It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: 'Will release poison pill of damaging secrets if killed or arrested"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Assange is no hero and he won't be a martyr except to true enemies of Western powers. He has taken a gamble on being the cyber messiah or a felon and he has lost after causing a lot of damage with his game. He is a terrorist, a cyper terrorist and there is absolutely no reason he cannot be nailed on that regardless of his outstanding rape charge (which in itself does tend to indicate his true character).

Ok, you're in Texas, listen George, you are Dubyah, the shrub right? I don't necessarily agree that Assange hasn't brought this on himself, I mean, he threw the first punch and tried to give the PTB a bloody nose and now he is hiding behind the skirt strings of what is behind door number 2. But, he isn't a terrorist, he is an aide to a whistleblower. the messenger. Remember the quip, "Don't kill the messenger?" Calling him a cyber messiah is just plain stupid George, if I didn't know better I'd say you were 12. He doesn't deserve to die because he's the messenger and his rape charge is ridiculous, he didn't wear a condom and that makes it rape? Are you working for the TSA now btw, do you wear a condom?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This Wikileaks guy is down right dumb and crazy.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
He's got them in a CHECKMATE position.

They can't win! The game's finished! They just gotta give up and be held accountable for their actions.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmefoc
I think this is a bluff. To date, NOTHING wikileaks has released has been of any value.

Wow, stuff goes on in war that PC America knew, but didnt discuss? SHOCKING

Wow, politics have opinions of people, and sometimes its not pretty? SHOCKING

Wow, war happens and there are alterior motives? SHOCKING

Everything released by WL has been a 0 of 10 on the "history changing" scale.. so him saying he'd release this or that, if I was the US Govt, I wouldnt be worried, Id kill him.

Why would you need to kill him if you aren't worried? I think you are scared and want him dead because you're scared. Hahahaha

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have a feeling that Julian Assange is about to become another Joseph Moshe.
2nd

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I don't wish harm on anyone but it would be for the better good if the real information gets released...

If it takes assange being assinated or arrested to see the real good insurance information, so be it, then he will be a martyr and a true hero...

Assange we need this information please think about the people..

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Awsome, more power to Assange I say
Hes doing the right thing

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fredcall

Uh.. what? What are you talking about? You aren't going to start saying it will cost money are you? That would never happen.. and in the last thread I saw of yours you had made up some complete nonsense (didn't that thread get bumped to rants?)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Everyone always seems to hate the person who did what they always wanted to do but never had the ability or gull to do, and now that he's done it, he'll be hated on by everyone, but if he never existed, you'd be wishing that there was someone like him who did...

Contradictorial babble...

link   

Originally posted by dmefoc
I think this is a bluff. To date, NOTHING wikileaks has released has been of any value.

Wow, stuff goes on in war that PC America knew, but didnt discuss? SHOCKING

Wow, politics have opinions of people, and sometimes its not pretty? SHOCKING

Wow, war happens and there are alterior motives? SHOCKING

Everything released by WL has been a 0 of 10 on the "history changing" scale.. so him saying he'd release this or that, if I was the US Govt, I wouldnt be worried, Id kill him.

If you were the US government, you'd be out of business by now with that kind of reasoning capacity.

What he's done so far is establish the fact that WikiLeaks has real and credible sources for the stuff they leak. That's all these leaks have been designed to accomplish. The real dirt is hovering over the near future and this is why people (mostly global business and political rightwingers) want him dead.

Someone posted a "9/11 Truther" with a few YouTube rants tying this guy to the CIA (without actually tying him to the CIA, by the way), so I looked into the YouTube account and discovered David Icke material laced throughout, and was suddenly not very surprised to see the stuff on Assange posted by the same account. David Icke is the primary dis-information screwball that's pissed in the 9/11 investigation pool since the word started getting around that something's wrong with the official conspiracy theory. He's tossed more inane crap at the wall than anyone, and then went and tied himself to other bizarre conspiracy claims with the obvious net effect of linking the 9/11 Truth movement to crap like Illuminati and Reptilian Overlords from outer space. Couldn't have marginalized the issue better, and sold books to the people worried about the situation in the process.

This site has a few thousand readers per day, so the disinformation effort cranks 24/7 here. I'm going to keep my mind open on this WikiLeaks thing, and mainly because if it upsets Glenn Beck, Hannity and Bill O'Reilly, then there just might be something to it that the "evil doers" are afraid of. Those clowns work for the people who got us into Iraq and Afghanistan, and who engineered the 2008 economic meltdown. If they hate something or are afraid of something, then I'm going to withhold judgement on it until I can get information from a source that isn't promoting the same bullsh*t that they are.

edit on 12/5/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by thecinic

He intends to release it all. He isn't going to just hold the Insurance file forever if they don't try to get him. He will eventually come across new files. He will then leak the insurance file and post the new damning evidence as an new insurance file.

The cables being released now are in the insurance file he put them there in case they got to him after the afghan and iraq docs. He isn't just using them as his protection, he plans to release whatever is in the file and is putting it in there in case he gets caught. He wanted these cables out so he put them in the insurance along with other files in case he wasn't able to publish them.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdestine
"Now somebody correct me if im wrong"

You are wrong, allow me to correct you.

Stating you will defend yourself if attacked is not terrorism, to even imply such a thing is ridiculous

It is terrorism if your plan is to ruin a country which he is obviously out to do.

Its one thing to defend yourself against an attacker, but he has legitimate charges laid against him. I believe its called evading arrest.

He is a selfish little child who obviously has an anti-American agenda.

I hope they find him, prove his guilt and lock him up before he can endanger the lives of more people from Afghanistan who had the nerve to stand up for themselves and speak out against the Taliban.

How would you feel if someone hacked your computer, stole all your emails and other thoughts written down and showed them to the world? Probably violated. I dont see the difference.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

lol he cannot win, whilst protecting himself from those who do not want the leaks, he has made himself a target to those who do want the leaks.

(this part is not aimed at you Mr Mask, this is just in general)
here is another reason why i am growing doubtful of wikileaks and starting to think this is just a mouthpiece for the PTB in the guise of a conspiracy theorist/truther/freedom fighter, to ensure people on sites like this, spread the message far and wide, backed up with the media reporting snippets. it has to appeal to everybody so there is no resistance or counter information, people will defend their hero.

how do you convince the ever growing amount of people that are waking up, to believe your information and put them back to sleep? gain their trust, once they trust you, you can tell them anything. "oswald killed JFK" "u.f.o.'s are nothing" etc etc.

if the leaks really concerned our 'leaders' as much as it seems to do, then why the hell are they even reporting the leaks in the media and giving him a platform? all i have to do is look at how many other events and information that has been totally ignored by the media, then wonder why they are giving wikileaks air time.

we all know if the media ignore it then nobody will know, apart from those wacky conspiracy theorists on the web.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I suppose Wikileaks terrorises world Governments but he is just ensuring he & his mother will not be killed straight away. Sadly enough I believe he will be got, the secrets will be released & will eventually die down! He will then disappear. It's like band-aid on a sore. It needs to be ripped off fast, the pain endured & then things will eventually return to normal.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So long as Wikileaks does'nt name names of soldiers and innocent people (they DO have a right to life) then I don't have a problem with the leaks; politicians must be held accountable if they are breaking laws of their countries and others as well.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Yeah its a shame though, hes kind of a revolutionary like Guy Fawkes, im quite sure if allowed he will make the world a better place through understanding, but at the moment in these times of war and conflicted interest he was probably the worst thing that happend to the goverment and one of the best things for the poeple

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

So far, I haven't been impressed with his releases. To quote Glenn Beck, "This is not news if you watch this show or have half a brain."

If Assange has Obama's passport file with original birth certificate, then I will be impressed. But I probably be skeptical about its validity, unless it makes Joe Biden President. Then we will know Hillary is behind the leaks.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if he releases it now or one of his stooges release it later. It will be released. The threat of release if he is arrested is moot. Regardless of who holds the documents, either one or 1000, someone is going to leak it. It could possibly be released before he is arrested because someone else may want to be the Gloria Allred of the alternate news on the internet and accrue the same publicity that Assange has accrued. There may be no other reason than the dream of fame.

Julian Assange is not a friend of the United States. He has done nothing good for our country and those who believe is is doing the right thing are also interested in damaging America, regardless of their public posture. He doesn't care what kind of damage he causes as long as the publicity is quick and sure. Therefore, he is no friend of mine nor are they. What he did could could have been a good thing but he used a shotgun approach to hurt everyone he touched instead of tackling relevant issues to disclose both corporate and economic corruption. Those who believe and profess otherwise, are also enemies of our country.

If Julian Assange wanted to be a hero, then he knew what he was doing or didn't think it through. Now that he has made a decision, he will have to deal with the consequences regardless of what they are and I believe they will be severe. Bradley Manning is a traitor. Julian Assange is his accomplice. (There is no First Amendment protection for treason under these circumstances.) Both are guilty of treason and it would be no stretch that they deserve the ultimate punishment. Treason is now punishable by life imprisonment within the Federal Guidlines. One is as guiilty as the other and both deserve the penalty. I hope it is carried out quickly.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Assange offered to let US in on before release , the government declined his offer.

From what he has said, wikileaks has been hauled into court 100s of times and won every time, so what is he doing wrong if this is not China?

They will kill him, don't you think he has alittle fear of them killing him, why else would he keep reminding them.

This guy seems like he could end up being the one that saves the world and wakes everyone up, to all the lies everyone seems to accecpt from the Government.

People don't realize it Kissinger has a warrant for his arrest, out of South America, for Crimes against humanity
They should call Kissinger, The Genoside Man.

Sorry if I repeaded anything someone said.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

High-profile politicians in the U.S. including Sarah Palin, a narrow loser in the race to become the Republican presidential candidate in 2008, have suggested the computer programmer should be executed for publishing leaked U.S. state secrets - OP's article

Executed? WTF? These guys are just supplying to the demand, if there was more transparency then it wouldnt be needed - but because of the constant corruption, coverups and abuse of power someone has to stand up, and if the American people wont do it a global group of hackers will.
What is executing Assange going to do? The US is dealing with a hacker network, killing the face of it is not going to work. TPTB are getting frustrated that someone is playing fire with fire. I find it funny because TPTB do the same thing - America can change president but we know it does nothing really, we know that he is just a face for their network... they have met their match.
And for those saying weakleaks is disinfo, I say who cares, when you already have so much disinfo, the more info the better- they can use it as a smoke screen but they will likely see new hacker networks following suit that they will not have control over.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join