It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks gone to far!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
WikiLeaks has put out information that can only be to damaged america.
this is espionage. and not whistle blowing.

List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked
The list includes pipelines, communication and transport hubs.
Several UK sites are listed, including cable locations, satellite sites and BAE Systems plants.
www.bbc.co.uk...

this is a direct attack on america.
I can not believe this of Wikileaks?
this is .... I best stop now....
edit on 6-12-2010 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
If the US wants to remove its compromised military installations from UK soil then that's fine by me. I'm sure we can live without all our civilian communication going through the satellite dishes at Menwith Hill for a start.

I like wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I don't know what to think of wikileaks....

It's good to expose the corruption out there, and show all the political leaders for what they really are. But at the same time....

At what cost?

Wikileaks could be the starting point of world war 3. If they keep releasing information that damages ties with other countries, sooner or later, they'll piss them off enough to fight back.

As sad as it is to say, the world is submissive to america. The usa, goes into any country they please, and lay down the law. We all live under america thumb, and it's been like this for decades. Wikileaks is starting to expose all these things. But when you piss off one bee in a nest, they all get mad. Wikileaks is playing with fire. And it's not just them that will get burned, we all will. So do we let the corruption continue and our freedom of rights continue to be stripped away? Or do we start fighting it now, and possibly leading us all to our deaths? That is the choice.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

So which is better: The world being submissive to america, or global independence war?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Thats the real question isn't it?

If one of them means the end of the world, then perhaps we'd just better stick with what we have, and stop trying chase things we can't have.

Wikileaks could very well be the start of the end of the world. If they release dirty enough secrets..... For example.

What if they come out with the truth about 9/11? Could you imagine the damage that would cause on a global scale? Not only civil war in america, but the wars in iraq and afghanistan would be proven unjustified.

Wikileaks, has to be very careful what information they release, because they may very well cause more damage than good.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Wikileaks is probably just another trick to bring about the NWO. Remember the general law of conspiracy called 'Problem, Reaction, Solution'??

Problem: A guy (Assange, a puppet) starts posting leaked files that contain information that is 'vital to national security' and 'may make the U.S. and its troops vulnerable to attack.' It will probably eventually lead up to an actual attack on U.S. soil (possibly by Iran, Russia, or China) once those 'insurance' files come out. It won't surprise me at all.

Reaction: The people will be outraged that the government allowed this to happen, and they will be outraged at Assange for causing this terrible attack (They will likely label it 'web terrorism' or some nonsense along those lines). Even if there is no attack, the ploy will still work if the insurance files contain info that is damaging enough - we are already seeing people react to this whole situation quite harshly. Eventually, the masses will demand a solution.

Solution(s): Laws will be passed which allow the government to overtly and unapologetically track you wherever you go on the web - these laws will extend far beyond the provisions in the Patriot Act. They are already being written up and proposed. 'Web privacy' will be a thing of the past, and one wrong click will land you in jail without a trial. Sites like this one may even become a thing of the past, and anyone caught making / visiting them or sharing alternative news will be treated as a terrorist.

It's not difficult to see where this is going - look at our historical track record. I would bet large sums of money that this is exactly the sort of thing that happens.
edit on 6-12-2010 by smokinsinger because: changed the word 'prosecuted' to 'treated,' as the word 'prosecuted' implies that you will be given a right to a fair trial, which you will likely not be.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I for one believe that we do not have the capability to cause the end of the world. We have a whole heap of nukes, yes, but the world would not end. Civilization would regress temporarily, but that is the case with all major wars. Life would continue.

I would rather the world know the "truth" however damaging that may be than continue being slaves for a few.

Like you said, the real question is: Which is better, a future of lies, or a future of truths?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by smokinsinger

I concur with you're statements regarding the "problem, reaction, solution methodology". This all seems like a "controlled burn" so to speak. I have read nothing shocking in the least and no major players have been brought to justice as a result of the information...wikileaks is less than a thorn in the side, but is made out to be a nuclear like threat.

I think it especially strange that wikileaks would release a "target list" essentially.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Yep. It is my opinion that if the leaked info were truly valuable and and really exposed the true agenda, they would have simply killed all those responsible, wiped the whole situation off the map (and the internet) as if it never happened, spread disinformation about the leaked info being false in the first place, and refused to comment further. It would be foolish for anyone to think they weren't capable of doing just that if they chose to.

The real issues are the ones you hear the least about, not this all-over-the-news / front-page-headline Wikileaks BS.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It is one thing to fight for freedom and truth.
It is some thing else to to start a war and Espionage.
This is playing in to the hands of the government.
They have all they need now.
They just need to put a spin on this in the news.
And your freedom ENDS.
It will give them the power they need to take over the internet.
This is the beginning of the end for groups like this.

Wikileaks are the enemy!
of us. and ATS.
edit on 6-12-2010 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

WikiLeaks has only made the entire world realize what governments should not have done.

WikiLeaks needs to continue on giving out information. The governments are stupid to withhold such information. Why should the governments not be held accountable for their miss doings? Why would you believe that someone that tells the truth about the miss doings of governments should be stopped? Its about time that all of the people in the world knows of the corruption that has been taking place in our governments.

Then the White House orders Federal Employees and people in our military not to read WikiLeaks. What is the White House going to do, execute our own people in the military for reading WikiLeaks? There will be a revolution in our country if our government tries to make criminals out of our military personel and federal employees for reading about the "Real Criminals" in our governments. Let the battle begin. I for one like reading the truth for once.
edit on 6-12-2010 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Wikileaks itself isn't the enemy - it's only a weapon that is being cleverly used by the real enemy to take away more of our personal freedoms. There will be other situations like this, and our freedoms will drop like flies, one by one, until we have absolutely none left whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

I think everyone missed this quote from the newspaper====>

The cable contains a simple listing. In many cases towns are noted as the location but not actual street addresses.

That, of course, is not going to hinder anyone with access to the internet.

There are also no details of security measures at any of the listed sites

It is not perhaps a major security breach, but many governments may see it as an unhelpful development

Wow.... really... this is extremely devestating to US Security???

A simple Internet search is all a terrorist would have to do in order to find any places listed??? truely a hidden gem...

How about the inner workings of Dulce Base.... or the exact locations of actual Chemical Warfare Biological Labs like on Plum Island...

edit on 12/6/2010 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
wickedleaks!
is pushing more and more.
until the people start ASKING for them to be shout down.
why do you think the press is still printing this stuff?
America has said they are terrorist.
so any one printing the information is to.
so why dont the government tell them to stop?
because the government wont this to play out this way.
do you really think any of the info wiki puts out will help?
when the people star to ask for the government to stop us.
they have won. if we lose this one.
we have to start from scratch.
they know who we are and this will give then the power and support to use it.
we are on there watch list now.
who do you gets a free holiday in the FEMA camps first?
we have lost!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
FEMA watch list.. from reading about wikileaks? Seriously dude chill out!

If there comes a point where the leaks get serious and shocking, and the US government draws the proverbial line in the sand, then that is the time to act. For now just sit back and watch the show. There is really no point in declaring it a psyops or anything else at this time.. Sure the US gov could try to use it as an excuse to clamp down on freedom of speech, I'd say that'd be a good time to tell them to STFU. I don't think threads like this help as it makes people have a negative attitude towards the truth.

US national security my snip. Why does the US have so many national security interests on foreign soil?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I actually work for one of the sites listed.

You can go to their website, where it will also reveal top secret information such as their address and fax number.

This information isn't top secret, it's available via google.

I absolutely am not worried.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Wikileaks is a cancer IMO. It's dangerous. It'll slowly kill what little left American can hold on to in the midst of all this unseen chaos and corruption.(which almost half of the stuff I hear about I choose to not believe) Wikileaks isn't there to inform you, it's there to destroy America. Not like any of you really care.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I think a lot of folks on here are selling our 'enemies' a bit short. If anyone truly believes one of the strategic targets on some list somewhere were not already targets before the list was made public . . . . well . . . lets just say you're not giving the enemy the strategic respect necessary to defeat them should it come to that . . .

Wiki-schmiki . . . if some terrorist or rogue nation or uber enemy really wanted to harm the US strategically, they certainly wouldn't be sitting around waiting for some fair-haired alleged sexual deviant Soros-backed NWO-ite to release the information to them such that they could obliterate the US . . . really . . . quit with the Kool-aid already.

If Wiki has it, they probably had it before Wiki.

Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
WikiLeaks has put out information that can only be to damaged america.
this is espionage. and not whistle blowing.

Ahem. You're speaking about espionage and damaging a country... now as a Hungarian, I can say about the same... that the U.S. is spied on Hungary, damaged our freedom. As you can see below the United States is made a really great espionage on Hungarian leaders and citizens without any true reason. So in your place I would reconsider your words, mister. Here is the file that about I'm talking.

I wouldn't be surprised if we would banish all U.S. diplomats out from our country.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel412

No offense, but I think you're missing the point. This is all part of a larger agenda, and it really doesn't matter who spied on who in the long run. It is likely that if Wikileaks damages the reputations of other countries as well as the U.S, ALL countries including Hungary could potentially use the situation to make laws that take away your freedoms.

One of the reasons this whole thing was created was to instigate conflict between the U.S. and other countries. Don't feed the monster by buying into it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join