It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Insert here one of 100 responses from people with long hair stating the following, "I have long hair and I have always felt that I was more perceptive and intuitive then most. Now I know why." This must be a spin-off of the old "You might be half alien if you feel like you've always been a highly-intelligent outsider who never felt like he truly belonged to this world."

People keep coming up with these ego-padding threads for outcasts. We must be especially easy targets for scams.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Insert here one of 100 responses from people with long hair stating the following, "I have long hair and I have always felt that I was more perceptive and intuitive then most. Now I know why." This must be a spin-off of the old "You might be half alien if you feel like you've always been a highly-intelligent outsider who never felt like he truly belonged to this world."

People keep coming up with these ego-padding threads for outcasts. We must be especially easy targets for scams.

I agree 100% You and me must be on the same Spirtual Wavelength,our minds are as one. is your spirit animal the Velociraptor as well? lol

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I just had to add that I HATE hair. I believe it to be leftover from our evolutionary process. It bothers me and whenever I get hair on my head it confuses and bothers me. I shave my face and head on a regular basis, never having more than a #4 guard length on my head. I'm growing my facial hair now to survive the winter but have to keep it trimmed. Can't wait till summer so I can shave it all off again.
If there is anyway to trade genetics with someone bald who wants hair then I'm down.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Is it me or do most all institutions require males cut their hair?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

I honestly thought the exact same thing reading these comments. If anything it was psycological that the indians couldn't perform as well with short hair. If they all believed hair gave them super powers and then had it cut off then mentally they would already expect to be less powerful and fail. The whole hair giving you powers is just as bad as saying you get bad luck for wallking under a latter. I remember hearing hair on your head is for protecting you from the sun...but it's most likely for increasing my spider sense.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23

Most times Hair is cut to ensure comformity when it comes to the military and such because its not about the individual its about being a part of a team and breaking everyone down to the same level to build up together. In mental instatutions its prolly done to prevent people from hanging themselfs or using it to hide weapons or drugs and what not.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by solids0be

Originally posted by andrewh7

I agree 100% You and me must be on the same Spirtual Wavelength,our minds are as one. is your spirit animal the Velociraptor as well? lol

I don't have access to sufficient peyote to see my spirit animal. I got pretty close with some pot brownies once though.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Well looking at that link, ALLis0NE got verbal R@ped by the other posters

If by verbally raped (classy) you mean the thread got bogged down by people who worship science getting involved in subjects they cant even begin to comprehend.

because he was basing his views on anecdotal evidence lol.

Yeah, lol. Why base your ideas and beliefs on your own life experiences you know to be true to yourself?

Why base your ideas on spirituality on the teachings of masters of insight that come to the same conclusions despite space, time and society being totally differant in their experience when you can trust your own perception of reality to a group of socially awkward lab hermits conducting one or two contrived experiments with vested interests? lol.

But really people the idea that having hair makes you have super powers is pretty redonkulous.

Why?

Try and answer with something that does not end with ".....because scientists said so".

I Laughed when everyone chimed in saying "OH Yeah I’m clairvoyant and my powers disappeared when i cut my hair!" or that their mental powers decreased.

Was it a natural belly laugh or was it a kind of nervous, kind of programmed from the chest laugh? Answer honestly.

There is no scientific Basis for hair affecting someone in that manner.

Science (mainstream science that is, not all scientists, I cant point out many medical doctors that believe there is a scientific basis) does not believe in the subtle energy force that is integral to our reality. How would there be any evidence? So what you are saying there is pointless.

If anything its more Psychological effects related to self image not actually the hair itself having direct correlation to spiritual energy or elemental powers or any kind of pseudoscience of that manner.

It may be "more psychological" but psychology does not explain it all. Perhaps you can get away with calling such ideas pseudoscience, but your thought process represents pseudologic.

Give me the logical reason then, why you THINK the hair-spirituality connection makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Interesting how my spiritual path unfolded when I couldnt afford a haircut.

My hair is now past my shoulders and my connection to the spirit world grows stronger by the year.

Could just be coincidence though.

Or is it the act of surrender,expectation and a love of natural self that fosters spiritual growth and the hair is just a byproduct of it all?

Not to mention I dont mind saving the 20 bucks a month for a haircut, the stuff grows fast.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Why wasn't this thread here before I decided to cut my hair?
Good thing that I don't like very short hair and i didn't get a shave.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by solids0be

Well, in the military, especially with regards to personnel who may be involved in combat operations, short hair is an absolute must.

Think about it. If you are going to be engaging in hand-to-hand combat potentially to the death, do you really want something flying around out there that could be grabbed by the enemy? You can snap somebody's neck pretty easily if you can get ahold of a handful of their hair.

Combat operatives using machinery and weapons of war (i.e., light machine guns, crew served weapons) don't want a pony tail or dreds potentially getting caught in blazing hot, rapidly cycling equipment. You could get your scalp pulled off. Ouch!!!

Combat swimmers need short hair to effectively get seals between their skin and neoprene equipment. Same with pilots, flight crews, etc.

The decontamination gear would be a MAJOR hassle with long hair...getting NBC masks on would hurt, and it would make any potential decontamination process extremely difficult and painful. Hygiene in general would be significantly more problematic for folks in a combat area.

I couldn't imagine wearing a kevlar helmet, with NVGs and a chin strap with long hair. It would be very uncomfortable and hurt like hell.

Give me short hair anyday.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23

Most times Hair is cut to ensure comformity when it comes to the military and such because its not about the individual its about being a part of a team and breaking everyone down to the same level to build up together. In mental instatutions its prolly done to prevent people from hanging themselfs or using it to hide weapons or drugs and what not.

The conformity idea only goes so far. Do you have trouble recognising your friends for more than a minute when they have cut their hair? No. Is it going to stop you trying to escape from prison? No. Does it stop you getting singled out or made popular? No. Does it dehumanise you in the eyes of others? No, not if they got compassion in the first place.

The problem for people like you is you will go through the same process of calling people crazy and invoking the science gods for every time something like this comes up.

Mirrors are portals - Crazy.

Water is superconductor of consciousness - Crazy

Extra-terrestrails - Crazy.

You compartmentalise knowledge, rely on science for your realisations, call people crazy, invoke academic science, feel smug and laugh at people with a differant belief system (that is what you have by the way, a belief system).

Its a miracle you even make it to a conspiracy site to be honest,

Either way, you are holding back a tide.

Now science is starting to seriously back qi and life force energy you will soon change your tune. But you will still fail to make connections with information that will free your perspective.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Perhaps a relationship with wisdom and long hair. The wise are generally depicted with the long hair and beards. The conformists and obedient or indoctrinated (monks or soldiers) could be seen as wearing short hair.

Hopi Prophecy – The Great Purification
-Many youth, who wear their hair long like our people, come to the tribal nations to learn our ways and wisdom

Rock on

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Beauty is beauty and it doesn't matter what color one's hair is. I've seen some butt a** ugly blonde women, so you can't make the generalization that blondes with lots of hair have developed such attributes that you've described. You say that men and women all go gaga over blondes with any eye color other than brown. Uh that's a real excessively generalized view if you ask me. I've been told many times that I am beautiful (and no not by men trying to get into my pants) and stunning and that I have a special something about me that makes me stand out. I have dark brown hair, blue eyes and ruddy fair skin with freckles. So since I know I'm not totally unique that means that your generalizations about blondes hold little logic. Just sayin'. And no I'm not jealous of blondes, three of my four best friends throughout my life have been blonde, and I always held my own. Also, they are very smart and so am I.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I used to have long hair. After getting it cut I was unable to sense it blowing into my eyes every several minutes.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by letmeDANz
I understand where the poster is coming from, but i'd like to point out the 'spiritually ascended' have their hair cut real short even bald.

Ever seen a Buddhist with hair?
Ever seen an Indian Brahmin priest with hair?
In eastern culture these are the spiritually endowed people with direct access to the cosmos.
I must also observe they may not be very efficient in combat or tracking or the sort

Very interesting when you think of it, there seems to be something amiss.

Great post

You hit the nail on the head.... these guys 'Buddhists' are the most Spiritual when it comes to being in touch with Spirituality.... they have practised many years and all have their heads shaved....

Anyway, what the pubic area? Do women lose their sense of sense down there? No, i don't think so
In fact most say that feel more sensual and clean... but having said this i do prefer the woman to have some pubes.... natural you know...

What about Aliens? Aren't they always percieved as having no hair at all? Yet, they are travelling around in these crafts and are way ahead of us when it comes to Technology!!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

So we just need to remove all military on a global scale and we can be free to grow our hair long right?

If only we are all good to eachother...Imagine a world of growth funded by the endless streams of money poured into the military. Imagine the schools that could be built from the cost of the missles that blow other schools up into dust. Imagine the cost of the bullets that are projected into the bodies of uneducated masses used to feed and educate the rest of the world into a state of balance.

Ahh fantasy.

Continue about your business Soldier, Those animals in the east need to know whos boss.

Maybe next decade we'll put down our toys and hold hands as brothers in a global scale.

Then! THEN!! We can have long beautiful hair.

-G
edit on 7-12-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

If by verbally raped (classy) you mean the thread got bogged down by people who worship science getting involved in subjects they cant even begin to comprehend.

Im pretty sure science has proven itself pretty reliable since..well forever

Yeah, lol. Why base your ideas and beliefs on your own life experiences you know to be true to yourself?

Why base your ideas on spirituality on the teachings of masters of insight that come to the same conclusions despite space, time and society being totally differant in their experience when you can trust your own perception of reality to a group of socially awkward lab hermits conducting one or two contrived experiments with vested interests? lol.

If it wasn't for those "Social hermits" we wouldn't have Penecillin and a long list of other breakthrough to mankind. Im sure 100 circles of hippies with long hair snapping fingers trying to get to their higher conciousness coulden't claim as many breakthroughs

Try and answer with something that does not end with ".....because scientists said so".

Yeah because some long haired dude claiming his hair had magical powers said so is much more believeable

Was it a natural belly laugh or was it a kind of nervous, kind of programmed from the chest laugh? Answer honestly.

It was honest to goodness these people are really unbelieveable laugh

It may be "more psychological" but psychology does not explain it all. Perhaps you can get away with calling such ideas pseudoscience, but your thought process represents pseudologic.

Give me the logical reason then, why you THINK the hair-spirituality connection makes no sense.

Because the whole basis of this theroy is based on Fiction and the has no documented Tangeble proof to back it.

edit on 7-12-2010 by solids0be because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So perhaps then having short hair connects you spiritually and having long hair gives you the nature connection. Perhaps the mullet gives you both! I have solved the secret of the power of hair!

I love this entertainment stuff. I am so growing a mullet

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

In response to Caitlinfaie I feel that you are right. I just like everything you said. I have been told by a couple hairdressers that I should cut it shorter, because of my age or that I should cover my grey hair with haircolor. I don't want to, I actually wonder if you are right about the reason older women are told to cut it. In response to MMPI2 older women don't necessarily look bad with long hair if they take care of it. I've seen some young girls and teens and younger adults with nasty looking hair... I don't attribute it to their age, why would you attribute bad looking hair to age?

www.google.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join