It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Interesting read! I'm a female, always worn my hair real long. One day a guy friend said I should cut it, and I told him no, "there my antennas and that's why I'm smarter then you" I was joking at the time, but I suppose it does have backing behind it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Awe, c'mon. We're on page 13 of a thread about hair and the vibes one might receive if adorned with flowing locks, yet no one has posted "Hair" by the Cowsills?

For a bit of fun.

"Oh say, can you see my eyes? If you can, then my hair's too short."

Maybe the whole 60's/70's counter-culture was on to something, eh? Long hair and Psychedelics.
IMO, the music created during these two decades is the most creative, positive, and enduring. It actually required talent, creativity, and effort to produce quality music. There were no digital multitracks, effects, or sequencers, 'copy & paste' or Auto tune back then. It was an analog world.

What if (I know this sounds silly) magnetic tape did not just capture the music...but also absorbed the electrical processes of the performers' brain waves as well? Could longer hair have enhanced this? Hmmm... Does this help explain why older recordings are 'warmer' and why digital is 'cold'? Or maybe it is just the fact tape and vinyl are linear and digital is chunks of data. Some bits of information are lost in digital and the ear fills in the gaps, but with analog all the 'vibes' are captured and reproduced. Anyway....just a thought.

Another thing; we've all experienced hearing a song that makes our hair stand up on end, or gives us chills. It used to happen to me a lot, but in the last couple of decades I can only think of one occasion when I experienced it, and that was hearing "Drops of Jupiter" by Train for the first time.

"Now that she's back in the atmosphere with drops of Jupiter in her hair..."

Interesting thread.

- Audiopackrat
edit on 7-12-2010 by audiopackrat because: wrong page number. I said "We're on page 12"...because it was on page 12 when I went to post. Oh well.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't buy the woo-woo.

But I will suggest that it doesn't make sense to me why our fur is different than the fur of other mammals. Clearly other mammals do use their fur for sensory input. Why should we be different?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Cats and dogs have whiskas for a reason.
Hound dogs collect the scent of an animal with the aid of it's floppy face flopping around in the wind.
Interesting topic for one to explore.

My wife likes a clean face when we get 'personal'.
A smoothe face has it's merits.

On the other hand, I look very young when I am clean shaven and at times that can be a disadvantage as often one does not believe my age. For this reason, I prefer to have some fuzz on the face. Hair acts as cilia, traps scent particles, filters the air, warms the body and yes, acts as an extension of one's nervous system.
For this reason, I usually wear hair on my face while hunting, fishing or anything involving the outdoors.

The military should encourage men to grow hair on their face for the reasons listed above.
From what I understand only Delta Force are permitted to have hair on the face though this is primarily for means of concealing one's identity. I understand that one of the main reasons those in the military are encouraged to keep a shaven face is so that they could get a good seal on their face for their gas mask. If there are biological or chemical weapons in your space, you won't have time to shave for that occasion. This makes sense though when gas masks are not an issue and when troops are training or in combat, they 'should' be encouraged to let their beards grow at least an inch or so as an extension of the autonomic nervous system.

Most are unaware that hair is often collected for dna analysis as it could take thousands of years for hair to decompose. Hair is often used to determine the DNA haplotype signature of the ancients.....and for 'other' purposes.

Samson, the Big Dog.

Just because.

He was drafted by the Green Bay Packers the same year but turned it down to stay in the Army.

Meet Col. Beckwith aka Chargin Charlie.....
edit on 49pm06074712731201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ok, I just have to comment. I love this thread.

It's all just heresy and "he said she said", but the subject matter is just too darn enticing.

So, first off, S+F for the OP, cuz I've loved reading this thread as well as all the replies.

Now, a true story:

I've always had short hair, for as long as I can remember. I grew it a *little* bit longer in junior high, but not really. When I was 16 I joined the Canadian Forces, and shaved my head. I went this way - with no or very little hair - for the next four years.

When I got out of the army, I decided to grow my hair out - cuz why not? I've cut it only three times since then, and only ever just little trims. I have dreadlocks, and they reach down to the middle of my back. I love my long hair.

I've thought about cutting it all off a few times (for professional reasons) but haven't ever been able to bring myself to do it. Every time I grab the trimmer, I just get this sad sinking feeling like, "awwww, really? do i have to?" And so I don't.

After reading this thread, It's going to be that much harder!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Interesting. Never heard about the military study but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. There is quite likely credence to the Sampson assertion as well. Yes, the bible (and most other sacred religious texts) are coded like crazy. I do know that one of my spiritual teachers kept his face clean but let his hair grow long for the same reason and said so. He is a very gifted intuitive that has proven himself correct time and again, cut his hair and was still gifted. But hey, if that's why he said he kept his hair long I believe him. I will have to explore this for myself (drat! and I just got a haircut too.)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

thank you blupblup.
(good manners cost nothing ) 2nd line

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
My opinion, inasmuch as I have one, is that hair is accumulation of dead cells for purposes of warmth and protection. I do not believe there are any structures or abilities within hair to carry out any paranormal function. One can peer "into" hair through a microscope and see this to be the case. There is no living material within hair that could organize itself and/or communicate with the rest of the body via nerves or any other mechanism.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JenRecluse
Aside from there not being proof of the OP's story, I'm wondering why, if the military knows this about hair, do they continue to require short hair? It makes sense for boot camp, where they break you down. So they shave the guys' heads, and cut the girls' hair shorter, first thing in boot camp. But then, even after that, there are still strict standards for hair. So, why? If more hair makes a better military, why does our military keep their hair short? Interesting stuff, but why wouldn't we take advantage of it?

Interesting questions. Is it remotely possible that the goal in cutting their hair is to squelch their intuition, so that they will blindly follow orders, and be unable to perceive any potential deception regarding their mission and the true reasons for the war itself?

Also a question: Aren't the 'higher ups' in the military permitted to let their hair grow longer than, say, a 'newbe' ? Hmmm...

Also this... my son's hair grows INCREDIBLY fast! He's always worn it longer than any of his friends (It's my 'fault' really... it's just pretty hair and I never wanted to cut it short!) He is 18 now and one of the smartest, most intuitive human beings I know. He made a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT. (Don't mean to brag, just making a point!) His teachers through the years have told me that they haven't taught him math, he just seems to already know it. Science and math teachers in high school actually let him teach a concept they were having trouble getting across to others, because the other kids asked for him. (I know I just sound like a conceited parent and my kids perfect. Not my point at all. He has his faults. But you people are making me want to demand he grow his hair down to his feet!)

Also, (I swear I'm not gonna pull out the home movies-- LOL) he has always been able to 'read' people and situations, and is remarkably sensitive to the feelings and needs of others. I clearly remember an incident when he was 4... bouncing into the den, stopping on a dime and saying, "Mama, you had a hard day" and started massaging my head with his lil' chubby fingers, and stroking my... what... HAIR!!!
edit on 12/7/2010 by new_here because: forgot to brag more LOL

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What about Charles Manson and The Hells Angels and a myriad of other heathens that sport long hair. They don't seem to be getting ANY information to the brain. If they are receiving signals from the cosmos, they are not receiving the right ones.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This sounds like a form of hypochondriac- Read a story about the powers of hair and hey `I think I have powers toooo.`

I had long hair for awhile and when I did I also did a lot of drugs and was in and out of trouble with the cops all the time, Later in life I now shave my head `Not bick it` But shave. I have a good job, no more drugs and no problems with cops. So really I see now truth to this.. And what about bald people that can't grow hair? Are they SOL on looks AND animalistic super hair powers?

And just one more point. What about all the navy seals and green berets that are bad to the bone that have no hair? I believe there is more of them that are or have been enlisted and has done a fine outstanding job than just a few so called `enlisted Indian trackers` And if this was 100% true the military wouldn't still be shaving heads.
But hey..... That's just my opinion

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

...yeah...some huge biker on his motorcycle and his flapping hair receiving signals from the cosmos to beat up the next gasstation attendant...." Wait Chuck!...my hair is tingeling...must break gasstation attendant's knees. "...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
What about Charles Manson and The Hells Angels and a myriad of other heathens that sport long hair. They don't seem to be getting ANY information to the brain. If they are receiving signals from the cosmos, they are not receiving the right ones.

Hmmm... tapping into evil signals from the cosmos?
Dunno. Something to chew on though, for sure.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

You really are serious about this aren't you?...jesus...we're not far from a thread that sais: Dogtails and their magic power to sense other dog's doodoo...cause they seem to always have an unexplainable urge to smell them...same goes for crotches btw. Darn cosmos.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghrwilson
This sounds like a form of hypochondriac- Read a story about the powers of hair and hey `I think I have powers toooo.`

I had long hair for awhile and when I did I also did a lot of drugs and was in and out of trouble with the cops all the time, Later in life I now shave my head `Not bick it` But shave. I have a good job, no more drugs and no problems with cops. So really I see now truth to this.. And what about bald people that can't grow hair? Are they SOL on looks AND animalistic super hair powers?

And just one more point. What about all the navy seals and green berets that are bad to the bone that have no hair? I believe there is more of them that are or have been enlisted and has done a fine outstanding job than just a few so called `enlisted Indian trackers` And if this was 100% true the military wouldn't still be shaving heads.
But hey..... That's just my opinion

Hypochondriacs believe they are sick. You believe we are sick. Don't know the name for that disorder...

Just throwing this out there, but how much of your 'long hair experience' could be attributed to your being stereotyped by cops and other folks? I guess it would be difficult to distinguish between any enhanced perception via drug use vs. long hair!

This is all theoretical, so if you're happy, I'm truly happy for you. I mean that!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

edit on 12/7/2010 by new_here because: I am not worthy

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

I agree with you, but one should knowledge that some things in the bible are good for you health, for example : one to fast is good to eliminate the toxins of the body, nothing holly though.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
edit on 12/7/2010 by new_here because: Real life is hard enough as it is

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychNurse

Originally posted by Majestic23

You called the OP a holy roller and suggested that it makes the other point (which is no more or less valid than the biblical one you might notice) moot.

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water. The Samson story is much more ancient than Catholocism and it is clearly entwined with other religions. Yes the Bible has encoded truth. You think its just a long standing story book?

All the spiritual info comes from one source in the end.

I find you amusing at best. Like I said I was interested until the biblical reference. I laugh at the "encoded truth" bit because yes, the bible has been a tool to support people in time of need and helps develop group companionship. Morals and social mores in todays society have been directly taken from ther scriptures. But out of all the scriptures ever written, we were given a select few to view, to control our society. Yes, I compare it to a long standing story book, used to control you. And it worked.

Quit being so defensive and give your ego a rest. You will notice other people have denoted you are being "sensitive".

I dont know why you have such a problem with Christians and I dont care. I am not a Christian I am just one of many who has been able to see that the Bible has a lot of highly esoteric material. If you cant see past your own bias then what can I do.

If you dont want people to ask you about your opinions, then think before you go calling someone a "holy roller" for linking in a highly relevant (probably) part of the Bible.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join