seriously this Post is about Tracking & Sense of Direction Could the Hair! Seeing it can be Electric Charge Static Electricity ! I wonder if this has to do with it ! ? more like the Blood Hound sense of Smell ?
Are Humans the Only Species on the planet that has NON Stop Continuing Hair Growth on their Head ?
and for what Reason ? Anyone Know ?? I would like to Know ..

One Thing I do Know is a lot of People in the 60s ! Were More Spiritual & Open Minded With Long Hair ..
The Very Hip People ! You Know Peace Love and Using Natural Herbs that Make you feel Good! and Lively !

!
edit on 7-12-2010 by Wolfenz because: Remembering the 60s of Hippies era

link   
Soldiers are required to have short hair and no beard as these things can be used against them in combat.

Sigh.

They can be grabbed on to. Get it?

This is a known fact.

And even if you hadn't stumbled upon this factoid somewhere - um, shouldn't your Long Psychic Hair have told you so?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have short hair, maybe that's why I'm so dumb?

But, I like this post, it makes me wonder about the possibilities. There is still much to learn, some we have forgotten over time, and some new things yet to discover. And while I was reading the OP, I immediately thought about Samson, way before the end of the text.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Such a strange theory, but it would almost seem to make sense somehow.

Hair is made of protein: the building blocks of life.
Also note how hair follicles respond to emotional stimulus (eg, hair standing on end).

Could it be that hair is actually a sensory input for the brain?
Sort of like a cat's whiskers.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Very interesting story.

I'm intrigued by it and I will do more research on this topic when I have time.

I am especially reminded about Sampson in the bible when God tells him not to cut his hair as it is a sign of a covenant between him and God.

Also I am reminded of how Hasidic Jews don't cut their side burns.. Maybe there is more to it then I previously thought.
edit on 7-12-2010 by freedish because: spelt intrigued wrong

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join